[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /co/, wanna help a newcomer? First time posting on this board.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Superman.jpg (11KB, 177x240px) Image search: [Google]
Superman.jpg
11KB, 177x240px
Hi /co/, wanna help a newcomer? First time posting on this board. I'm 20 years old and I've never been interested in superhero comics. My only experiences with superheroes were pic related (The Man Of Steel by John Byrne, 1986), Raimi's Spider-Man, Fantastic 4, and a few cartoons. 5 months ago I became interested in this world, so since then I watched every superhero movie (DC/Marvel) from 2000 onwards, including the X-Men, MCU, DCCU, even some movies I didn't know existed like Daredevil played by Ben Affleck, TV series like The Flash, Daredevil, Arrow, and almost all of the DC Animated Movies, and I loved all of them. I've read a few comics, namely Civil War, Deadpool kills the marvel universe, and, for curiosity, a few issues for every important character there is, like the first issues of Spiderman, X-Men, Dr. Strange, The Flash, etc... For what I've seen so far, my favourite superheroes are Superman, Captain America, The Flash and Spider-Man. I thought you could help me because I'm looking for some story to read, I'm really interested in this new DC reboot I heard about.
I'd love to start reading comics seriously but I feel like I need to start from a nice story which begins from the origins of a character, so that I can understand everything better. Any suggestions?
>>
File: superman - for all seasons - 037.jpg (595KB, 1998x1498px) Image search: [Google]
superman - for all seasons - 037.jpg
595KB, 1998x1498px
Superman For All Seasons is a loose companion to Byrne's Man of Steel is a better book by it's own terms
>>
Everything is good for starters
>>
>>85572175
Batman: Year One and Superman: Birthright seem like a good place to go.
>>
>>85572215
Good, I'll read this later. Thank you! Also, I tried to start reading something from this new DC universe, but every story, even if it's "n.1", seems to start from something else, so that I should have read other stories to understand everything. I don't get that, I thought that this was supposed to be a new starting point.
>>
>>85572260
It isn't though. Don't worry about it, there's no way to get into comics and understand what's going on unless you go all the way back to the 30's when there was no continuity yet. Just let it happen to you.
>>
>>85572260
Also I read somewhere that it was The Flash (Barry Allen I think) who reeboted the DC universe. How did he do that? The same thing as the "Time Boom" in the Flashpoint paradox animated movie? Because that was complete bullshit. If that's true, is he aware that he changed history like in the TV series? In his new comic, does he remembers the previous DC universe?
>>
>>85572286
Well thank you so much!
>>
>>85572306
There's been plenty of reboots and retcons throughout the decades, don't worry about them. You'll never be able to wrap your head around all that nonsense, just read things and try to enjoy yourself.
>>
File: groot wtf is this shit.png (419KB, 605x715px) Image search: [Google]
groot wtf is this shit.png
419KB, 605x715px
>How do I start reading comics?

Get book, read. Repeat as necessary. Fucking christ, what is so hard about that? That's like asking "hey guys, how do I get into television? I was really hoping to start watching some television shows." Are you from another planet or something? What is so hard?
>>
>>85572413
Not OP but has it occurred to you that there's so much shit out there it's not a smart move to jump into it blind and hope you eventually find something good?
>>
File: no.png (482KB, 602x726px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
482KB, 602x726px
>>85572432

Worked for me
>>
>>85572461
I remember how I got into comics. All those random Spider-Man stories bought at a yard sale, no two from even the same year. Good times.
>>
>>85572432
This
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.