[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Dark Knight & Batman v Superman: A Case Study

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 12

File: Photo_2016-08-17_06-26-52_PM.png (2MB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
Photo_2016-08-17_06-26-52_PM.png
2MB, 1936x1936px
Let's analyze these two Batmobile scenes from each of their respective films.

The top photo is from The Dark Knight (Directed by Christopher Nolan); Batman is at all cost trying to protect Harvey Dent. There are virtually no outright brutal casualties committed by Batman, and barely even any from the criminals he is pursuing aside from the occasional cop car turnover. Bats is trying to get his subject by creating as little chaos as possible.

The bottom picture is from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Directed by Zack Snyder); Batman is seen trying to get an artifact to kill another hero, and is in the process killing OTHER soldiers for hire that were just tasked with delivering this product to Luthor. Batman is ruthless, and resembles very little of The Caped Crusader we know and love, and this isn't right. No matter how dark of a place Batman is in, he knows that he cannot willingly commit murder because if he does, he becomes just as bad as the evil people he pursues.

Make of that what you will.
>>
/co/ BTFO.
>>
>>85559246
Bale is an OK actor that played the best live action Batman while Ben Affleck is the best actor to play an OK Batman.
>>
>>85559425
>Ben Affeck is a better actor than Christian Bale

wew lad
>>
File: image.png (65KB, 390x158px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
65KB, 390x158px
What about the chase scene in TDKR where Batman kills everyone?
>>
>>85559588
>Talia and her driver
>Everyone

Bataffleck probably killed more people in five minutes than Baleman killed in the entire trilogy.
>>
>>85559425
So your saying that Ben Affleck is a better actor than Christian Bale?

Neo-Dcucks, everyone. You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>85559631
This.
>>
BatBump!
>>
>>85559631
>>85559696

Thats just factually wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0kmVEjPKKM
>>
>>85559588
She had those two big airbags, how did she die?
>>
>>85559588
There's are many reasons whu TDKR is regarded as the worst of the trilogy.
>>
>>85559954
This video doesn't really help your cause, like at all. It actually hinders it. In The Dark Knight trilogy all the deaths are just tragic casualties of war. In BvS Batfleck is outright nonchalantly killing people.

Also

>including the Ras al ghul death when Bats says he wasn't going to kill him but instead not save him.
>>
>>85559954
>Bataffleck killed 15 people in BvS alone

So... Anon was right.

Also, those ninjas are kinda' stretching it.
>>
>>85560045
TDKR is miles ahead of all the capeshit that's released today that's for sure.
>>
>>85560178

He killed Ra's, man. No two ways about it.

>>85560215

Why?
>>
>>85559425
>the best live action Batman
Are you actually kidding me or are you just retarded?
>>
>>85560178
If I could save someone but choose not to then I'm basically guilty of committing murder.
>>
>>85560178
>i orchestrated the events leading to your inevitable death but i'm not killing you i'm just not preventing the outcome of the situation i set up
>>
>>85559246
Someone obviously has not read the dark knight returns.
>>
>>85562317
>/co/
>reading comics
>>
>>85559246
Done ranting? Good. Batflecks views indirect casualties as the exception. He never outright picks up a gun and empties the clip, he is never shown to snap a neck, or cut a throat. He's not the Bat of Murder but he's not going out of his way to ensure that every criminal is apprehended without serious harm.
>>
>>85562729
He literally walks up to someone and dismemebers their bowels.
>>
>>85562729

Except he literally does in the warehouse scene. On his approach he is shooting literal machineguns down and shooting people and blowing them up. Inside his first major offensive move is grabbing a thug with a gun and spinning around while emptying a magazine.

He kills everyone in the warehouse fight, maybe save a few lucky ones that might have got the immediate medical attention they need. He gives multiple compound fractures, concussions (brain damage), stab wounds (grapnel gun attack, and he outright guts a guy) and he offensively uses a grenade to kill two thugs.
>>
>>85562729
How delusional are you? Batfleck is a straight up murderer. That warehouse scene alone contains shit that rivals the likes of The Punisher.

What the fuck was Zack Snyder and Warner Bros thinking? No one wants to see their Batman doing that shit.
>>
Are you people autistic?

The warehouse scene is no worse than anythng in the most brutal batman comics or any of the Arkham games.

If anything its the first time we've seen the true reality of Bruce's aggressiveness and strength.
>>
>>85563936
>>85563389
See all this to me sounds like Batman's no kill ruke just doesn't work in live acton. You're brain is registering shit that in comics you would just brush off.
>>
>>85559246
>Make of that what you will.
You're taking two different scenes with two different contexts and trying to imply some sort of moral and quality opinion that you want the reader to believe as fact?
>>
>>85560178
>In The Dark Knight trilogy all the deaths are just tragic casualties of war.
Batfleck wasn't trying to kill those guys in the chase scene. If you look at the footage, he was aiming directly at the cars. It's their own fault they got in the way of the bullets or the explosions from the vehicles.
>>
>>85564235
What works is not seeing Batman intently murdering people in great detail.
>>
>>85559425
Bale is certainly not the best Batman, but he the one that had the best material.

I believe in Affleck. He's a good actor, and I think he would make a great batman if fucking Snyder didn't keep shitting it up. Besides, he looks more like batman.

I don't know if Bale is better than Affleck. I think they're on about the same level.
>>
File: Batlol.png (413KB, 453x426px) Image search: [Google]
Batlol.png
413KB, 453x426px
>>85559246
>DK Batman breaks car door mirrors
>BVS Batman takes peoples heads off
>>
>>85564675
Man can you be anymore of a drama Queen? You see Batman get rough and brutal but it's not like we haven't seen this kind of Batman before.
>>
>>85559246
The editing for Dark Knight's chase scene is fucking awful and near incoherent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueOx7AaJiJ8
>>
>>85559246
First off you're analyzing a picture not a scene
Secondly this a false equivalency because Batman in BvS is supposed to be Batman at his most darkest hour.
>>
>People STILL mad about Batman killing
Did people get this rectally ragnarok'd when Batman 1989 came out?
>>
>>85564815
>we've seen this kind of Batman before
>we've seen Batman throw grenades at people

Why do you continue to argue?
>>
>>85564963
Lmao youre pathetic. Why even comment you obviously have nothing worthwhile to say.

Do you even know what “false equivalency" means? Lol you dork.
>>
>>85564919
That video is stupid. The editing is that way because it's supposed to highlight Joker's chaotic nature. It's a perfect scene.
>>
BvS > MCU
Not even joking
>>
>>85564235
>>85564675

It's much easier to bullshit with comics because it's already cartoonish and unbelievable. It's far easier for comic Batman to get away with hitting people and assuming that they're hit hard enough that no major damage is inflicted (the notion of which is bullshit because a hard enough knock to the head could still kill a guy is KO'd without immediate medical attention) and still not completely destroy suspension of disbelief. It's much harder to suspend disbelief when you see live-action Batman smashing a cargo crate via grappling gun into a guy's head against the wall, with a distinct bloody smear behind him as he falls limp, and assume that the guy was not fucking murdered.

It's exactly why it's easier for the movie audience to swallow that nearly all of the live-action Batmen have killed, because it doesn't feel ultra-contrived like in the comics.
>>
File: Y Y Y Y Y.gif (3MB, 381x318px) Image search: [Google]
Y Y Y Y Y.gif
3MB, 381x318px
>>85559246
>No matter how dark of a place Batman is in, he knows that he cannot willingly commit murder because if he does, he becomes just as bad as the evil people he pursues.

Good. So he becomes the Punisher. Maybe crime in Gotham will actually disappear now because there's a fucking boogeyman that flies around at night and brutally murders criminals.

:^)
>>
>>85565345
What do you call an exploding Batarang?
>>
>>85565345
You mean the scene where the mook drops the grenade then decides to crawl after it rather than take cover?
>>
It's pathetic to see DCucks in this thread try o defend Snyder's Batman; like a hostage trying to defend his hostee. You all are literally experiencing Stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>85565816
Or maybe they genuinely like it? I like seeing a more jaded Batman who has fallen in his morals.
>>
>>85565508
Okay. You should seek help. I don't feel safe walking outside with people who believe this.
>>
File: 1464033115410.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464033115410.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>85565663
Joker's asshole.
>>
>>85565624
>>85565624
2b fair, I think when batman kicked the second guy, the third guys gun went off and fired into the other guys leg, knocking that guy to the ground.
>>
>>85565952
>o-oh no, this person likes different movies than me, I feel unsafe in my own community now
you are the one who needs help
>>
>>85559588
>chase the people that are keeping the entire city hostage with a nuclear bomb or whatever
>they escape
>they die in accident

FUCKING BAT OF MURDER! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
>>
>>85561757
Ra's is the one that decided to get on the train
Gordon is the one that broke the railroad

Batman only decided to save himself and not Ra's because he already did so in the past and Ra's called him out on his stupidity
>>
>>85565840
you mean red hood
>>
File: 1374819927459.jpg (4KB, 251x241px) Image search: [Google]
1374819927459.jpg
4KB, 251x241px
>>85566008
>>
>>85559246

Another DC hate thread. Batman has killed in most movies and was in a dark place in this movie. The movie explains and tells why he has become the person he is. Fuck I hate posting in bait threads.
>>
>>85566798
it doesn't mean anything
what he deed was wrong, there is no redemption for him and yet somehow they want to threat him as just another hero even if he is basically a murderer and nothing more

he is basically Red Hood and not Batman
>>
>>85567391
Who is they?
>>
>>85559246
>>85559246

Actually Batman is a fictional character who is not bound by any constraints except those of the imagination

Sorry Anon it's not real it's make believe
>>
i was laughing pretty hard when the BvS dude had a rocket launcher like the Joker's.

the fight when he saved Martha was the same thing, remaking Batman saving the hostages from TDK but worse.
>>
>>85567406
WB in the real world
the other heroes he is going to recruit in the next movie in the fiction
>>
>>85567457
I noticed that too kek
>>
>>85559425
>Affleck is a better actor than Bale

Confirmed for only watching superhero movies
>>
>>85564203

He stabs a guy he already had incapacitated.

There was no reason for that besides pure murder glee.
>>
>>85567391
>. somehow they want to threat him as just another hero even if he is basically a murderer and nothing more

So just like in the Burton films where the people of the city celebrate him and give him his own signal. Tell the truth, you don't give a flying fuck that Batman killed a couple of random mooks. You are buttblasted because Snyder had him kill a couple of nooks. Batman killing people was NEVER brought up for Burton or Nolan whom had him outright murder two face.
>>
>>85567457

"Worse" how? Surely not fight choreography.
>>
>>85569208
Except that guy was still alive after getting stabbed. Ynext time watch a scene before commenting
>>
>>85569356
he jumps on two face and they both fall

also those were self contained universes, this is a Batman that is now building the Justice League and will hang around actual heroes
>>
>>85565508
nice company wars, faggot.

Great contribution
>>
>>85559246
>The Caped Crusader we know and love
this doesn't exist
Every iteration is "not muh" for someone else
>>
>>85560178
Anon, you ever hear that saying "a lie of omission is still a lie"? Well, murder through inaction is still murder.
>>
>>85562317
The only person that Batman directly kills in TDKR is The Joker and that's a maybe.
>>
>>85570139
He directly killed Harvey too by tackling him off a ledge.
>>
>>85570163
What, when?
>>
>>85570163
Not in The Dark Knight Returns.

Even in The Dark Knight he only tackled him to save the life of a child and probably misjudged how far the fall was, since Baleman doesn't know everything.
>>
File: Totally not dead truck driver.png (560KB, 1364x1208px) Image search: [Google]
Totally not dead truck driver.png
560KB, 1364x1208px
>>85559246
>There are virtually no outright brutal casualties committed by Batman,
Shut the fuck up. Nolan Batman was the most retarded Batman ever. He kills all the time and yet pretends he doesn't. He's against guns yet not rockets on the Batwing. Batfleck and Keaton's Batman at least made sense.
>>
>>85559999
>those quads
>>
>>85570527
The Dark Knight is the best Batman film in existence. Stay Mad.
>>
>>85559954
They...they just cant help it. They feel they HAVE to give him guns or gunlike stuff, they HAVE to make him kill people.

I was watching The Dark Knight, and i can see how they were feeling in a seen. How Batman is just WEAK without a gun, doesnt he just feel weak without one? I would feel so defenseless wihtout one...

SO they give him gunlike bomb shooters, or gun like emp guns....

Someone who is afraid of guns, and cant get passed it, maybe shouldnt make a movie about guns.

If a director if afraid of NOT guns, and cant get passed it...maybe make a different movie. One
with guns. This one isnt for you.
>>
>>85560178
Im not going to kill you, but i will put lighter fluid on you and light and walk away.
>>
>>85562729
What the hell is this?

He never outright does what is seen in the movie by everyone, lol
>>
>>85570983
I have nothing against the Nolan moves. Batman Begins is my favorite Batman movie, but Nolan's Batman was retarded.
>>
>>85563389
and of course, it contradicts everything about batman, breaks all the logic.

Like..ok....people have asked this question of the Batman who DOESNT kill people.

This Batman kills lots of people, all the time....how is the JOKER STILL ALIVE?
>>
>>85566798
eerhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

wrong.

Movie hate thread.
>>
>>85559425
>people actually believe that a whiny, ineffective urban commando who goes full NEET for 8 years because his waifu died was the best Batman
Fuckin'... damn.
>>
>>85559588
And how about the chase scene in Begins where Batman fucking destroys police cars in ways that should have been lethal as fuck, for no reason at all, but it's okay because Gordon makes a quip and the news says no one died.
>>
>>85572050
yeah I dunno why people are upset about the man of manslaughter when baleman's retiring was possibly one of the most out-of-character things I have ever seen. and then he does it again at the end of the movie.
>>
>>85572086
The funny thing is, Batfags just seem to pretend it didn't happen. I can totally abide by his retiring as them trying to tell the story of a different Batman, one who realizes what he wants in life and feels like he's done enough to walk away from Gotham, but honestly if you're going to be okay with that, you should probably be okay with a Batman who doesn't care if you die after he takes out your gatling gun-equipped SUV, because it's really just a different kind of Batman.

Besides, at least DCEU Bats is somewhat justified. His character arc in the movie is his fall from grace, after 20 years of putting up with relentless loss and Gotham's bullshit.

>>85571141
>it contradicts everything about batman, breaks all the logic.
>dressing up like a bat to fight crime
>logic
M'kay.

>>85564235
This, a thousand fucking times. It's the same reason all the destruction in Man of Steel made people uncomfortable. Worse shit happens in the comics and cartoons all the time.
>>
>>85572248
you like superheroes killing?
>>
>>85572300
not him but I don't mind it as long as they don't use it as the first option (or get redeemed like batman did in BvS). my problem with bvs is that everyone seems upset about the bat-brands that get people killed when batman seems to kill a lot more people through collateral.
>>
>>85559588
They crashed their own car. It's pretty obvious Bruce was trying to deter it.
>>
>>85572300
As long as there's a reason. A gritty Batman who has seen enough shit and gives zero fucks? Yeah. A Superman who has no other options and realizes that killing someone/thing is a responsibility he must bear? Yeah, that too.

My first exposure to Batman was through Burton's movies, though, and I never really gave it any thought. I did get into comics after and realize how not killing was woven into his character, but I also realize how painfully stupid and inept it makes him look sometimes. I also realize the "no kill" code was actually born from CCA regulations and the fact that it made it easier for writers to recycle villains, so it's kind of hard for me to uphold it as the golden rule for Batman's character like most do.

Same with Supes. I believe he should never kill a human, but if a supernatural threat comes along that humans are unable to deal with, him playing a game of "no kill" that continues to cost innocent lives just makes him look like a selfish child.

I know the childish, meaningless counter-argument I always get around here is "THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER WAY, THAT'S THE POINT". Yeah, there is if the writer decides there is, obviously, but that's shitty fucking writing. I don't like writing that doesn't balance responsibility with consequence.
>>
>>85572492
that seems a lot more logical reasoning than
>not killing makes you a wimp
i think
>>
>>85572530
I mean, I understand the virtue of being a hero that refuses to kill, and I even appreciate it when done right, but if you're going to do that, you can't have villains that keep returning to cause mini-genocides on a monthly basis. You can't mix that kind of gritty realism with silver-age ideals.

I appreciate both takes, the writers just have to do a better job of knowing when to play it up and when not to.
>>
>>85559425
You couldn't be more wrong

Ben is the GOAT Batman
>>
>>85572050
You COULD make the argument that they didn't really need him for most of those 8 years. The movie kind of made it seem like Gotham had calmed down and the police had things under control. What's kind of inexcusable is that Bruce let his company, his father's legacy, go to absolute shit just because he was pouty.

Probably one of my favorite things about Batfleck is how competent he was at being Batman AND Bruce.
>>
File: BatmanChristianBale.jpg (67KB, 750x1011px) Image search: [Google]
BatmanChristianBale.jpg
67KB, 750x1011px
>>85569356
He had to choose between Harvey's life and Jim's son. It wasn't cold blooded murder.

Yes, DCEU Batman had a "reason" to kill, but they gloss over it. The "cruel" speech is about branding, remember?
>>
>>85572832
>He had to choose between Harvey's life and Jim's son. It wasn't cold blooded murder.
I loved the first two Nolan bats movies, but even I was triggered by that. It was especially egregious because they outright make Batman's no-kill rule an actual plot point.
Batman should have found another way than just tackling Harvey.
Same with blowing up the League of Shadows and letting Ra's die through circumstances that he directly caused.

I hate that Batffleck is a killer, but I can live with it because they never said that he wasn't a killer.
>>
>>85567391
>they want to threat him as just another hero even if he is basically a murderer and nothing more
>killing criminals means you aren't a hero
Sometimes I forget just how immature this board is.
>>
>>85573051
Hey I got nothing against a little Franking, it's just that it's not muh Batman that does it, it's muh Frank.
>>
>kill police in Batman Begins
>kill Ra's al Ghul
>crash the truck driver's skull
>kill Harvey dent
>kill everyone in TDKR
>>
>>85573095
Oh yeah

>to establish is no-kill rule
>...he burns down an entire house of ninjas, killing most of them
>>
>>85559425
>Bale is an OK actor
Dude he's a great actor who was an alright Batman/Bruce
>>
>>85559246
I honestly didn't mind Batman killing in BvS, but what really bothered me was the fact that after he became besties with the alien he was trying to kill for the duration of the movie until he found out their mothers have the same first name, was that he was still killing people in the warehouse after he found his redemption of sorts.
>>
File: Screenshot (436).png (298KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (436).png
298KB, 1366x768px
>>85573012
He's not Batgod in these movies, he doesn't have some magic device up his sleeve to stop Harvey from pulling the trigger. He saw an opportunity to take him down and took it.

Also, the cops and news casters in DKR spend half the movie calling Batman a murderer.
>>
>>85573245
god I fucking hate that costume so much.
>>
>>85559246
A. Batman kills or maims innocent police officers.
Despite what you would love to believe, a super speed tank at that velocity would cause instant death on any people inside the crushed cars

B. Batman kills or maims criminal genocidal (literally) mercenaries

Make of that what you will.
>>
>>85572832
ugh, I like the chest symbol, but the rest of the costume has not aged well.
>>
File: Batman-Begins-Image-7.jpg (42KB, 591x730px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-Begins-Image-7.jpg
42KB, 591x730px
>>85573956
>Ugh
Cry more, tumblr
>>
>>85574487
Neck is shit.

You dont have to make a real life neck turning suit to pretend it lets him turn the head. Just dont address that shit on the movie. Like Burton movies.
>>
Only real DC fans are ok with a murdering Batman
>>
>>85575150
I'm a real DC fan and I don't condone this shit.
>>
>>85573447
Lmao fuck off Bale's Batman isn't literally dismembering people's bowels and that's all that matters here
>>
I seem to recall Baleman killing that guy in the garbage truck during the Dent pursuit
>>
>>85576207
>Dude one guy who Batman crashed into is comparable to Batfleck slaughtering an entire warehouse of goons explicitly for the audience to see

Stop grasping at straws.
>>
>>85576184
Neither is Batfleck
>>
Snydercucks are so fucking delusional it's not even funny anymore.

Baleman learned that you can't save everyone the hard way. When he was still at a young age and not Batman yet.

And the whole "I won't kill you but I don't have to save you" act only is the ramification of Ra's taking it too far.

In BvS, we see a celebration of violence and death, because that's what Snyder thinks is cool.

So, no matter what resembles the comic book Batman more, you niggers compare a well thought 3 part act, based on character progression, to an unreasonable death spree on a half established rationale.
>>
>>85576776
How about stop assuming that I condone what Batfleck did in his movie? Im just pointing out Bale Batman killed people too. Hell so did Keaton. Doesnt excuse Snyders interpretation for being shit. Batman killing isnt anything new, the problem is how much weight you give it
>>
>>85572076
It's okay. Snyder has enhanced his technique by making it so that the city is evacuated, the island is uninhabited, and the port is abandoned. All he has to do is say that nobody died in the car chase scene, or say that they're all robots (which Batman figured out due to off-screen detective work). Simple.
>>
>>85572796
"I work for Bruce Wayne!"

You think ANY of Bruce's employees in The Dark Knight trilogy would ever say something like that? "You're the boss, boss." Every one of Bruce's employees love him. He's the best guy to work for.
>>
>>85576776
But he was specifically talking about the batmobile scenes for the sake of comparison.

Bale kills/maims innocent police officers
Baffleck kills genocidal mercenaries

In this particular comparative, Bale is the bigger monster.

Regardless, I dont mind Batman killing as long as he kills only criminals, not police officers or bystanders.

Keaton did nothing wrong.
>>
>>85573245
>he doesn't have some magic device up his sleeve to stop Harvey from pulling the trigger

That's not Batgod. That's not even Bat MAN. Batman would have a device. Part of his character is having gadgets. If they wanted a normal guy with no powers, barely any gadgets, and nearly no training who can't even beat a strong guy, why not use a different character?

Imagine if the dark knight movie was about, say, Dr Mid-Nite against Anarky. They could have used similar things since nobody cares about Dr. Mid-Nite.

I personally would have used The Question, but Nolan doesn't care about detective work apparently.
>>
>>85570527
Unless they are shown dead or stated as such they don't count. Are you new to cape fiction?
That Batman never killed otherwise someone would have brought that up.
>>
>>85577916
Then Ben Affleck's Batman didn't kill either.
>>
>>85577916
Batman also kills Talia. He deliberately shoots the truck with a missile which cause truck to go off the road which kills her.
>>
>>85577977
how dare Batman try to stop a woman that is keeping the city hostage and is running away?

this is the same as Batman in BvS killing for fun and enjoying every moment of it
>>
>>85578082
>this is the same as Batman in BvS killing for fun and enjoying every moment of it

Dude sweet fanfic. Does your OC beat Batman in a one-on-one fight afterwards?
>>
>>85577491
Please point out where Batman is killing police officers in TDK? How petty are you to literally make up things?
>>
>>85577175
Pretty much this.
>>
>>85559246
fuck off faggot
>>
That's how shit the DCEU is.
We get a Superman that loses faith in humanity every 30 minutes, a Batman is just a less logical Punisher (if that was even possible) and WW that is just the strong warrior meme.

Can't wait for Barry being the quipster and Cyborg just being there.
>>
>>85578826
This guy gets it.
>>
>>85559246
Bat Assfleck could rip the head off of a baby and DCucks will still defend him
>>
>>85578826
TRIGGERED
>>
>>85579164
>cyborg just being there

his 4 lines are going to be

"DAYUM"
"I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR THIS SHIT"
"something about football being like fighting aliens"
"WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT BATSY?"
>>
>>85579410
>not "let's hit the showers
>no unironic "booyah" where everyone looks at him funny afterwards
>>
>>85564919
lmao not this video again
>>
Will /co/ ever recover?
>>
>>85580504
Not 'til JL comes out and makes a gorillion dollars and has a 500% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It's the only way.
>>
>>85572832
>>85569574
Why type all this bullshit that even you can't believe?

Just say " its OK because it wasn't directed by Zack Snyder" and be done with it.
>>
>>85572086
Not just the retiring but retiring after the death of his "not GF" and then handing all his secrets and the fucking Batcave to a guy he just met.
>>
>>85573170
Meanwhile Affleck is a mediocre to decent actor , but a great director who was a good Bruce and a GOAT Batman
>>
>>85573956
>>85574487
I actually like this Batsuit more than the Tacticool bullshit he wore in the next two movies. For me

BVS Batsuit>>>> Begin's Batsuit> Batman 89 Batsuit>>>>>>> tacticool shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joel Schumacher shit
>>
>>85572086
>>85581026
He retired because the city now had Harvey Dent as a hero and he was seen as the one that killed him. I can't believe people miss the point when they literally have the "not the hero we need now" speech at the end.

Please stick to Snyder's film since you clearly can't follow easy plots.
>>
>>85561026
TDKR sucked ass, dude.
>>
>>85581285
Yeah but wouldn't Gotham having their "hero" already be dead just cause criminals to be more likely to commit crimes?
>>
>>85559246
Can you imagine Batfleck in the Tumbler? It would be perfect.
>>
>>85582005
no because one of the themes of the movie is that Gotham had to be cleaned the "right way" as in following justice and the system and not some caped vigilante operating outside the law
>>
>>85579301
Because he would still be 10x better than Bale that's why.
>>
>>85581285
I didn't "miss the point" but clearly Nolan and his followers clearly miss the point of Batman
>>
>>85561696

> walking down the street
> man yells out for help
> wall around corner
> man is suspended above a vat of acid
> tells me he is slowly being lowered into a vat of acid
> tells me the only way to save him is to cut a key out of my stomach
> leave
> post on 4chan
> anon calls me a murderer
>>
I don't fully understand how you Snyderfags can constantly praie the movies for being something you can take seriously and for it subverting and deconstructing and not conforming to the genre and then in the next breath you whine incessantly on why audiences and critics don't give it the leeway that those genre conventions afforded in the first place.

You wanted a movie universe where people "take things seriously" and now that people are taking it seriously you can't handle it.
>>
>>85572248
>>it contradicts everything about batman, breaks all the logic.
>>dressing up like a bat to fight crime
>>logic
>M'kay.

wow, thanks for the input. Such great insight
>>
The no-kill rule is retarded, anyway. You cannot brutally beat the shit out of people on a regular basis and not kill someone. All it takes is for someone to fall wrong or take a hard blow to the wrong spot, and it's lights out forever. And that's not even considering weapons being thrown into the mix.
>>
>>85586689
>didn't call the cops
ANON OF MURDER!
>>
>>85582005
Dent's death gave the government of Gotham the ability to push through the Dent Act, which gave them far more power in attacking crime. There's a speech by the mayor at the beginning of TDKR explaining that.

Dent became a martyr for justice because Batman took on the responsibility for the murder of Dent, and of the people Dent murdered as Two-Face.
>>
>>85586689
It's more like
> walking down the street
> man yells out for help
> wall around corner
> man is suspended above a vat of acid
> tells me he is slowly being lowered into a vat of acid
> tells me the only way to save him is to press a single button right next to me
> leave because I don't feel like it
>>
>>85582279
Wow that's a terrible theme.
>>85590821
This makes a lot more sense. I never watch TDKR because it seemed kind of dumb to me.
>>
>>85586689
>>85593998
Close, but it's
>cause a chain of events which lead to a man suspended above a vat of acid
>heh this was all my doing but I didn't technically do it directly :^)
>I don't HAVE to save you
>>
>>85594005
Why? Batman is a necessary evil is not something people should wish for
>>
>>85594068
I was more referring to the anon disagreeing that not saving someone when you can is practically murder. The scenario he came up with just doesn't make any logical sense. If you can save someone's life in a situation where there is no personal risk on your part to do so then that's pretty damn close to murder. I'd say it could almost be considered negligent homicide in specific cases.
>>
>>85594068
but Batman didn't cause any of the events that led to Ra's death
>>
>>85594313

>had Gordon blow out a section of the tracks
>personally destroyed the train's controls to guarantee it crashing
>left Ra's in the train he set on a course to destruction

Batman killed the shit out of Ra's.
>>
>>85594522
so Gordon killed Ra's
>>
>>85594608

Batman and Gordon cooperated to kill Ra's.
>>
>>85594626

Batman planned it, the two of them conspired to carry it out. Hell, Batman had enough time to pause and give a defenseless Ra's a cool one-liner before abandoning him to the fate he had orchestrated. Totally premeditated.

And in the sequel, Batman totally killed Harvey Dent, and without any assistance that time. Sure, it may not have been completely intentional, and under the circumstances it was totally justified, but he shoved a man out of a building, and that man died as a result. He broke his "one rule".

Balebats is a killer.
>>
>>85594807
Yeah that's one of the reasons I didn't like the Dark Knight trilogy. He's a murderer and he has the gall to lie about it.
>>
>>85594137
I wouldn't call him a necessary evil. That's like calling Superman a necessary evil. He just does what the police does, but better. I'll take one Batman instead of 10 cops any day. I'll take one Superman over a billion cops.
>>
>>85594807
>>85595298
So joker got him to break his one rule after all
>>
>>85594195

I wasn't arguing that you shouldn't save someone if it's easy to do it. I wasn't even arguing that my dumb, originally proposed scenario was a parallel to any Batman, and a lot of people seem to think it was.

The anon I replied to said that if you didn't save someone when you could, you were a murderer. I think that's a pretty stupid thing to say
>>
File: Double Riders.jpg (60KB, 350x326px) Image search: [Google]
Double Riders.jpg
60KB, 350x326px
>>85572300
It's funny how what you grow up with can shape your view of capes
>>
>>85596115

Yeeeep. Joker won.
>>
>>85594807

And that's not counting the people who had to be injured or killed in those car chases with his personal tank. Or the whole building of ninja he blew the fuck up. Speaking of, I doubt the criminal he refused to execute with a sword got out of that inferno alive; he was bound, not in the best shape, probably not familiar with the building's layout, and panicked. So...good job, Bruce.
>>
>>85596115
>>85598171
RIP Batman
>>
>>85561696
>>I've never heard of the Trolley Problem
I bet you think all paladins should fall, too.
>>
>>85560215
>killed 15
Nope. Come back with real numbers.
>>
>>85577969
this
>>
>>85572492
What winnik-fags don't undertand is that no kill rule for Batman (at least if he isn't written by Waid or Winnick) isn't absolute , but the line he doesn't USUALLY cross.
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.