[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your opinion on Daria?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
Your opinion on Daria?
>>
So, she's like, a white Diane?
>>
>>85554505
I don't like how she teats Mr Peanutbutter or Bojack. She's a terrible person.
>>
File: Daria-Darko.jpg (97KB, 925x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Daria-Darko.jpg
97KB, 925x1000px
>>85554505
the megg of the late 90s
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ndtcfuzVyL1qlr65v.jpg (61KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ndtcfuzVyL1qlr65v.jpg
61KB, 500x322px
it had my earliest crush on it
>>
>>85554579
>>85554554
Fuck you, I wanted to make that joke.
>>
>>85554591
>you will never pull Jane's boots off and lick the sweat off her feet
>>
>>85554505
i liked the show for the other characters of the show.

i found daria the character to be unlikeable, and only started to "develop" in the last season.
>>
Why have there been so many Daria threads lately?
>>
>>85554554
>>85554579
>>85554823
damn you all
>>
>>85554959
Because it's being re-aired on MtvClassic which used to be Vh1Classic.
>>
>>85554879
>>85554591
Where are drawfags when you need them?
>>
>>85554505
Disappointed that she is not a genderbent Dario Argento.
>>
>>85554505
I want to peel the boots off of her feet and lick them!
>>
Sometimes she was a bitch to some people for no reason at all, remember Brittany she wasen't mean to Daria, yeah she was dumb, but she actually believe that she and Daria are friends, but Daria keep treating her like crap
>>
File: StacySunburn.png (62KB, 163x312px) Image search: [Google]
StacySunburn.png
62KB, 163x312px
dat ass
>>
I enjoyed the show and most of the characters but Daria herself was just so unlikable...there is a point where nihilism just becomes obnoxious.
>>
>>85554505
Bunch of upper middle class cunts
>>
>>85555783
>dat lack of ass

FTFY
>>
haven't seen too much of the show but i want her feet in my face
>>85554879
>>85555084
>>85555573
not alone i see
>>
First season is really boring. Picks up, drops off around the love triangle, then picks up at the end.

I like that (aside from Gwen and a few rare instances) Daria's antagonists are never *directly* antagonizing her, insomuch that they're not intentionally seeking to make her angry/annoyed. They're not malicious. They're just in their own little worlds. Which is pretty realistic, I think. In some ways, Which isn't to say that it's always their fault; sometimes, Daria is her own villain.

Tom pretty much ruins the show in that he's waaaaaaaaaaay too understanding and chill with a lot of the bullshit Daria puts him through. The chemistry is barebones and there's very little meaningful interaction. Trent was a far more interesting love interest for her, because he exposes a lot more of Daria's weaknesses while also being, you know, funny?

I love the art style, though. It's clean, like a lot of today's cartoons, but lacks the tacky motion tweens, and lines have juuuust enough texture that they're not totally lifeless.

Was bummed that so much of the licensed music was cut from the DVD release. I understand why they did it, so I'm not mad or anything, just wish we could have that original cut preserved, is all.

Love Jane. Fun design, fun voice, sucker for artsy types.
>>
>>85554579
Does she do it manually with her hands or does she uses a milking machine?
>>
>>85554505

I want to fuck her until she cannot help herself but break her stoic bad/ bored mood and show signs of pleasure. Reverse mindbreak so to speak.
>>
>>85556398
>Was bummed that so much of the licensed music was cut from the DVD release. I understand why they did it, so I'm not mad or anything, just wish we could have that original cut preserved, is all.
there are frankenstein'd versions of most of the episodes up on a few torrent sites that staple the original audio onto the DVD quality video. they aren't perfect but they're a nice alternative.
>>
File: S&M_daria[1].jpg (56KB, 653x391px) Image search: [Google]
S&M_daria[1].jpg
56KB, 653x391px
uhhh huhuh i like diarrhea
>>
>>85557321
>daria will never dominate you
>>
>>85554591
I want to marry Jane!
>>
File: daria.png (2MB, 8192x5927px) Image search: [Google]
daria.png
2MB, 8192x5927px
A smiling Daria is a cute Daria.
>>
>>85554505
I want to nibble her clit gently for hours
>>
>>85554554
Who?
>>
>>85555626
She never gave Brittany any burns she would actually understand
In fact Daria was never actually mean to anyone who was paying any attention to her. Because paying attention involves actual genuine interest, and those people she always gave the time of day to
Granted her responses to their questions about how she was feeling was 'pretty shitty actually'. but they asked.
>>
>>85554505
mein wafu
>>
>>85555626
That just makes me like Daria more
>>
>>85561805
high five bro. top quality taste.
>>
>>85555826
That would probably be one of my criticisms of the show coming from someone who likes it, the whole cynical "life and society are dumb and suck" just sounds gay coming from, primarily, a bunch of clearly well to do white people. Daria is so sheltered its hard to take her too seriously.
>>
File: fun-156.jpg (146KB, 1200x234px) Image search: [Google]
fun-156.jpg
146KB, 1200x234px
I agree with Dorkin...
>>
Is it college yet?
>>
Daria or Jane?
http://www.strawpoll.me/11017371
>>
>>85562260
Don't bully Daria.
>>
>>85562290

>No Stacy

Shit poll t b h lad
>>
>>85562096
Well the thing is, this is before that message was just a bunch of poor people whining in jealousy at the faceless rich, this is more like... hippie parents sell out but genuinely work hard to provide for their kids, one of whom becomes a spoiled selfish brat, the other seeing all the hollowness in materialism. Daria is sheltered but she's significantly less so than anyone else in lawndale. She's the one reminding all those well-to-do people that there's more real shit in the world outside their front door, and she knows it personally because she used to live on Beavis and Butt-head
When you move up in the world and realize people are still shit, it opens your eyes a little. everyone becomes a LITTLE cynical at that stage.
>>
Although honestly as a kid I never picked up on the fact that Lawndale was relatively rich. It felt very small-towny to me, compared to the more halfway-urban suburbs I was used to living in. what with the obsession with sports, disdain for education, and the generally safe feel of the neighborhoods. There's kind of a weird horseshoe there
>>
>>85562096
Like in that episode where Jodie points out that the only reason Daria can afford to be so self-righteous is that she's white?
>>
>>85563064
in which, in turn, she realizes that Daria was right to call her out on her "equality when it serves me" act
But then she turns around and shows Daria did something kinda similar, using whatever she had in her arsenal to get ahead. Funny thing is they were both just being pushed into succeeding by their parents, one super concerned with her image, the other not at all.
>>
Jane is a cuck.
>>
>>85554505
Anybody knows the behind the scenes reason why B&B never make a cameo or for that matter why Daria didn't showed up on the 2011 B&B season?
>>
>>85565156
I actually looked this up the other week, from Wiki

No other characters from Beavis and Butt-Head made an appearance on Daria. Glenn Eichler, in an interview conducted after the series' run, explained:

B&B were very strong characters, with a very specific type of humor and very loyal fans, and of course they were instantly identifiable. I felt that referencing them in Daria, while we were trying to establish the new characters and the different type of humor, ran the risk of setting up false expectations and disappointment in the viewers - which could lead to a negative reaction to the new show and its different tone. So we steered clear of B&B in the early going, and once the new show was established, there was really no need to harken back to the old one.[12]

The series' only direct reference to the characters of Beavis and Butt-Head was made in a promotional spot for the first episode. Daria states, in voice-over: "After leaving Highland, and those two, we moved to Lawndale."
>>
>>85561604
In BoJack Horseman there's a character named Diane that gets called out for being "asian Daria"
>>
>>85565331
oh wow, i DO need to watch that show. I just had it reccommended to me by a dariaesque girl i know
>>
>>85565459
I'm in the second season now, it's only gotten better so far (not to say the earliest episodes aren't good).
>>
I was too young for the show when it first came out but I did enjoy the episodes I did check out when I was a bit older.
>>
>>
File: 1456859567766.jpg (59KB, 506x482px) Image search: [Google]
1456859567766.jpg
59KB, 506x482px
>>85562260
>>
>>85554505
When the boyfriend guy gets introduced the whole show just stagnates. He seems more like an adult that has his life together rather than a high school kid and it is so annoying.
>>
>>85567560
daria is one of those too though
point is she's never had any experience dealing with another adult, and immediately just goes by what she sees others doing.. because she actually likes him enough to try. big mistake. never try. trying is fake.
>>
>>85554505
I like her. She's pretty.
>>
>>85560266
Hey wait a sec something doesn't seem quite right.
>>
>>85554581
That suits them way too much.
>>
File: vbbvgjhj.jpg (169KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vbbvgjhj.jpg
169KB, 1280x720px
>>85565331
The show itself also references the parallels in season 3.
>>
>>85557321
B&B Daria is legitimately odd looking and geeky.
>>
>>85570364
This
>>
Daria is definitely Waifu material. She fulfills a sort of adolescent fantasy of mine, a jaded older girl using big words and sitting around watching the same TV I would. I like the show.
>>
>>85554505
I recently picked up a download of the Daria Restoration Project and I'm about two episodes from the end of the first season. It seems pretty good so far, nothing amazing but pretty enjoyable.
>>
diarrhea cha cha cha
>>
>>85554505
Pretentious.
>>
>>85566172
>not to say the earliest episodes aren't good
No, it'd be okay to say that. The first couple episodes really are not that good.
>>
>>85577880
I agree, it starts kinda slow, but holy shit does it pick up, and bomb after bomb starts dropping at a reasonable pace.
>>
>>85556398

I think you're being overly harsh for season 1, though I'll admit there were some slow ones.

I think Tom was brought in to explore different aspects of Daria's character. They'd already gone through about as much as they could reasonably do in the prior three/four seasons. They were at risk of repeating themselves and getting stale. Remember this was the 90s where running a cartoon into the dry-dead-ground was the norm, thanks for Spongebrick and Simpsons.

I do agree Tom is boring, but he kinda fits with the style of the show with everyone being wrapped up in their own little world.

And yeah, Trent would have been interesting for sure. I'd like to see them go back and do another season right in the middle of the show, of more random fun adventures. Don't need any prequels or sequels. (So, a mid-quel I guess? Is that a thing?)

Yeah, Jane was great. Much as I like Daria, I'd probably date Jane. She's more open about her interests and feelings, but lots of fun too. I'd have great conversations with Daria, but the romance would be... difficult.
>>
>>85556608
Write it. Or Draw it. I'd love to see this.

Actually I'd love to see anything with Daria, Jane, Quinn or Brittany. I mean, I'd hate fuck Sandi, but otherwise she's annoying.

>>85555626
Can you give specific examples of that? Daria was sometimes indifferent but usually when there were others around to take care of the problem.

>>85562096
The theme of the show was hyperbolizing each arc-type character. Kevin is the Jock, Mr. O'Neil is the happy-hippy-teacher, Ms. Bartch is the angry bitch teacher, Mr. DeMartino is angry male teacher, Ms. Angela Lee is the status-obsessed Asian, Brittany is the arc-type cheerleader, Jodie and Mac are the token blacks (which I think they even themselves mention a few times), etc. The show is full of these hyperbolized characters in order to watch them interact and collide with one another.

I don't think the show's message was about how society sucks in any way. Quite the opposite really: Daria and Jane and Quinn (even Helen and Jake) all make their own problems. They have their reasons and motivations but it's still true. The show is about each of them learning to overcome them. I think the moral of the show, if there is a giant one, is that life isn't so bad and it's what you make of it. Daria even says as much in her final episode speech.
>>
>>85554581
I assume you mean Meg from Family Guy? Or am I missing something? If you're saying that, then I'd disagree. Meg is a punching bag for her show. Daria never had it nearly that bad.

Actually Daria tended to either break even or come out slightly ahead in most episodes.

But that image is a good one. Works.

>>85573403
>>85570364
>>85554505
Yeah, she's pretty in her own way.

>>85573934
Keep watching. I feel the show hits its best stride in mid-season 2 and keeps that until season 4 or something. Even then it's still enjoyable, but the show is moving towards some character development at the point.
>>
Would fuck.

Would draw horrible fetish art on.
>>
Daria as a character is a shit.

I still can't believe they expected us to believe Daria and Jane could maintain any sort of relationship after what Daria did.
>>
>>85556398
The show in its with the original music spliced in has been preserved on myspleen. A copy of the series finale movie, uncut, even popped up recently. The uncut version of Is it College Yet aired only once, when it first premiered, and the DVD version of the movie is also the cut version.
>>
were Daria and Quinn lesbians?
>>
>>85584867
No, they were sisters. I don't know why you'd post a pic of Daria and Jane to ask that, though.
>>
>>85555784
Is it any point?
>>
>>85582679
>uncut

what's the difference?
>>
>>85582679
man it's been awhile since i've seen that. does myspleen have open reg anytime soon so i can grab that?
>>
>>85584867
Jane had a chance to experiment but refused because she's comfortable and confident in her sexuality. Daria is straight too but I don't recall she's ever been tested. They are young though so by the time they are in their mid 20s who knows? Jane seems like she would definitely fuck around once she started getting into psychedelics and hanging out with more degenerate arty farty types.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.