[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman's behavior in SS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 5

File: batman and deadshot.jpg (90KB, 850x560px) Image search: [Google]
batman and deadshot.jpg
90KB, 850x560px
So I saw Suicide Squad last night and of everything that stuck out to me, for good or bad, Batman attacking Deadshot on the street. I mean he was just out shopping and, to top it off, he was with his young daughter. I don't read much Batman but from my normie perspective it seems very out of character. Is it common for Batman to just confront criminals in their day to day lives? And if so how are there any criminals left in Gotham.
What bothered me the most is that if he just rolled up on Deadshot, beat him up and had him arrested why doesn't he just do it to every fucking villain.
>>
This Batman is supposed to be much more brutal, unhinged, and generally uncaring about the lives of criminals thanks to Robin's murder.
>>
NOT

MUH

BATMAN
>>
>>85552160
Cause he doesnt know where every villain is? Jesus Christ you people are so fuckig dense. Let me spell it out for you.

BATMAN IS NOT PSYCHIC. HE DOESNT KNOW EVERY THING THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN AT EVERY SECOND. HE IS A MAN. He has no fucking idea if oh I dont know he drives his Batmobile out of a building what is on the other side of that building or the location of every villain at every second in Gotham.

He even says he doesnt want to do it in front of Deadshots daughter, and saves Harley and gives her mouth to mouth. He was very much in character with comics Batman in SS.
>>
>deadshot I don't want to do in front of your daughter what I just did in front of your daughter
>>
>>85552160
I can't honestly tell if you're trolling or just a complete idiot
>>
>>85552212
Well then they shouldn't have killed off Robin. Bad story decisions don't justify a character being shitty.
>>
>Ambushes a happy family in a dark alleyway and tears the father away from the child forever

Batman literally became Joe Chill.
>>
>>85552160
Deadshot is a Hitman on the road, random purse snatcher isn't a random purse snatcher until he randomly snatches a purse. Ya dig?
>>
>>85552212
And yet Joker and Harley are still alive despite being the ones that killed him.

Bravo Snyder.
>>
>>85552160
I heard there are tons of Batman scenes cut from the movie, he was supposed to be a very large cameo, like 10 minutes of screentime.

Is batman scary in the movie or was all cut?
>>
>>85552604
Don't bring civil war 2 shenanigans to this thread
>>
>>85552655
He actually seemed a lot friendlier which makes since since at the end of BvS he snapped out of mourning over Jason.
>>
>>85552637
And yet BvS made pretty much clear he started killing only after Zod invasion and well after his retirement as Batman.

All his villains are alive because he catched them all properly and then retired. And its only when Zod appears that he comes back as murderman.

>hurrdurr why is jokur alive

Bravo /co/ for not being able to follow a fucking capeshit flick.
>>
>>85552160
Deadshot was an incredibly dangerous killer on the loose. Batman needed to do whatever he could to get him off the streets. It's not exactly the kindest method, but catching him off guard and in front of his daughter was the best chance he had. He made it clear he didn't want to do it in front of his daughter and ideally Deadshot would have just surrendered right away without putting up a fight.

As for why he doesn't do it to all villains, obviously it's because most villains aren't just strolling around the streets and he doesn't know the location of each villain. They flat out say that they tipped Batman off about him after tracking his daughter.
>>
>>85552561
Bravo Snyder and pottery
>>
>>85552709
How did the Joker kill robin after being caught?
>>
>>85552820
Are you literally retarded?

Joker kills Robin. Joker gets caught by Batman and gets his teeth smashed by him. Batman retires. Zod appears. Batman comes back.
>>
>>85552160
>What bothered me the most is that if he just rolled up on Deadshot, beat him up and had him arrested why doesn't he just do it to every fucking villain.
He doesn't know the true identities of a lot of villians. Right before that flashback the black lady specifically mentioned giving him an anonymous tip
>>
I deeply enjoyed MoS and BvS.

How much pottery is in this movie? Or is it just a disposable flick like Thor movies?
>>
>Character named dead shot unable to shoot a target blocked by a small child
>>
>>85552869
why didn't he kill joker then?
>>
>>85552655
That's a lie.
>>
>>85552914
It has quite a few scenes that are really well made. Its easily the best of the current DCEU trilogy
>>
>>85552869
Batman never retired, senpai.
>>
>>85552980
>DC fans actually believe this
>>
>>85553011
Except its true. Say what you want of the movie as a whole, but scenes like when the villain shows everyone what they really want are actually great.
>>
>>85553011
Not all of us. I enjoyed MoS and BvS and thought Suicide Squad was a dumpster fire. Batfleck was the only good thing in the movie.
>>
>>85552487
He means he doesn't want to beat the shit out of him in front of his daughter. He wants him to surrender peacefully, like he does
>>
>>85553064
They're not, bro. Not only it's cliche, it's awfully shot and painfully bland.

Only two scenes can barely qualify as great in the movie

>Joker pulling Harley out of the tank, with the colors of their clothes fading into the chemicals

>The Enchantress hand emerging from under June Moon's at the war room

That's it.
>>
>>85552940
Because he had a no killing rule during that time and he held it up until he retired.

Zod made him understand that he just wasted his life roleplaying with furries. And that they were flies in the grand scheme of things. Thats when Batman realised all he did was a waste of time.

>>85552981
Batman retired long before the events of MoS. Its addressed on BvS
>>
>>85553159
>Batman retired long before the events of MoS. Its addressed on BvS

No, he didn't.
>>
>>85552895
>>85552759
>>85552439
>>85552604
OP again, I should have been more clear. I was referring more to organized crime and gangsters within Gotham. I don't expect him to pull this shit on his illusive, masked enemies but he could easily apprehend crime bosses and high tier gangbangers in the same manner. His detective skills and super tech should make tracking these people even easier.
>>
>>85553200
2 solutions:

1. Who says he doesn't? This is an old and experienced batman, for all we know all thats left are super villains

2. A lot of crime bosses aren't as dangerous as deadshot. Even walking on the street, deadshot could be in the middle of an assassination mission. It could potentially be dangerous to let Deadshot walk the streets even as a civilian, while most crime bosses aren't killing multiple people a day
>>
The only off thing about it was Batman taking the risk that deaddaughter might get hurt. My assumption was Deadshot was practically a ghost and this was the only time he was exposed in public. What kills the scene for me though is her crying for her dad to turn himself in just because of how poorly it was done.
>>
>>85552709
>BvS made pretty much clear he started killing only after Zod invasion

It's actually not very clear. Everybody loses their shit because he brands criminals, which sort of indirectly kills them. But nobody addresses the fact that he is always very directly murdering people, so why do they give a shit about his little bat brand ?

And why is he continuing to do this after the Martha scene ? You have this fucking beautiful scene, he becomes best bro with Supes, you think his character is progressing, then in the next scene he immediatly starts offing scumbags.
>>
Can anyone tell me why Katana was in the movie?
>>
>>85552160
Batman looked kinda derpy in Suicide squad.
>>
>>85553789
you got to represent all minorities, essay homes brotha desu.
>>
>>85552561
Deadshot is a criminal and hired assassin, he doesn't deserve any right.

Her daughter should be shot in front of him just for justice and karma.

Fucking liberals and their criminal loving minds.
>>
>>85553200
Typically, the organized crime members cover their tracks so that they can't be directly linked to their crimes. Batman can bust their heads all he wants but bringing them to the cops won't do much. That being said, there's nothing to stop him from showing up out of nowhere like he did with Deadshot and slap them around, rather than arrest them.
>>
File: Adults are talking.jpg (44KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
Adults are talking.jpg
44KB, 500x357px
>>85552709
No retard, thats the problem.

Why the fuck wouldn't he hunt down his rogues gallery if he's finally crossed that line? He'd been killing for months at this point.

I'm so sick of snyderfags acting like these movies are complex when they have the depth of a puddle and you could drive a truck through their plotholes.
>>
>>85552160
give Batman a break, he lost his throat to cancer
>>
>>85552160
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CJja0qjQIV8
>>
>>85552487

pretty much
>>
Deadshot didn't do a smooth rap. fuck this movie.
>>
>>85554783
Thats honestly one of the biggest problems with OW. Theres no reason given why Batman had become more brutal.
>>
>>85552709
>catched them
BvS fans.
>>
>>85553195
yes he did you brain dead retard
>>
>>85552981
he did you walking pile of fetuses

>>85553755
he only directly kills one person in the Martha scene, and thats when he blows up KGBeast. Its also the last person he has killed canonically in the comics, so it was just a little homage putting a pin on his killing days.
>>
>>85553755
>>85557091

I mean after the Martha scene

>>85554498
All of his villains were in jail after he un-retired you idiot. I'm tired of people thinking they have pointed out something truly mind blowing, when in fact they just are being retarded.
>>
>>85552487
>>85554922
>being this dumb
>>
>>85552160
Amanda tipped Batman off about Deadshot. I assume Batman has no inclinations on when and where he'll arrest someone. Deadshot's a criminal. A dangerous one at that. You don't just wait for them.
>And if so how are there any criminals left in Gotham.
>why doesn't he just do it to every fucking villain
He doesn't know the location of every criminal. Amanda tipped him off, so he went after him.
>What bothered me the most is that if he just rolled up on Deadshot, beat him up and had him arrested
He actually gave him the opportunity to surrender as his daughter was there. Deadshot tried to kill him and it was his daughter that stopped him from killing Batman. When Deadshot does surrender he peacefully handcuffed him so the police can come and arrest him.
>>
>>85552914
It's not as deep as BvS or MoS but it does do some pretty good world building by having DC characters progressing their own side plots outside of the main story arc.

The characters are mostly enjoyable and the plot is exceptionally poor.
>>
>>85553324
>My assumption was Deadshot was practically a ghost and this was the only time he was exposed in public
That's not an assumption. That is exactly what the case is. Deadshot is a big target for batman and the only reason he gets him is because Waller tipped him off to his immediate location.
>>
>>85552160
ehat the hell are people talking about? He's not allowed to catch a murderer while he's shopping now?

Guess next he's not allowed to hit people, or go into people's houses without permission. Not because he's a vampitella, because he's rude
>>
>>85554126
Still, he and the squad saved the world.
>>
>>85553755
>It's actually not very clear.
The interactions with Alfred do make it clear that Batman has really amped up his brutal behaviour. Think of every interaction he has with Alfred.
>which sort of indirectly kills them
Lex is killing them to set superman off
>nobody addresses the fact that he is always very directly murdering people
>And why is he continuing to do this after the Martha scene
Indefensible flaws in the movie.
>>
>>85554498
>Why the fuck wouldn't he hunt down his rogues gallery if he's finally crossed that line
Because he is hunting Superman which he believes is the only thing that matters.
>>
>>85557060
Show me the scene.
>>
>>85557091
>he only directly kills one person in the Martha scene

He kills three people beforehand.
>>
>>85558052
He's traditionally never beat some one in front of family.
>>
File: yearone.jpg (194KB, 600x948px) Image search: [Google]
yearone.jpg
194KB, 600x948px
>>85552160
His first major action as Batman was to ruin a nice dinner party that just so happened to be infested with Italian Businessmen.
To be fair Batman didn't attack him, he just swooped down and said to come in peacefully.
Waller also implied that he's impossible to get outside of daddy daughter time so Bruce just took his window and was as nice as you could be about arresting a guy.
>>
>>85558273
But that's not really implied anywhere.
>>
>>85558081
AFTER he was arrested, and only to shorten his sentence.
>>
>why does Batman kill after the Martha scene?
Gee it's almost as if h was fighting over a dozen presumably skilled mercenaries with automatic weapons with intent to murder innocent life! Chalk that up to self defense.
>>
>>85558273
>everyone was having a good time, until this fucking Bat guy showed up and started talking about eating souls or some shit, was a massive bummer
>>
>>85558273
>His first major action as Batman was to ruin a nice dinner party that just so happened to be infested with Italian Businessmen.
And he pissed himself doing it.
>>
>>85557149
Who does he kill after that scene? I can't remember what happened.
>>
>>85560770
Waller talked about his daughter. Though that could've just been purely Waller talking about leverage.
My brain might just be expelling this movie from memory.
>>
>>85552929
It's not that he couldn't, it was all about image. Deadshot is very much a family man when it comes to his daughter, and before the Batman incident, he was trying to convince her he wasn't a monster. If he shot Batman, a known do-gooder, he would have gotten away, but emotionally lost his daughter forever.
Jeez, I hope you're a troll.
>>
>>85552548
You're not necessarily supposed to like this Batman. He's not a shitty character just because you don't like him.
>>
>>85558273
> that just so happened to be infested with Italian Businessmen.
He came prepared with an Italian mustache and everything.
>>
>>85552439
He obviously chose that moment with the daughter in an alley away from other people to manipulating him to going easy.
>>
>>85552929
Or maybe he didn't want to fire a gun in the general direction of his daughter you absolute idiot. Pin-point accuracy doesn't eliminate chamber burst and noise.
>>
>>85552160
>, Batman attacking Deadshot on the street. I mean he was just out shopping

Why the fuck does that matter? Deadshot is a mass murderer who does it for money. Cornering Deadshot unprepared in an alley is probably the best time to take him
>>
>>85562175
Do you honestly think liberals know anything about guns?
>>
File: feelman begins.png (61KB, 752x643px) Image search: [Google]
feelman begins.png
61KB, 752x643px
>>85554783
>The kid trying to save his dad with the toy gun
Gets me everytime
>>
>>85554783
Can't look at these scenes with Barbera the same after BB and TKJ
>>
>>85562303
Do you think they all don't? Jesus fuck man. Eitherway, he didn't want shoot Batman in front of his daughter because then he'd be the piece of shit his wife says he is.
>>
File: 1427757287566.jpg (721KB, 1300x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1427757287566.jpg
721KB, 1300x2000px
>>85561008
I don't think anyone sees it as unjustified. Honestly I'd kill the shit out of them too. It's just not very Batman. I've never taken his no-kill rule as a moral thing, it's just how Batman prefers to operate since (A): he already works outside the law, & (B): he's slightly crazy & is still motivated by/obsessed with his parent's murder. (Pic unrelated)
>>
>>85553789
ahem

|"my bodyguard, can cut down all of you like mowing the lawn"

any other characters?
>>
>>85552212
BvS Batman just started killing when Superman showed up (as alluded to by the constant "he's much more brutal" comments by civilians and criminals alike) because he didn't want to feel lesser. After Superman proved to be a good guy, Batman chilled out and he's not as brutal anymore, just like before BvS (again, based on not-so-subtle hints). Not because of Robin's death.

>>85552160
> if he just rolled up on Deadshot, beat him up and had him arrested why doesn't he just do it to every fucking villain
He literally said in the movie that it was rare for Deadshot to be seen outside his hideout, so it's likely that all his villains hide themselves really well somehow. He tried catching Joker and Harley, but Joker got away while Harley was ditched. Pay attention
>>
>>85552709
When the fuck did he retire
>>
>>85554126
In America, everyone deserves rights. Also it's a crime to kill innocent children because of somethings g that their parents or some other third party did. If you care so much about law and order, you would t suggest committing horrible crimes. At the end of the day, you're no better tha. The so-called criminal that you claim you despise.
>>
>>85554126
>Her daughter should be shot in front of him just for justice and karma.
>Fucking liberals and their criminal loving minds.
Jesus Christ, anon.
>>
>>85557149
>All of his villains were in jail after he un-retired you idiot. I'm tired of people thinking they have pointed out something truly mind blowing, when in fact they just are being retarded.
Didn't stop him from breaking into Lex's cell, the only reason he didn't kill lex was because of superman ok, but why didn't he sneak into other people's cells and kill them too
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.