[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When people told me this was put together by a trailer house

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: suicide-squad-poster[1].jpg (153KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
suicide-squad-poster[1].jpg
153KB, 500x750px
When people told me this was put together by a trailer house I figured it must just have a few strange cuts or re-arranged scenes.

I was not fucking prepared.

The first 10 minutes shows you about half of what were clearly longer scenes all mashed together with the occasional purple filter and three different pop songs.

When there are action scenes every shot cuts nearly instantly and things are ridiculously rushed. At one point Waller calls a chopper, it arrives, she gets on, the chopper leaves, the chopper gets shot down, and she exits the downed chopper. Each of those are discrete shots which all happen in the span of about 5 seconds.

Also Joker sucked.
>>
Almost every scene in isolation is good. It's just too chopped up.
>>
>>85545388
>Almost every scene in isolation is good
Total fucking bullshit, anon. Scenes themselves clearly got chopped up and many of them might have worked in their original context but in their new placement with the new music they lose whatever significance they had.

This movie is far more of a mess than I was led to believe and I find it incredible that people's main criticisms are "not muh" and Leto's god-awful Joker instead of how technically terrible the film's editing is and how fucking weird the soundtrack is used.
>>
Most people don't know what good movie editing looks like, so it's easy to overlook such an important flaw. It's probably why some people are adamant in their defense of BvS.
>>
>>85545720
Nothing wrong with BvS's editing.
>>
>>85545750
especially when compared to this movie.
>>
>>85545750
case-in-point?

It's not as blatantly terrible as SS's editing but there's a ton of chaff in BvS (and Man of Steel for that matter) that could've been cut or moved. There's also some scenes that remain that don't make sense without what was cut.
>>
>>85545720
Funny, I liked BvS' editing, but despised Suicide Squad's.
>>
>>85545792
>ton of chaff in BvS (and Man of Steel for that matter) that could've been cut or moved. There's also some scenes that remain that don't make sense without what was cut.
stepping back from arguing and all that, no movie has air tight editing.
mos had somewonky pacing with the flashbacks,
but BvS's only outstanding issue was that the plot was not spoonfed. whether this veered into "confusing" territory is subjective, as I was not confused at all.
>>
File: abandonthread.gif (951KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
abandonthread.gif
951KB, 340x255px
>>85545854
>BvS's only outstanding issue was that the plot was not spoonfed
>>
>>85545750
I really enjoyed but BvS UC but the TC version is a ass level edit.

SS is even worse, hopefully the blu-ray can remedy this if WB stops fucking around with production.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.