[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Morrison's Batman and New52

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

Is Grant Morrison's Batman run canon to New52 continuity and by extention, Rebirth contiuity? If so, how the fuck does it add up with the timeline?
>>
Yes. John's GL is also canon.
>>
>>85545276
Then how do they work the events of Final Crisis with New52 continuity? Also, when is Morrson's run supposed to have happened? Year 3? Year 4?

They really fucked shit up with New52
>>
>>85545340

Blame Dr. Manhattan.
>>
>>85545340

Final Crisis doesn't really fit in any continuity. It stands on its own. And, in its defense, reality breaks down in it.
>>
>>85545340
>They really fucked shit up with New52

Disagree. They really fucked shit up with Rebirth.
>>
>>85546392
I, a sexy girl, want to have sex with you because of your unique opinions.
>>
>>85546367

It would have made sense for Final Crisis to directly lead into New52 with some characters retaining their past memories or at least gain a portion of them back later on.

Then again, continuity itself only lasts for about 2 decades at DC. Before the first crisis writers would just forget about stuff from way before or just use it incorrectly to their own ends.

So I think searching for any kind of causal linearity or coherence in-between reboot events or longer timespans in DC is kind of futile outside of metameta hypercrisis bullshit wanks.

Also, it's Dr. Manhattans fault.
>>
>>85546466
>Dr. Manhattans fault.

I just want to know how Grant feels about this. He can't even do anything about it because if he even just mentions Manhattan, Alan Moore would come crashing down on him full force.
>>
>>85546439

Alas. My hart is spoken for.

>>85546466
>It would have made sense for Final Crisis to directly lead into New52

A goddamn sight more sense than what actually happened, that's for sure.
>>
>>85546571

Wizard square-off!
>>
>>85545340
>Final Crisis with New52 continuity?

Thought-Armor Superman - Mandrakk battle made sure that stories never end.

This resulted into Before Watchmen, releasing Watchmen characters from Limbo. Manhattan then decided to create a new universe (Space) and took 10 years of DC post-FC (Time)
>>
>>85546750

Is that explanation official? It seems like a cool thing to do, if you like overly complicated stories with no accessibility for new readers. I like it.
>>
>>85545255
No, It doesn't even work in post crisis continuity
>>
>>85547070

It's not. It's just bordering on Hypercrisis territory.
>>
Honestly? Not really.

There are tons of stuffs like that writers later ignored.

For example the whole Spyral and Kathy Kane thing.

The writers in GRAYSON rewrote Kathy Kane entire character to make her not affiliated to the Bat-Family and a villain that served Otto Netz, fucking her entire character.
>>
>>85547070

Nah. Morrison does not expect other writers to follow his stuff. I consider his oeuvre a universe unto itself.

There's already universes for Chaykin, Kirby and Byrne - why not one for Morrison?

For that matter, why isn't one of the 52 universes for Miller?
>>
>>85546392
This is the dumbest post I've seen in a while. New 52 was an unmitigated disaster and Rebirth is New 52.0
>>
>>85548125

I disagree. I don't think the New 52 was a disaster. A lot of it wasn't very good. But some stuff certainly was, mainly around Superman and Batman.
>>
>>85545255
pre-Flashpoint GL ends with the end Johns' run, post-Flashpoint continues from it ignoring the epilogue
Batman is weirder with all those retcons and jazz, but we can safely assume that Inc. in n52 is a direct continuation of pre-Flashpoint (Dick was Batman, there was a Batman Inc. etc.), with Batman and Friends after Damian dies being the point of division
that's mostly educated headcanon though so I guess you should decide in the end
>>
>>85550183
I agree. I don't really consider Morrison's New 52 Batman to have an effect on the New 52 universe, it's still set in Pre-Flashpoint.
The only time Inc has been mentioned is Death of the Family.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.