[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Providence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: Providence11-reg-600x928.jpg (137KB, 600x928px) Image search: [Google]
Providence11-reg-600x928.jpg
137KB, 600x928px
Providence #11 just got solicited for a November release.

>For Black is his name and Black is his destiny. Everything has changed for Robert Black and perhaps for all of us. This is Providence… or is this Yuggoth? Alan Moore’s masterpiece reaches its denouement and nothing will be the same.

Regular cover shows the Lethal Chambers from the first issue and "The King in Yellow"
>>
File: Providence11-portrait-600x928.jpg (146KB, 600x928px) Image search: [Google]
Providence11-portrait-600x928.jpg
146KB, 600x928px
Portrait Cover shows Robert Black aka Robert Harrison Blake from the POV of Jonathan Russell, who committed suicide in the first issue
>>
File: Providence11-pantheon-600x928.jpg (183KB, 600x928px) Image search: [Google]
Providence11-pantheon-600x928.jpg
183KB, 600x928px
Pantheon Cover shows the King in Yellow, previously seen in the first issue's Pulp Cover
>>
File: providence11-wrap-600x464.jpg (83KB, 600x464px) Image search: [Google]
providence11-wrap-600x464.jpg
83KB, 600x464px
Dreamscape Cover shows what I believe is "Carcosa".
>>
File: Providence11-women-600x928.jpg (200KB, 600x928px) Image search: [Google]
Providence11-women-600x928.jpg
200KB, 600x928px
Women of HPL Cover shows Sonia Greene, Lovecraft's future wife.
>>
>>85544273
Denouement? As in, this is the start of the end that will happen at 12 or this is the final issue?
>>
>>85544306
Is the High Priest Not to Be Described also the King in Yellow?
>>
File: Providence11-WeirdPulp-600x916.jpg (173KB, 600x916px) Image search: [Google]
Providence11-WeirdPulp-600x916.jpg
173KB, 600x916px
Pulp Cover shows Nyarlathotep, I think.

Interesting to note that he is portrayed in yellow, the city of Carcosa, and the name "Jon".

Crack theory here is Johnny Carcosa uses Jonathan Russell somehow to become corporeal

>>85544351
See above, I think maybe.

>>85544346
12 is the finale
>>
>>85544338
>Sonia seems to be getting a bit red ;)
>>
>>85544402
I wonder if Moore plans to use her to bring Dr. Alvarez's words from the first issue full circle.

>without love we are cursed

As maybe a potential moment of hope for H.P. that we as outside observers know is also doomed
>>
>>85544338
And a Jew at that!
>>
>>85544637
Lovecraft also never filed their divorce papers, a fact that went undiscovered until after his death
>>
File: xanthous-set-well-large.jpg (108KB, 600x560px) Image search: [Google]
xanthous-set-well-large.jpg
108KB, 600x560px
>>85544306
aww yeah
>>
>>85544736
>>
Spoonhead mummy?
>>
>>85544273
>November

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME
>>
>>85547172
It's the same gap that #7 had way back when.

I think it's a mix of Burrows maybe getting more busy, maybe the journals being done, or likely the Avatar needs to pad out their releases.

Expect Act II hardcover to be solicited for December
>>
>>85547172
>>85547253
Moore tends to be tardy at the tail end of his runs. maybe some of you are too young to remember the ABC line suffered delays, but that was forgiven because Moore was writing all the damn books! damn, i miss those titles. Top Ten being one of my favorites of all time. also his League books, the first two volumes, weren't monthlies either. it's Alan Moore, though, so quality is always to be expected.
>>
>>85548388

Yeah, well, it's ok, as with many Moore titles, I will read the whole thing again before the next issue and still find new stuff.

It's just that this particular series so damned good, it really took me by surprise. I also didn't like Jacen Burrows too much before, but he's really improved as an artist. The art is really good and the relatively rigid attention to detail fits the tone perfectly.
>>
>>85548488
Honestly, while they had their cash cows in Crossed and that brood, Avatar has found something in this with real longevity if they play their cards right.

Talking on the shelf for a long time type longevity.

It's such a cut above both their usual stuff and Lovecraft fiction, which has had a few gems but they get drowned under the deluge of needless Deep One and Cthulhu wank
>>
This series is fantastic. It really got me deeper into Lovecraft. Before, it was all surface level stuff, but now I even bought I Am Providence to get a better idea of the man.
>>
>>85550460
I read that during the first hiatus.

When you get into his childhood, try and think that Lovecraft doesn't strike you as Rorshrach-esque in his view of his father.

Also Moore does seem to using a lot of Joshi's research
>>
So, I honestly would really enjoy it if the final issue featured the crackdown on a lot of the mythos activity that Black experienced. You could feature the FBI attack on Salem, the raid in Red Hook, and maybe some version of the conclusion of the Dunwich horror. It would tie Providence with Neonomicon thematically while we, as viewers, would be well aware that it would ultimately all be for nothing.
>>
>>85552124
I would think the perfect ending would be if the epilogue was Lovecraft having the dream where the tentacle pokes out of the girl from Neonomicon.

Which then leads him to wake up and quickly write down the idea for the Call of Cthulhu. Fin.
>>
>>85552796
That would work
>>
>>85544293
You know I don't think we'll get it but a Jonathan Russell PoV issue, especially one that covered after the suicide garden, would be really neat.
>>
>>85555012
In the journal entry to the last issue Robert layed out the entirety of his novel, which of course plays out like Providence.

In that lay out he mentions that the character based on Jonathan would die early on, before the journey, but that there would be some hidden mystery behind his death that would be revealed before the end.

I think that's going to be this issue's main focus.
>>
>>85555059
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.