[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Moon_Knight_1_Cover.jpg (79KB, 630x956px) Image search: [Google]
Moon_Knight_1_Cover.jpg
79KB, 630x956px
What was the point of this?
>>
>>85529706
To familiarize fans with the character before Disney gives the green light for live adaptation.
>>
>>85529706
To make money?
>>
>>85529706

The first arc isn't even over.
>>
File: giblethead.png (34KB, 860x693px) Image search: [Google]
giblethead.png
34KB, 860x693px
Is this any good? The only Moon Knight I've read is Warren Ellis' run.

I usually like Lemire, but his Marvel stuff has never really grabbed me. And will Stokoe do more work for this series?
>>
>>85529706
To showcase Smallwood
>>
>>85529909
I would absolutely recommend it
>>
>>85529706
Art.
>>
I like it a lot. Lemire's best when he's writing single characters and the art is fantastic. One of the few books I still pick up from Marvel.
>>
>>85529706
to be entertaining

were you not entertained?
>>
>>85529909
No, it's shit.
>>
>>85530033
>>85531269
I'm getting mixed signals here.
>>
>>85530613
No in fact I was quite disappointed.
>>
>>85529908
Well it is, but it's part of a longer overarching plot.
>>
>>85531406
I found it to be great artwork, mediocre writing. It relies a little too heavily on the "it's all in his head, he's crazy... or is he?!" every fucking issue.
>>
>>85529706
The first issue was really promising, it made me expect that it would play out like a psychological thriller and would end with Marc finally reuniting with his old supporting cast. But nope, they all either die or just fuck off somewhere, and now we have to struggle through more "is it real or is he insane" shenanigans.

I don't know who allowed Lemire to write this, when the last run left so much potential plotlines. There's a new Black Spectre, there's a shady organization that's holding all of Marc's money and his mansion full of Egyptian artifacts, and there are more followers of Khonshu then just Moon Knight who are all evil. But instead we get the most generic story possibly for a character whose most popular trait (besides being "Marvel's Batman") is that he's "so crazy".
>>
It's painfully obvious this was written with netflix in mind.
>>
>>85529909
Peggy, the penis punisher
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.