[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tom King's unpublished #BlackLivesMatter issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 17

File: tom king.jpg (74KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tom king.jpg
74KB, 640x640px
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/15/the-blacklivesmatter-superman-comic-that-dc-hasnt-published-yet-by-tom-king-and-trevor-von-eeden/

What do you guys think about this? Should they publish it?
>>
>>85508386
Is the turn happening now?
>>
>>85508386
wtf /co/ hates Tom King now
>>
No, it's pretty distasteful. Keep that stuff out of comics, no need to politicize everything.
>>
>>85508403
Oh yes, just wait for Batman and Vision people will shitpost at first but then theyll believe the shitpost
>>
File: s8-e1471280667101-600x512.png (635KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
s8-e1471280667101-600x512.png
635KB, 600x512px
I wanna read it

>PANEL 2: We’re in the POV of the police. Night. Large protest outside a hospital in Suicide Slums. Crowd is largely black. Holding signs and shouting at the camera.

>CAPTION: “A 4-7 permit was not filed with MTA as is required under M.C.O. 1.54.”

>PROTEST SIGN: How much is a black life worth?

>PROTEST SIGN: Who shot Black Lighting!?

>PROTEST SIGN: When are you going to kill Aquaman?

>PROTEST SIGN: Who shot Black Lightning!?!

>PROTEST SIGN: Where’s justice now? Where’s the Justice League now?
>>
>>85508386
>trevor-von-eeden/

The one who married Millar's ex?
>>
Why is DC so problematic
>>
>>85508497
>>Protest Sign: When are you going to kill Aquaman?
Toppest of keks.
Release this now.
>>
>>85508386
I dont like comic book storys that deal with these political issues with a character getting hurt or dying. And this happens alot. Cant we just see the reaction or the character getting sucked into the issue due to the elevated status of being a hero.
>>
>>85508386
>What do you guys think about this? Should they publish it?

BLM was started by the CIA confirmed.

Look i like King's comics but a guy that was willing to kill innocents and children and joined the non-jewish organization that has been responsable of more murders after the 50's cant wash the blood on his hands with Ink. Chances are he is stil CIA just like Anderson
>>
So wait did Black Lightning actually get shot?
But I guess I'd be a hypocrite if I said not to publish it because I think it'd be stupid or disagree with the views.
Publish it.
>>
File: Black Lightning.jpg (92KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Black Lightning.jpg
92KB, 400x600px
>>85508386
>BLM issue
>Black Lightning shot.
Oh! I get it! Black Lightning Matters! Based King.
>>
I don't really care if it gets published or not but I'm hoping this could give them reason to get rid of Berganza. Pretty rude to just not reply to the guy but not surprising given how incompetent he is.
>>
>this will finally get /co/ to turn on king
feels good man. dont even care about blm, just hate kingfags almost as much as morrison fags
>>
File: 123246771.jpg (104KB, 592x584px) Image search: [Google]
123246771.jpg
104KB, 592x584px
>>85508386
I really don't see how they'll be racial tensions in the DC's America as thick as there are in real life. It's as ridiculous as saying 9/11 happened when there's Superman, Wonder Woman, Dr. Fate, and the dozens of other heroes that could easily have stopped the attacks. Same with the Suicide Squad taking on ISIS. It just seems so out-of-place. Like, there's thousands of superheroes around the globe, and you're telling me none of them could've done anything to stop terrorist attacks and cop shootings? Just in DC's America, there's like, what, at least three hundred different superheroes?
>>
They should, seems interesting enough
>>
Will Superman start demanding reparations for ever slight to space aliens in history, no matter how slight?
>>
>>85508802
Suicide Squad taking on smaller stuff like ISIS has been what they were from the start though. That does make sense.
>>
>>85508798
this post is bait
>>
>>85508802
9/11 did happen in current dc which makes sense because most heroes have only been around 10 years at most
>>
>>85508901
nope just think both king and morrison are highly overrated. but I have at least enjoyed some morrison
>>
>>85508864
I just remembered, the ISIS expy that the Suicide Squad fought were members of the League of Assassins that deserted and formed their own group. Forgot about that when I wrote my post, so... ignore that. Still, the part about 9/11 and the cop shootings still stand. I know in the Nu52, Superman, Wonder Woman, and the other "main" heroes didn't appear until after 9/11 happened, but the older generation still could've done something about it.
>>
>>85508942
>but the older generation still could've done something about it.
what older generation?
>>
>>85508386
But BLM is a terrorist group? Why make an issue about them?
>>
>>85509011
because king has to drag everything back to fighting terrorists. and only muslims can be terrorists
>>
Welp that's all folks.

/co/ had a good run but there's no way the /tv/ takeover is preventable now.
>>
>>85508942
There was no older generation. Even in Rebirth the JSA types will be out of commission due to genie shenanigans.
>>
>>85509060

Explain.
>>
>>85508963
>>85509079
Wait, so, there was literally no superheroes before Superman showed up? I just looked it up and JSA don't even exist anymore. I mean, I knew about the Earth-2 version of them, but I thought they'd still be a version of them on the main world.

Does that mean Max Mercury doesn't exist anymore, since he's an old superhero? Jeez. Maybe I should read more comics before posting opinions.
>>
Will never get published now that BLM people are shotting white protestors in Milwaukee
>>
>>85509216
the jsa existed apprently but johnny thunder made them disappear and everyone forget about them when mccarthy told them to take off their masks now. there was like frankenstein, and stormwatch and that was it before batman that people remembered
>>
>>85509112

Mods are not up to the task of handling the week on /co/ after a King penned BLM themes comic drops.

Off topic cross site shit posting will be out of control and it will be the event that /co/ never recovers from. The announcement of a black lead in Star Wars TFA was that moment for /tv/ and this will be the moment for /co/.
>>
>>85508931
Your mom's asshole was highly overrated.
>>
>>85509299
probably desu but I don't see 10 threads talking about how my mom's asshole is the greatest asshole in the world
>>
>>85509216
>Maybe I should read more comics before posting opinions.
If only 99% of this board thought like you.
>>
>>85508692
Will Black Lightning ever not be just a "relevant black people" superhero?
>>
>>85509373
I still think it's dumb how there could be cop shootings in the DC world. Reading the article, the issue would also mention the shooting of Michael Brown and the Ferguson Riots, and all that's making me think is: is there seriously no hero who attempted to diffuse the racial tensions?
>>
>>85509463
I feel like he could be if DC would ever just treat him with a modicum of respect.

I mean, fuck, why isn't HE the new, black member of the Justice League? Electrical powers are actually even more useful than advanced cybernetics, and BL probably has a higher ceiling of raw power than Cyborg. Also, unlike Cyborg, Black Lightning is definitively an adult, so we don't have Cyborg's weird limbo where he's simultaneously a part of the League and the Teen Titans.

It could totally have worked.
>>
>>85509540
Don't forget how much more notable BL is compared to Cyborg.

Nobody even knows who Vic is.
>>
>>85508802
no one lives in New York in DC
>>
>>85509540
He wasnt on a cartoon Johns liked
>>
>>85509537
Criminals die all the time in comics, why would they stop the cops from killing one?
>>
>>85509540
or they could have used Vixen and not had WW be the token girl
>>
I think white men should stop trying to act as a voice for BLM.
>>
>>85509642

Do you honestly believe they'd kick out a member of the Trinity to have fucking Vixen?
>>
>>85509712
Pretty sure the idea was WW and Vixen, so WW doesn't come off as the token girl.
>>
>>85509712
he means to have 2 girls instead of one so wondy won't be the only passed around
>>
>>85509642
that would cheapen WW as the only female in the group

Truth to be told outside of Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman the others are just there to make numbers. That's why it doesn't really matter which GL is there and which Flash is there.

Oh yeah, I guess Aquaman is supposed to be there too.
>>
>>85509797
>that would cheapen WW as the only female in the group
What the hell does that matter? Since when is "only female in the group" any kind of worthwhile qualifier that needs to be protected?
>>
>>85509739
>>85509755

Ah, my bad.
>>
File: PowerLines_01-1.png (216KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
PowerLines_01-1.png
216KB, 585x900px
>>85509658
Why? From what I've seen no white guys are actual spokesmen....atleast not white guys who cop to being white.
If some white guy wants to make a shitty Black Lives Matter story with Superheroes why shouldn't he be able to? Why should black writers be the only one to make bad stories with a MESSAGE!
>>
>>85509880
You're talking to /tv/.
>>
>>85509880
because it make her more unique?
as the only female that can play with the big boys like Superman?
if any random could enter into the main roster it would be pointless, that's why they have B-teams and random guests
>>
It'll be a stupid, tacky, distasteful joke like Spidey and His Amazing Friends Mourns 9/11. Tom King is still the best tho.
>>
>>85510063
I don't think you understand WW or the JL at all, stop posting
>>
>>85510277
why? because you have nothing worthwile to say? follow your own advise and shut up
>>
>>85510379
Your post is just complete nonsense. Why should she need her gender to make her unique? Why do you think she's the only female hero that is Superman-tier? Why do you think "any random" CAN'T enter the main roster? Nothing you're thinking could be based in knowledge.
>>
>Tom King proven to be a hack time and time again
>/co/ still sucks his dick
>>
>>85510232
>Clean up the black community
Wow man, what a good idea, I bet nobody thought about that shit.
>>
>>85510576

This is why I REALLY would love for Marvel to introduce a new Punisher and have him just be a black guy who's fed up with all the violence in the hood and take the fight to the streets. It makes perfect sense when you consider that Frank Castle was an Italian-American who went to war primarily against the Italian Mafia- It's like poetry, it rhymes.
>>
>>85510536
Didn't the KKK's big revival come from the Red Scare? Also they didn't just target black people, although they were in the top 3, but Commies, Jews, and Catholics?
>>
>>85508386
So is the new Robin kid getting killed off finally?
>>
>>85509540
They won't use Black Lightning because his rights are partially owned by Tony Isabella. WB would never build their big billion dollar franchise off of a character they didn't entirely own.

>>85509575
Yeah, except he's a main character in the most popular current show on Cartoon Network.

>>85509635
Black Vulcan was, and they're essentially the same character. Like I said above, DC doesn't entirely own Black Lightning, which is why they made a copycat character to use on the TV show.

>>85509642
>WW
>token girl
Thanks for demonstrating that you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>85510660
I'd imagine the revival probably had more to do with desegregation.
But I'd only imagine that, I have no real evidence.
>>85510648
Punisher really needs to franchise.
You can have Hood Punisher who ironically takes on black on black crime.
Ooh what about a whole Autodefensa group for the Mexican Punisher. Just a whole town that was so fucked by a cartel they all went Frank mode and just became a roaming army, demolishing Cartelis wherever they encountered them.
>>
>>85510875
Is-is there a reason you know so much about the KKK
>>
>>85508386
To be fair, Berganza has had his own troubles to deal with.
>>
>>85510951
Could have at least delegated things to be handled by someone else though instead of leaving a creator hanging like this. It's unprofessional.
>>
>>85508802

How do superheroes being around somehow negate random cop shootings and racial profiling? That is some weird ass political dissonance.
>>
>>85511026
Funny thing is that I'm sure he reasoned beyond other small things like homelessness and such in a superhero universe but somehow this is a thing that bothers him.

Though I get not wanting ripped from the headlines stuff because it usually cheapens actual tragedy and just feels like someone trying to make money off emotional manipulation rather than doing anything insightful.
>>
>>85510910
I wonder if they went into Texas to get their arms and armor.

God...

I can even imagine the hick redneck gunstore owner asking what they need this much firepower for and when told they're going to war with the cartels lets them have all the ammo they want...
>>
>>85511150
I'm sure it's probably not like they all went up in mass.
I'm sure they have their procedures down there to get their hands on shit, hell I wonder if they got their stuff from the same guy who equipped the Cartel who was terrorizing them.
>>
>>85511026
Not saying it completely negates it, but what I meant was how are the tensions in DC's America as bad as in real life? Like, obviously DC's world is completely different from ours, but I don't mean the fact that they have superheroes. We know that in the DC world, there's advanced technology, there's aliens, there's Amazons, so it would be odd that something like the Michael Brown shooting and the Ferguson Riots happened exactly the same in the comics. Like, there's no difference between the two -- it's even the same victim and the same town. Couple that with the fact that the world has almost ended at least four times, you would think the problems with race would be less severe as they are in real life.
>>
>>85511309

Even in fiction, blacks still have victim complexes.
>>
>>85508386
I suddenly want to see Superman declare that black people need their own separate security spaces to be protected from inherent white racism in society. Separate...but equal.
>>
>>85511393
Why don't you just put all the black people on a farm, Clark?
>>
>>85511309

Just like racism, religious discrimination and general mistreatment of men died after the second World War? Or how all that technology and alien beings has made poverty and injustice disappear? Nigga please.
>>
>>85511309
What you're saying doesn't really make much sense. Nothing about the DCU would make it not happen. The only difference might be that it probably wouldn't make the headlines over the sci-fi/magic events.
>>
>>85509900

Because people are retarded.

It's like how people are trying to get Huckleberry Finn banned (again), but this time they're trying to ban it because it's apparently racist. Despite the fact that if anyone reads Huckleberry Finn it's CLEAR AS FUCKING DAY that the story is about how racism is retarded.
>>
>>85510916

It's a long and sordid and sometimes funny story that I may tell in full a few years from now, but the TL;DR is that I used to be involved in the alt-right and the topic of the KKK comes up every now and again. Believe it or not, Moon Man's popularity actually spurred a revival of interest in the Klan.
>>
File: 1469139090294.png (8KB, 191x234px)
1469139090294.png
8KB, 191x234px
>>85511420
>In Kansas no less
>>
>>85508386
I hope it never sees the light of day. Also this >>85508437
>>
>>85511967
>Believe it or not, Moon Man's popularity actually spurred a revival of interest in the Klan.

... Please tell me you're not talking about the Mac Tonight meme.

And here I thought /pol/ didn't exist outside of 4chan. Lord have mercy on us all.
>>
>>85511423
>>85511445
No, dude has a point. Stories like these (and superhero stories in general) tend to ignore the kind of paradigm shift regular exposure to aliens and other sci-fi shenanigans should bring about.

I'm not saying it'd bring about world peace overnight, but you'd think the "us vs them" mentality would shift when we have more than "those guys from the bad side of town" to worry about.
>>
>>85512350

That would assume people actually regularly thought about that shit in a meaningful way, which we all know doesn't happen in real life.
>>
>>85512332
Are you okay, anon? You may want to see a doctor about that motor-function or speech damage you appear to have suffered.
>>
>>85510232
You can't fix the black community, or really any poor community, but in America it's usually specifically black ones that are targeted, because it's too profitable to not have them as an underclass. Easily exploitable people are a must to make money easily and because of slavery and the fallout right up til about the sixties black people were the easiest people to exploit around since it was either completely legal or at least unpunished to fuck around with them. Couple that with ignorant racism and classism, which often got coupled together in people's mind as black people were considered the 'underclass' despite any actual financial situation the person was in, and you get the general populace to harass the underclass and keep them from organizing to fuck up the revenue flow.
People know it's easier to make money off thousands of people with a little money than one person with a lot of money. It's also safer as you don't put all your eggs in one basket and the poor people won't have the capital to fight you legally like a rich person could.
You can't 'fix the community' because it's not broken. It's working exactly as intended to make the most money, as steered by generations of racism, laziness, and greed
>>
>>85508386
>black people read comics
I want this meme to die already
>>
>>85512730

They don't, but they read the headlines they produce, and pleasing the blacks is great publicity.
>>
>>85512730
>>85512757
>black people don't read comics
I want this meme to die already
>>
>>85509463
>relevent
>>
>>85508386
it seem really interesting story they should publish it when was the last time we got clark really telling a story from a reporters prospective

>>85512757
lots of black people read comics
>>
>>85510648
That's racist
>>
File: all-negro-comics-1-1947-2.jpg (769KB, 1521x2291px) Image search: [Google]
all-negro-comics-1-1947-2.jpg
769KB, 1521x2291px
>>85512841
>lots of black people read comics
>>
>>85512841
buy though?
>>
>>85512945
They're looting all the comic book stores in Milwaukee right now
>>
File: Batman - Okaaaay.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Okaaaay.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>85513184

You completely missed his point you lazy jerk off.

And yeah, you spend a couple of centuries in slavery and a couple more being exploited and see how your "race" feels.
>>
>>85513262

Why did you put "race" in quotation marks? What are you implying by that, exactly?
>>
>>85513262
But I'm jewish
>>
>>85513293

Because scientifically race is a meaningless term.

Also if someone's white they'll say "I'm not white I'm Irish/Polish/1/16th Cherokee/>>85513300 "
>>
Yeah that art looks really good I'd love to read it
>>
>>85513319
That must be why poor white neighborhoods are just as violent as poor black neighborhoods
>>
File: 1469882232486.jpg (26KB, 433x380px) Image search: [Google]
1469882232486.jpg
26KB, 433x380px
>>85513319

What the hell are you even talking about? Why are you talking about nationalities?

Also race is not meaningless. Neither scientifically nor socially.
>>
>>85513426
Are you an anthropologist? Because most anthropologists do not consider 'race' to be a scientifically useful term
>>
>>85513407
you need to get out of the basment more
>>
>>85513426
>Neither scientifically
Race has largely been disqualified as any thing of real worth in human biology. The best people can go for skeletons is "your recent ancestors were European, African, or Asian." For the entire human race. The problem with race has always been the belief that there's a few phenotypes that are fundamentally connected. But as soon as people start mixing, that's proven false. That half-white/half-black people were ever considered still black shows the problems there. There are phenotypes, medical tendencies, markers, and so on that are commonly found in a group of people that have more common ancestors between them than others groups, this much is true. There are trends with in these populations that can vastly narrow down who a person is closely related too if you have access to that knowledge. But these traits are no more fundamentally linked than the sounds in a language. They are the result of history, not fundamental biology. And all of this is ignoring the cultural aspects of race that people tie to the phenotypes commonly associated with a race.

>nor socially
Not wrong here though. Race may have no real scientific basis, but the perception of it in societies is still very important. You can't dismiss how people treat and act upon race when considering social problems and relationships.
>>
>it's okay when DC does it

Fuck it, I'm a DCfag but I don't give a fuck about BLM. Don't put your political shit in comics.
There is enough of that everywhere else, everything is fucking politics now
>>
>>85513498
You need to take off the blinders
>>
>>85508386

No, they should wait till the next cop assassination. Needs to be one in which only white cops get shot though.
>>
>>85513557
>There is enough of that everywhere else, everything is fucking politics now

Oh poor baby, are realities of life finally starting to harsh your mellow?
>>
>>85513636
Realities of life like black lives matter is fucking stupid? Pic related is their newest poster boy.
>>
>>85513520
>>85513445

>They are the result of history, not fundamental biology.

Yeah, no shit? What are you arguing, that there's no difference between an east-Asian and an African? There are literal biological differences between the two. Humans change over time based on a lot of things like geography and culture, and you can see the differences of the two races even by just looking at them. There's not point saying race is meaningless until they're all homogenized. The prevalence of certain things like phenotypes is the entire reason the concept of race exists in the first place, just because you can't completely judge a person by their skin color doesn't mean race isn't a very real thing.

It'd be like saying there are no subspecies of dogs, it's a ludicrous point to try and take a stand.
>>
I've been saying this man was a hack ever since he was getting known. The only decent thing he has written so far has been Omega Men. Literally everything else is garbage and yes I've read it all. As far as his DC/Marvel shit goes. I don't know if he has anything else. So sick of hacks like Snyder and King hiding their at best mediocre writing behind #topical superficial shit. Not to mention Kingfags have been getting uppity like Morrisonfags. As if the man shits gold. The whole ordeal is a bore and frankly it's a huge embarrassment to everyone involved.
>>
>>85509900

The production value of that comic is troubling. That doesn't even seem like a real comic. I have no problem with the comic having an agenda, but at least deliver that agenda professionally.
>>
>>85513636
>everything should be about politics because that's what reality is

Yeah, I'm sure of it, tough boy
>>
>>85513733

Crying about how funny books should be a safe spaces away from politics is hilarious, though.
>>
>>85513666
Like I'd listen to Satan, nice try prince of lies! Trips will always reveal you!
>>
>>85513697
Okay, just as an example, who would you put forward as a good comic book writer?
>>
>>85513759
Why would I give a shit about the political ideas of some writer.
Why would he forces that in the book in the first place ? Thta's pretty common sense, I'm not gonna watch a movie or a cartoon about fucking BLM-shit
>>
>>85512642

On average they just drag everyone down, only a very small section of the most sociopathic people in society are served by making blacks be useless and destructive.
>>
>>85513759
Thats what people say, but I think thats not what they actually mean. I think what they mean is that they don't like politics surgically removed from real life ripped out of its context and placed into a world that is very different than ours. People don't like obvious politics and writers beating you over the head with them
>>
>>85513767
Based Ewing
>>
>>85508386
BLM are designed to shatter American race relations. That was what these useful idiots were organized for
>>
>>85509900
>>> hero
>>> vandalism and wears pants like a retard
>>
BLM protestors were literally hunting white people in Milawaukee this week.

No.

No they shouldn't.
>>
>>85513803
Ahhh, a Marveldrone. Alright, I suppose that goes part of the way to explain whats stuck in your craw
>>
>>85513767
Alan Moore is literally the only one left. Everyone else, much like you, belongs in the >>>/trash/
>>
>>85513884
I'd rather be trash then cancer.
>>
>>85513772
You're fucking dumb.
Movies are filled with political themes.
>>
>>85508497

>PROTEST SIGN: When are you going to kill Aquaman?

I bet Black Manta was the one holding up that sign.
>>
>>85513666
Nah man you just don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
Again, you're not an anthropologist or biologist and neither am I. But I'm pretty sure they don't use the word 'race' because it implies clearly defined boundaries where none exist. Obviously people start to change based on where they live and who they're breeding with but the concept is more complicated than that, apparently. I'm sure the same is actually true of dogs but I'm not a fucking expert on dogs.
>>
>>85513910
It wasn't even meant to be sarcastic. He just really wants to know when they're gonna kill Aquaman.
>>
>>85513787

I dunno, Law and Order has made its bread and butter on that recipe for over twenty years.
>>
>>85513943
Law and Order is different. They're trying to emulate the ripped straight from today's headlines, and sometimes it works because it takes place in the real world.
>>
>>85512467
People don't regularly think about the massive alien invasion that happen in real life?
>>
>>85513983

Only at Texas.
>>
File: glenn.png (162KB, 492x974px)
glenn.png
162KB, 492x974px
Glenn Beck turned into a liberal cuck! What do you think of this?
>>
>>85512350
>but you'd think the "us vs them" mentality would shift when we have more than "those guys from the bad side of town" to worry about
Despite that seeming logical, it's actually pretty much never been true. The communist and anti-revolutionary forces in China continued to try and fuck each other over while still fighting Japan. The Soviet Union was nearly constantly fucking over its own states, that is to say Russia was nearly constantly fucking over the other states in the USSR, even while trying to unite them against the West. It's even been used purposefully. The whole Rwandan thing came about because Belgium colonialism pitted the Tutsi and Hutu against each other for control.

Even on a smaller scale, you can slice up the US a lot of ways and still see seams in supposedly similar enough blocks. Poor people still fuck each other over on race. Black people still fuck each other over class. Rich people still fucking each other over while both being white. People don't think globally, they think locally. And there's always another group locally who you need to fuck over for your own benefit.
>>
>>85508802
Superheroes don't magically appear next to every single crime ever happening.
>>
>>85508503
Did they really marry? He was Lynn Varley's previous boyfriend, before she met Miller.
>>
I'm not white and I've recently noticed that my white friends are legitimately afraid that some sort of race war is about to break out.
It's pretty funny
>>
>>85514113
They shouldn't be, whites would easily win a race war
>>
File: 1460642552693.png (251KB, 647x517px) Image search: [Google]
1460642552693.png
251KB, 647x517px
>>85514113
>I'm not white

Sucks to be you.
>>
>>85508802
>Same with the Suicide Squad taking on ISIS. It just seems so out-of-place.
Suicide Squad doing some black hat work in the Levant actually sounds pretty likely.

Hell, it's basically a sequel to them fighting the Jihad way back in Ostrander's run.
>>
>>85514059
Why do people keep comparing multiple Alien invasion to WW2, is this autsim?

Commies and Germans aren't fucking aliens.
>>
>>85513805
BLM was created by george soros to take control of black communities by replacing black community leaders with trannies and faggots. It literally says that on their website.
>>
>>85508802
>Same with the Suicide Squad taking on ISIS

>/co/ reading comics
>ever
>>
>>85514113
>It's pretty funny
They're scared. Why do you think that's funny? Are you a racist sociopath that just likes it when The Others are being unhappy?
>>
>>85514178
No he's just someone who thinks a black power movement attacking people in the streets doesn't constitute a race war.
>>
>>85514025
he always was

fox news is owned by a democrat who's a personal friend of hillary clinton

they're controlled opposition

it's liberals pretending to be anything other than liberals

although that façade is basically gone now since trump isn't one of theirs so they can't control him which means they have to drop the "pretend to be conservative" shtick and come out as full blown liberals and shill for hillary
>>
>>85514152
People aren't ever going to go "wow, this is so different, the fundamental way our minds handle social relations is forever changed." 50 years ago people were afraid the otherside, the First World or the Second, was a few button presses away from ending all life on the planet, and did people act any different? Did a single community show more solidarity with their dissimilar neighbors to stand against that existential threat?

Fuck, look at any first contact on earth. People sometimes thought actual fucking avatars of the gods had showed up, and history still shows them jockeying to fuck each other over. The New Testament has the Jews fucking each other over when their Messiah shows up.

No alien contact is ever going to change the way people react to a new enemy or group. Never. The Hatfields are never going to see the saucers, look over at the McCoys and say "looks like we've got to put aside our differences now."
>>
>>85514178
Because there's nothing bad about being white except the guilt and fear
So non-white people do gain some vindictive and petty pleasure out of the discomfort that a lot of white people have with racial issues
>>
>>85514113
why do you think that couldn't happen?
>>
>>85508386
Of course not. Superman would not support Black Lives Matters, it would be too out of character
>>
>>85514208
I don't really think that way. I cannot really imagine the United States being plunged into a 'race war' and I don't give a shit anyway.
There are many reasons why it's funny, too. I mean that's one of the main points that secession commissioners would build their arguments on, that the end of slavery would bring about a race war that would only leave behind either the whites or the blacks.

Plus I'm Asian so the whole issue is a little removed from me.
>>
>>85514204
>there's nothing bad about being white except the guilt and fear

you understand that whites are being mass exterminated by invaders, right? and that over one million whites have been murdered in America alone by blacks in the last 150 years, right? and that almost all interracial rape is committed by blacks against whites, right? and that most interracial murder is committed by blacks against whites, right?

self-defense is not "racism". if you blacks want to stop being held suspect by whites then you need to stop giving them reason to do so.

I'm not white either, but unlike you I'm not a fucking faggot cuck who believes everything they see on tv.
>>
>>85514213
He basically did in Pak's Action Comics I think
And you just think Superman would agree with you.
>>
>>85514268

To be fair, I don't think he'd agree with our world's own black lives matter.

On his earth, I presume they're more reasonable, considering all the disgusting shit that our own BLM does, I cannot genuinely see Superman ever tolerating it.
>>
>>85514262
I'm not black.
Those statistics are meaningless.
Black communities are just gigantic shitholes. There is a laundry list of reasons why, but it isn't because of some genetic predisposition to violence or whatever.
>>85514294
It wasn't like that at all, it was a police brutality story.
The BLM movement isn't a single organization either, it doesn't really perform actions
>>
>>85514253
>I cannot really imagine the United States being plunged into a 'race war'

How the fuck not? Do you know literally nothing about America's history? The American-Indian Wars was literally a race war. IF another race war happens it won't be between whites and indians, but the point is that sets a precedent for America having the infrastructure, resources, geography, and historical narrative to facilitate a race war.
>>
>>85514268
It was just the police, nothing related to BLM.
>>
>>85514332
>Black communities are just gigantic shitholes. There is a laundry list of reasons why, but it isn't because of some genetic predisposition to violence or whatever.

>neurology doesn't exist
>I majored in liberal arts
>>
>>85514332
>statistics are meaningless

Ladies and gentlemen, liberalism in a nutshell.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 181x279px)
image.jpg
17KB, 181x279px
>>85510648
>a new Punisher and have him just be a black guy
>>
>>85514348
But in those wars the Americans were just trying to take Indian land. That's pretty different from now, where black and white people live in the same communities within the same country.
I also would like to think that we're past a time in this country when people are willing to fight for racial dominance.
>>
>>85514268
Superman is from a farm in Kansas. If you think a farmer from the Midwest would support BLM then you're delusional.
>>
>>85514348
>The American-Indian Wars was literally a race war
The American-Indian Wars were literally a war against foreign nations, and also smaller political groups, who got in our way. That's like saying the Sino-Japanese wars were "race wars."

We didn't kill each other because we were different races, we did it because we had conflicting desires over how we wanted the land to work out. Namely, we wanted it and they didn't want us to get it and wanted us to fuck off.

Any "race war" in the US would be drastically different and in no way like the American-Indian relations. Even a little bit. It would be more akin to another Civil War, and any Civil War wouldn't be broken along racial lines, even just primarily. Any one who thinks the Black People are going to be able to actually wage a war against the White People is laughably retarded. Or that the White People would even bother to engage in a war on the Black People. It's bad for business, in the end.
>>
>>85514377
you're a huge douche. Those statistics are meaningless to me, and to this argument. I cannot say in any remotely accurate way why those disparities exist, but I'm confident that there is a logical explanation for them that would surprise us both. The world is a chaotic and complicated place. To you they prove a pre-existing belief that black people are violent.
>>85514367
And you majored in neurology or neurobiology? Did you write your dissertation on racial differences in the brain's operations?
>>
File: 1462943006244.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1462943006244.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>85514332
>Those statistics are meaningless.
>>
>>85514398
>the Americans were just trying to take Indian land

Actually they were trying to rescue hostages. The indians ran massive sex slave networks that targeted both whites and blacks, mostly children.

ALL of the white violence was retaliation. The indian violence was mostly aggressive and unrelated to military goals.

But even discounting the abductions of white girls, then point is that it was a two way street and not "le stealing le land le maymay le XD le reddit le gold le upboat".
>>
>>85514415
>Superman is a Kansas farmer
>who moved to a big city half way across the country to work in the news industry
>and is therefore totally not a normal example of that category
Why do people always forget this when they try to pin an opinion on comicbook characters? They're freuqently, outside of their powers/superhero careers, radically unique individuals with very particular histories that make it difficult to pin a specific position on them unless they explicitly express it. Doesn't mean he's some cliche liberal fuck either, but you certainly can't just go "Kansas, therefore he's obviously like all the other Kansasians"
>>
>>85514443
>statistics are meaningless to me
>I cannot say in any remotely accurate way why those disparities exist, but I'm confident that they do

Ladies and gentlemen, liberalism in a nutshell.
>>
>>85514466
>"le stealing le land le maymay le XD le reddit le gold le upboat".
Did you just suffer a stroke?
>>
>>85512084
>And here I thought /pol/ didn't exist outside of 4chan.
Then you're naive at best and retarded at worst.
>>
I read that as Tomb Kings.

WE WUZ KANGZ indeed.
>>
>>85514480
Okay, so the difference between liberalism and conservatism is that conservatives jump to conclusions about complicated issues they don't understand while liberals admit they don't know what they're talking about?
>>
>>85514502

Sounds about right.
>>
>>85514415
No, he's a Kryptonian, who has Kryptonian morale and follows Kryptonian culture.
>>
>>85514443
explain africa
>>
>>85512084
Go visit reddit. No, seriously.
>>
>>85514532
Why?
Think about what you're asking.
You're asking me to explain the current state of a continent.
I'm merely saying that neither of us is qualified to make judgments of that scale, especially not one as overly simplistic as 'black people are stupid.'
Furthermore, making snap judgments like that can be dangerous and actually affect other people's lives, so you should just fucking knock it off. Either read a book or shut up
>>
>>85514532
>Chinese guy laughing at black dude.webm
>>
>>85514553
hey faggot, he asked you to explain africa, which is more than 50 countries and almost all of them have black people in charge, specially after the white purge.

And many of those countries are now dying of hunger and poverty cause the dindus and gimmedats destroyed all the infrastructure the British colonials had set up.

you will be hard pressed to show an civilization or society that is led by majority blacks, that isnt a fucking shithole.

Try and blame all of it on the evil white men, but the majority of people of african descent are tribalistic assholes.
>>
TOM KANG
>>
>>85513932
>Again, you're not an anthropologist or biologist and neither am I. But I'm pretty sure they don't use the word 'race' because it implies clearly defined boundaries where none exist. Obviously people start to change based on where they live and who they're breeding with but the concept is more complicated than that, apparently. I'm sure the same is actually true of dogs but I'm not a fucking expert on dogs.

But I am, i'm currently working in fucking Monte Verde. Shut up you dumbass.
>>
>>85514648
Again, I can't claim to really know for sure, but modern tribalism in Africa is often thought to be the direct result of European colonial practices, especially the drawing of borders without consideration to the tribes residing within.
Perhaps if those tribes had been free to war and develop and form larger nations as tribes in Europe did, things would be different.
>>
>>85514648
>destroyed all the infrastructure the British colonials had set up.

That infrastructure is still in place in many countries due to the systematic exploitation of the natural resources that left the locals dependent on focusing on only few low income agricultural products to make a living on, such as farming coco, bananas, etc. Speak nothing of the economic exploitation and hardballing that the West did by demanding south Africa to privatize as much as possible of its national assets after Mandella was elected president. And that's just few things that have contributed to the troubles on the continent where the roots go back to the West.
>>
>>85514693
Then you're one of very few modern anthropologists that agrees with the concept of race.
>>
File: 1455707546088.jpg (1MB, 1280x4079px) Image search: [Google]
1455707546088.jpg
1MB, 1280x4079px
>>85514763
>Perhaps if those tribes had been free to war and develop and form larger nations as tribes in Europe did, things would be different.
But they were
>>
>>85514775

We mined only a tiny amount of their resources by the time of decolonization, it's not like we had the machinery we have now early last century.

They were sovereign, they were able to levy taxes almost any way they wanted as long as they did not depend on foreign hand outs. That's why China was able to be protectionist for so long, by not depending on foreign investment.

If you don't hold out your hands to foreign nations but rely solely on trade all resources within your borders are yours to profit from, who owns what on paper is almost irrelevant. Less so now as globalist try to rob sovereignty from nations, but true up to the recent past.
>>
>>85508386
He's about the only modern writer I'd trust to handle such a hot-button issue tactfully, but I have no real desire to read it
>>
File: 1469563692446.jpg (2MB, 4320x3240px)
1469563692446.jpg
2MB, 4320x3240px
>>85514775
>colonizators come to mud hut people
>they build infrastructure exploiting mud people for menial labor
>colonizators step down from power
>mud people are somehow worse off now that all that infrastructure and "exploitation" is in place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuNYOwKlDIE
>>
>>85513910
That would make the whole shitshow worth it.
>>
>>85514799
Why don't you try to actually get educated instead of repeating what you heard in Reddit from a guy that took a meme class in a shitty college?
>>
>>85514961
Now post the one about the zombie buildings or whatever they were called
>>
>>85508386
Im almost scared to read that article i want to be able to tell myself that its a comic about superman telling everyboody they need to learn the difrence between racial violence and regular violence.

But i know i cannot resist.
>>
>>85513262
>Only black people have been enslaved

you're retarded
>>
>>85514994
that pasta about niggers clogging up the elevator shafts with shit?
>>
>>85515023
Think so. And how there were clean up crews that would go in overnight and make it usable again
>>
>>85515005
Why would he do that when the violence they're dealing with is clearly racial?
>>
>>85508386
What about Filipino slaves IN THE PHILIPPINES back during the US occupation?

That was some real bullshit, and the fact nobody talks about it is the even bigger issue.
>>
>>85508559
That would be nice.

Oddly enough the best comic about race was auctualy by marvel.

Well the racial elements of blue marvel were decent the series as a whole felt designed by committee and there was a huge disparity between what blue marvel said and others reactions almost as if the inital drafts gave blue marvel a persecution complex and then when they changed that they forgot to change all the other dialouge to match
>>
>>85515037
Cause no one cares about the flips man
>>
>>85515031
I said i had not read the article yet.
I want to hope its the standard cop shoots somebody with good reason then people decide it was racily motivated before superman comes down and talks some sense into them.
>>
>>85508692
Wasn't he one of the guys Harvey Birdman put on the stand during the case of Apache Chief vs the coffee shop?

According to him, he wanted to go by SuperVolt, Black Lighting was Aquaman's idea.

I think Aquaman is ACTUALLY a racist motherfucker, yo.
>>
>>85514367
And here we have the reason the ghettos are still shit.
Nobody wants to admit somebody fucked up along the way so they pretend its because of race
>>
>>85513262
Tell that to the Bretons and the Irish. Slavery didn't stop them.
>>
>>85515030
no, he said that niggers would just shit up the building and move to the next one
>>
>>85514532
Aid not getting where it needs to go.

Incidently something the justice league did some work on.
>>
>>85515083
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wKbGnzmidsw
>>
>>85513262
>spend a couple of centuries in slavery and a couple more being exploited and see how your "race" feels.
I'm a slav. Cry me a river, nigger.
>>
>>85515083
>>85515115

Yeah, I remember now, it was the second episode, "Very Personal Injury"

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/harvey-birdman-attorney-at-law-episode-2-very-personal-injury
>>
>>85508692
Fuck

Ok i support this comic now
>>
They should publish it as some sort of elseworlds.
What if there auctualy was a racial violence problem.
>>
>>85514975
Why dont you educate somebody ?
telling someone to educate themselves wont fix anything
>>
>>85515115
Goddamn, I loved the entire voice cast of this whole show, top to bottom.

Gary Cole will will always live in my mind as the voice of the somewhat clueless Harvey.
>>
>>85513262
>ma people wuz salvez

Cry me a fucking river, it has nothing to do with you.
>>
>>85511150
When the relatively rich guys who went to El Norte come back, they might as well get some guns and ammo for the ranch.

>>85513445
>>85513319
>>85513520
Medical science disagrees. Ignoring race is on par with ignoring genetics in politics over science.

There's a thousand different examples in medical science, but a simple one. Check how bone marrow donations work.
>>
>>85514332
>There is a laundry list of reasons why, but it isn't because of some genetic predisposition to violence or whatever.

Look at the MAOA gene. Research is still preliminary, but I wouldn't write off the genetics yet. It's politically flamable, like Testosterone.

>>85515042
>Oddly enough the best comic about race was auctualy by marvel.
Which one was that?
>>
>>85514197
>fox news is owned by a democrat who's a personal friend of hillary clinton

I love these right wing talking points. The fact that he hired the Republican Party media consultant to run it is, of course, unimportant.
WE'RE SURROUNDED!!! LIBERALS EVERYWHERE!!!! HELP US CHEETO JESUS!!!
>>
when i was yougner i read a superman story in a museum about landmines in foreign countries so i assume the BLM story would be like that in terms of hokiness so yea im ok with it.
>>
>>85508802
isis wwas literally a league of assassins offshoot though wasnt it? makes sense in that context to me, still retarded tho
>>
>>85513903
And how is that a good thing liberalfriend?

Calling someone dumb while you couldn't even understand a post of 2 sentences.
>>
>>85508386
My wife went to college with King. As she puts it, he was a pretty forgettable nerd even back then. 9/11 broke his brain a little, like it did a lot of people.
>>
>>85515755
It's always the beta males aka the "numales" behind this cringeworthy white guilt shit. You'll never see someone like Clint Eastwood pull this shit since he has balls, man. He has the big dick. He drinks. He smokes. He's 90 years old and winning awards for his films. Motherfucker has several children with women of different races. Literally alpha white male incarnate. Bitches love that shit. None of this #SoSorry nonsense. Do you know what I am saying?
>>
>>85515833
>You'll never see someone like Clint Eastwood pull this shit since he has balls, man. He has the big dick. He drinks. He smokes

He also talks to chairs like they're people.
>>
>>85515955
t. Pussy Generation
>>
>>85515955
What do you have against chairs, asshole?
>>
kkkk
>>
>>85512084

Wait until you find out about Kek and meme magic, AKA /pol/'s version of Hypercrisis.
Thread posts: 230
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.