[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EVERYONE GET IN HERE What the flying fuck is McFarlane doing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

EVERYONE GET IN HERE

What the flying fuck is McFarlane doing?
>>
Sure he was never a good writer or even the brightest guy in the room, but...
>>
File: SpawnKillsEveryone-08-fc319.jpg (1MB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
SpawnKillsEveryone-08-fc319.jpg
1MB, 900x1384px
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!??!
>>
File: SpawnKillsEveryone-09-eb520.jpg (1MB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
SpawnKillsEveryone-09-eb520.jpg
1MB, 900x1384px
Is he salty about Mircaleman and Angela? What is this. How

why
>>
>>85501432
>the story actually is using the chibi artstyle

Holy shit, the absolute madman!
>>
That was both ballsy and retarded as fuck. Also terribly written.

I admit I'm intrigued.
>>
File: 1468604634599.jpg (199KB, 900x723px)
1468604634599.jpg
199KB, 900x723px
>>85501369
>It's an "X Kills The Y Universe" episode.
Well in Spawn's case I'm honestly surprised that something like this didn't happen with him earlier.
>>
Having dumb, mindless fun, like always. He really doesn't care about catering.
>>
>>85501664
Yeah but is marvel gonna let this fly?
>>
>>85501369
gosh he's so fat
>>
This is the most ridiculous, stupid thing I've ever seen.

I love it!
>>
>>85501704
Who knows, Todd is like senile, he's a really goofy old man, he don't care about nuffin, so he probably didn't even checked with them beforehand,
>>
That it?
>>
>>85501369
Todd wants that Skottie Young money from the looks of it...
>>
>>85501461
Wow... Todd's so bitter about the Angela clusterfuck that he's accusing one of the co-founders of Image of ripping off his character?

>>85501664
Well he appears to be hiding behind the wall of parody and the rationalization that he's not killing Marvel characters but cosplayers dressed as said characters
>>
>movie references out the ass
fucking casuals
>>
>>85503163
>Wow... Todd's so bitter about the Angela clusterfuck that he's accusing one of the co-founders of Image of ripping off his character?
Angela and Liefeld have literally nothing to do with each other. He is probably just knocking Marvel the way he always does without really thinking about who created Deadpool. I just read that line as setting up a rivalry between Spawn and DP, read the next line where he talks abut r-rated, black and red costumed movie heroes.
>>
well i'm definetly picking this up on wednesday, its just too weird and fucking retarded not to.
>>
>>85501369
Is this even legal?

Also McFarlane did a pretty good Skottie Young cover
>>
>>85501369
spawn is still going? I feel bad for the comics that are so unpopular they dont even get storytimed here

spawn
witchblade
etc
>>
>>85504042
They're all legally safe paradies of their original counterpart. It works.
>>
>>85501499
>The SFX of killing are actually "KILL"
This is LEX LEX LEX Motherbox-tier
>>
>>85501920
That was the preview, it's coming out Wednesday.

>>85504639
Witchblade concluded late 2015/early 2016
>>
>>85501369
Do people still care about Spawn?
>>
>>85504639

Someone just storytimed a bunch of recent Spawn shit not that long ago.
>>
>>85504639
>I feel bad for the comics that are so unpopular they dont even get storytimed here
Therw are like 4 of those a week at least but what is unpopular here generally have a good following almost everywhere else
>>
>>85501369
So...Todd finally lost it, he's gone off the rails.
>>
>>85503163

The hilarious irony. Spawn is literally Batman X The Punisher + Venom, and the honest epitome of awful 90s grimdark bullshit. Todd's a great artist, a crap writer, and ultimately clueless. Even funnier that he's picking up an old and now hackneyed idea pioneered by Ennis, one of his betters. Good heavens. I'll read this, I guess, but I won't pay for it. I bet he thinks someone's going to care that he's doing this. Lol.
>>
McFarlane is salty as fuck here... Deadpool debuted a full year before spawn.....
>>
>>85507199
He really could just be mad that a adult superhero is doing better than his

Most people hadn't even heard of him but now look at him.

Doesn't help that they came from the same era. So Todd's probably really pissed.
>>
>>85501369
OMG he's so CUUUUTE!
totally buying this, thanks OP
>>
Why does everyone assume "Spawn kills everyone" = "Todd McFarlane hates everyone?"

Like two or three years ago they had probably 20~30 homage covers that were throwbacks to classic covers from well-known comics and artists.

Why would Todd bother with that if he hated everyone?
>>
>>85511753
Nah people can just sense the bitterness with the deadpool part
>>
>>85509597
>>85507199
>>85506185
>>85503521
>>85503163
>>85501800
>>85501461
Are these "HURR MCFARLANE IS SALTY" posts just people being either born after the 90's, being complete idiots, or shilling? McFarlane's the kind of guy who has a history of trying to get a rise out of people and he would know Liefeld created Deadpool since they are/were close friends.
>>
so now spawn is slinging one liners , short and round like a south park character? It doesnt come off as parody, it comes off that todd is bitter and killing all the characters that have successful movie translations, while his baby spawn was doa in the theaters
>>
>>85511753
I really, really doubt he's salty or being butthurt. He just wants to do comics, really. He loves it, I can tell he fears the day comes when he doesn't do them anymore.
On his last stream he was drawing Pikachu then turning into Spawn, pretty camp and lighthearted and then to answer someone he said that if he loses all his limbs but one, still has one eye and still has 3 fingers to hold a pencil he'd still be happy. And completed with "I'll draw until I am dead".

>>85511894
My post wasn't saying he's salty, fuckface. I said he's senile, which is true, he's a goofy ass granddad.
>>
I laughed. I don't know what the big deal is.
>>
Chibi Spawn is cute.
>>
>>85513592
He is very huggable.I want to tuck him into bed and give him a juice box.
>>
File: DwC8a.gif (884KB, 200x200px)
DwC8a.gif
884KB, 200x200px
>>85501432
>Nobody cares about a second sequel for you
>>
>>85501704
I dont think any judge in existence would say that marvel has the right to the concept of a character killing everybody.

And x kills the y is far to generic to trademark.
>>
>>85514015
Oh wait
>>85501432
I see what you mean but this makes it both a marvel and dc issue.

Eh it can probably be passed off as parody but if anybody was auctualy bothered enough to try and fight it they would not need a whole lot to win.
>>
>>85505307
I really really liked that lex page.main reason im so mad we never got a lex luthor ruler of apocalips mini
>>
>>85501461
>dead in a pool of blood
Fuck my sides
>>
>>85511939
Or it could just be that he is writing a jealous character.
>>
>>85509597
>He really could just be mad that a adult superhero is doing better than his

>read Joe Kelly's Deadpool
>Bretty gud
>Read 30+ issues of Spawn
>He fucks around in an alleyway with a bunch of hobos the whole time
>>
>>85514165
Spawn hasn't hung out in the alleys with the hobos since pre-issue 100.

And the next issue that comes out is 265.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.