[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could a Final Crisis movie save the DCEU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 4746774-darkseidfinalcrisis.jpg (729KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
4746774-darkseidfinalcrisis.jpg
729KB, 1280x800px
Could a Final Crisis movie save the DCEU?
>>
The format would only work as a comic, so no
>>
>>85499454
General audiences and critics are too dumb to understand BvS.... so no
>>
>>85499501
qft

>inb4 meme hustlers
>>
File: Batman-Knightmare.jpg (143KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-Knightmare.jpg
143KB, 1000x500px
>>85499483
seem's like they're not afraid to try
>>
>>85499639
They should have just made that the movie.
>>
>>85499454
No
>>
No.
Infinite Crisis, on the other hand could work.
>>
>>85499979
not without crisis on infinite earth and all the shit leading up to it
>>
>>85499454
No, but a different studio would
>>
>>85499454
I would love Snyder's take on the Morrison saga
>>
>>85499454

I really don't think what the DC movies need right now is six hours of complete fucking gibberish and hundreds of characters they have never seen before.
>>
>>85499454
I think it could be done as the be it all end it all of superhero movies. Like maybe in 2025 or something like that.
>>85499483

The director would have to get creative.
>>
>>85500969
If you just focused on the Darkseid occupation and use of anti-life on the human populace, and the heroes mounting an underground resistance, it would work just fine. Tell it as Rock of Ages if you want to make it simpler, but that concept works perfect.
>>
Why does anyone even bother giving a shit about comic movies? They'll literally always be inferior to the original product.
>>
>>85501058

But I want monitors and multiversal battles and metacommentary on the importance of comic books.
>>
>>85501226
Which is what you have the comic for, friendo.

Pie in the sky is Crisis on Infinite Earths with stuff like Grant Gustin Flash, Dean Cain Superman, Christian Bale Batman, the DCEU, etc, etc
>>
>>85499454
Pfft, I wish.

But they're clearly going for a loose "Justice League: War" story as long as Zack is around. Which is stupid, because that's just playing into what Marvel is already setting up.

Now, a legit Anti-Life kind of story is something that Marvel Studios hasn't come close to, except for Jessica Jones' Purple Man mind games, but that was only on a smaller, personal scale and Netflix isn't the movies.
>>
>>85501164
MoS and BvS are better than 90% of Superman and Batman comics
>>
I seriously do not think the casual audience is ready for a story like that on the big screen. Not to mention all the setup you have to do for the story unless you gut it.
>>
>>85501282
Not really, even most Silver Age ones are way better, and I actually LIKE MoS and BvS.

Maybe they're better than some late 90's/early 2000's crap, but nowhere near 90%, not even 50%.
>>
They really needed to get more magic stuff in their before Marvel did Doctor Strange.

It must have felt really weird in Suicide Squad having all this magic shit just "there". Maybe Wonder Woman will bring it a bit.

Basically DC mythology is much more interesting than Marvel's. DC's mythology is grounded in a lot of cool historical myth and legend, as well as featuring some really interesting characters like The Stranger, Spectre and even Swamp Thing.

How fucking cool would it have been to have that Del Toro JLD movie?
>>
>>85501058
This. With Rock of Ages as the basis, with some Final Crisis elements, it might work on screen.

Basically, I need the "I am the New God" speech.
>>
Too confusing for the average capeshit goer
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.