[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Shows you weren't allowed to watch as a kid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 14

File: image.jpg (707KB, 1000x1426px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
707KB, 1000x1426px
Post shows you weren't allowed to watch
>>
None. Free reign.
>>
I wasn't allowed to it because it dumb .
>>
File: ed-edd-n-eddy.jpg (230KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ed-edd-n-eddy.jpg
230KB, 1024x768px
>>85498565
Same thing with this show. My mom thought it stupid. And it is .
>>
>>85498565
>dumb
>oh I'd totally be okay with my kid watching a show where 2 kids go on adventures to the Underworld with Death itself and fight demons and monsters and stuff if the humor wasn't so low brow
>>
File: wishbone.jpg (87KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
wishbone.jpg
87KB, 612x612px
I wish I was joking
>>
>>85498565
Fair enough, if I was parent I'd be a little concerned about my kids watching that. As retarded humor go, B&M was the pinnacle of retard.
>>
File: 346546.jpg (354KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
346546.jpg
354KB, 1280x720px
>>85498477
What really? I used to watch this with my mom all the time when I was like 13.

However THIS wasn't allowed anywhere near the household for a long ass time
>>
File: 1467077465759.png (170KB, 613x539px) Image search: [Google]
1467077465759.png
170KB, 613x539px
The only things I was really barred from watching was stuff on Comedy Central and anything on MTV, especially the reality TV. My mother didn't like EEnE or Zim, but she let me watch it.
I'm honestly kinda glad she didn't let me watch reality TV.
>>
File: Anon gets a friend.gif (500KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
Anon gets a friend.gif
500KB, 500x341px
>>85498477
Wasn´t allowed because they "cursed a lot"
>>
>>85498660
Story time? Or did mom find a talking Jack Russel Terrier to be satanic?
>>
>>85499425

Im the son of a Southern baptist preacher.

Apparently there was some episode with a pirate doing dark magic or some shit. I didnt see it my sister did.

And from that point on watchign Wishbone was banned.

I mean I didnt care. I was like 8 at the time.
But There was this whole family meeting about it.

It was pretty stupid.

I mean I watched whatever the fuck I wanted and didn't try to hard t hide it.

I remember buying a shit ton of PSP UMDs to see rated R movies because the cashier at my local store didn't realize what they were and didn't think to card me. And the cases were small and easy to hide
>>
>>85498477
I didn't grow up in a fucking whitebread suburb so my mother had better things to do than bitch at me about what tv shows I enjoyed.
>>
>>85499614
>Im the son of a Southern baptist preacher
That explains a lot. Did you ever try to go back as an adult and watch that episode?
>>
>>85498477
My mother forbade me from watching Nickelodeon at some point because of The Fairly Oddparents.

In retrospect, I can see her point.
>>
>>85501472

Not really.
I didn't really watch wishbone in the first place and I was "banned" from watching plenty of other shows.

Wishbone was just the dumbest example I could think of.

My father and I once got into a massive argument over picture related. Full on shouting match.
Good times.

All joking aside I actually love and respect the shit out of my dad. He taught me the value of a DIY ethic and the majesty of saving money on secondhand stuff.

Little did he know those things sort of ended up pushing me into DIY punk culture. Which he seems to be mostly cool with desu.

Im 26 and live in a 2002 Toyota sienna.

My mother drives me nuts though... Its like she derives some sort life force from worrying all the time

I know I know everyone mother worries frets about them.
But shes so conflict adverse its insane.

At least my dad breaks her balls about "not trusting god enough".
>>
>>85501824

shit forgot picture
>>
everything, incluing r-rated movies. but i was never allowed to watch tales from the crypt, only because my mom doesn't like horror
>>
>>85498527
Same. Hence why everyone thought I had the cool mom I do, though, so suck it losers.
>>
Angry Beavers, too dumb and my parents walked in on an episode where they were "naked"
>>
File: glowing.webm (167KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
glowing.webm
167KB, 720x480px
none except maybe South Park, although I was never interested in it

one of my best memories with my dad was laughing our asses off watching the first mooninites episode when it premiered
>>
>>85498477
Ren and Stimpy
Beavis and Butthead
For a short time The Simpsons but I grew up in the country, with Farmervision beavis and butthead and ren and stimpy were censorship easymode but when there's only three fucking channels it wasn't too pong before Treehouse of Horror was a yearly family TV event.
Once we got Bell settelite my parents had given the fuck up on not letting me watch certain things.
>>
I hadn't seen an episode of South Park, but my older brother had seen the movie.

We walked past it in the video store and I asked him "Does Kenny die in it?"

"Kenny dies. HORRIBLY."
>>
>>85498477
Any adult cartoon was off-limits, but they would let me watch South Park and ATHF if they were there with me.
I had it very easy compared to my younger brother and sister. They can't even watch The Amazing World of Gumball.
>>
>>85498743
my mom let me watch south park, but not the simpsons, because she thought i'd learn bad manners or some shit from bart simpson.
also, couldnt watch beav n butt
>>
>>85498477
It wasn't for long, though.
>>
>>85501824
>2002 Toyota sienna.
how is van life? ive been thinking about doing it myself
>>
File: p391761_d_v8_ab.jpg (371KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p391761_d_v8_ab.jpg
371KB, 960x1440px
"Too demonic"
>>
>>85498565
>>85498743
Dad would watch this with me but hated this >>85498603
because he thought it was really dumb.
It's whatever, I was still allowed to watch EEnE anyways.
>>
File: Fsfsds.jpg (2MB, 1974x2924px) Image search: [Google]
Fsfsds.jpg
2MB, 1974x2924px
I could watch almost everything.

I even watched pic related when i was 4 with only some bad looks from my mother to some scenes like Osama in bed with Satan (not because Satan, because a dildo). Took some years to me understand every joke like the search to find clitoris so watch after get older was again very funny.
>>
>>85498565
>>85498603
>Not on netflix
it hurts
>>
>>85498477
No Simpson's for me.
>>
>>85503563
>>85501824
>Living in a van/RV/trailer

Does it being much cheaper than buying a house/apartment and not having to worry about rent and/or taxes make up for the disadvantages?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.