[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So was this reboot any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: archie2.jpg (148KB, 488x750px) Image search: [Google]
archie2.jpg
148KB, 488x750px
So was this reboot any good?
>>
I want to marry Betty!
>>
>>85490176
Veronica or GTFO
>>
I have enjoyed so far. The constant artist change is annoying though.
>>
>>85490158
It's alright. Enjoyable.
>>
No. Waid can't write young people.
>>
>>85490158

Couldn't stand Waid's Archie, Zdarsky's Jughead's kept me coming back however.

Now Henderson's off art, I really cannot find a downside to Jughead.
>>
It's my second favorite comic airing right now. I just wish they'd stop focusing on Betty/Archie so much. The writers have something against Ronnie these days.
>>
>>85490532
They replaced Squirrel Girl artist with Squirrel Girl writer
>>
It's a great comic. It's the one I look forward to the most when I'm grabbing my pull list.

Jughead was complete shit up until the most recent arc thanks to Henderson leaving, and now with Zdarsky gone we might finally get a good comic.

Betty and Veronica had a mixed first issue. The dialogue had moments that were great. but sometimes it goes overboard with its lingo, and the Hot Dog bits were stupid. The art also had some high highs and low lows.

Veronica is best girl.
>>
Speaking as a person who jever gave a ahit about Archie prior to this, I laughed harder at these comics than I ever remember laughing at any other american comic book I've ever read.

Not that I know of a lot of outright comedy comics made in America. Sex Criminals? I guess Sex Criminals is better, but yeah, I think comedy comics are a rarity.

Also the characters work great and I like how there are functional layers to them. So yeah, I think the reboot worked wonders.
>>
>>85490571

>Squirrel Girl writer

Okay, guess Dinosaur Comics never happened.
>>
I really hate it. The thing I found charming about Archie comics was they largely stayed away from DEEP teen drama and just tired to be funny. this is the exact opposite.
>>
>>85490662

You want laugh out loud from a comic? Check out Nick Spencer's The Fix, up to issue 4 of 6 by now.

Heck, his Superior Foes of Spider-Man was a pretty hilarious ride. Imagine Ocean's Eleven except they're the Sinister Six and four of them are idiots.
>>
>>85490694
Oh I read his Superior Foes comic. And that was good, but even woth The Fix we're only up to four comedy comic books ITT.

And damn, if The Fix is by the same guy damn right I'll read it!
>>
>>85490672
>Okay, guess Dinosaur Comics never happened.
People will remember the bad over anything else. It doesn't matter how many bars and bridges and piers you build, if you fuck ONE goat, you're the goatfucker for life.
>>
>>85490797

Skottie Young's I Hate Fairyland is another humorous comic, it's about a young girl who gets sucked into Fairyland and trapped there for decades, it's a bit more Ren and Stimpy visual humor though.

I'm not reading it anymore, too many reboots, but Marvel's Howard the Duck was pretty funny.

Thinking about it, Comedy doesn't seem to be the genre flavor of the year, this time around it seems to be sci-fi, horror, or a mix of both.
>>
The other two books have been somewhat underwhelming but I love Waid's Archie. It's one of my favorite monthlies.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.