[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Dark Knight Joker the best Joker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 11

Discuss.
>>
>>85488335
because chaotic neutral>chaotic evil
its logical, fleshed out and had the best goddamn magic trick I've ever seen
>>
>>85488335
because its not joker, joker doesnt plan like this joker did. he doesnt make grand philosophical statements like this joker did. people liked it because they dont read comics and it has good costume design.
>>
>>85488591
>Muh source material

Like The Joker never changed in the 60 plus years he's been in the comic book medium.
>>
>TDK Joker
>good
>>
>>85488702
how was he bad?
>>
>>85488614
why the fuck does Joker get a free pass and Superman/Batman in BvS don't? This characterization of Joker completely goes against the whole agent of chaos aspect, he literally has keikaku out the ass. Ledger does give an amazing performance though.
>>
>>85488709
>constantly spouts idiotic pseudo-philosophical bullshit that makes him sound like an edgy teenager and makes it impossible to take him seriously as a villain
>fails to be menacing despite trying very hard to be
>idiotic plans that only work out because of luck and everyone else being an idiot
>>
Because he actually actually pretty goddamn funny while being completely out of his goddamn mind, or at least made you believe he was. He was honestly the best part of that movie.
>>
>>85488730
Because it was well done.
>>
>>85488730
You're assuming I didn't like BVS.
>>
He make pencil disappeared.
Amazing magic
>>
>>85488750
gee wizz, that sure sounds like a bunch of baseless opinions!

Ledger was the best movie iteration of Joker to date, get over it
>>
>>85488750
>Idiotic plans that only work out because of luck and everyone else being an idiot.

Like almost all comics?
>>
>>85488784
oh sorry friendo, okay. well then, it was a fine progression of the character and his keikaku was a good parallel to bat's keikaku, ultimately forcing him to go to unethical keikaku lengths for the greater good, giving Joker at least some level of victory.
>>
>>85488787
>M-MUH BASELESS OPINION IS BETTER THAN YOURS
Go die with your idiot kind, Ledgerfag.
>>
>>85488773
you fuck right off bitch pleb
>>
>>85488730
Planning and chaos aren't antithetical. Varying forms of order always arise out of chaos, order inevitably decays to forms of chaos, etc.

A character making orderly plans to advance his ambitions of showing humanity's chaotic, self-serving nature is more than reasonable.
>>
>>85488801
Too bad outside of an idiot in rubber suit TDK tried very hard to pretend it's a serious criminal thriller despite being Se7en for people with ADHD, so it's much less forgivable.
>>
File: absolutely_disgusting.jpg (24KB, 298x208px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely_disgusting.jpg
24KB, 298x208px
>>85488820
Go back to /tv/ and stay in your containment board.
>>
>>85488851
How about you first instead of shitting up this board with godawful capeshit flick threads?
>>
>>85488709
I can only remember few scenes with any humour in it, the hospital and the explosion being the best.
>>
>>85488860
I'm not the OP here, you are you dirty /tv/memer, get loss
>>
>>85488894
>any opinion I disagree with is a meme
Ah, nice to see TDKfags are as retarded and obnoxious as they were in 2008. At least some things stay consistent.
>>
>>85488335

Have any Batman writers discussed Ledger's Joker?
>>
>>85488335
because you're still 12 years old and have never read a comic book.
>>
>>85488913

This t b h
>>
>>85488919
Except I've read comics. Old friend of mine had long boxes of them he kept under his bed that were full of comics. The boxes they have in the comic store, the long ones.
>>
>ROMERO
>Inspired how every iteration of the Joker would be played from then on. Mannerisms, the laugh- everything. This is the proto-Joker.

>NICHOLSON
>Re-interpreted Romero's Joker, but as a darker and more menacing character. Generally comes off as Jack Nicholson playing Jack Nicholson, although his dryness balances his manic side pretty well.

>LEDGER
>Influenced an entire generation to believe that the Joker is a brooding nihilist philosopher who doesn't have to follow his stepdad's rules because FUCK YOU JERRY YOURE NOT MY REAL DAD.

>LETO
>A modern ganster inspired by Azzarello's Joker. Comes off more unhinged than any other Joker, and embraces the insanity of the character. Plus for the first time, we get to see a Joker that's actually a major player in Gotham's crime scene. For a street-level Batman movie, this is the perfect Joker.
>>
>>85489075
Please, enlighten me on the philosophical things Ledger's Joker said.

>Leto

Please fuck off with this. Leto was cringey as fuck. He had the mannerisms of someone modeling for a Hot Topic commercial.
>>
>>85489141
>DUDE CRINGE LMAO
>DUDE HOT TOPIC LMAO

wow, it's like I'm talking to a walking, breathing meme.
>>
>>85488750
Take the contrarian stick out of your ass.
>>
>>85489173
>I have nothing worthwhile to say
>better call him contrarian
Oh, fuck off you cunt.
>>
>>85489173
>If I call everyone a hipster that means I'm right!

no.
>>
>>85489163
>Dude I reference a meme while criticizing someone for using words that aren't even memes.

Wow, it's like I'm talking to a mongoloid.
>>
>>85489197
How many buzzwords can you shove into one post holy shit
>>
>>85489206
>Can't call it a meme. Fuck, I'll call it a buzzword.

The clothes and style he wore literally got their own Hot Topic clothing line. Kill yourself, please.
>>
>>85489190
People being bitter over Leto being shit seems to have brought us back to 2008 when even saying that Ledger's Joker wasn't that good was more blasphemous than calling Jesus a faggot.
>>
File: 1252434758526.png (8KB, 482x402px) Image search: [Google]
1252434758526.png
8KB, 482x402px
>>85489075
>LETO
>this is the perfect Joker.
>>
>>85488335
I'm the only person I know who found Dark Knight Joker thoroughly boring.

Might have been because he only did one memorable joke in the movie, and I had it spoiled for me by people who hyped it up like crazy before I saw the movie. By the time I finally saw the pencil trick, my only reaction was "that was it?"
>>
>>85489342
You weren't the only one.
Nolan's dialogue on bat-movies is awful. It's so inhuman and robotic it feels less like people talking and more like amateur writer reciting his bad prose, Ledger's Joker is not even slightly menacing despite the movie trying to make him some for of nature and everything else keeps dragging and dragging on.
>>
>>85488750

So many empty words. There's no way you're older than 18.
>>
>>85489367

Post an example and point out your criticisms.
>>
>>85489372
>wahh wahh you disagree with me, must be underage LEDGER 4EVER XD
What an empty post. There's no way you're older than 18.
>>
>>85488335
Because he was the only tolerable part of that pos movie
>>
>>85489383
Every single line in the damn movie, you obnoxious butthurt Ledgerfag?
>>
>>85489367
This. I have the same problem with Daredevil- it's so overwrought that it just comes off as laughable.
>>
>>85488335
he's literally the worst joker
Great character, better than most jokers, but worst joker.
>>
>>85489385

You continue to explain nothing. Embarrassing.
>>
>>85489395

Triggered much? Is is too hard for you to show me one scene that you take issue with and explain why it's wrong?
>>
>>85489417
>Great character
He was barely a character.

>>85489441
You continue shitposting like a moron. Embarrassing.
>>
>>85489299
honestly he is, its just Joker is one of those characters that doesnt work too well outside of a comic and put into the real world, like Superman or Spiderman

Like, if the character was played perfectly they'd come across as cringy, awkward and none of their actions make sense, mostly because in comics you put your own interpretation onto each character (the way they act, talk, move)

I dunno, this probably doesnt make much sense because i'm just rambling here, but yeah.
>>
>>85489451

I can smell the butthurt from here. Maybe you should go back to greentexting in order to argue your point without actually saying anything.
>>
>>85489448
What should I do? Spoonfeed you by quoting your shit flick? You can go to fucking wikiquote for that.
>>
>>85489466
>I disagree with you
>you're not saying anything XDD
Kill yourself. There's no butthurt, just being tired of Ledgerfag morons like you.
>>
>>85489452
>honestly he is, its just Joker is one of those characters that doesnt work too well outside of a comic and put into the real world, like Superman or Spiderman
>Like, if the character was played perfectly they'd come across as cringy, awkward and none of their actions make sense, mostly because in comics you put your own interpretation onto each character (the way they act, talk, move)
>I dunno, this probably doesnt make much sense because i'm just rambling here, but yeah.

No, that makes a lot of sense. Very interesting prospective but I still think Heath's Joker is the most interesting. Maybe because the novelty, it remains fresh and original and really fits into the nolan-batman mythos.
>>
>>85489482

There it is. Like clockwork.
>>
>>85489473

Compelling argument. I'm sure everyone who enjoyed his joker are rethinking their stance right now.
>>
>>85489503
>I cannot prove your points wrong, better shitpost like a complete moron and call the opposing party underage
Just kill yourself already.
>>
>>85489495
Yeah, i've always felt Ledgers joker has been really great, like with most of the characters from those movies, they're a shit Joker/Bane/Ra's but they're really interesting and fun to watch characters in their own movies
>>
>>85489510
Why bother? If you idiots think TDK has great dialogue, it's far too late to help you.
I'd recommend watching actual moving and reading actual literature.
>>
>>85489511

Now you're just being boring, you could at least post some images or something.
>>
>>85489536
You could just fuck off and do something productive with your life instead of being triggered by my opinion which you still offered no counterpoints to and shitposting, yet here we are.
>>
>>85489519
Just think how easily they could have fucked it up. I'm still floored by the truck-flip scene to this very day.
>>
B:TAS Joker is best joker. Fite me.
>>
>>85489531

You're not doing yourself any favors with all this deflection.

Also please don't tell me you're about to compare high art or classic literature with a cape film. Even for an autist on 4chan, that's a bit much.
>>
>>85489544

Why are you talking about me so much? Talk about Ledger's performance, since you seem to hold such a strong opinion on it.
>>
>>85489557
You're not doing yourself any favors by not seeing how stiff Nolan's dialogue is and how generic Ledger's Joker is, but here we are.
>Also please don't tell me you're about to compare high art or classic literature with a cape film. Even for an autist on 4chan, that's a bit much.
Of course it's expected of an idiot like you to put words in others mouths, but fuck off.
>>
>>85489581
I'd gladly not talk about you or ever interact with you, but you just keep bugging me
>>
>>85489584

Again you continue to deride without explanation, but you obviously care enough to reply. Also you're the one bringing up "watching actual moving and reading actual literature" yet I doubt you'll expand on that point.
>>
It was different from the comics, but in a good way.

Ledger's Joker had visible mannerisms, tics, and a style of speaking that made him seem real, almost. He was genuinely terrifying in some scenes. His humor was more deadpan, but it was still genuinely funny.

Leto's Joker well first had the problem of barely appearing, but it also seemed like Leto was putting on an act the entire movie, and it takes you out of it. I liked that they brought the gangster part of Joker back but I think what they tried with him sort of fell flat on its face. It wasn't entirely Leto's fault, however. If he dials down the METHOD ACTING in the Bat solo film I think he could do just as well as Ledger.

Ledger was just good, Leto needs to stop trying to be Ledger 2.0 (not in how the Joker acts but in the whole, 'getting into the feel of the character' bullshit) and just needs to have better on screen presence. All Ledger's scenes had you on the edge of your seat, Leto just seemed kind of bland.
>>
>>85489553
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etst4t3ES8Y
RoTJ Joker is the best by the virtue of being the only actually disturbing without being too edgy non-comic Joker.
Also
Eye/I on the other hand > pencil trick.

(I know it's the same character as BTAS, but you catch the drift)
>>
>>85489597

I suppose it doesn't take much for you then. Just explain your argument without using meaningless buzzwords and juvenile greentext.
>>
>>85489605

What explanation do you want, fuckface? Do I need to drag your autistic ass into the streets where you can see how real people talk and that Nolan's lifeless emotionless dialogue sounds like a crappy writer thinking he's writing serious literature? Do I need to show you that Ledger's Joker is nothing more beyond your average "intelligent but" Hannibal Lecter rip-off you have in every police procedural?

>>85489627
Except I already did. You just keep ignoring and dismissing everything while contributing nothing of value.
>>
>>85489658
*intelligent but evil
>>
>>85489658

>lifeless
>emotionless

Not true at all. If you actually believe that then show me some examples. You're an actual idiot.

Also would you care to explain why authors like Paul Dini and Grant Morrison loved it, but you hated it? What grand insight into the Joker do you have that they don't? Not to mention 99% of the people that saw it. It provided a level of cultural relevance homogeneous enjoyment that the character will NEVER reach again.

You're just a contrarian who is too idiotic to stress his points in a specific manner or provide any actual evidence to his claims.
>>
>>85489706
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsLYoqjgl_Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY7xhnJtlkE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAj20UOc3DE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4GAQtGtd_0
So natural. Definitely doesn't feel forced and stiff in the slightest.
Now, satisfied? Now get off my dick already, you annoying cunt.
>You're an actual idiot.
That's rich coming from an unbelievable moron like you.
>Also would you care to explain why authors like Paul Dini and Grant Morrison loved it
Creator of The Wire thinks Buffy is better than The Wire. Shocking, but creators are not always right.
>Not to mention 99% of the people that saw it. It provided a level of cultural relevance homogeneous enjoyment that the character will NEVER reach again.
Oh look, argumentum ad populum. Seems like you idiots are incapable of arguing beyond PEOPLE LIKED IT SO IT'S GOOD
>contrarian
Just get cancer you shitty memeing faggot.
>>
>>85489746

Again, zero actual explanation. You're just trolling at this point. If you aren't, then you're too stupid to have an opinion worth listening to in the first place.
>>
>>85489758
>zero actual explanation
Not my fault you're either ridiculously retarded or just plain obtuse. I keep shoving this in your face and you still refuse to acknowledge that it's there.
>WAHH U DISAGREE WITH ME U TROLLING
>then you're too stupid to have an opinion worth listening to in the first place.
Pot kettle black. Just fuck off.
>>
>>85489792

Again, the criticisms you levied are that he's lifeless and emotionless, yet in the very first clip you posted he incredibly emotive and virile. There is no conclusion to draw other than you being completely incapable making valid criticisms.
>>
>>85488787
While I agree with you, "best movie iteration of Joker" doesn't mean much. I think Jerome Valeska from the Gotham TV show was a better Joker, and he isn't even really the Joker yet.
>>
>>85489836
>I talk the entire thread about dialogues
>you bring up acting of a scene with wooden absolutely dialogue like a low-IQ failed abortion idiot you are
You retarded motherfucker, what do I have to do to make you shut up? Every post you make makes me want to puke with how stupid and self-righteous is it.
>>
>>85489886
*absolutely wooden dialogue
Goddamn, your stupidity pisses me off so much I can't even type straight anymore.
>>
>>85489886
>>85489893
Not that dude, you can dislike Ledger's Joker for many reasons, but you are delusional if you claim being lifeless and wooden is a reason. He is anything but.
>>
>>85489622
>visible mannerisms, tics, and a style of speaking that made him seem real, almost
They made him look like a goddamn cartoon character.
>He was genuinely terrifying in some scenes
Thanks again for proving that /co/ has very low standards when it comes to "terrifying".
>>
>>85489905
I never said anything about Ledger's acting. It's the only salvageable part of the character, but it doesn't salvage character itself being shit.
I'm talking about the dialogue. Nolan is not good with it. Ironically Joker sounds slightly more like a human being than the rest of the cast and he's supposed to be insane.
>>
>>85489908
>They made him look like a goddamn cartoon character.
What the fuck, are you fucking serious? The Joker is supposed to look like a fucking cartoon character. And besides his suit being purple, nothing screamed out of place.
>>85489908
What is terrifying to you then? Him being terrifying didn't come from a crazy laugh or shooting people, it was the insane tension and unpredictability he brought to the movie.

>>85489934
It sounded as real as a comic book movie's dialogue can sound. Outside of the occasional psuedo intellectual line some characters spout, what makes the dialogue seem wooden to you? It's incredibly real at times, like in the 'I won't bury you' scene.
>>
>>85488591
>The joker doesn't plan like this one did

What is death of the family
What is the real origin story of the red hood in the new 52
>>
He's not.
>>
>>85489886

Your posts have been very eye-opening about the kind of person you are. Not one complaint you have had is valid at all. You are literally and objectively wrong. You call that "wooden?" What the fuck? Anyone who bothered to watch the scene can tell you otherwise. The dialogue was poignant, relevant, entertaining and were enunciated on a scale befitting a such an outlandish, larger-than-life character.

Seek help.
>>
File: imdbtop.png (90KB, 640x748px) Image search: [Google]
imdbtop.png
90KB, 640x748px
>>
>>85489946
> The Joker is supposed to look like a fucking cartoon character.
So what is it then? "Almost real" or "cartoon character"?
>What is terrifying to you then?
Anton Chigurh. That's what an actually terrifying villain is like.
>insane tension
Funny, but I didn't feel much of it.
>unpredictability
There wasn't much unpredictability too.
>>
>>85490007
>IMDB ARE PLEBS XDD
>IMDB AGREE WITH ME BASED IMDB
Fuck off, /tv/.
>>85489980
>objectively
>The dialogue was poignant
Okay, thanks for outing yourself as a troll. You had a good run, tricked me too.
>>
>>85490025

If I wanted to trick you it wouldn't be hard. You're just asspained that Ledger's performance was incredibly popular and lauded by hundreds of people more knowledgeable and well-read/well-watched than you, so you try and take a stance against it, even though you can't make any actual arguments. You're pathetic, and are most likely a /tv/ cross-boarder.
>>
>>85490011
>So what is it then? "Almost real" or "cartoon character"?
He's supposed to look like a painted up freak, and he does. The smudged makeup and the more realistic clothes despite being an odd color makes it a bit more realistic, but at the end of the day he's SUPPOSED to look out of place, and he does.
>Anton Chigurh. That's what an actually terrifying villain is like.
So calm and collected instead of manic? I like Anton as well, but what makes his attitude more terrifying than the Joker's? In fact, the tension of who they're going to kill and not is central to both characters.
>Funny, but I didn't feel much of it.
I'm sure you didn't, because you had a grip with it from the beginning. It's a subjective feeling anyways, I can't make you feel it.
>There wasn't much unpredictability too.
The bank scene in the opening minutes was unpredictable you fucking dingus. This response is bait-tier.
>>
>>85490053
Don't blind yourself with all that projection.
You can go now. I'm tired of your annoying shitposting.
>>
Wow. You guys sure get upset about this.
>>
>>85490119
It's because their 'anonymous.'
>>
>>85490090
>but what makes his attitude more terrifying than the Joker's
The fact that he has lots of menacing presence Joker doesn't and that personality-wise he's not an outlandish capeshit character but someone who actually feels like a realistic sociopath?
He definitely sounds like Richard Kuklinski.
>It's a subjective feeling
Probably. I just found Joker's scenes boring.
>The bank scene in the opening minutes was unpredictable
Okay, I give you that. Everything else was predictable though.
>>
>>85490139

>their

What's the purpose of putting "anonymous" in apostrophes?
>>
File: 1382482042805.jpg (23KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1382482042805.jpg
23KB, 429x410px
>>85490160
They're single quotation marks you grammar nazi.
>>
>>85490102

You really enjoy your cookie-cutter 4chan responses don't you? Keep deflecting all you like, you've already exposed your idiocy through your "criticisms" and general infantilism.
>>
>>85490223

Then what was the purpose of the quotation marks? What exactly are you implying?
>>
>>85490245
The only idiocy you exposed is your own.
>>
>>85490317

Very enlightening. At least you're consistent in your naiveté
>>
>>85490350
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Fuck off.
You've proven that you have shit taste in dialogues and can only resort to "l-le contrarian" and "everyone likes it so should you"
I'm tired of reading your garbage.
>>
>>85490410

"shit taste in dialogues"

You cannot make this shit up.
>>
>>85488335
He was actually in a fairly large portion of the movie he was in.

They didn't bother with an origin story.

Due to Nolan's predilections, this version wasn't beholden to paying tribute to past stories or portrays.
>>
>>85490423
Shitpost some more.
>>
>>85490467

Except he was heavily inspired and very in-line with Morrison's Joker. Go read Arkham Asylum and The Clown at Midnight.
>>
Ledger acted the shit out of the role. However I just can't seem to enjoy his Joker. There's something that just feels off about it.
>>
>>85489075
>fuck i cant come up with a compelling arguement... HE HAS DADDY ISSUES SO HES THE WORST JOKER!!!!

Ok anon. Leto wasn't shit, i'll get that out of the way first. I enjoyed his performance. But he was nothing like the joker. The joker is supposed to be funny. The joker is supposed to be cracking jokes and making puns. The three jokers before leto fufilled this role. Leto didnt. Its almost as if he was just going for a totally different character. He made no jokes. He created a new laugh that many werent ready for/didnt want. His main characteristic was "intimidate". Sure, every joker was intimidating, but that wasnt supposed to be all there was to him. Romero was the killer clown. Nicholson was the dark clown.
Ledger was the clown of chaos.
Leto was just... Insane crime boss. Nothing about him painted him in a clown image. All three jokers had a bag of tricks. All three of them had pun/gag/clown related tricks. Leto shot guns, had his goons shoot guns, and walked around menacingly. No tricks. No gags. No puns.

Now he was a good actor, the joker scenes saved SS in my opinion, but i along with many others just dont think he lived up to the joker name.
>>
File: tumblr_obr2gsIcxn1ss9lmto1_1280.jpg (175KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obr2gsIcxn1ss9lmto1_1280.jpg
175KB, 1280x850px
Not gay enough.
>>
>>85488335
Nolan's Joker was perfect for Nolan's universe. He drew from various interpretations while still being his own thing.

Problem i have is that normalfags think this is the defacto Joker and say shit like

>he was a brooding terrorist with a cause

Far from what i think of when the motherfucking Joker .
>>
>>85489163
You kind of are. When on the board don't go expecting a lot of self awareness, just be surprised for the times you actually run into it.
>>
>>85492210
Jewelry looks really off on Joker.
>>
>>85489402
>overwrought

I liked TDK but I gotta agree.

Look at this simple example:

>Let her go
>Oooh, very poor choice of words

Why not

>Let her go
>Okay
>>
>>85492161
No be fair the last 3 Jokers weren't side characters who got most of their shit cut out of the movie.
>>
>all this arguing
Can we all at least agree Arkhamshit Joker was the worst?
Hamill getting older is noticeable and he's neither funny nor intimidating.
>>
why is the joker such an "important" character anyway?

he's literally a standard issue bad guy batman has put away once a month for 100 years
>>
>>85492342
You're damn right. Hopefully hes around more in the upcomming bafleck movie
>>
>>85490159
>Capeshit

I'm sorry there anon, but you're on /co/, the only movies being discussed here are "capeshit". /tv/ is that way.
>>
>>85493294
And I have nothing against that.
Just saying that it's hard to find capeshit villains terrifying.
>>
>>85493320
That sounds to me to be more of a personal thing if anything. If it is a personal opinion, then obviously you aren't wrong.

However,you should recognize that other people don't have that same "limitation" and can actually feel tension created by the character that simulates fear and terror.

What it comes down to is that you didn't personally feel tension in Ledger's scenes. That's fine, but it seems the majority reaction was different.
>>
File: joker bank 2.jpg (249KB, 1024x639px) Image search: [Google]
joker bank 2.jpg
249KB, 1024x639px
>>85488591
He's basically Golden Age Joker. A dark clown based serial killer and theif whose plans get foiled by Batman, and builds up an obsession around him (wanting to kill Batman for money, later just wants to play games with him).
>>85489964
I love Ledger Joker, but jesus don't use Snyder's shit to defend him.
>>
>>85492348
Arkham Origins Joker was my favorite one. He was voiced by Troy Baker there, but Mark Hamill didn't bother me in the other games, because the Joker looks pretty old there too.
>>
>>85488750
>constantly spouts idiotic pseudo-philosophical bullshit that makes him sound like an edgy teenager and makes it impossible to take him seriously as a villain
thats like, pretty in line for Joker
>>
>>85489495
But TDK Joker was literally The Killing Joke, batman #1 and the Clown at Midnight mashed into a blender.

It was basically the first Joker story with The Killing Joke motive added and boosted to scale with The Long Halloween Threaded in there.

TDK is just Joker One Bad Daying Batman, Dent and Gotham as a whole.
>>
>>85493571
Always forgetting about Baker and Origins in general.
The game had many problems, but I liked Baker. I'd have no problem with him succeeding Hamill as THE voice of Joker even if he's just an imitating Mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqEqN17zW8s
>>
>>85492339

What? When has Joker ever just said 1 word when 6 or 7 would do? He likes to talk.
>>
>>85493732
He would be good, though I'd honestly worry about scheduling conflicts, given how prolific Baker is.
>>
>>85493732
>Don't move freak
>I think he is talking to you
hah

Game was bad, but Joker was really good
>>
>>85494558
What made the game bad?
>>
>>85494702
>worst boss fights in series
>a lot of bugs and crushes at start (well now it's ok for WB games)
>big map with nothing on it
>Ridler's challengers were bad in all games, but in that one it even worse
>Retarded Nolan tier suit
>fucking radio towers via Ubisoft shit, not telling one of it were bugged
>Story could be better
10 mill for Bat's head on Christmas eve was good start, but they fucked up further, but I guess Batman + games can't be good story
>>
>>85494876
>worst boss fights in series
All boss fights in the series are equally bad sans Freeze fight.
>>
I applaud Nolan for getting all of the Joker's goofy weapons to work in a realistic universe.

The acid flower would have been cool too, but this Joker isn't bleached so it wouldn't have fit.
>>
>>85494876
I liked the suit. I also never had any bug problems, though I didn't play the game until last year. I understand the boss fight issue, though at least it had boss fights, unlike Arkham Knight.
>>
>>85494978
Mr Freeze was top tier in game, man 2nd one was the best one.

>>85495004
>I liked the suit
Well, it just me then. I really liked his suit in 1st and 2nd
>never had any bug problems
PC or console? Well, they already patched it up, I hope
>>
trick question?
>>
>>85495106
PC. Origins is probably my favorite game of the series, but City is a close second.
>>
>>85495106
I'm generally the first to bash Arkham games' bosses, but I agree.
I wonder why they could never repeat that kind of success again.
>>
>>85495152
I haven't played Knight yet.
So it will be disappointment?
>>
>>85495152
>I wonder why they could never repeat that kind of success again.
"That trick will never work again."
>>
>>85495190
In my opinion, it has good sidequests a lot of the time, and the Predator mechanics are improved, but Combat's added complexity was unnecessary and the main story is pretty weak. And Batman is sometimes a dumbass.
>>
becuase the joker himself is a bad character so the only good version is one that doesn't resemble any others
>>
Arent BTAS Joker and Arkham Joker basically the same thing?
>>
File: The Batman Joker.jpg (38KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
The Batman Joker.jpg
38KB, 1024x767px
Not my favorite but still in my top 5
>>
>>85495244
Both are Mark Hamill's performances, but in game he can go a lil further then in cartoon
>>
>>85495287
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6zqFsYuhX4
>>
>>85495287
Thats what I mean, hes basically animated Joker except we can now show the murder.
>>
>>85488591
>its not joker, joker doesnt plan like this joker did
Do you even try to read comics
>>
>>85495263
You will get tons of shit for this.
I agree he was good. Laughing Bat was one of the best Joker stories in animated medium.
>>
>>85495387
I thought the minor changes worked at least, and yeah that was a fun episode.
>>
>>85495346
Ironically, despite being edgier I think Arkham Joker is much less scary than DCAU Joker.
I blame the tone. Remember how in Almost Got 'Im Joker gleefully says that he's planning to literally turn Catwoman into cat food? It was out of place in an overall light-hearted episode and felt disturbing.
Arkham games are always dark so nothing Joker says or does has any impact.
>>
>>85488750

>idiotic plans that only work out because of luck and everyone else being an idiot

/thread
>>
>>85488591
>Joker doesn't make grand philosophical statements
>What's the Killing Joke
>What's Arkham Asylum: A serious house on serious earth
>>
File: 1462982828134.gif (94KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1462982828134.gif
94KB, 325x244px
>>85489625

>Eye/I on the other hand

holy shit i just got this..
>>
>>85495137
>Origins
>Favorie Arkham game
Origins is the most lacking of all the Arkham games.
>>
>>85489075
>Riff Raff Joker being better than Ledger

Does anyone get an original Green Goblin vibe from Ledgers Joker with regards to how madness works
>>
File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>85488335

He wasn't the best Joker. He was the best character in the best film. But he wasn't Joker.
>>
File: IMG_0114.png (97KB, 270x260px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0114.png
97KB, 270x260px
>there are people who actually prefer HONKA HONKA Joker to TDK Joker

Holy shit this thread.
>>
>>85488335
See...a guy like me...
>>
>>85488335
not THE best joker, one of the best jokers
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.