[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

worst indie comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Funhomecover.jpg (36KB, 324x500px) Image search: [Google]
Funhomecover.jpg
36KB, 324x500px
What are the worst alternative, art and anything similar comics? I don't want to know about bad superhero comics
>>
>>85487261
Girls by The Luna Brothers, a storytime of pain staple.
>>
>>85487261
Have you read the "sequel"? It is twice as bad.
>>
>>85487313
I only heard about the play
>>
Some disgruntled cape shitter is going to post here so I might as well steal their (you)s
"All of them"
>>
Fuck all those stories written by women just sharing like a year or two of their lives
I've read like 4 or 5 of them and they all blur together
>>
austin english is the worst cartoonist ever. blaise larmee is second worst
>>
>>85487279
that's bad in a funny way
>>
>>85487383
I love them, I've read dozens and I can't remember a single one properly, like you said they all blur together. But its a wonderful kind of escapism living life vicariously through a cute indie artstyle girl.

Maybe it's just because I only leave my house twice a week.
>>
Why don't you like Fun Home OP? I read it a couple years ago and remember enjoying it.

>>85487383
Do you find autobio by males to be more memorable? Do you think it's the drawing, subject matter, etc?
>>
>>85488045
male autobiographies, at least the ones that I read, are haven't had big parts about "finding themselves" which just bugs me. I like interesting stories, but just another travel story or alt-girl being true to herself in college is depressing and boring as fuck to me. Lucy Knisley is a good one though.
>>
>>85488045
I've read like 4 female comics about traveling to Israel and all of them have felt real pretentious and the one male one was pretty awesome. Harvey Pekar is a dick though and can't stand his comic about it.
>>
>>85488355
It may be that you're also reading books by affluent women who have the time and $ to find themselves (I find Clowes and Ware's work to be like this sometimes as well too - i.e. about white collar problems.) I'd recommend Lauren Weinstein's Girl Stories for great women's autobio. I love Tammy Pierce is Unlovable too, though it's based on a found diary, not Esther Pearl Watson (the artist)'s. Also 10000 Demons by Lynda Barry might be more enjoyable for you too.

My favorite male autobio artists are Noah Van Sciver and Guy Delisle... I feel like Guy's work represents the height of what autobio can do for a reader.
>>
>>85488425
>Guy Delisle
is really good
My favorite is probably Jeffrey Brown
I feel like Knisley's relish a ton. Also My New York Diary is my favorite autobiography by a female writer.

Worst indie comic? Half of Image's stuff that'll never be finished
>>
>>85487261
Most of them.
>>
>>85487279
Came here to post this.

Everything about it is terrible and makes no sense. It somehow maintains the sense that something that justifies all the bullshit in the story will happen at some point, even though it never does, so it ends up dragging you through to the end, pissed off the entire way.

The art is basically the same as the art used in illustrated manuals to tell you how to put on a lifejacket or exit the plane in an orderly fashion in the event of an emergency.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.