[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get a job at CN I don't even want to make a cartoon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1460758794312.png (308KB, 420x480px) Image search: [Google]
1460758794312.png
308KB, 420x480px
How do I get a job at CN
I don't even want to make a cartoon
>>
you can probably get a desk job if you go through accounting or something
>>
>>85470989

die
>>
>>85470989
Check the Time Warner website, they post jobs and paid internships for CN and adult swim from time to time
>>
>>85470989
Probably something like accounts would probably be the easiest?
>>
>>85470989
you must fuck the tree fuck the tree fuck the tree fuck the tree fuck the tree fuck the tree fuck the tree fuck the tree

the child

the child..

the child..

the child...
>>
I wanna work for them and I do wanna make a cartoon.

What do I do?
>>
File: Christina_miller.jpg (61KB, 349x400px) Image search: [Google]
Christina_miller.jpg
61KB, 349x400px
The president of cartoon network is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>85472913
You can go apply for as an animator at the time warner website

>>85473043
she also makes bad decisions! BAD DECISIONS
>>
>>85475891
Oh shit really? I never knew that. It always seemed like something different
>>
>>85475891
She could still be on damage recovery left over after stu Snyder left, you never know. Some contracts are made and signed a year or two in advance.
>>
>>85472913
If you go to their site they will say that the only way to apply for positions is to use their online job application tool but I'm going to let you in on a "secret". Nobody gets hired through those things. Not just in animation, but in almost any industry. Especially with big companies like Turner. They get so many unsolicited applications every day that they'd never be able to sift through them if they wanted, which they don't. There are basically two ways to get a job making your own cartoons in a place like that.

1. Go to a prominent animation school. You don't do this to actually learn how to animate, you can do that on your own. The real reason you go there is to get in good with the instructors who, if it's a decent school, will either be ex-industry professionals or people with good industry contacts. These guys will (if you're not shit) help you make contacts in the industry and help you land internships and student positions which you can then develop into a proper job once you graduate.

2. Self produce stuff and post it online while taking any contract work you can find to build up a portfolio and reputation. Eventually if you consistently do good work you should be able to build the contacts that going to school would have given you which then gives you an entry point into the industry.

In both cases it is highly, highly, highly unlikely that you will ever be producing your own shows. The majority of animators toil in obscurity for their entire career. If you are very lucky and work hard and keep pitching material you might eventually get your shot but even then it's not a given.

Oh and I should also mention that animation is one of those industries that is terribly over saturated with young talent. There are far more people looking for work than there are jobs available and thousands of people entering the field every year. It is an extremely competitive and low paying industry.
>>
>>85478660
Good advice anon. I wonder if I'll be able to get to go to an art school

I wish it could just be interviews and portfolios but oh well.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.