[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suicide Squad Sales Pitch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 15

File: image.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PMNFaAUs2mo
>>
>>85468196
agreed
fuck this movie
>>
You know you dun goof'd when a random ugly girl on youtune BTFO's you like that
>>
None of this would have been a problem if they stuck with what SS is originally supposed to be used for, which is covert government operations where the government aren't clearly the good guys, hence need to use villains to shift accountability onto. SS shouldn't be saving the world, or doing anything overtly heroic.
>>
File: yessssssss.gif (2MB, 220x190px) Image search: [Google]
yessssssss.gif
2MB, 220x190px
>>85468196
>"Who should we get to do the costumes for our multi-million dollar movie?"
>"Well, my niece is good with papier mache and rattle cans"
>"Problem solved, hire her"
>>
>>85468328
The mission was to extract Waller which they did. They didn't send them in to fight the threat or save the day.
>>
>>85468410
Man that's bullshit. These costume showed more personality then any other superhero movie costume to date and all people can do is shit on them because it's different.
>>
>>85468328
There are stories where they save people though, but the first one shouldn't have been about that.
>>
>>85468328
One thing i want to nitpick about the movie is that it seems like the writers didnt know if they wanted to portray the government in negative light or not
Like some scenes make it seem like they're just doing shit for their own personal gain without worrying about the safety of others (like the scene where they're demonstrating enchantress' power even though Dr. June is begging not too) but at the same time the woman that comes up with the suicide idea (forgot her name) seems like she's supposed to act as an ally for everyone by the end of the film.
Also the torture(?) scenes at the beginning of the movie were fucking retarded,like they were trying SO fucking hard for the audience to feel bad for Deadshot and Quinn but it's like, they're there for a reason. Plus they had to make the guys doing it as cartoony and stupid as possible
>>
>>85468453
Just cause you're a criminal in prison doesn't mean you deserve inhumane treatment.
>>
>>85468453
>if you're in prison that means you deserve to get tortured
What the fuck anon?
>>
>>85468512
What are you, some kind of a liberal unamerican marxist hippie limb wristed commie?
>>
>>85468453
You forget Amanda Waller's name?
Jesus christ dude
>>
>>85468512
>Just cause you're a criminal in prison doesn't mean you deserve inhumane treatment.

Generally speaking yea.
When you're Harley Quinn and Deadshot it does. And Croc.
>>
>>85468442
Agreed, one thing this movie had is a distinct look. Even when I didn't like some of them (HQ), they all looked exciting. It's a shame most of them had their personalities written by a cliche robot.
>>
>>85468453
>writer didn't know if they wanted to portray the government in a negative light or not
Neither. It's the government anon, they do shady shit. Portraying that isn't writer not knowing what to do.
>>
>>85468600
Deadshot is just really good at killing people with guns for money. How does that translate to guards ganging up and beating the shit out of you on a regular badis in a black site prison that does not seem to adhere to the Geneva convention?
>>
>>85468196
wtf I hate suicide squad now
>>
>>85468600
No it doesn't. Just cause they're bad guys doesn't mean the prison guards get to tortue them.
>>
>>85468665
Because he's really good at killing people and he has no problem with doing it for personal gain.

You feed him poorly and you beat him regularly and it keeps him too weak to try anything dangerous to the guards at any given time.
>>
>>85468418
Still the Enchantress shouldn't have been the antagonist, or at least she shouldn't have been such a large threat...
>>
>um I don't know
God I hate ot when people are so focus looking for problems in movies that they completely miss the movie.
>>
>>85468742
Or it just bulid up resentment among the prisoners till they finally riot and kill all the guards.
>>
>>85468442
The "costumes" looked straight out of Scott Pilgrim, the only one in an actual superhero uniform was Deadshot, the rest of them were wearing trendy hot-topic shits, coats and hoodies.
>>
>>85468847
They look nothing like SP
>>
>>85468700
All prisoners, assuming actual guilt are bad guys, I'm talking specifically about a few irredeemable threats.

>>85468796
People in prison resent the guards any way. Riots have happened because prisoners don't feel like they're being fed properly. You're being held against your will and told what to do what you can have and when to eat. Even if you deserve it, resentment builds up. The only difference between that and guards abusing prisoners is that maybe after an investigation as to how and why the riot starts some corrections officers may be fired or brought up on charges.

And that is mainly for widespread or systematic abuse. Prisoners don't give a shit about other prisoners. You pick out a few as ones to make examples of and it's primarily a lesson to other prisoners, stay in line.
>>
>>85468933
Why do you lie?
>>
Reddit tier shit
>>
WTF is this shit. Stop posting your lame ass videos here, this ain't Tumblr and nobody wants to see your ugly ass.
>>
>>85469036
You see, this is the problem with the movie.

They're not really "bad" guys, they're just missunderstood fellons, but stuff like Harley murdering Robin, Deadshot murderien hundreds, Croc eating people, Boomerang robbing every back in Australia, el diablo murdering women and children among other gang antics...

IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT, they're are actually good parents, want to be loved or like pink unicorns... The movie is scared to show you how much evil these criminals actually have inside!
>>
>>85469036
There isn't gonna be a investigation, the prison is a blacksite, it officially doesn't exist.
>>
>>85468196
Decent points but go shill your youtube channel somewhere else love.
>>
>>85469047
Why are you?
>>
>>85469114
>this ain't Tumblr
Yes the fuck it is.
>>
>>85469123
>it's not their fault
Except the movie never said that or even implied it, that's just something you pulled out your ass.
>>
>>85468196
That's the best Amanda Waller yet.
>>
>>85469126
FUCK YOU'RE RIGHT.
I was just generalizing average prisons.
They'll just kill the more aggressive rioters and then start fresh tomorrow.
>>
>>85468196
TELL THAT TO ZOD'S SNAPPED NECK!
>>
>>85469036
>but anon what if they're really really bad?
No you still don't get to torture them.
>>
You can't advertise your videos here
>>
>Movie made 400 million WW so fat and number one for a second week.

Is this why I am seeing all thus salt and butthurt from internet autists?
>>
>>85469149
Look at this shit

jackets, jeans, tshirts, daisy-dukes, beany caps, hoodies, sportjackets, coats.... They almost look like Ramona's evil exes, part 2. if she was to be older.

This isn a superhero/comic costume party, it's something any kid has on their closet.

The only ones in costume are Deadshot (who only uses his mask once), Rick Fag (Duur military uniform so roginal) explodinghead guy (more military uniforms lol) the villain of he movie and ofc Katana, who's barely in the film at all and does nothing anyway.

The Incredibles had more original superhero costumes than this shit.
>>
>>85469217
Not legally.
>>
>>85468196
hey cutie, wanna watch SS together sometime? we can also talk more about your youtube career.
>>
>>85469260
Well Rick Flagg is military anon. He's not gonna be in spandex.
>>
>>85469255
DC literally is the Trump of Cape movies.
http://www.avclub.com/article/weekend-box-office-suicide-hotline-bling-240763
>>
>>85469260
>a military guy in a military uniform
Shocker
>>
File: krusty_chowing.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
krusty_chowing.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>85469260
Will Smith looks like one of those "enthusiast" airsofters that still continue to play their stupid dress-up game after the age of 15.
>>
>>85469260
>WAH WAH THESE AREN'T THE SAME OLD GENERIC SHIT THAT GETS PEDDLE IN MOVIES
>WAH THESE COSTUMES ACTUALLY DO THEIR FUCKING JOB AND HIGHLIGHT THE CHARACTER'S PERSONALITY
WAH
>>
>>85469260
The movie had alot of problems, but this is just straw grasping.
>>
>>85469175
DCasual please

>Deadshot isn't bad! he just wants money for his daughter, make sure to slam that point across the whole movie from prologue to epilogue!
>Boomeran isn't a crazy alcoholic, just sone funny guy who loves unicorns
>All Harley wanted was Jared Leto to build a perfect family with her, she's not evuuuul in fact she's so good, she will come back to help you out of the goodnes in her heart even if her nanite bomb is disabled!
>Poor El Diablo, he was the finest mexican gang member ever, he can bond with you for 15 minutes and already will think of you as family and sacrifice himself for you!
>Croc just wants a big TV and people to don't call him ugly, he didn't eat people to be bad!

If anything I expected one origina thing out of the DCEU and it was a villain movie, but they were afraid to deliver it, they just coated these guys in some "crazy" paint and delivered a GOTG knockoff, because god forbid the audience goes to see a movie with actual rotten villains as the lead characters, nu-uh, they can't really be bad or kids won't buy toys.
>>
>>85468196
>marveldrone
>ponyfag

no
>>
>>85469260
What the fuck do you want them to wear lad. The only one who could probably be improved is Harley and that's only because I don't know why you'd go on a government mission in those dumbass heels.

El Diablo and Croc are usually portrayed as shirtless so I don't see how giving them jackets suddenly takes away their comicbook feel. Slipknots comic costume is dumb as shit and considering he's hardly in it, tactical gear works fine for a guy who's skill set is climbing things.
>>
>>85469382
>WAH WAH WAH
Penguin pls.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>85469382
>Generic clothing is not generic!
Boy you're right, every comicbook movie character should dress in jeans and t-shirts now

I bet you think this is the BEST Spidey outfit in films
>>
>>85469421
The only one you have an actual case is croc cause that's his character in the comic. Everything else is just you being a fucking retard.
>>
>>85469421
We live in a call-out culture atmosphere where villains can't act like villains. Slipknot was literally in the movie for 5 minutes and critics bitched about his misogyny as well Margot Robbie's for daring to wear short shorts.
>>
File: suicide_squad_zpspf51vowq[1].jpg (147KB, 1000x421px) Image search: [Google]
suicide_squad_zpspf51vowq[1].jpg
147KB, 1000x421px
>>85469434
What the fuck do you want them to wea

the costumes they wear in comics, is that too hard to grasp?

Marvel has a dude that dresses like an Ant, two rocking huge capes and another wrapped in the american flag. How are jeans and t-shirts better for a COMICBOOK movie?
>>
File: suicide_spiderman.png (573KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
suicide_spiderman.png
573KB, 848x480px
>So that's it, huh? You saying we some kinda suicide squad and shit?
>>
>>85469421
>Deadshot isn't bad
Yeah he is. Just cause he loves his daughter doesn't mean he isn't bad. See that's your problem right there, your idea of is so juvenile that you wanted irredeemable monsters but that's not how bad guys are in real life. They have loved ones and people they care about but they still do bad things.
>>
>>85469496
It's not genric though, these costumes are all distinct and unique.
>>
>>85469511
>The only one actually evil is Croc
If you think so, it's you who should be reading more comics instead fag
>>
>>85468328
>H-he killed the kids?!?!
>I don't kill women and children
such villains
>>
>>85469565
Ant-man isn't dressed like an ant though and Captain America isn't wearing the flags.
>>
>>85469620
Even Scarface didn't kill children.
>>
>>85468453
what are you? 12?
>>
>>85469583
>Baaaw why do you want them to be monsters

Because that is the WHOLE point of the SS. They're evil fuckers, hence they are expendable, no one is gonna cry if Deadshot gets killed in some mission, because he was a heartless hitman in the first place, the whole "Batman is bad because he put me in a cell away from Jayden" is hamfisted BS from a ball-less movie too scared to portray the bad guys as bad as they actually are in the comics.
>>
>>85469620
Most criminals hate kid killers.
>>
>>85469421
It just showed they were not stereotypical, evil for the sake of evil cackling one-note Saturday morning cartoon villains, and instead had entirely human, though twisted sides to them. Like you know, normal people are more complex than a few lines of bullet point characteristics. None of them were ever portrayed as misunderstood, and Chato was the only one with a redemption arc and that was just because he felt guilt over killing his family to a point he tried to be a pacifist. Deadshot even says he doesn't feel any remorse about being a hired killer.
>>
>>85469593
>those defeatist headlines
problematic keks
>>
>>85469655
See you fucked up cause now I know you didn't read the goddam comics. Ostrander made damn sure we understood that these people are not monsters but human beings.
>>
>>85469599
>Jeans and shirts are not generic!

I bet if you stand in times-square for 10 minutes you'll be shocked at how distinct and unique everyones clothing is!
>>
>>85469565
But anon those costumes fucking suck.

I would rather they wear outfits made up of "normal" clothes that are also neat designs that highlight their individual personalities than stupid spandex bullshit that looks like crap just because it's what they wore in the comics.

>How are jeans and t-shirts better for a COMICBOOK movie?

No one wears just jeans and a t-shirt in the movie but there are two characters in your image that do you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>85469565
You go on about these Marvel costumes yet they were too afraid to stick a purple mask on Zemo, or give Scarlet Witch a tiara, or give Hawkeye his mask. Because guess what anon, some shit just doesn't work in live action without looking dumb as fuck, no matter how hard you try. You have to respect both the source material and the audience so giving Slipknot whatever the fuck he's wearing in your picture isn't going to work next to Deadshot and Flagg.

And as I said before, Croc and El Diablo are usually portrayed shirtless wearing casual pants. I don't see how sticking a hoodie on a crocodile man suddenly make the movie loose it's comic book feel.
>>
>>85469698
>2deep4u
Riiight, I was wondering how long DCfags were gonna take to use that argument to defent SS
>>
>>85469655
you sir, are a fucking retarded. Floyd has had the same father daughter relationship in the comics. It's one of the one or two aspects of the character that shows he is not completely dead inside.
>>
>>85469710
I'm sure I will. Fashion is about style and expressing yourself so I'm bound to find someone with a unique style.
>>
>>85469708
Only in his comic. Other writers had used these villains to do all kinds of fucked up shit, or are we gonna say anythyng not wrote by him is not-canon?
>>
>>85469732
what part of his post was reeked of "2deep4u"? Good fucking god, even Marvel movies are too smart for you.
>>
>>85468743
why not?

the first vol of SS had them fight one of Darkseids goons
>>
>>85469659
Okay, i guess that makes sense... i still laughed through all the movie of stuff i shouldn't be laughing...
>Enchantress fights the squad with swords after breaking a military ship into with thunder
>>
>>85469260
>Look at this shit
I am and all those costumes have way more personality than any other Superhero costume.
>>
It's cool that you dc keks liked this movie, but please know that it's a terrible movie and you have shit taste.
>>
>>85469601
I'm saying that Croc is the only one whose actions are not entirely his fault.
>>
>>85469864
>DC keks
That's DChads to you, mouseketeer. Now fuck off & restitch my polo shirts. >>85469333
>>
>>85469788
But the first issues weren't. In any case, that doesn't mean we need to go big. I'm tired of the large-scale bullshit in these films, and I think thematically, the first SS film would be better as a small, political film, a la the Mission to Moscow storyline in the original run.
>>
>>85469946
No, it's DCkeks because the characters you defend are literal cucks HONKA HONKA
>>
Why didn't they just adapt the Jihad arc is all i want to know. Using the Enchantress for the whole A-plot of the movie falls flat on it's face because it doesn't show why the Squad really exists, or give the individual members anything to really do. Also doesn't expand the world at all, really.
>>
>>85469864
Thank heavens we have people with good taste such as yourself on the Internet to tell us that.
>>
>>85469975
How could he be a cuck if he shot him? it's astronomically more likely that he was teasing him with Harley, because the guy knows if he touches her Joker will murder the shit out of him. Harley was basically a loaded gun for him to wave around and recklessly threaten people with.
>>
>>85469593
>Suicide Squad is the Donald Trump of superhero movies

What the fuck how does that make any sense.
>>
>>85470095
Because it's sexist and racist.
>>
/co/ has links to comics in one thread
every other thread is links to webcomics and idiots who don't read comics criticizing them
every image is just taken from imgur or reddit folders about cartoons or made by people who don't know comics
this is more of a social media link site
>>
>>85470132
But it's just a run-of-the-mill bad movie.

The strongest character in the film is an overweight black woman.
>>
>>85470132
it's neither sexist or racist
modern critics are judging movies off their liberal (or other) views, not the quality of the movie
>harley's sexualized, bad movie
>she's in an abusive relationship, bad movie
>deep character who's caught between passion and friendship, lets just be oblivious to it
>>
>>85470132
How is it racist?
And how is the movie itself sexist?
>>
>>85470221
Yeah but she is also a mean lady so
>Racist
>>
>>85469723
>too afraid to stick a purple mask on Zemo
Wouldn't make sense this early.
>or give Scarlet Witch a tiara
The concept designer did each movie, but Whedon poisoned the well making her afraid of the tiara. You can thank your SJW Shitlord Whedon for that.
>or give Hawkeye his mask.
Ultimates look.
>>
>>85470302
Well it's racist because Katana and El diabolo and it's sexist because Harley quinn and the enchantress.
>>
>>85470221
It's a movie that still succeeds regarding Box Office draw more than it deserves despite the everyone & their dog loathing it. Like Donald Trump.

Not saying there is a conspiracy, but some critics just go out of their way to hate the damn movie if AVClub is anything to go on.
>>
>>85469808
in two*
>>
>>85470302
Well the argument goes like this
>El Diabolic is a gangbanger so racist
>Katana uses Katana so that's racist
>Slipknot dies so that's racist against first nation people
>Deadshot is a black guy who shoots people so that's racist
>Croc likes BET so that's also racist
>>
This movie fucking sucked.
>>
>>85470340
>Well it's racist because Katana and El diabolo
it would be racist if they depicted every asian/hispanic like that, but it didn't
right next to el diablo there's a hispanic soldier who isn't el gangstero
>and it's sexist because Harley quinn and the enchantress.
that just doesn't make sense

have people lost all ability to tell what is racist and what isn't? is this what sjw's have done to you? brainwashed you to think any depiction of a race that isn't absolutely positive is racism? that history and life is racist?
>>
>>85470394
>>El Diabolic is a gangbanger so racist
Are Latinos too stupid to be gangbangers?
>>Katana uses Katana so that's racist
Do Asians not have strong enough hands to use swords?
>>Slipknot dies so that's racist against first nation people
Do Indians not die?
>>Deadshot is a black guy who shoots people so that's racist
Are black people unable to be good at shooting people because of the color of their skin?
>>Croc likes BET so that's also racist
Since when can a reptile not watch tv?
>>
>>85470407
Well you see Harley quin. Normalizes abusive relationships and Enchantress is a damsel in distress.
>I should clarify that these are not my own opinions
>>
>>85468196
god this girl is fucking retarded, several of the things she said were explained in the movie, jesus christ did this retard even saw the movie more than once before doing this?

i couldn't even get to half the video, she is fucking moronic.
>>
>>85470394
>>Deadshot is a black guy who shoots people so that's racist
everyone he kills in the movie is a bad guy
>mafioso
>random monsters
>>
>>85470500
What do you expect her to do anon, watch and pay attention to the movie she's complaining about?
>>
>>85468328
this

SS is a secret spec ops, not justice league2.0
>>
>>85470394
Fast & Furious is a billion dollar racist franchise then because those fuckers are minorities stealing vehicles.
>>
>>85470500
>did this retard even saw the movie more than once

>Seeing this movie more than once
>Being a retard
Pick two, retard.
>>
>>85470500
For what is worth, there are thousands of dc fans on the internet acting way more retarded
>>
>>85470533
Yeah but he is also a bad guy so
>Racist
>>
>>85469382
> HIGHLIGHT THE CHARACTER'S PERSONALITY

>>85469599
>It's not genric though, these costumes are all distinct and unique.

If you didn't know anything about the movie or the characters, and asked I you to look at the group shots and said "which one is captain boomerang?" would you be able to tell me correctly who that was?
>>
>>85470466
>>I should clarify that these are not my own opinions
Please stop spreading them, then. This ignorance needs to be fucking quarantined. Harley doesn't normalize shit, she exists as an outlier, and there's only signs of abusiveness in her relationship in one scene.
>enchantress is a damsel in distress
the world conquering sorceress? or do you mean june moon?
it's a classic trope, and it doesn't mean women are unable to do shit on their own (there's like three other women in the movie who are spectacularly independent)
>>
>>85470340
Funny how the people complaining about El Diablo and Katana being racist are white women.

Meanwhile Jay Hernandez (who happens to be Latino himself) has been preaching how he's happy to finally portray a Latino comic book character that actually does something in a movie.
>>
>>85470597
>If you didn't know anything about the movie or the characters, and asked I you to look at the group shots and said "which one is captain boomerang?" would you be able to tell me correctly who that was?
his shirt does say Captain and he is holding a boomerang

so hopefully
>>
>>85470597
Well, my first guess would be the japanese girl with a sword.
>>
>>85470394
>>85470533

& this right here is why no one makes movies with minority leads unless they're The Rock Or Idris Ebola.
>>
>>85470647
>Karen Fukahara playing Captain Boomerang
That would be too fuking cute.
>>
>>85470634
You can't see any of that in the mentioned picture.
>>
>>85470597
The first time I saw these costumes I was able to guess nearly all the characters correctly. The only one I got wrong was slipknot amd that was because the picture was low res so I couldn't see the ropes.
>>
>>85470634
>>85470783
I honestly would have just assumed it was a knife at first glance
>>
>>85469583
In the movie Deadshoot said he only kills other criminals and only men. That's not Deadshot.
>>
>>85469659
Harley Quinn helped kill Robin so there goes your theory.
>>
>>85468442

You are so full of shit. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>85470500
>doesn't explain how she's wrong
>didn't even finish watching it
DCucks are the most sensitive people on the planet
>>
WAH WAH WHY DONT YOU LIEK MUH SUICIDE SKWAD
>>
>>85468287
i think she is kinda cute
>>
>>85470864
Women aren't judged just as harshly for committing the same crimes as men? That can't be, I just don't believe you.
>>
>>85470597
>If you don't know anything about this semi-obscure comic book franchise, would you be able to identify one of its characters

I'm not seeing your point. If you lined up all the Lord of the Rings characters to someone who's never read the books or watched the movies to identify Aragorn, I doubt they'd be able to do it.
>>
>>85468600
>>85468665
>>85468742
>>85468796
>>85469036

Deashot may kill people for money but he's just a bad guy killing bad guys since he seems to be hired mostly to take out gang bosses and gangbangers by their rivals.
>>
>>85468442
>These costume showed more personality then any other superhero movie costume to date
Yeah because Ayer had to write a bunch of shit on the character's bodies like "Daddy's little monster" and "damaged" and "666" because he's terrible at characterization.
>>
>>85470634
Not in the group shot he's not, and you cant read his dumb jacket under his big guy coat
>>
>>85470912
Women child killers are judged very hard, what are you talking about?
>>
>>85470864
Robin wasn't a kid. Anything over 15 is fair game.
>>
>>85470961
I would still know Captain Boomerang just by hiw much of a bogan he looks like.
>>
>>85470961
Speaking of Big Guys, why do people keep saying Jai Courtney felt like a discount Tom Hardy in the movie? I don't really see it.
>>
>>85470976
In the U.S. if you're under 18 you're considered a minor, and killing a minor is capital murder.
>>
File: killer-croc.jpg (705KB, 2175x3300px) Image search: [Google]
killer-croc.jpg
705KB, 2175x3300px
Was I in the minority of wanting a cool Killer Croc? I know he had a minor role, but...
>I'm bootiful
Damn.
>>
>>85471061
Well she didn't kill him, The Joker did.
>>
Shame this movie has killed any chance of the franchise ever blowing up.

Suicide Squad works brilliantly for a big budget, gritty TV serial that has a rotating cast every season.
>>
>>85468442

If by costumes, you mean regular clothes.
>>
>>85471103
no possible way they could have cast Björnsson to play him?
i just wanted croc to be huge and imposing.
>>
>>85471008
I'm not that guy, I think Jai did a good job, and the scene where he tricks Slipknot into testing the neck-bombs was the most boomerang thing in the movie.

I just think half the costumes are horrible.
>>
>>85470972
>what are you talking about?

I'm talking about the severity with which they are judged in comparison to men convicted of the same or similar crimes. And not just by the legal system but society in general.
>>
>>85471239
Literally any 7'0" guy with a muscle shirt would do.But we have a fatty manlet croc
>>
Cute video but all of these issues are actually answered in the movie.
>>
>>85471061
I don't know if DCEU Robin is a minor rho. I'm presuming not but his age could've been reveled in some supplemental material.
>>
>>85471192
Regular clothes that does a better job at doing what Costumes are actually meant for.
>>
>>85471144
The fuck are you even talking about? A sequel is pretty much assured at this point.
>>
>>85471596
>assured

Lol, after WW and JL flop, nothing will be assured
>>
>>85468328
Agreed.

>>85468418
But they made a public show of it. They weren't doing anything covert at all.

The worst part was when they all fight a bunch of faceless mooks that are OK to kill because they're zombies or something. No spy shit, no unique roles, no heist style plan, just fight their way to Waller.

And of course there was no political/international affairs slant to it because studios have no balls anymore.

The whole plot felt like something heavily modified by executives for mass market and international appeal.
>>
>>85470615
Even more funny is the film has been a hit with women and minority audience. Its almost as if sjw types don't know what the fuck they're talking about or something
>>
>>85471632
Oh I get it. So you switch the goal post to future movies after SS success, yet you still don't have a leg to stand on since SS was a success and money means sequel.
>>
>>85471596
Really? I was under the impression it only did well it's first 2 or 3 days after opening and everything after has been consistently downhill. i mean that with all the poor reviews, A sequel doesn't seem that likely to me.

Like with Supes, Bats, and Wondy the popularity of the characters might warrant sequals even if their initial performances aren't great. I believe they'll try to spin a Harley solo. But another SS? I don't know.
>>
>>85468328
but their first mission was killing a creation of Darkseid, Brimstone.
>>
>>85471782
Movie already did 400 million and is still in the top spot for a second weekend.
>>
>>85471677
>they made a public show
There's no one around.
>>
>>85471766
It's not a success yet, and the poor critical reception along with the B cinemascore means that a sequel has minimal chances of doing better. The movie was frontloaded, don't forget.
>>
>>85469260
Diablo looks a lil too dressed 2bh. Also they should've just left croc shirtless.
>>
>>85468418
>The mission was to extract Waller which they did.
That still seems like a waste though. Why bother with the plausible deniability team of morally reprehensible expendable assets for "rescue of government official"?

Couldn't you just get Seal Team 6 or something?
>>
>>85471954
>it's not a success yet
Based on what are you saying this?
>>
>>85471782
>Really? I was under the impression it only did well it's first 2 or 3 days after opening and everything after has been consistently downhill. i
Britfag cinema worker here, it did solid business every day for the last week especially considering it's up against Dory and Bourne. It's only really fallen off in the last few days.
>>
>>85471990
Based on that it needs over 600 million to make a profit that justifies the huge amount spent on it.

You have to take into account that there are only 2 companies in the world that can finance their own blockbusters and none of them is WB.
>>
>>85471890
Yea, that seems good enough.
I mean I don't know what it cost to make but it doesn't seem anywhere near MoS or BvS levels of effects.

I hope the sequel has a series of members getting killed at the beginning.
>>
>>85468583
MCUcks don't read comics.
>>
>>85470914

That's almost right, but we're dealing with two different animals here.

In LotR, you look at the humans and you can see that they're warriors. In the publicity shots, Aragorn has a a big fancy sword, and a bomb and a quiver. He could be a rogue or a ranger or a mercenary, but he's a fighter. He's also hiding the fact that he's the king, so if I told you to pick the king, you'd probably pick Boromir, and that's ok, its in service of the story.

If I asked you to tell me who was "legolas the elf, gandalf the wizard and gimli the dwarf" you'd get those right easily because their costumes are distinct and play into the general idea of what they do.

For the individual hobbits you'd be fucked until they go their own ways, but you can still tell they aren't warriors, and thats in service of the story too. The only one with a sword is Frodo, sam has pots and pans, mary and pippin have dainty knit fucking scarves.

But for a cape movie, where the most important thing about a character is their powers, the costume has to say something about them. Especially in dimly little, shakey fight scenes
>>
>>85472052
>2 companies in the world that can finance their own blockbusters
Laika and Disney?
>>
>>85472143
Disney and Fox.

Pretty much everyone else has to find investors to do blockbusters.
>>
>>85468196
JENNY HAD HER CHANCE!

> downvoted
>>
>>85469123
>Digger never says anything racist even though he's with a Japanese woman, black man, and a croc because if he did you might accidentally think he's a bad guy
>>
>>85469788
>why not?

Because Enchantress wasn't that good of a villain. They should have just kept her as a member of the squad or just not have her at all.
>>
>>85471103

Lemme aks you sumthin. Why is the character so racist? Was it similar to comic KC?
>>
>>85470597
>>85472130
Slipknot, Enchantress, Katana, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc and El Diablo would be obvious to anyone, even people who've never heard of any of these characters.

Deadshot might make people hesitate only for a second, since there are two dudes with guns, but I would bet most people would edge toward Will Smith because of his more outlandish outfit.

People might be stumped on Rick Flagg, but if you asked them "the army guy" or "the only one who's not a supervillain" then they would definitely guess right.

That leaves Captain Boomerang, who by sheer process of elimination people would definitely get, and even if they didn't he still has an outfit different from everyone else and he has the most unique weapon, so no one would mistake him for anyone else.
>>
>>85472379
Man can you imagine the outrage if there actually was racism in the movie.

The SJWs already mad about the incredibly racists things like 'a black man shooting guns', 'a Japanese lady using a katana' and let's not forgot the most racist thing of all, 'crocodile man watching television.'
>>
This movie was such a disjointed clusterfuck that it pretty much made me give up on DC live-action films. The only decent portions were Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne.

All WB has to do is consult with the staff that did the Timm-Dini cartoons as well as the slew of direct-to-DVD animated films. Fucking Assault on Arkham blew Suicide Squad out of the water.

As for Jared Leto's Joker, there really wasn't any dark humor or maleficent mischief from his take.
>>
>>85472379
Alleged cut scenes had him hitting on Katana in a sorta racist way. I can buy it, watching the movie I get the feel that Boomerang and Katana had a lot more interactions than shown.
>>
>>85468328
Absolutely this.

Although some of her points are retarded.

>"Why would we send in this guy who can shoot really, really well instead of just anyone else?"

Because he can shoot really, really fucking well? Like his aim is literally inhuman.

>>85468442
I do agree with this. Costume design was excellent.
>>
>>85472130
>In the publicity shots, Aragorn has a a big fancy sword, and a bomb and a quiver
Great. now I'm just picturing Viggo Mortensen holding a big cartoon bomb over his head like Link.
>>
>>85468328
This so much.

What I find even more odd is that this direction is something Ayer would be better suited for and, I think, could genuinely pull off instead of an 'end of the world' type event.
>>
File: deadshot 1950.jpg (34KB, 700x599px) Image search: [Google]
deadshot 1950.jpg
34KB, 700x599px
>>85470934
Originally (like, 1950s originally) he as a murderous anti-hero who dressed like Arsene Lupin.
>>
>>85469698
>, though twisted sides to them
Which you never.fucking.see.
>>
>>85473162
Dapper as fuck, 10/10 would team up with Gentleman Ghost
>>
File: screwthat.jpg (71KB, 335x478px) Image search: [Google]
screwthat.jpg
71KB, 335x478px
It would have been better if Doctor June had died. The movie shouldn't have had any sort of happy ending.
>>
>>85470399
Kill your self
>>
>>85473362
>The 'bad guys' all get a reward
>The good guy looses all his friends and his girlfriend

Brutal
>>
File: CpV08yFVMAEB1lR.jpg (165KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CpV08yFVMAEB1lR.jpg
165KB, 768x1024px
>>85473362
>Slipknot is dead
i'm still crying bros ;_;
>>
File: 1444401771897.png (958KB, 664x972px) Image search: [Google]
1444401771897.png
958KB, 664x972px
>>85469708
>Boomerang
>not a monster
He was almost completely irredeemable and only got away with it because he was the incompetent comic relief.

Also Ravan.
>>
>>85469583
>Just cause he loves his daughter doesn't mean he isn't bad.
But past that,what,one hit in a flash back and him saying "Oh yeah, I shoot so many people" you never SEE that side of him in the movie. You are told of bad things he's done, but with how he acts in the movie it might as well just be Will Smith being himself. Same with Harley and the rest. Fuck, Waller does more evil shit then they do in one scene then they do the whole movie.
>>
>>85469565
But anon, the designs in the movie are similar to the designs in the New Suicide Squad comic.
>>
>>85473474
all those rope tricks he learned

like tears in the wind
>>
>>85470830
>Deadshoot said he only kills other criminals
No he didn't.
And he threatens to to kill flag like twice.
>Deadshoot
>>
>>85473758
>No he didn't.
Yes he did, during the bar scene.

>And he threatens to to kill flag like twice.
He threatens everybody and never does anything.
>>
>>85473758
>threatens
12 year olds on Xbox live do that all the time
>>
>>85471677
>faceless mooks
Like every movie?
>>
>>85472700
>The only decent portions were Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne.
If anything proves that people only have consensus opinions at this point its this.
>>
>>85473902
>Literally faceless rock? monsters
That way we don't have to show all that icky blood
>>
>>85473451
That would have been new at least.

Even the Kick-Ass movies and Deadpool had happy endings.
>>
>>85473849
He said doesn't kill women or children. He didn't say he only killed bad guys.
>>
I ain't clicking that, nigger.
>>
>about to click link
>picture of a girl making a goofy face with problem glasses

you know what...I'm not going to watch this. If we are being honest Suicide Squad is basically just as bad as the other 14 Comic Book flicks that came out this summer

>bbbbbbut civil war was good
its not. Its fun if you like comic books, but its a legitimately poorly made film at basically every level even by the standard of Mindless Summer Blockbusters
>>
>>85474617
>bucky murdered tony's parents
>cap knew about it but didn't tell him
>big fight breaks out
>tony tries to kill bucky
>actually dramatic for once
>tony loses
>"you don't deserve it! my father made that shield!"
>cap throws shield away
>holy shit
>how will their friendship ever recover?
>cut to ending
>rhodey not dead
>alive and quipping
>cap and tony already become pen pals
>will be friends again in the next one
>>
>>85474813
>cap and tony already become pen pals

This was about as retarded as say....two guys stop fighting because their mothers had the same name.
>>
File: 1366180382.gif (2MB, 200x113px) Image search: [Google]
1366180382.gif
2MB, 200x113px
>>85468196
>it's a youtube """""""""""""""""""critic""""""""""""""""""" episode
>>
>>85473222
deadshot rejects the hallucination of his daughter to not kill and kills enchantress, and he would rather kill batman than see his daughter
That's kinda twisted
>>
>>85474853
>deflecting to DC for no reason
BvS was complete shit and was the last chance for the DCEU to be good but come on now.
>>
>>85468196

>autistic 7/10 fem btfo suicide squad
>>
File: 1464277090820.png (720KB, 986x553px) Image search: [Google]
1464277090820.png
720KB, 986x553px
>>85474905
anons on 4chan throughout every board are so thirsty for youtube critics/ecelebs to validate whatever issue they have regarding any subject of their board, that they'll resort to posting youtube videos of children to for vindication.

You're all so....DAMAGED
>>
>>85468196
r u self promoting
>>
>>85470329
>>too afraid to stick a purple mask on Zemo
>Wouldn't make sense this early.
Goes to cold as fuck middle of nowhere Winter Soldier Facility, and they don't take the time to give him a fucking purple, full face, ski mask. Missed Opportunity.
>>
I just got back from seeing it for the first time. It wasnt as nearly as bad as everyone saying it is. Was it amazing? No but it was still a good movie.

Needed way more moments of Deadshot being a badass and Captain Boomerang was just a waste of space. Katana needed more to her character than "talented japanase samurai chick" and Echantress being the villian was kind of eh.
Still I wasnt pissed when it was over like I was with BvS.
>>
File: DCEU.png (501KB, 625x391px) Image search: [Google]
DCEU.png
501KB, 625x391px
>>85475427
>Was it amazing? No but it was still a good movie.
>>
>>85473902
>Like every movie?
This isn't an excuse.
>>
>>85468196
Getting real sick of this anti DC rhetoric constantly being spewed out by the media
>>
Waller kills all her staff?
...seriously?
>>
>>85478385
Some random youtube person isn't the media.
>>
>>85478447
Waller was great.
>>
>>85478492
Media and Social Media are become more intertwined by the day.

This shit will go viral and you just also know that various sites are going to publish articles and reports about how a women dismantled the entire premise of Suicide Squad and how DC needs to go back to the drawing boards.
>>
>>85472676
Considering that one of Boomerbutt's primary character traits in the run was that he was sorta racist (not "gas the kikes" racist, more "thinks black jokes are funny" racist)... hell, that was his deal. He wasn't crazy like Enchantress or psychotic like Deadshot. He was just a total prick with no respect.
>>
>>85476653
>How dare anybody like things they aren't supposed to!!!!!!
>>
>>85478732
Sad thing is you're probably right.
>>
>>85478732
>Digg
http://digg.com/video/suicide-squad-pitch-meeting?amp=true
>>
>>85473602
>Ayer didn't even asked him to learn any rope tricks
>Adam Beach just got really into the character
Thread posts: 225
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.