[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of the work of Ralph Bakshi?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: RalphBakshiJan09.jpg (217KB, 560x466px) Image search: [Google]
RalphBakshiJan09.jpg
217KB, 560x466px
What do you think of the work of Ralph Bakshi?
>>
File: fritz_the_cat_poster-vhs-cover.jpg (343KB, 1073x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fritz_the_cat_poster-vhs-cover.jpg
343KB, 1073x1600px
>>85465478
He turned people into furries.
>>
Never seen any of his movies. If I were to watch just one, which one would you recommend?
>>
File: tmp_17516-american_pop-15357724.jpg (81KB, 497x755px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_17516-american_pop-15357724.jpg
81KB, 497x755px
>>85465575
American Pop.
>>
>>85465671
Doesn't Lou Reed play the main character in that movie?
>>
I think he's kind of a hack. No sense of economy whatsoever in his big budget attempts, he ran out of money making an LotR film and released it anyway and consistently fails to understand his own art form.

Animation history is nonetheless indebted to him anyway, even if most of his work is garbage but even he didn't deserve to have entire sequences of his LotR ripped off by Jackson's big budget trilogy.
>>
>>85465772
Not quite. One of the main characters is basically Lou Reed in everything but name though.
>>
File: IMG_0001_2.jpg (226KB, 1600x1199px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0001_2.jpg
226KB, 1600x1199px
>>85465478
I honestly like his work.
Wizards would be my favorite film of his
>>
This scared the fuck out of me when I was a kid.
>>
>>85465575
Heavy Traffic. It's not his best (that'd probably be Wizards?) but I think it's great.
>>
>>85465575
>>85466058
>>
Dadrock movies.
>>
Coonskin is actually a really good movie.

No it's not a racist movie, sorry stormcucks
>>
I appreciate him trying to break new ground with animation, but he's just not a very talented director.
>>
He has more vision than talent, but I love his vision.
>>
>>85467210
for tumblr crowd, the movie IS racist
>>
>>85465478
He's damn good although just about everything from his style to humor is incredibly polarizing.
>>
>>85465478
I think Sausage Party was his best achievement.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.