[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worth owning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 373385.png (828KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
373385.png
828KB, 1680x1050px
Worth owning?
>>
Every year we go farther from the light, more so.
>>
>>85463644
ehh ...
>>
>>85463667
so, no?
>>
>>85463644

I fell in love with the first few paperback volumes, but about half-way through it went full retard with the politics, it would have been WAY more interesting if it focused on the sci-fi aspect of things, I loved the alien-trans people and their struggles, the cryogenically frozen people struggling to survive, the crazy custom reservation biomes, the people evolving into sentient atoms. All of those were the best parts of the comic, it should have been more about that kind of stuff instead of the political garbage...
>>
>>85463644
Buy the first volume, if you like it buy the next.
>>
>>85464168
Eh Spider was heavily based on Hunter S. Thompson so politics was an inevitability.

Still loved it to the end, but I agree the sci-fi parts were by far the most interesting.
>>
>>85463644
Hell yes
Its good.
>>
>>85463644
Fuck yes it is. One of the first comics /co/ recommended to me back int he day. First comic I ever owned the complete run of.
>>
File: Transmetropolitan_13_p21.jpg (61KB, 461x499px) Image search: [Google]
Transmetropolitan_13_p21.jpg
61KB, 461x499px
>>85464168

It didn't go full retard, its a direct commentary on modern politics and in what kind of horrid mess they will devolves if we let corrupts scum tell whats what, like how it is nowadays. Also it has been about politics since the very first act, only it was more on the ''local'' level with all the shit going on at the precinct with the lawyers briding the xenos not to tell everybody else the cops were coming to kick their shit in and get things going with provocateurs, the cops freeing and literally helping suspects just to start shit and promote some ulterior political motives, etc etc.

To be quite honest I was startled by the similarities between the Smiler and Obama, it felt surreal, even more so knowing the book was written long before Obama was even in the spotlight. He even has the same soulless smile.
>>
I fucking loved it and bought the whole series
>>
>>85464168
>about half-way through it went full retard with the politics
>>
>>85463644
Only if you're still a teenager.
>>
File: Tony Blair.jpg (58KB, 427x594px) Image search: [Google]
Tony Blair.jpg
58KB, 427x594px
>>85465038
>To be quite honest I was startled by the similarities between the Smiler and Obama, it felt surreal, even more so knowing the book was written long before Obama was even in the spotlight. He even has the same soulless smile.
>>
>>85466936
Steven universe cancer thread is the other way, champ.
>>
>>85466936
Or browsed /co/ back when Dr. Sivana posted regularly.
>>
>>85466936
every single comic published is for teenagers .
>>
>>85466936
>this comic book isn't mature enough for my adult taste

Cartoons and comics are for kids, anon, get over yourself
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.