[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Villains who were more sympathetic than their opponents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: Michael-Shannon-as-Genera-008.jpg (30KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Michael-Shannon-as-Genera-008.jpg
30KB, 460x276px
I know he was proposing genocide, but he just felt like a soldier stripped of his purpose. All he wanted to do is dedicate his life to his people and rebuilt Krypton, and superman's entire plight just felt like Clark being a whiny bitch by comparison.

Zod was a man, his opponent wasn't.
>>
Robotnik / Eggman

SnooPING AS usual i see
>>
>>85459675

>HE DIN DU NUFFIN HE A GOOD BOY
>>
File: latest.png (23KB, 389x270px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
23KB, 389x270px
>>
>>85459675
His refusal to relocated to another planet painted him evil

Could they have terraformed Venus with their magictek worldengine?
>>
>>85459751

Not that Zod isn't a faggot, but Venus and Mars would be 10000000000000000000000000000000000000x harder to terraform

I'm 100% sure he couldn't even if he wanted to
(obviously they could just write that he could, but the intention was obviously that only earth was suitable enough)

>inb4 your a stupid american that thinks humans are going to terraform mars
>>
>>85459675
Zod, unlike Superman, was an actual murderer who intended to commit planetary genocide. He was also a fascist who supported eugenics. That's pretty close to a literal Hitler, no hyperbole or anything.
>>
>>85459675

Oh fuck off OP. Just fucking kill yourself. You're such a fucking faggot, holy shit.

Zod lost all sympathy when he threatened the entire world in his first broadcast. "Surrender yourself in 24 hours or watch this world suffer the consequences" and Superman still gave himself over to Zod after he heard this lunatic threaten to kill everybody unless he got his own way and when Superman was on his ship Zod tricked him and then put him on the dissection table. Why the fuck didn't he just tell Superman what he needed. Superman probably would have helped if Zod DIDN'T THREATEN TO KILL EVERYBODY

Drink bleach OP and rid us of your stupidity
>>
>>85459900
>That's pretty close to a literal Hitler, no hyperbole or anything

What the fuck do you mean "Pretty close"? it's beyond Hitler. It's fucking super Hitler
>>
File: dmgpS.png (142KB, 946x472px) Image search: [Google]
dmgpS.png
142KB, 946x472px
>>85459675
>>
>>85459795
>]>inb4 your a stupid american that thinks humans are going to terraform mars

I know this is bait, but just incase there's idiots dumb enough to believe you:

http://quest.nasa.gov/mars/background/terra.html
>>
>>85459675
>I know he was proposing genocide, but he just felt like a soldier stripped of his purpose. All he wanted to do is dedicate his life to his people and rebuilt Krypton, and superman's entire plight just felt like Clark being a whiny bitch by comparison.

The plot of MOS was the practically the same as the Transformers movie....Zod=Megatron, Prime=Clark
>>
>>85459985
And yet did it with much more dignity. It wasn't about intentions and all about presentation. If he was done in a lesser movie like Superman Returns, you can consider it stupid like Luthor's "Build his own Island" plan.
>>
>>85459675
You americans and your army worship.
Pathetic.
>>
>>85460015
>>85459900
>>85459900
>>85459993
When did this board become kidnapped and indoctrinated by cultural marxists and sjw commie sympathizers?
>>
>>85460123
>muh internethatemachine
Shut up, this isn't /b/ or /pol/
>>
>>85460110

>And yet did it with much more dignity

And the Nazi's looked cooler than the Allies. Guess they should have won, huh?
>>
File: Zod the Retard Child.png (212KB, 1878x450px) Image search: [Google]
Zod the Retard Child.png
212KB, 1878x450px
>>85459675
Yes, Zod was perfectly justified, and not at all a petty, short sighted idiot,who could have made things easier for everyone 100 times over.
>>
>>85460152

Thing is OP is a retard for siding with Zod but I have no problem with Zods character because a fascist lunatic is exactly what he is.
>>
>>85460151
Aestheticism was a pretty big part of fascist ideology.
>>
>>85460173
It worked okay for the movie, I guess, but since none of the other characters ever actually point out how Zod could have avoided all the problems, and still gotten everything a new Krypton needed, I half wonder if some of it was less Zod's stupidity, and more Goyer's.
>>
>>85460201
Nobody is 100% rational and pragmatic in the real life either. You wouldn't even get compelling stories in movies if they all depicted an utilitarian paradise where everyone always agrees because they all think the same and believe in nothing.
>>
>>85460213
People still have competing goals, even if they are doing what is in their rational best interests. I'm not sure why someone who was designed as a general would have been so strategically stupid.
>>
>>85460243
If Zod was reasonable and had a noble goal, why would he even be a villain? He's a mentally unstable product of an oppressive eugenics program created by a regressive and self-destructive society. Zod's programming literally made him stupid because he's trying to apply military culture and decision making to everything. He is able to overpower the sensory noise on Earth by focusing on his fist, a symbol of power. It says everything you need to know about his characer, that's how he solves his problems.
>>
>>85460201
>since none of the other characters ever actually point out how Zod could have avoided all the problems, and still gotten everything a new Krypton needed, I half wonder if some of it was less Zod's stupidity, and more Goyer's.

He clearly says in the movie that he wants to destroy humanity just to spite Superman

It doesn't matter if he could have done it somewhere else, he was a spiteful sadistic warrior who took pride in being able to make others suffer
>>
>>85460456
Well then his motivations work, but it at the same time, goes against OP's point that he's sympathetic.
>>
>>85459675

I'm sorry I can't read what you've posted because as soon as I see that face all I can hear is I WILL FIND HIM
>>
>>85460512
Maybe OP is a sociopath or just an edgelord who romanticizes violence and warrior cultures
>>
File: too much freedom.jpg (216KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
too much freedom.jpg
216KB, 1024x768px
>>85460201
>Superman, a bunch of aliens are terraforming Mars. Go and kill them all.

Would've been the most American movie of them all. They could've even quoted the First Thanksgiving when the Kryptonian refugees welcome back one of their long lost members, just before Superman gets down to brass tacks.
>>
why did he insist on terra(krypto?)forming earth if its environment literally gave his race fucking superpowers. The bullshit about suffering is rendered moot the moment he gains control over it by sheer willpower and instantly begins godmoding everywhere. Instead of engaging the worldengine all they had to do was take off their rebreather holomasks and spend a day or at worst a week acclimatizing.
>>
>>85459675
Why didn't he just terraform mars?
>>
>>85460123
Go back to /pol/ and stay there
>>
>>85460751
>>85460787
Because he wanted to spite Superman...did you watch the movie?
>>
>>85460751
Well, with some acclimatizing you could survive on Siberia, but I doubt you would like to live there. If they wanted a new home for their race I think it makes sense to make it as suitable as possible. And the superpowers would stay regardless because they come from the Sun, not Earth. And at the same time kryptoforming process takes care of all these pathetic humans standing in your way and occupying your planet.
>>
>>85459751
Only certain planets could sustain an ongoing colony even after terraforming. That's why many of the krypton colonies died off
>>
>>85460815
Haven't seen it in years m8
>Because he wanted to spite Superman
I guess that's OP BTFO
>>
>>85460123
When did you become such a meme spewing sheep incapable of independent thought?
>>
>>85459985
i think that was mainly because supes was an abomination or anomaly to them.
normal reproduction was outlawed for years or centuries even.
and now they see this 'freak' having their intire species genetic code in his body.
in zod and the other kryptonians eyes, supes shoudn't even exist in the first place
>>
>>85459675
>and anyway, Wiemar was a weak state, full of liberal ideas that were easily crushed by a strong fascist movement, so they deserved to be destroyed
>>
>>85459706
this. I always felt bad for him when I was a kid and even when he did act bad it felt more like bad writing than him actually being a bad person.
>>
>>85459675
He was an dude who wanted to destroy a civilization because his died and had anger issues.
Not our problem, he got what he deserved.
>>
If it had been possible for Zod to terraform Mars instead, he would've conquered and enslaved Earth immediatly afterwards.
>>
Worth noting that Clark was doomed from the start if Zod got his way. He went from "help me Jor-El" to "HERESY" in two seconds flat as soon as he realised it was a natural birth.
>>
>>85459751
He refused to spite Kal-El.
>>
>>85459675
>he just wanted to kill me and everything I've ever known, is that so wrong?
>>
>Has a terraforming machine
>Decides to terraform the planet with intelligent life on it instead of the virtually dead world next to it

Zod was a cunt.
>>
>>85459706
Was he supposed to be a villain? I always rooted for him
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.