[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 451
Thread images: 24

*Greg Rucka's throwing a lot of weight around, quickly making everyone hate his guts. In particular, all of the other writers must now get his approval for anything Wonder Woman related and that as such, plans to decipher Donna Troy and her backstory are now off-limits. The only compromise DC could squeak out between Abnett and Rucka is that Rucka can ignore what the Finches wrote regarding Donna but he can't really establish a new origin for Donna until Rucka is gone, creates one himself, or gives Abnett permission to do so. This is the main reason WHY they had to change the plot of the next couple of Titans issues, as Abnett was going to lay the groundwork for retconning Donna back to her Titans of Myth origins and lead to a storyline where the Titans of Myth come back with more Star Children to try and conquer Earth.

*Another reason people are hating Rucka's guts: he's openly politicking to steal Harley Quinn from Amanda Connors. DC may eventually have to cave to Rucka, so they are basically trying to offset things by offering Connors a Justice League International ongoing, under the notion that Connors could make the book a commercial success and allow them a means to boost Blue Beetle's Hitch's JLA's sales

*DC is planning Red Dawn as their next big crossover, for 2017. Pretty much EVERY DC book will have mandatory tie-ins and publication schedules will be coordinated to make this happen.

*The plot of Red Dawn is still being worked out, but it will be similar to Forever Evil in that the Big Guns will be taken out by the Red Lanterns early on. The plan currently, is that the book will feature a slew of "lost" heroes reappearing to stop the Red Lanterns. In particular, the JSA will make their triumphant return in this arc.

*There is also talks about rebranding John Stewart as "Yellow Lantern"; giving him a yellow power ring to ensure fans stop hating on him for upstaging Hal and giving him his own book to try and relaunch a new space theme subline.
>>
Nigga', you better provide source, or nobody cares.
>>
>we already know the next big crossover is about Dr. Manhattan
>OP claims it's Red Lanterns
lol
>>
>>85449363
Implying Greg Rucka won't throw a hissy fit and quit in 6 months.
>>
>DC may eventually have to cave to Rucka

Why? Harley sells more than Diana does, currently.
>>
>>85449363
>*Another reason people are hating Rucka's guts: he's openly politicking to steal Harley Quinn from Amanda Connors. DC may eventually have to cave to Rucka, so they are basically trying to offset things by offering Connors a Justice League International ongoing, under the notion that Connors could make the book a commercial success and allow them a means to boost Blue Beetle's Hitch's JLA's sales

BASED RUCKA
A
S
E
D
>>
File: static milestone.jpg (203KB, 528x810px) Image search: [Google]
static milestone.jpg
203KB, 528x810px
Will we see Milestone again ?
>>
I just want the Legion back. Just don't give it to Levitz or Hickman. Also Shazam and JSA
>>
>>85449439
Who cares?. Conner & Palmiotti off Harley is good news
>>
>>85449484
Supposedly were gonna have Wildstorm and Milestone announcements at NYCC
>>
The next big crossover is going to be about Harley Quinn. She is going to be the one to kill Dr. Manhattan and steal his powers.
>>
*"John Stewart: Yellow Lantern" would be one of the books launched out of Red Dawn if it gets approved, along with a new Omega Men book and a new Starman book that would feature Will Peyton as the Golden Age Starman's illegitimate son and basically turn Will into a replacement for Jack Knight, as far as outright replacing Jack in DC canon since they can't use him.

*Superboy Prime is going to be the "powerless" Clark Kent. He's still an asshole but is now on a leash due to him knowing about Dr Manhattan (who freed him and believes that he succeeded to kill him when he realized that Prime is a jerk) and pretending to be powerless so that Manhattan doesn't try and kill him. He's going to be pretending to be Clark for the evilulz but quickly fall in with Lex when Lex learns the truth about Post-Crisis Superman to mess with Clark's head.

*New 52 Lois's big revelation before her death hasn't been decided upon yet. It was tossed in as a red herring by Bob Harras (who has a history of doing similar stuff with Spider-Man and X-Men) but nothing has been decided yet for what it was Lois realized.

*Jonathan Hickman submitted a pitch for DC for a Legion ongoing, which was rejected when Paul Levitz was allowed to read it and basically shat bricks at some of the stuff Hickman wanted to do. Hickman made the pitch with DC having an eye towards relaunching Legion as a "Young Animals" book (mainly as the centerpiece of a second wave of Young Animals titles) but since Levitz has friends at DC and considers Legion his baby, Hickman's grim and gritty Legion is a no-go.

*The pitch, in particular, had among other things: Brainiac 5 going evil, several major Legion members dying (including the founding three), some risky sex stuff, and Mon-El's entire backstory getting the "Anatomy Lesson" treatment as far as revealing he was never from the 20th Century and was created by Brainy.

*There are talks about reviving Brave and the Bold, as a Nightwing/Wally West team-up book
>>
>>85449363
Dogfucker is gonna headline a DC event

This is Amamzon Attacks all over again.
>>
>>85449439
Yeah and they made Conner and Timms exclusive because Harley is DC's fourth pillar lol
>>
>>85449411
We were always going to get something before that. The Manhattan thing is in two years not one year. But I don't believe the red lanterns part. That seems dumb and even Green Lanterns itself doesn't seem to be building toward it and it's the only book with them.
>>
>>85449579
>but quickly fall in with Lex
At first I read this as "quickly fall in love with Lex"
>>
It's the fact that this might be true that makes me sad.

Is Rucka always an insufferable cunt?
>>
>>85449579
>Superboy Prime is going to be the "powerless" Clark Kent. He's still an asshole but is now on a leash due to him knowing about Dr Manhattan (who freed him and believes that he succeeded to kill him when he realized that Prime is a jerk) and pretending to be powerless so that Manhattan doesn't try and kill him. He's going to be pretending to be Clark for the evilulz but quickly fall in with Lex when Lex learns the truth about Post-Crisis Superman to mess with Clark's head.

This is how I know it's a lie

It will never be Prime Time again ;_;
>>
>>85449411
Red Dawn is a stop-gap event tossed into existence when DC decided to drag out the confrontation with Manhattan. Also, in a bid to recapture the lightning in the bottle that was Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night with the Green Lantern books, who's sales collapse has been a major issue within DC.

The Manhattan arc will be advanced with the return of the JSA during Red Dawn, since they and the Titans were the only active super-hero teams on Earth at the time Flashpoint happened. There is a reason WHY the Titans got fucked hard by Manhattan and why the JSA were flat out purged from the timeline and why Wally in particular was singled out for unperson status. They were the ones who stood against Manhattan when he put time in the blender and were singled out for special retribution as a result.
>>
>>85449579
>a new Omega Men book

Yeah, I doubt this is real.

That said, I'm surprised of how much of a control freak Rucka is. Is he really that good that DC will cater to him?
>>
>>85449363
>*There is also talks about rebranding John Stewart as "Yellow Lantern"; giving him a yellow power ring to ensure fans stop hating on him for upstaging Hal and giving him his own book to try and relaunch a new space theme subline.
What the fuck? That doesn't make a goddamn bit of sense
>>
>>85449753
because op didn't think this out very well
>>
>>85449579
>along with a new Omega Men book and a new Starman book that would feature Will Peyton as the Golden Age Starman's illegitimate son and basically turn Will into a replacement for Jack Knight
clearly both of OP's posts are entirely lies
>>
>>85449753
Yeah. You'd think John would go Blue or Indigo.
>>
>>85449579
I like the idea of superboy prime having an important part to play, but this really sounds like that gentry pasta that was going around a few weeks before rebirth first came out.
>>
Rucka must have some very incriminating pictures of DC top brass.
>>
>>85449439
Rucka wants to do something new and since Harley is the newest superstar at DC, as well as being one of the main Batman characters he hasn't done much with, that he feels "entitled" to her. Especially since he's still bitter at DC for the Earth One debacle and made it clear that his return to DC hinges entirely on him getting the Bendis treatment, where basically he is NEVER told no and all of the other writers have to do as he says/that he can veto them or outright ignore them if he feels like it.
>>
>>85449753
Because the Sinestro book sold for 2 years
>>
>>85449363
>plans to decipher Donna Troy and her backstory are now off-limits

lol yessss

why the hell would Rucka want Harley?

and Red Dawn is like literally happening right now
>>
>>85449822

>his return to DC hinges entirely on him getting the Bendis treatment, where basically he is NEVER told no and all of the other writers have to do as he says/that he can veto them or outright ignore them if he feels like it

That seems like a recipe for favoritism and bad writing.

It's supposed to be all the writers being on an equal field, with the editor in charge making final calls.
>>
>>85449579
>*Jonathan Hickman submitted a pitch for DC for a Legion ongoing, which was rejected when Paul Levitz was allowed to read it and basically shat bricks at some of the stuff Hickman wanted to do. Hickman made the pitch with DC having an eye towards relaunching Legion as a "Young Animals" book (mainly as the centerpiece of a second wave of Young Animals titles) but since Levitz has friends at DC and considers Legion his baby, Hickman's grim and gritty Legion is a no-go.
I know all of this is bullshit, but I hope this is true. The world doesn't need another shitty, dark, Legion run.
>>
>>85449792
While I think one of the lanterns should spend some time in another corps from crowding like when Guy went Red.
John going Yellow makes little sense unless it's a "Let's go undercover plot!"
John going blue would be most preferable.
>>
>>85449363
> In particular, all of the other writers must now get his approval for anything Wonder Woman related

Considering how shit Wonder Woman has been in everything outside the Azzarello run, i'm okay with this.
>>
Most of this sounds like the the bullshit "Wally will come back with the JSA in Jay's role" fanfic that was posted a few months ago.

>>85449579
>The pitch, in particular, had among other things: Brainiac 5 going evil, several major Legion members dying (including the founding three), some risky sex stuff, and Mon-El's entire backstory getting the "Anatomy Lesson" treatment as far as revealing he was never from the 20th Century and was created by Brainy.

And this is really and not really believable even from Hickman. I can't imagine anyone who is a Legion fan actually suggesting any of this.
>>
>>85449579
>it's another anon doesn't get that Hickman was joking post
Why is OP so stupid? The man's recent talk about creator-owned work made it quite clear that's all he wants to do right now.
>>
>>85449484
In the works but plans have taken a hit due to Christopher Priest (who was hired back with the intent to secretly manipulate him into writing the characters full-time) refusing to have anything to do with them and actively threatening to kill/rape/maim them in Deathstroke if they try and force him to write any of them. Which he can do, as like Rucka, Priest made damn sure to get rather large scale creative freedom to come back to the company.

Which means if DC doesn't play the situation correct, Static Shock, Icon, and co might only come back to be killed off for good.
>>
>>85449822
Yes, YES! Rucka, take Harley away from those two, you have my support
>>
>>85449883

Yeah, optimism is part of the appeal.

Tho Legion being wild and in the Young Animal line sounds rad af

I don't think he'd kill a bunch of people and make Brainy evil either.

>*There are talks about reviving Brave and the Bold, as a Nightwing/Wally West team-up book

This tho! *chief kisses fingers*
>>
>>85449897
>John going Yellow makes little sense unless it's a "Let's go undercover plot!"
which was what Guy was doing with the Reds initially, that would be dumb to rehash it with John

John as a yellow makes zero sense, Hal and Simon are most closely associated with Yellow anyway and Guy is the one that used to use the yellow Qwardian ring. making John yellow isn't getting him out of anybody else's shadow or doing anything unique with him
>>
>>85449933
The last part would be fucking hilarious
>>
>>85449933
And OP just reached too far and revealed that he's full of shit. From an interview with Priest:

>As a Milestone fan, I want the back catalogue readily available. I know that is something you guys have said will happen. But I think the bigger concern is growing new talent, like Milestone originally did with John Rozum, J.H. Williams, John Paul Leon, ChrisCross. What kind of processes are you guys implementing to try and bring up the next generation? Because if we still continue to feel under-represented it 25 years later, how do you guys feel like you can personally tackle that?

>Priest: I don’t know. What I’m doing with Milestone is I’m kind of playing a Geoff Johns [creative executive] role. I’m not specifically writing a comic book. I am doing some writing that I can’t announce yet because you got creative and you got business. The creative is solid. We’re good. Jim Lee, Reginald Hudlin, Denys Cowan… we all love each other. It’s this pesky business stuff that I have no idea what that is or what’s going on with that.

>But what I understand is Reginald probably has a closet full of submissions in. People who are trying to work with us and things like that, that are going on. He’s very interested in new talent and that’s basically the impetus that brings him into this.

Yessiree, he sure does want nothing to do with Milestone!
>>
>>85449599
It's his swan song. After Red Dawn, there is going to be a new Green Lantern writer.

>>85449727

Prime coming back as a Superdick version of Clark Kent was one of Geoff's ideas he came up with on his way out the door. Basically "redeem" Prime by forcing him to pretend to be Clark and slowly grow into the role of a hero dealing with Lex and his schemes.
>>
>>85449916

I'm trying to figure out the point of Anatomy Lessoning Mon-El. Like Brainy made a Computo that worked before Computo?? And never told anyone?? and sent him back in time to be a hero???? and it removes all of his loner/man out of time stuff. it's like turning Captain America into a robot Tony made
>>
>>85449363
>Greg Rucka's throwing a lot of weight around, quickly making everyone hate his guts. In particular, all of the other writers must now get his approval for anything Wonder Woman related

Not likely. The WW book is being run by the batbook editors. So in other words, the other editors aren't going to go to their rivals to get approval on anything. OP doesn't know what he is talking about.
>>
>>85450001

Can your opening act also be your swan song?!??
>>
>>85449363
Humorless Cunt Greg Rucka to write Harley Quinn

I'd believe Mark Waid coming back first before I believed this.
>>
File: 316.png (373KB, 600x623px) Image search: [Google]
316.png
373KB, 600x623px
>fan-fiction: the thread

everyone go home.
none of this is real
>>
>>85449788
DC has wanted to capitalize on Starman for ages but have been handcuffed due to the agreement made with Robinson to not let anyone touch Jack Knight after the series ended. Rebirth is going to let them basically say Jack was erased from canon/retcon Will Peyton as Ted's kid, and basically redo the series with a character they can actively use.

>>85449792
The Yellow ring is more iconic and Indigo/Blue are support rings not offensive weapon rings.
>>
>Red Dawn is the title of the current Green Lanterns arc
Come on OP
>>
>>85449933
Well now we know this whole thread is a lie because Priest himself has proven you wrong. He sounds like he's pretty involved editorially rather than "refusing to have anything to do with them". From SDCC:

>I have to ask about Milestone Media, which was announced as coming back last year.

Priest: Yes. I’m meeting with the guys on Sunday.

>Who are the guys?

Priest: Oh. Reginald and Denys.

>As a Milestone fan, I want the back catalog readily available. I know that is something you guys have said will happen. But I think the bigger concern is growing new talent, like Milestone originally did with John Rozum, J.H. Williams, John Paul Leon, ChrisCross. What kind of processes are you guys implementing to try and bring up the next generation? Because if we still continue to feel under-represented it 25 years later, how do you guys feel like you can personally tackle that?

Priest: I don’t know. What I’m doing with Milestone is I’m kind of playing a Geoff Johns [creative executive] role. I’m not specifically writing a comic book. I am doing some writing that I can’t announce yet because you got creative and you got business. The creative is solid. We’re good. Jim Lee, Reginald Hudlin, Denys Cowan… we all love each other. It’s this pesky business stuff that I have no idea what that is or what’s going on with that.

But what I understand is Reginald probably has a closet full of submissions in. People who are trying to work with us and things like that, that are going on. He’s very interested in new talent and that’s basically the impetus that brings him into this.
>>
>>85450060
No!, Let me believe! I want Palmiotti off Harley
>>
At least Hickman was finally gonna embrace the 31st Century sexual options that Legion should have

>>85450060

but then you don't get to make fun of it
>>
>>85450001
So Dogfucker is going to write a single 2 year long arc?

That book sales is going to go in the shitter faster than a prom night baby.
>>
JUST MOTHERFUCKING BRING BACK DARKSTARS OR SOMETHING, JESUS!

John Stewart as a Yellow Lantern is fucking stupid. He never messed with the ring before and fear doesn't suit him.

The whole deal with John is that he's a believer. He'll delve into things and immerse himself too much into what he's doing. It would made much more sense if he was a Blue Lantern or something.
>>
>>85450037
Waid coming back might actually happen. Why else would he tweet they were having dinner? Something is up.
>>
>>85450199
Begging Waid to write Man of Steel 2
>>
>>85449897
The plan is that John gets the ring because of the whole "Blowing up Xanishi" stuff. IE the rest of the universe fears and hates his guts because of how he arrogantly trapped Martian Manhunter into a cage because he thought he was better than MM and ended up getting an entire planet full of people killed.

The idea is that DC knows only social justice warrior types likes John but they can't sell him to casual white fans. So they are going to try and embrace the hate angle, but in outer space so that they don't have to worry about the social justice "hate whitey" angle driving away fans like it does in the Marvel books.

>>85449916
When Hickman was asked to pitch Legion, he was told he could create his very own version of the group, not bound by previous incarnations. Hence him wanting test tube Mon-El and Evil Brainy and dead Imra, Garth, and Rok.

And evil Brainy is because Hickman is a huge fan of the infamous Legion storyline were Brainy went evil and he wants to bring the character back to that period characteristic-wise.
>>
>>85450246
Stop this. Nobody fucking believes you, dude.
>>
>>85450246
What are Rucka plans for Harley if DC gave in?
>>
>>85450000
>>85450097

Priest is spinning and playing the PR game. He doesn't want to alienate the black community/SJW types (who can ruin him with accusations of being an "Uncle Tom") by telling them he wants nothing to do with black super-heroes/being pigeonholed once again as only writing black characters.

Priest is pretty red pill. He finds social justice warriors and their ilk a cancer on comics and hates their guts.
>>
File: crazy brainy.jpg (279KB, 1000x785px) Image search: [Google]
crazy brainy.jpg
279KB, 1000x785px
>>85450246

>Brainy went evil

that's not even the story line

and why would he want his own version? all the fun of Legion is the history. and he's on record as a huge fan of the Levitz run. otherwise you can do a creator owned sci fi book.

also i demand more details this is great.
>>
>>85450246
Brainy didn't go evil though. Try not making shit up for franchises you're not familiar with famalam.
>>
>>85450246
>still trying to do after being proven as a phony by >>85450000 and >>85450097
>>
>>85450246
>The idea is that DC knows only social justice warrior types likes John but they can't sell him to casual white fans.
DCAU fans are all SJWs now, are they
>>
>>85450321
Enough.
>>
>>85450321
Holy shit you're insane.
>>
>>85450246

>can't sell him to casual white fans

what is jlu

what the hell are you talking about "in outer space so they don't have to worry about sjws"

tho it all being going back to "Blowing up Xanishi" stuff is pretty credible and believable of DC
>>
>>85450321
you already fucked up m8, just stop posting
>>
>>85450012
Basically Mon-El was created in a 30th Century lab by Brainy as a new member of the Legion and that Brainy fucked with everyone's memories to "insert" Mon-El onto the team with his (now) fake backstory about being stuck in the Phantom Zone for 1000 years by Superman.

Basically recycling the fan theory about Laura Gand from the 90s (where she was a Brainiac 5 created clone of Supergirl who he created on the downlow) the same way other Legion fans turned writer have recycled similar theories in the book (like Garth being Proty, Element Lad being gay).
>>
>>85450246

But i'm white and i love John Stewart. Hal Jordan is obnoxious, especially after Johns. It's always THE GREATEST GREEN LANTERN OF ALL TIME with him.
>>
DC trying to get Priest to secretly be in charge of all their black books but him not wanting to is a hilarious image tho OP

>telling them he wants nothing to do with black super-heroes/being pigeonholed once again as only writing black characters.

this is great, like he's not openly said that shit as recent as SDCC
>>
>>85449363
90% of that actually sound awesome, too bad its fanfiction bullshit...
>>
>>85450321
Anon Priest doesn't care about those people

He straight up said he said yes to writing Deathstroke because Slade isn't black.
>>
>>85450405

How is there a 21st century record of the dude?!
Why even do this? What's the point!??!
What about Phantom Zone people?
>>
>>85450317
Crime noir. Harley as a shrink to the super-villain community who makes money treating Batman's villains for their mental disorders. Her and Joker interacting a lot, with sexual tension galore and Poison Ivy as a morally ambiguous figure who you don't know if she truly loves Harley or is only with her because she wants to torment the Joker and prove she's a superior villain by stealing his moll.

>>85450326
Brainy went insane evil and the whole storyline was so widely reviled by Legion fans that they spent years trying to undo it with several retcons in order to reset the status quo and make Brainy good again/blame everything on Pulsar Stargrave.

It's one of the reasons why DC has been dragging their asses on the DC Archive series, as they are fast approaching that period (#244-280) where that arc played out and are afraid the die-hards won't buy the overpriced hardcovers containing that arc.
>>
>>85450576
>Crime noir. Harley as a shrink to the super-villain community who makes money treating Batman's villains for their mental disorders. Her and Joker interacting a lot, with sexual tension galore and Poison Ivy as a morally ambiguous figure who you don't know if she truly loves Harley or is only with her because she wants to torment the Joker and prove she's a superior villain by stealing his moll.

I approve.
>>
>>85450576

>Brainy went insane evil and the whole storyline was so widely reviled by Legion fans that they spent years trying to undo it with several retcons in order to reset the status quo and make Brainy good again/blame everything on Pulsar Stargrave.

this is the first i've ever heard of any of this. also archives have been dead since like 2013 and it ain't cause of the legion
>>
>>85449579
>Hickman's grim and gritty Legion is a no-go.
I know none of this is likely true but just in case.....thank fuck for Paul Levitz if this is true. No one wants fucking dark and gritty LoSH.
>>
>>85450651
The Legion line has long been dead. They drug their feet mightly on getting the last volume out

>>85450389
A lot of JLU fans are SJW types who use that to justify wanting John pushed and the white Lanterns done away with.

>>85450471
Basically all present day Mon-El stuff would be ignored for the sake of the storyline.
>>
File: Pls Stop.png (425KB, 486x495px) Image search: [Google]
Pls Stop.png
425KB, 486x495px
>>85449363
>There is also talks about rebranding John Stewart as "Yellow Lantern"; giving him a yellow power ring to ensure fans stop hating on him for upstaging Hal and giving him his own book to try and relaunch a new space theme subline.
>>
>>85450576
So they want to piss off all the current Quinn readers.

I want Cucka to go and stay gone.
>>
>>85449363
Is Rucka becoming the Anti-Bendis?

>Fixing Wonder Woman
>Re-establishing Donna Troy with a clear backstory
>stealing Harley from that SJW cow Conners
>>
>>85450708
>Levitz crashed his own run with death and gore so that no one could ever try grimdark Legion again

truly a hero
>>
>>85450795
>implying that shit is bad

It the best shit that Harley would get if it were true
>>
Holy shit get a life OP
>>
But why is "Prez" gone?
>>
>falling for it
>>
>>85450806
You mean Cucka who got triggered over Frank Cho, and writes nothing but Lesbians fighting evil men.
>>
>>85449822
Hes an arsehole about it but they really should have given him earth one
>>
>>85450806
Fuck off, namefag.
>>
>>85450840
It is bad.
>>
>>85450886

honestly Year One might ultimately turn out better for him. In canon origin for one thing. and no one gives a shit about the Earth One books.
>>
>>85450867
because it's shit and everyone hated it
>>
>>85449363
>*Greg Rucka's throwing a lot of weight around, quickly making everyone hate his guts. In particular, all of the other writers must now get his approval for anything Wonder Woman related and that as such, plans to decipher Donna Troy and her backstory are now off-limits. The only compromise DC could squeak out between Abnett and Rucka is that Rucka can ignore what the Finches wrote regarding Donna but he can't really establish a new origin for Donna until Rucka is gone, creates one himself, or gives Abnett permission to do so. This is the main reason WHY they had to change the plot of the next couple of Titans issues, as Abnett was going to lay the groundwork for retconning Donna back to her Titans of Myth origins and lead to a storyline where the Titans of Myth come back with more Star Children to try and conquer Earth.

eh, i'm okay with this

>*Another reason people are hating Rucka's guts: he's openly politicking to steal Harley Quinn from Amanda Connors. DC may eventually have to cave to Rucka, so they are basically trying to offset things by offering Connors a Justice League International ongoing, under the notion that Connors could make the book a commercial success and allow them a means to boost Blue Beetle's Hitch's JLA's sales

this sounds better, actually

>*DC is planning Red Dawn as their next big crossover, for 2017. Pretty much EVERY DC book will have mandatory tie-ins and publication schedules will be coordinated to make this happen.

ew, no

>*There is also talks about rebranding John Stewart as "Yellow Lantern"; giving him a yellow power ring to ensure fans stop hating on him for upstaging Hal and giving him his own book to try and relaunch a new space theme subline.

I'm sure the johnfags will love him joining the evil lanterns
>>
>>85450867
the floppies sold like ass and the trade did too
>>
>>85450937
Nah. Give me one reason why is bad
>>
>>85450957
Weak bait.
>>
>>85450830
the hero we need
>>
>>85449363
>There is also talks about rebranding John Stewart as "Yellow Lantern"; giving him a yellow power ring to ensure fans stop hating on him for upstaging Hal and giving him his own book to try and relaunch a new space theme subline.
I almost belived you until this
>>
>>85449579
>*"John Stewart: Yellow Lantern" would be one of the books launched out of Red Dawn if it gets approved, along with a new Omega Men book and a new Starman book that would feature Will Peyton as the Golden Age Starman's illegitimate son and basically turn Will into a replacement for Jack Knight, as far as outright replacing Jack in DC canon since they can't use him.

don't see this happening

>*Superboy Prime is going to be the "powerless" Clark Kent. He's still an asshole but is now on a leash due to him knowing about Dr Manhattan (who freed him and believes that he succeeded to kill him when he realized that Prime is a jerk) and pretending to be powerless so that Manhattan doesn't try and kill him. He's going to be pretending to be Clark for the evilulz but quickly fall in with Lex when Lex learns the truth about Post-Crisis Superman to mess with Clark's head.

i could see this

>*New 52 Lois's big revelation before her death hasn't been decided upon yet. It was tossed in as a red herring by Bob Harras (who has a history of doing similar stuff with Spider-Man and X-Men) but nothing has been decided yet for what it was Lois realized.

this sounds like a very DC thing to do

>*Jonathan Hickman submitted a pitch for DC for a Legion ongoing, which was rejected when Paul Levitz was allowed to read it and basically shat bricks at some of the stuff Hickman wanted to do. Hickman made the pitch with DC having an eye towards relaunching Legion as a "Young Animals" book (mainly as the centerpiece of a second wave of Young Animals titles) but since Levitz has friends at DC and considers Legion his baby, Hickman's grim and gritty Legion is a no-go.

sigh...

>*There are talks about reviving Brave and the Bold, as a Nightwing/Wally West team-up book

fuck you
>>
>geoff johns finally comes back to twitter in the past week, after being gone for a while
>this fucking shitpost arrives, after /co/ has gone without speculations posts about DC/Rebirth for quite some time, too

johns.

i know it's you, motherfucker.

stop trolling, and start making comics again, you piece of shit.

i'll send you some cereal if you do.
>>
>>85451063

dammit johns
>>
>>85451063
this is the most believable post in the thread
>>
>>85450974
Rehashing Joker and Harley shit for the 59 time.

Cucka trying to make Harley a serous character.

Cucka being allowed anywhere near the batbooks again
>>
>>85449363
Hickman is fucking tired of the big two. He will come back but he needs a break
>>
>>85450867
Mark Russell got pissy that DC abandoned DC You and put the book on hiatus after six issues. He pissed TPTB off and now has to make do with a 12 page story to wrap up the series.
>>
Any fanfiction/news on what's going on with the John's promised Atom and Shazam on-goings?
>>
>>85451118
>Rehashing Joker and Harley shit for the 59 time.

But this good, Harley doesn't work properly without Joker

>Cucka trying to make Harley a serous character.

This was done in the early 2000s book and it was good, it is one of the better takes Harley got

>Cucka being allowed anywhere near the batbooks again

Can't comment on this
>>
>>85451187
That doesn't make sense. Why would he do Flintstones if he was mad instead of just going back to his own stuff?
>>
>>85451187
he's writing flintstones
>>
so what are the chances we can get rich johnston to report this on bleeding cool?
>>
>>85451193
Atom and Shazam will be part of the Red Dawn storyline.

There is talk about Johns letting Ordway write Shazam, since they are friends and Johns knows that his version of Cap Marvel was not well received. He thinks Ordway, who's run Geoff used extensively for his portrayal of Black Adam and Captain Marvel, could revitalize the character and make fans happier than if he wrote the book.
>>
>>85451281
Hey everybody start pretending you believe OP's shit so Rich reports on this
>>
>>85451227
Russell is playing the game, not wanting to burn his bridges with DC in hopes that they might some day let him continue with Prez, which is his passion project.
>>
>>85449579
>New 52 Lois's big revelation before her death hasn't been decided upon yet. I

Why would they kill Lois that's she just got her powers?
>>
>>85451281
OP needs to post a fake ID from WB or DC offices.
Also, somebody needs to directly report this to Rich. He's probably asleep, being British.
>>
>>85451295
>>There is talk about Johns letting Ordway write Shazam, since they are friends and Johns knows that his version of Cap Marvel was not well received. He thinks Ordway, who's run Geoff used extensively for his portrayal of Black Adam and Captain Marvel, could revitalize the character and make fans happier than if he wrote the book.
Now I want this bullshit to be true. Don't play with my feelings, OP.
>>
>>85449363
Please fire Cucka. Preferably with actual fire.
>>
>>85450974
Harley making a bunch of money for DC allows them to publish smaller books
>>
>>85449727
Ok no way this is true I thought DC was done with that physcotic little bastard
>>
>>85451329
>passion project

He literally didn't even come up with the idea and had never heard about Prez until DC pitched the reboot to him. Come on man, at least make sense when you're bullshitting here. This is easily researchable.
>>
>>85451195
Nobody fucking liked the 00s Quinn book.

And Cucka waged a one man crusade against the concept on males in the Batfamily.

This the faggot who got rid of Alfred and gave Batman a female bodyguard.

The backlash against Cucka's Batman run is pretty much the reason Hush sold so well.
>>
>>85451295
>Atom and Shazam will be part of the Red Dawn storyline.
How does that make sense? Rebirth clearly setup Ryan going into the Microverse to save Ray. Any rumors on if/when we'll actually get an Atom on-going and who'll be writing?
>>
>>85451329
he has a story arc written and two issues already submitted to DC but they shelved it because sales were shit
source: his twitter
>>
>>85449579
Wasn't new 52 legion erased from existence in Morrisons action comic run? Or did they ever come back?
>>
>>85449822
>Rucka wants the Bendis treatment

No writer deserves the Bendis treatment.
>>
>>85451429
>Nobody fucking liked the 00s Quinn book.

You showed your hand too early. This is bait.
>>
>>85451429
>Nobody fucking liked the 00s Quinn book.

Plenty of people love the 00s Harley book
>>
>>85451429
>Nobody liked the 00s Quinn book

Wrong.
>>
>>85451353
Fake out for a big surprise.

>>85451425
Russell got a big head when the book was one of the most critically acclaimed of the DC You relaunch.

Fun fact: he had written scripts for two additional years of Prez, when he was under the assumption that the book would have been renewed past the first year, before the book was prematurely canceled.
>>
>>85450867
The presidential race is so retarded on its own that it has successfully killed all political humor.
>>
>>85451483
Legion in Action wasn't new 52 Legion
New 52 Legion was on Earth 2 and then it wasn't (JLU)

It's a mess
>>
What harley is now js complete trash. She less of a character than Lady Death, she is an accepted cheesecake only cause she is insane.

Lady death has a more conplex character than her
>>
File: Co_bO6qVIAEbKfI.jpg (18KB, 560x400px) Image search: [Google]
Co_bO6qVIAEbKfI.jpg
18KB, 560x400px
>>85450883
>hurr how dare Rucka tell le based gamergate chink to stop being a pervert
>fucking SJWs

please seek sunlight
>>
>>85451483
Pretty sure it was just the adult Legion stuff from Morrison's run that got erased because of Universo's election causing armageddon got changed.

>>85451650
Lemire pretty much just ignored the last 5-10 issues of new 52 LoSH and added in some Zero Hour Legion characters which was smart and probably the best decision. Would expect whatever comes in Rebirth to be similar.

(also OP is full of shit obviously)
>>
>>85449363

Will Desh kill himself?
>>
>>85451478
He had more scripts than that. Scripts that have been passed around the office, which got favorable enough reaction internally, that DC offered him the Flintstones gig.
>>
>>85451750
if he hasn't already after EVS eviscerated him he never will
>>
>>85451525
>>85451521
>>85451630

Yea that's why they scrapped it put her on the back burner for a decade.

Deluding yourself a here mates.
>>
>>85451750
Too bad the CBR mods banned him
>>
>>85451662
Hey there Tumblr. You'he a long way from home
>>
>>85451819
probably got a new name by now
>>
>>85451662
Racist
>>
>>85450000
Yeah, that's where you draw the line.
>>
>>85451383
How is the Power of Shazam?
>>
>>85451662
Cho's said nothing about GG. Nigga just wants to draw some tig ole biddies, nothing wrong with that.

Also, Rucka identifies as a woman. He's a bit of a SJW.
>>
>>85451785
Well he started that webcomic after the Rebirth announcements didn't give John top billing. I think this might tip the scales
>>
But will Batgirl and Nightwing fuck?
>>
>>85451856
I don't think Desh could resist posting about John and I haven't seen any new Johnfags on CBR so probably not
>>
>>85452025
>Also, Rucka identifies as a woman. He's a bit of a SJW.
wut
>>
Note to OP.

Just fucking stop it.

I know you are pissed Ed decided to end things with you, but he's a married man for fuck's sake. Also, fuck anyone who thinks that dried up Crypt Taker says about Trump blowing up the world would lead to a Socialist paradise being built on the ashes. Thinking we can survive four years of that Nazi scum is reasonable grounds for a break-up, even if you give the best head this side of the Appalachian Mountains.
>>
>>85452022
It's pretty good, worth a read.

I think it started the older Billy trend though if that bootyblasts you, he was like 14 in it.
>>
>>85449363
Does Rucka think he owns Wonder Woman or what?
>>
>>85452062
No, Nightwing and Huntress will. And Nightwing will probably stop by Teen Titans for a quickie with Starfire
>>
>>85452022
The Graphic Novel that launched the series is shit but the ongoing is pretty good. Ordway basically brought all of the insane Marvel family shit back to the DC Universe after DC banned Mary and CM Jr and their ilk from canon following Crisis.

He also created the concept of Black Adam as a misunderstood anti-hero and created the concept of Sivana as Lex Luthor's business rival and Mr Mind being part of a hive mind of worms.
>>
>>85452205
Too good to be true, much like the Wally teamup book.
>>
>>85452115
He said somewhere that he "feels like a woman trapped in a man's body", or something along those lines.
>>
>>85452241
Nightwing/Huntress Rebirth

Every issue, they fuck, and then call Babs to tell her
>>
>>85452205
>Dick having a relationship with anyone
>especially anyone who isn't Barbara

See this is how I know you're a big fat phony
>>
>>85452116

Oh come on.....

Maggie had no clue Ed was married and quite frankly, Ed led her on.

And who cares about politics. For fuck's sake, it's bad enough all of our friends are actively shitting and pissing over the election as it is. I can't wait for the election season to be over with so I don't have to fucking walk around eggshells because our friends who support Trump keep getting into flamewars with our friends who support Hillary or who support Bernie!!!!
>>
oh for fuck's sake just wait a month for Jurgen's to get to his Clark Kent storytime and then we can say OP is shit.
>>
>>85449363
>*The plot of Red Dawn is still being worked out, but it will be similar to Forever Evil in that the Big Guns will be taken out by the Red Lanterns early on. The plan currently, is that the book will feature a slew of "lost" heroes reappearing to stop the Red Lanterns. In particular, the JSA will make their triumphant return in this arc.

Fucking bullshit, they wouldn't be setting up all these Lanterns just to get them out of the picture.
>>
>>85449579
>Levitz said no to Hickman's LoSH
GODDAMMIT LEVITZ.
>>
>>85449363
I'm not sure I'm willing to sacrifice the JLI to Connors/Palmiotti just so we can have Rucka try to fix Harley.
>>
>>85452360
Spoken like someone who wants to bring in 40 million illegal aliens to dilute the voting rights of "Flyover Country".

Get stuffed, Fascist.
>>
>>85452289
drawn by Joelle Jones

>>85452394
it's a lie but the second bulletpoint makes that a good thing anyway if it happens to be true
>>
>>85452360
No matter who gets elected, our nation's going to be fucked.

And Trump won't bring about the second coming of Hitler. The man can't even run a successful business for Christ sake!!!
>>
File: laughing.gif (732KB, 250x222px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.gif
732KB, 250x222px
>>85452285
>>
>>85452025
>Also, Rucka identifies as a woman. He's a bit of a SJW.

Now that's an actual sexist statement

Also Rucka has the right to choose whether his book's art resembles softcore porn
>>
>>85449579

It's time to let it go, Levitz. You're not writing the Legion anymore.
>>
>>85452321
Or we can say OP is shit because his stuff contradicts things we've already heard or are just against common sense
>>
>>85452445
Yeah, I like Hickman but making Brainiac-5 evil would be fucking retarded.
>>
>>85449579

Make this happen, please.
>>
>>85452447
Except Ed's got the most to lose if Trump gets elected. You can't expect a man in his position to stand idly by when people he has casual affairs with (and his marriage? it's an open one!) tell him point blank to stop being a crybaby about the possible election of a man who's policies would do him harm?

Maggie's not the only ex-lover who Ed has blocked for spouting garbage about Trump Presidency not being that big of a nightmare.
>>
>>85452481
>Also Rucka has the right to choose whether his book's art resembles softcore porn

And he chose to allow it based on the Scott and Sharp stuff.

The Cho drama was definitely more of a personality clash than anything actually dealing with art.
>>
>>85452556
>>85452447
>>85452433
>>85452360
>>85452306
>>85452116

What the fuck did I just read? And is Ed, Eddie Berganza?
>>
>>85452481
>sexist
>I’ve said this before and people don’t actually take me seriously when I say it – there’s that joke about being a male lesbian, but I female-identify, and I always have since I was very young. I am not transgendered; I’m not looking for gender reassignment. I clearly have more testosterone flowing through me than most men need, and you can tell just by looking at me. I’m comfortable with my maleness, but for whatever reason the way I’m wired, I have always female-identified.
His own words
>>
>>85452637
If so, holy shit....

But why would Eddie be at risk of a Trump Presidency?
>>
>>85449729
>They want to elevate the GL franchise again
>Make all GLs dissapear and let the JSA confront the Red Lanterns

Yeah, totally legit
>>
>>85452447
As an outsider you nood to self destruct. If trumpt gets in international relations are fucked. If clinton gets in that is self destruct from inside the US. She cant do anything pls for the rest of the world go beyond a two party system. You fuck the rest of us up too
>>
>>85452637
>>85452692
I assumed it was just some shitposting from /pol/ or something that they use to autosage threads.

Like when people used to spam wikipedia entries.
>>
>>85452703
Johns isn't writing any books so he can't stop it anon
It all makes sense
>>
>>85449822
Honestly now that DC has lost Johns for the time being, we could use a "main" universe writer.

I'm not sure he's the right guy, though.
>>
>>85452692
Ed's bisexual and Hispanic. He would fall prey to Trump's anti-Hispanic policies and whatever anti-gay legislation Pence pushes to be made into law in Congress under Trump's watch.
>>
>>85452790
Johns is basically head editor for all the books and it sounded like it would go on for a while rather than just at launch.
>>
>>85452703
I think OP means the JLA will disappear and the JSA and other "lost" heroes will make their return to hold the line while Hal gathers the rest of the Lanterns together to be the cavalry that actually fights the final battle.
>>
>>85452804
DC hasn't lost Johns, he's still apparently steering the ship with weekly meetings with every writer. He's just not writing a book himself at the moment.
>>
Okay so this major event is a crossover with The Watchmen?

My apologies, I've not been following it.

That has me genuinely wondering:

Are they going to bring The Endless into this?

They used to be directly connected to the fabric of DC/Vertigo's Reality, then a bunch of reboots happened.
>>
>>85449579
>>85449363
Okay OP I'm gonna bite and play along with you.

Do you know any of this?

Do you happen to know what it is that Tom King pitched to DC?

What is the new JLA book about? Who is writing? What is the line-up?

How are they fixing Superman's continuity?

Is Booster Gold coming back?

What is happening with Tim's generation? Conner, Cassie and Bart. Are they coming back?

Rumored writers for Shazam? Atom? LoSH?

Is anything with The Question coming up?

What could be writing next the guys that currently are writing just one title?
>>
File: 1468653468695.jpg (39KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
1468653468695.jpg
39KB, 500x301px
>>85452481
I didn't know facts were sexist. Actually, I wasn't too sure if you were baiting or not until you replied.
>>
>>85452965
The idea of Rebirth is that SOMEONE, presumably Dr. Manhattan, fucked with the universe during Flashpoint. He stole 10 years worth of moments- first meetings, key relationship moments, turning points for character development.

There was Pandora(from Trinity War and Trinity of Sin) that got killed in the same way as Rorschach.
There's some guy calling himself Mr. Oz in the Superman books, generally being suspicious, but not outright sinister.

Just read DC Universe Rebirth.
>>
>>85452965
Johns intended the Trinity of Sin to be the replacement Endless but dropped it once Neil came back to write Sandman Overture.

>>85452969
Grant Morrison has first dibs on anything Question related and as far as he is concerned, the only Question that is allowed to exist is the Earth 4 version. We pray Rucka never tries to dust off Renee as Question, since that would mean another Earth One debacle but this time, us potentially losing Grant Morrison's services for another five plus years.

Cassie was supposed to show up in Titans in the Titans of Myth storyline which Rucka vetoed. She would have been picked by Thia to replace Donna as leader of the Star Children that the Titans kidnapped and raised.

Bart is MIA for good, especially since there has been talks about giving the Impulse name to Wally.

Ordway is up for Shazam but no contract has been signed yet.

Brad Meltzer has made a pitch towards writing Atom but his pitch had nothing to do with the set-up from Rebirth so it will be a no-go.
>>
File: 1456034069959.gif (2MB, 316x213px) Image search: [Google]
1456034069959.gif
2MB, 316x213px
>>85449363
>all this
>no source
>almost 200 replies
>>
>>85453250
That's bullshit. It's not true. It is not.

Impulse returned in the KFC special.
>>
>>85453205
he's asking the fake leaker not actual canon
>>
>>85453282
Im pretty sure few people auctualy belive op.

Then again this is the board (myself included) who got tricked into thinking starro was in the powerless trailer
>>
>>85453282
>not enjoying a fun fanfic thread without taking it seriously

we've already proven OP is wrong, just enjoy the ride
>>
>>85453307
This is probably the biggest indication for me that they'll put with Bart with LoSH soon, he didn't need to be in the issue at all but he was there and the books sort of use continuity at the time of their writing like how they had the DCYou costumes in the first one
>>
>>85453250
Okay but DickBabs, DickFire, or DickHunt?
>>
Fake spoiler man why did Waid and Johns have dinner together?
>>
>>85453718
They fucked
>>
>>85453561
None of the above.

Current plan is Dick/Donna, partly to give justification for why Dick is in the Titans and because Abnett only agreed to write the book if he could dictate storyline direction not be a slave to the whims of the Batman editors.

So Dick/Babs and Dick/Huntress is dead and buried until further notice, no matter how much furniture breaking and crying the Batfamily writers and editors engage in.

And Dick/Starfire, while it is being restored to canon, isn't going to happen again anytime soon due to them on different teams.
>>
>>85453842
>Dick/babs
>ever dying
This is how we know you're a fake.
>>
>>85453718
For Geoff to gloat about how better DC is doing than Marvel.

Also, for Waid to get reassurance DC didn't lie to him about canceling the Flash by Mark Waid book just so they could "resolicit it".
>>
>>85453842
Fail, Titans is already moving with Donna/Roy
>>
>>85453859
It's going away. They want Nightwing on the Titans and Abnett wants Donna as Dick's OTL.

The editors on the Batman books were livid when they were told that Dick/Babs was dead.

But they have to suffer the death of the 'ship since Nightwing became sales poison when the editors used the reboot to reclaim Dick and make discontinuity all of Dick's Titans adventures. Nightwing sells far better when he's getting his dick sucked by a Titan, not one of Batman's female sidekicks.
>>
>>85453842
>Dick/Donna

But this is gross and incestuous. And her and Roy were being lewd last issue.
>>
>>85452922
This sounds good. Too bad it's going to be written by Humphries if true.
>>
>>85453979
Donna/Roy isn't happening, because they are going to bring Cheshire and Lian back to cockblock the reunion, causing Roy to want to back away from relationships so he can concentrate on raising his kid.

Donna and Dick will then hook up on the rebound.
>>
>>85452851
How can Eddie be gay when he's known throughout fandom as the creepy sexual harassing douchebag DC won't fire?
>>
>>85453250
>>85453250

>Trinity of Sin
>Replacements for the Endless

Well shit. I kinda hope that this is a near full Vertigo crossover.

If the Endless were to come back they'd be pissed. Death and Destiny especially but Destruction may be pissed enough over someone undoing his siblings to take up the mantle again (especially for dearest Delirium).

Hm. I hope Neil lets that happen.
>>
>>85453018
>He thinks he's woman, therefore he is SJW

keep on shitpostin
>>
>>85453998
But you said Rucka has control over Donna, and he works with the Bat editors.

Explain that.
>>
Leaker tell someone in charge to get Linsner on a Zatanna monthly Black Book #3 was so great.
>>
>>85453896
So, Waid isn't coming back to DC at all?

DC could use some real talent, and Waid does WAY better in DC than Marvel.
>>
>>85454101
I've heard that rumor before, that part of his behavior was because he was closeted or something. But they might have been mixing it up with the Dark Horse (I think) guy who would harass men.
>>
>>85454113
The Endless won't reference all of the shit going on in the DC Universe when they come back. Neil made it conditional of him letting DC do more spin-offs of the Endless/Sandman universe, that they exist in their own little bubble world where the New 52 and Rebirth never happened.
>>
>>85454177
He was pretty bad in his last DC years. I don't want him back unless it's editorial.
>>
What's Jason Fabok and Ivan Reis working on?
>>
>>85454307
This. I need to know.

Reis better be working on Rise of the Seven Seas. Nobody can draw Aquaman like the fucker.
>>
Does Johns actually ship Hal/Sinestro or did he accidentally write them as gay soulmates?
>>
Is Grant Morrison involved in any of DC's future plans?
>>
>>85454149

Part of the compromise between Abnett and Rucka over Abnett using Donna, who Rucka doesn't give a fuck about (he's a Cassie fan).

Rucka has to let Dick/Babs die so Donna/Dick can live as the OTP, in exchange for being allowed to cockblock Abnett from being allowed to touch Donna's convoluted origin outside allowing Abnett pretend the Finch run never happened.

Rucka hates doing this, but a pissing match with Abnett (one of the few guys who made Bendis back down when Bendis tried to fuck with Abnett at Marvel) would make things harder for him succeed with Operation Steal Harley from Amanda Connors.

Rucka has considerable power, but Abnett won't take his shit and Titans is considered a higher profile book than WW in the grand scheme of things in Rebirth in terms of priority.

And if Rucka made a scene and forced Donna/Dick to not happen/pull Dick from Titans, then certain editors who already don't want to make Amanda leave Harley Quinn, would tell him to write a Donna Troy ongoing and cockblock him from touching Harley, since he wasted too much valuable capital trying to pull a Byrne and yank Donna from a book where she's a commercially viable character in.
>>
>>85454190

>They exist in their own little bubble world where the New 52 and Rebirth never happened

Doesn't that mean they're technically MORE likely to reference everything going on if they show up? It's way more believable that the Endless are watching all this shit going on with some sort of Reality TV in Death or Delirium's domain.

Watching, waiting, but not interacting with at all.
>>
>>85454307
they're both on Suicide Squad
>>
>>85454528
Will Tim die? Will Jason be revealed as gay?
>>
>>85454551
The plan as it is, is to basically just have whoever writes the Endless spin-offs ignore the DCU in general.

Neil and other people at DC don't like the idea of having the Endless as part of the DCU and regret allowing it to happen in the first place in the late 80s. Especially since it has created all sorts of issues with pitching Sandman as a movie/tv show, since the Infinity Inc/Doctor Destiny stuff has to be omitted and creates holes in the plot that they fear fans would not accept being rewritten.
>>
>>85454528

wait he hates Donna but doesn't want anyone else to give her backstory??
>>
>>85454688
>since the Infinity Inc/Doctor Destiny stuff has to be omitted and creates holes in the plot that they fear fans would not accept being rewritten

Where can i read more to get the background on this please?
>>
>>85454752

??? that first arc has Sandman meeting a bunch of DC Characters to get his shit back is what he's talking about
>>
>>85454551
Well I feel dumb.

For some reason it had never occurred to me that the whole DC Universe thing would be a problem.

And I've been following the whole Spiderman/Fantastic Four/X-men/Rest of the Marvel Universe Movie Multiverse debacle.

Bluh, okay, I understand why the Endless haven't been in anything.

Also why the Endless haven't been referenced in Lucifer (the TV Show).

Also why the Endless may not appear in American Gods (the TV Show) but it'd be so cool if they could.

All because part 4 of The Sandman ties it in with the DC Universe proper.

Neil would have to genuinely re-write that part of his story somehow in order to let some of his most interesting characters appear in his more expansive works.

I have sadness now.
>>
>>85454635
>Will Jason be revealed as gay?

As if Scott "I'm not Bendis" Lobdell would do such a thing
>>
>>85454752
Dr Destiny was the final act villain in the first Sandman trade (his magic ruby is one of Morpheus's talismans). Issue #6 of Sandman is the infamous "24 Hour" story where Destiny terrorizes and murders a group of innocent people and #7 has Sandman beat him up to get the talisman back.

Also, in Infinity Inc, Fury got knocked up by Silver Scarab, who dies and has his brain put into the body of the Jack Kirby 70s Sandman. They go into the Dreaming at the end of Infinity Inc since Silver Scarab can't live in the real world in his new body.

Neil had Morpheus kill Silver Scarab while mocking him as a fake replacement for the "Real Sandman" and then starts scheming to steal their baby as his heir apparent. In the end, Loki manipulates Lyta into summoning the Furies to kill Morpheus after Loki makes it look like Morpheus kidnapped/killed her son, ironically causing the kid to become a new host for Morpheus's power as the new Dream of the Endless.
>>
>>85454528
So whatever Rucka has planned for Harley and that crime noir story, whatever is the fate of Harley & Ivy?
>>
>>85454898
The main reason though is that Neil Gaiman is a shithead who's pissed off that Greg Weisman (of Gargoyles, GL:TAS, Young Justice fame) used Death in Captain Atom without bending the knee and asking Neil for permission/final approval of the issue in question.

After that, Neil refused to sign a new contract with DC unless they banned all other writers from using the Endless (save Destiny, the one that Neil didn't create) in other DC mainline books without his permission.

Keith Giffen had to kiss Neil's ass to feature Death in a cameo role in his Legion final issue and Paul Cornell had to outright beg Neil to let him do the Death/Lex Luthor issue and even then had to let Neil rewrite the issue too to allow him to use her for both one issue and a later cameo in Action #900
>>
>>85454816
The Land of Mists (I think is the part 4's title) goes into it more fully.

The Batman villain gets his hands on Dream's gemstone that he put a shit ton of dreamy reality warping magics into.

Dr. Fate then walks into a homestyle diner and experiments with it's capabilities on the people within. He makes them think a whole lot of things are happening that aren't, a lot of them tame or sexual until he strips them of their humanity.

Then the bigger male rips the throat out of the smaller male for supremacy over the females.

Shit just gets worse from there.

After getting his Gem back, Dream hands the villain over to the Justice League.
>>
>>85455135

>Keith Giffen had to kiss Neil's ass to feature Death in a cameo role in his Legion final issue

that's not true, no one was paying attention to the book. that's why he did the event that had her cameo ffs
>>
>>85449363
>no source
>Amanda Connors
>Connors
Yeah fuck off
>>
>Regarding the possessiveness of fans-turned-pro and their attitude towards other creators’ “mistreatment” of their favorite characters, I vaguely remember hearing that Roy Thomas was so enraged by reading the issue of Neil Gaiman’s “Sandman” where the Hector Hall Sandman was dismissed to the afterlife, that he tore the book to shreds and sent it back to DC.

LOL

>>85455167

i read 50 issues of sandman and don't remember any of that.

sandman is actually garbage y'all
>>
>>85449933
>Christopher Priest (who was hired back with the intent to secretly manipulate him into writing the characters full-time)
Why the fuck do both companies try to stick that man onto just writing black people? He's good at it, but he has constantly said that he hates when that happens
>>
>>85455004
Broke up when Harley realizes Ivy never loved her/manipulated their entire relationship so that Ivy could humiliate Joker, in retaliation for Joker mocking Ivy as a villain.
>>
>>85455394
That would be a cool story though no way DC would risk pissing off the Ivy/Harley shippers by debunking the relationship with noir level predatory lesbian shit.
>>
File: IMG_20160814_024223.jpg (85KB, 537x605px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160814_024223.jpg
85KB, 537x605px
>>85455394
>tfw DC is going to pull a Sirens ending again

God no
>>
>>85454922
It's not up to Lobdell. In fact, because of Lobdell's spat with SJWs on Twitter, Geoff Johns is forcing Lobdell to write Jason as bi in the future. There will be a moment where Jason seduces one of Black Mask's men to get information.

Lobdell was only allowed to write Red Hood and the Outlaws as long as he followed editorial orders. A lot of the initial Rebirth arc was plotted by editorial. The main reason Jason is infiltrating Black Mask in the first place is because editorial wanted to revisit the only good story Jason has had since his resurrection. Lobdell is only there to fill in dialogue, and after that Twitter incident, he's been given specific orders to not have Jason show any romantic interest in a woman.
>>
>>85455394
>>85455457

On a side note, it would make a lot of sense. Though Joker would have to kill Ivy once the reveal is made to keep him from coming off as a cuck.
>>
>>85455512
What Twitter incident?
>>
>>85455167
Dr. Dee was the worst part of Sandman
>>
>>85454459
probably accidental. I bet he thought he was writing them as just REALLY CLOSE FRIENDS. Classic 'DC writes gay without meaning to'

don't care though, they're gay soulmates
>>
>>85449363
Talk about flops.
>>
>>85455670
https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/243424441038684160
>And for all you Hal/Sinestro fans...read GL #0...and stay tuned! :) The story is only getting started!

he knows
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mv9ociJ5on1qb7gwr.png (445KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mv9ociJ5on1qb7gwr.png
445KB, 500x494px
>>85455670
>Classic 'DC writes gay without meaning to'
>>
>>85449579
>>85449363

Well this all sounds like complete horseshit
>>
File: flasheobardfriendandpartner.jpg (75KB, 303x504px) Image search: [Google]
flasheobardfriendandpartner.jpg
75KB, 303x504px
>>85455717
Classic.
>DC also probably thinks Eobard Thawne is straight
>>
What about this Batman Elseworld-like story SGM is doing?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/13/sean-gordon-murphy-exclusively-for-two-years-on-two-batman-comics-from-dc-comics/

Is DC finally bringing back Elseworlds?
>>
>>85455853
His tweets are all we know about it

But he did have a Batman book called Steampunk Gotham or something back in 2012 but it ended up not happening
He might just retry that if he doesn't just do soemthing new
>>
File: batwank.gif (408KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
batwank.gif
408KB, 300x300px
WOW.

Fanfiction the thread sure got a lot of love this evening.
>>
>>85454528
How could Rucka pull Dick from anything?
>>
>>85455580
Who am I, Bendis?
>>
>>85449363
Oh my god just have Donna as being Diana's little sister for fuck's sake.
Why do they insist on complicating this shit with bullshit?
>>
>>85454129
>implying I'm wrong

I'm not black just because I say I am, senôr. It just means I'm crazy. Same goes for Rucka and CWC. By believing they're a "male lesbian" and by expressing regressive ideals they are indeed justifiably considered an SJW.
>>
>>85456317
>wanting Donna to have simple history

Why do you hate comics?
>>
How are they fixing Superman's current continuity mess and when? Will they be incorporating Pre-Flashpoint continuity?
>>
>>85454528
So Seeley gets no say in anything despite being the nightwing writer?
>>
>>85456637
>How are they fixing Superman's current continuity mess and when?

There is no mess
>>
>>85456792
If you keep telling yourself that, maybe it'll become true.
>>
>>85449474
Which blue beetle? jaime or ted? cause i love both so i want both to be boosted.
>>
>>85456780
Seeley doesn't really care either way. In fact, Seeley and Rucka, both being of the "progressive" type, already have a plan to deal with the fallout, by making both Barbara and Helena bisexual, and the Bat office will have to follow them (and keep in mind that Seeley technically created the new Helena, while Rucka considers pre-Flashpoint Huntress to be one of "his" characters). Dick turns down Barbara in Nightwing, and then Helena in Birds of Prey, so they end up hatefucking each other. This leads to additional tension among them in the Birds of Prey book.
>>
>>85449579
> There are talks about reviving Brave and the Bold, as a Nightwing/Wally West team-up book

WHICH DICK DO I NEED TO SUCK TO MAKE THIS A REALITY?
A Hard Traveling Heroes book would be better for them desu
>>
>>85456814

I understand it. Maybe you're a retard
>>
>>85456959
Mine
>>
>>85456961

>Weird War Tales will be revived as a horror anthology

>Tom King

I hate the little bits of good rumors in this bs
>>
*Booster Gold is set to appear in Blue Beetle later in 2017 and later in the year or in 2018 he is going to spin off into his own ongoing. DC are having trouble finding a suitable writer, they've approached Christopher Priest but he is very busy at the moment with researching and writing Deathstroke, if Priest declines the DC will look for a young new writer and gamble.

*Brendan McCarthy is in talks with DC, he will draw the last issue of Dr. Fate and has pitched a mini that he will both write and draw.

*DC are trying to groom Steve Orlando and put him on a flagship title to build up his name and create a fanbase that will follow him on obscure characters. He has been spending a lot of time brainstorming with Geoff Johns so his next project will either be JSA or Shazam.

*Weird War Tales will be revived as a horror anthology. DC have approached Garth Ennis, Tom King, Jimmy Palmiotti, Brian Azzarello, Sam Humphries, Bill Sienkiewicz, Jae Lee, Phil Winslade, Ryan Browne and Ryan Kelly to work on it.
>>
>>85457007
Aw, he deleted it
>>
>>85449579
>along with a new Omega Men book
lol, stopped reading here
>>
>>85457039
>*Brendan McCarthy is in talks with DC, he will draw the last issue of Dr. Fate and has pitched a mini that he will both write and draw.
>*Weird War Tales will be revived as a horror anthology. DC have approached Garth Ennis, Tom King, Jimmy Palmiotti, Brian Azzarello, Sam Humphries, Bill Sienkiewicz, Jae Lee, Phil Winslade, Ryan Browne and Ryan Kelly to work on it.
Why must you taunt me so.
>>
DC you can have this one for free

Brave and the Bold lettering/title/design, the words The Brave/The Bold are in Flash/Nightwing font and colors and they switch every issue. (So issue 1, in the title Brave and the Bold, Brave is in Nightwing font/color, Bold is in Flash font/color)
>>
File: bullshit.png (28KB, 1098x186px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.png
28KB, 1098x186px
>>85457040

Unrelated we gotta bitch at Marvel for a Vision Omnibus.
>>
Guys, only the rumors with asterisks are from the OP. Dick/Donna isn't happening
>>
>>85457133
So no bi Jason, Helena, and babs? Good.
>>
>>85457054
You know, McCarthy did pitch a Creeper mini to DC years ago. If people would e-mail DC or use twitter to tell them how awesome that would be then in this current time period I can see it happening.
>>
>>85457175
*No, those are happening for sure. The higher ups want a bi Robin, and Jason has spent the least time as Robin so the stigma of Batman fucking Robin won't be as bad. Babs and Helena are definitely banging, because Rucka wants more bi women in Gotham.
>>
>>85457278

hasn't it become a running joke about all the lesbians in gotham
>>
>>85456968
I understand that convulted mess perfectly and yet that doesn't magically make it all a good status quo by any stretch of the imagination. Stop sucking DC's dick.
>>
>>85457299
*Exactly, Rucka is furious that one of the most prominent women in Gotham still isn't bi like the others, so he wants to change that. Remember that Batwoman was originally supposed to be Barbara with her legs healed, and Rucka had planned to have a love triangle between Barbara, Dick, and Renee.
>>
I can't remember a "Leak" Thread being this detailed. Remember when /co/ thought that the guy who was gonna die on Rebirth was Superboy Prime and that Wally was gonna be pissed off at Barry and this will all tie-in with Multiversity somehow?
>>
>>85449393
Those quotation marks aren't authoritative enough for you?
>>
>>85457039
King said he wanted to do something fucking obscure like Atomic Knights.
>>
>>85457708
I was about to say that was obviously fake in how stupid it was, but considering what we actually got included "there are 3 jokers, watchmen is canon" I suppose stupidity isn't a valid reason for inauthenticity
>>
>>85457708
Oh here's another part of I remember. Constantine would have a scene where he talks with the actual DC Execs and says he's had enough of this shit and is gonna fly back to Britain.

Give me a minute and I'll dump the Rebirth "Spoilers" then
>>
>>85457708
Yep. I also remember Wallyfags already justifying their boy wanting to kill Barry.
>>
>>85456780
OP again. Seeley's say in the matter is that he gets to STFU and let Abnett run the show with regards to Nightwing.

Can not underscore that DC regrets letting the Batbooks steal Nightwing away like they did in the reboot, let alone the failure of Grayson, which was a huge black mark in the eyes of a lot of people, especially the suits in the WB, who didn't understand why Dick Grayson wasnt wearing a costume anymore.

Returning Dick to the greater DC Universe was one of those things Geoff decided upon as part of restoring the DC Universe to greatness. Geoff basically realizes that the entire Grayson spy retool was a mistake, so having Abnett control Dick the same way Marv Wolfman did for nearly 14 years, is seen as a way to try and bring back lapsed fans who never liked how the Batman editors undid the years of character development Dick had a New Teen Titan.

Also, Booster is being embargoed until they figure out if the AC/JLI book launches. If it doesn't happen, he'll be in Blue Beetle but if it doesn't, expect him to be exclusive to JLI.....
>>
>>85457722
Source? Weird War Tales is pretty obscure though.
>>
>>85452481
Because Cho's variant covers were anything more than
>>
>>85457759
>let alone the failure of Grayson,
It wasn't a failure though.
>>
>>85457755
Barry should still pay for Flashpoint though.
>>
>>85457752
Dumping the past Rebirth "Spoilers" so we can laugh and point out how stupid everyone was back then

>*Superboy Prime is the big death in DC Rebirth #1. The Gentry kill him to try and silence him from telling Post-Crisis Superman about their threat.

>*Ra's Al Ghul is now in charge of the Manhunters. Paul Kirk is his bodyguard and they imply that they are going to redo Millennium via Ra's Manhunters having spies throughout the super-hero community.

>*The corrupted Nu Earth 2 Darkseid/Apokalips has vanished and replaced with the OG Earth 2. We meet up with the Earth 2 Spectre, who puts up a barrier keeping people from other planets (IE the people from the Earth 2 comic) from returning to the new planet.

>*The big shocker is that OG Wally has joined the Gentry. They offered a position in their group to Superboy Prime, but he recoiled in horror at what they truly were. Wally on the other hand, having lost everything and then some and pissed the fuck at Barry did during Flashpoint, takes their offer up.

>*Ted Kord is Blue Beetle, who's backstory is that he was a vigilante hero who everyone hated because he was light-hearted and silly, until something bad happened when he tried to get the JLA into making him a member. He retired after that until Jaime Reyes resurfaces (it's vague how much of the Nu52 still happened for Jaime, except to say that Jaime has been stuck in outer space for quite some time) and Ted seeks him out to take him under his wing. It should be noted that Jaime's no longer got the scarab/armor and will be getting a low tech costume similar to Ted's trademark suit.
The last one actually seems to be pretty near to what Rebirth was establishing. We won't know much about Ted's history if it's still the same.

And I just remembered. What the fuck is happening to Didio's Kamandi Challenge Mini? It had the fucking creative teams and everything and now I ain't hearing shit
>>
>>85457800
It was Manhattan, Barry dindu nuffin.
>>
>*Joker's secret identity will intersect with Donna Troy's tangled origins in that Joker, like Donna Troy, is a retcon that walks like a man. Joker's a walking retcon who's origin changes depending on which fragment from the multiverse is the dominant one, ala Donna Troy and her tangled ever changing backstory. That makes Joker a key to the multiverse (similar to how Donna was revealed to be one in Infinite Crisis) and central to the mystery of the true nature of the DC Universe.

>*Mr Twister is an agent of the Gentry, who's specifically after the Titans. It's also implied in his interaction with the team and Dick (as seen in Justice League #52) that he's wiping out the legacies as part of a meta plot to kill the DC Universe.

>*The new "original" Doctor Fate teases the existence of the JSA in a scene where he holds a meeting with John Constantine. Constantine seeks him out after an off-screen fight with Geoff Johns creation Johnny Sorrow and announces he is leaving the US for the UK, tired of dealing with super-heroes and their ilk.

>*It's mentioned in the Superman segment of the story that the 30th Century is inaccessible and stuck in a time storm, which will be the plot point for any status quo changes to the Legion if and when they come back.

>*The Red Lanterns get a major tease in the story, with it implied strongly that they have cut a deal with the Gentry to serve them in exchange for some unstated reward for their alliance.
>>
>* JLI is mentioned in one segment, as Batman wanting to expand the League and Barry shitting on the JLI as a failed experiment that needs not be be repeated.

>*Damian and Starfire are going to have an interesting relationship, in terms of Starfire treating him as a surrogate son and Damian not knowing how to handle a non-evil mother figure.

>* Hal's absence from Earth is going to be a big deal and the Red Lantern/Gentry alliance is going to end up a big deal, Sinestro Corps War big deal in terms of build-up and pay-off. Same with the Manhunter/Ra's Al Ghul storyline

>*Finally, the deaths of the male Amazons is getting retconned and retconned hard in Rebirth, when Wonder Woman finds them all alive and well, when the JLA shut down a Ra's Al Ghul/Manhunter training camp/brainwashing camp. They raid the camp and find a brainwashing facility and Diana recognizes several of them as her "brothers" and uses the lasso on them to find out that they were sold to Ra's Al Ghul by Hephaestus in exchange for Ra's giving him Manhunter alien tech. This kick starts the whole Rucka storyline of WW realizing that her whole existence has been a lie/been manipulated with falsehoods.
>>
>>85457708
then you missed this one: http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/80085175/

literally all fake
>>
>>85457804
>>*The big shocker is that OG Wally has joined the Gentry. They offered a position in their group to Superboy Prime, but he recoiled in horror at what they truly were. Wally on the other hand, having lost everything and then some and pissed the fuck at Barry did during Flashpoint, takes their offer up.

This is against everything Wally represents, holy shit.
>>
>>85457759
Abnett sounds like cancer. When can he fuck off already?
>>
>>85457759
>Blackmark
Really?
>>
>>85457813
Barry still gave the opportunity for Manhattan to fuck up though.
>>
>>85449363
>John Stewart as "Yellow Lantern"
why he has a pink ring already
>>
>>85457759
No asterisks, not OP, obviously fake

Plus, Nightwing has been with the Batbooks since the 90s
>>
>>85457871
I'm kind of convinced it's just Johns shitposting now. That sounds like what someone who actually had inside info would post to upset people. Literally the opposite of what happened.
>>
>>85457907
Manhattan was fucking it up even before that. And Barry wasn't in his right mind anyway due to Mirror Master's trick.
>>
>>85457860
There wasn't really any spoilers here as much as just "plans" which all turned out to be fake anyway. And that didn't get reposted as much as this one.
>>
>>85457984
Just pointing out that detailed "leak" threads happen somewhat frequently. There was the X-Men one too.

At best it's company guys just posting shit that isn't finalized to see how fans will respond to it. Or they like fucking with us by posting shit that has been turned down for sure.
>>
>>85457777
An AMA he did on Reddit last month. He mentioned it as something of the style he would like to do, taking an obscure property and go nuts with him. He thinks you can do anything with any character. Moore did Watchmen with what essentially were the Charlton characters.
>>
>>85458119
Ahh so these things are usually just giant fakes or misdirection?
>>
>>85458169
>Reddit gets screators that answers their questions
>we get retards shitposting and making up rumors whole the majority actually believe the bullshit
>>
>>85458204
yeah it's still fun but you have to be aware

>>85458213
Lieber still comes by in Fix storytimes
>>
>>85457932
I think the real key is the side tangent about "Ed". Maybe the shit poster is someone at DC who's pissed off that she fucked the Notorious Eddie B only to get dumped when he found out that she was a Trump supporter?
>>
>>85449579
>>85449363
Fuck off, Jesse.
>>
>>85458246
*fart noises*
>>
>>85458339
Barganza being the poster makes the most sense. He's the type who would be right at home here on 4chan and given the amount of bad press he's received over the years, I can see him being petty and posting fake spoilers here to mess with Rich and others who have made noise about his bad behavior...
>>
>>85458213
That's the price you pay when this place is full of assholes.
>>
>>85458169
>>85458213
He also said he would like to write Superman someday.
>>
>JSA return during a Red Scare

POTTERY
>>
>>85458457
Problem with that is that Barganza is responsible for a lot of the editorial decisions that made Rebirth necessary. I doubt that he'd be trolling us like that, unless he's slamming the crap he himself came up with in order to throw us off the scent....
>>
>>85458546
That's why I know this isn't Jesse. He's not clever to come up with such poetry.....
>>
>>85458559
I don't think he's self-aware enough to realize the stuff that's his fault.
>>
>>85458579
You do know Maggie hates being called Jesse, right? That's like one of her biggest pet peeves (that and being called Ms Margaret or by her full name, Jessica Elisabeth Margaret).....
>>
>>85458624
Maggie also hates pets, smoking, and men who wears hats.

The fact that she and Eddie were together for as long as they were, as his mistress, was a shocking given how annoying she was.
>>
>>85458662
Yeah. I remember when Johns and some of his friends were forced to check their hats with her because she wouldn't let them into seeing one of the WB executives wearing ball caps. I think Jim Lee nearly cried when she ranted at him that he was too old to be wearing a baseball cap and to buy a suit.

A shame her and Eddie broke up; they were a good example of opposites attracting.....
>>
>>85449363
>>85449579
Original sauce: his ass
>>
>>85458712
My favorite Maggie story was her ranting about how Wonder Woman needed to wear pants because her legs would be cut up in battle. Little batshit crazy things like that which only an out of touch mid-level WB executive would say.

Shame about Eddie though. Without her protecting his ass, he's probably going to get fired soon.
>>
File: jbfb.jpg (166KB, 500x635px) Image search: [Google]
jbfb.jpg
166KB, 500x635px
>>85458712
>>85458662
>>85458624
>>85458579
Fuck off, Jesse Baker.
>>
>>85458760
Mags was not out of touch, she was just ornery.

How she ended up with Eddie I'll never know.....
>>
>>85449363
Nothing on Supersons?
>>
>>85458832
OP isn't a real insider.
>>
>>85458832

DC had to scrap the first few issues of Supersons for being too erotic, which is why it's now delayed until next year.
>>
File: UQqdk34L_bigger.jpg (58KB, 978x297px) Image search: [Google]
UQqdk34L_bigger.jpg
58KB, 978x297px
>>85458832
>>
>>85458712

aaaand I'm lost. Who are these people (aside from Johns and Lee of course)?
>>
>>85457856
>>*Damian and Starfire are going to have an interesting relationship, in terms of Starfire treating him as a surrogate son and Damian not knowing how to handle a non-evil mother figure.

tfw this isn't happening

why even live
>>
>>85457877
u batfucks are cancer. with muh grayson and dickbabs
>>
>>85457039
Well, these sound great.
>>
>>85459839
fuck off back to ribbit.
>>
>>85449729
That second paragraph sounds like fanfiction.
>>
>>85450389
>what is jlu

John only worked in JLU because Hawkgirl.

What stories would you ACTUALLY do with him in the mainstream DCU?
>>
>>85452725
If Hillary gets in we'll be going to war with Russia.

I'd rather Trump send some Mexicans back to Mexico than have us throw money at a war.
>>
You mentioned that a new Justice League Internacional is possible. Do you have any ideas if Booster, Fire and Ice would appear at all?
>>
>>85459431
Berganza is editor famous for dumb stories and RAPING EVERY WOMAN THAT WORKS AT DC, RETWEET FURTHER. No idea who's Maggie.
>>
>>85457860

It doesn't sound fake, just initial plans probably being replaced by something better. Titans Hunt was meant to be for Wally's return and they ditched it for Rebirth the last second.
>>
>>85449363
Red Dawn and Yellow Lantern sound tentatively interesting, but I'll believe it when I see it.
>>
>>85453250
>there has been talks about giving the Impulse name to Wally

not to older wally, i hope.
>>
>>85449579
>Brainiac 5 going evil

Yeah, thats *never* happened before
>>
>>85450806
>Conner
>SJW
She literally openly antagonizes SJWs, you dipshit. She's a cheesecake artist.
>>
>>85460699
>She's a cheesecake artist.
Trump incarnate.
>>
>>85449363
OP WHY IS DAMIAN NOT IN THE BATBOOKS ? NEWS ABOUT SUPERSONS ?
>>
>>85457039
>Priest gets to write Quantum and Woody:Blue and Gold edition
kek
>>
>>85449555
> Legion
> Hickman

People would bitch about such a combo like they did Legion Lost, but that would only make me read it more.
>>
>>85453250
>Grant Morrison has first dibs on anything Question related and as far as he is concerned, the only Question that is allowed to exist is the Earth 4 version. We pray Rucka never tries to dust off Renee as Question, since that would mean another Earth One debacle but this time, us potentially losing Grant Morrison's services for another five plus years.
You said the same thing about Blue Beetle but now Teds in Jaimes ongoing
>>
>>85449933
>>85455392
Fake as fuck since Priest in his last interview said that he'll working on milestone.
>>
>>85449363
>DC may eventually have to cave to Rucka, so they are basically trying to offset things by offering Connors a Justice League International ongoing, under the notion that Connors could make the book a commercial success and allow them a means to boost Blue Beetle's Hitch's JLA's sales

Fuck it, I'd read it as long as it didn't get 2 4th wall-y. Connor would definitely have Fire sexually bully Ted which is also my fetish.
>>
DC was in talks with Alan Moore to relaunch their books of magic series, but he chased them away with unintelligible british insults.
>>
Haven't been to /co/ for a while. Are these kind of "dirtsheet" threads common now? I sure as fuck hope they are because I've gotten so used to them on /wooo/

We should really have more of these even if they're total bullshit, there's a serious lack of behind the scenes dirt and stories in general in the comic world even in the age of podcasts.
>>
Or maybe I just haven't found the right podcasts?
>>
>>85461572
>Are these kind of "dirtsheet" threads common now?
Kinda. Every couple of weeks you see some big LEAK thread.
Movies are way more common.
>>
>>85454688
>Especially since it has created all sorts of issues with pitching Sandman as a movie/tv show, since the Infinity Inc/Doctor Destiny stuff has to be omitted
Wow, you'd have to skip two unessential story arcs in a 75+ issue run. What a complete disaster.
>>
>>85461588
yeah I hope I come across more of them. We need to do more material like this even if it's fake as shit. I mean the comics business is just as crazy as wrestling in some ways and there's probably plenty of stories about people being massive egotistical dicks, horrible business decisions being made and talent being wasted etc. and I always thought it sucked how there wasn't some kind of Comic Observer dropping dirt all the time.
>>
So...anything on Superbro?

Are they fixing Superman continuity?

Is the powerless Clark Kent really Prime?
>>
>>85457278
>Rucka wants more bi women in Gotham.
Then just make cass and steph a couple ffs
>>
>>85461999
>implying it wouldn't be Cass and Harper
>>
>>85449579
>*The pitch, in particular, had among other things: Brainiac 5 going evil, several major Legion members dying (including the founding three), some risky sex stuff, and Mon-El's entire backstory getting the "Anatomy Lesson" treatment as far as revealing he was never from the 20th Century and was created by Brainy.

That sounds fucking awful.
>>
>>85462019
No fuck you. Steph needs to have cass comfort her when tim dies
>>
>Mon-El's entire backstory getting the "Anatomy Lesson" treatment as far as revealing he was never from the 20th Century and was created by Brainy.
What exactly is Anatomy Lesson reference here? Was some story with a similar swerve called that?
>>
>>85462119
Alan Moore's Swamp Thing.
>>
>>85462271
ah thanks
>>
>>85457759
>Seeley's say in the matter is that he gets to STFU and let Abnett run the show with regards to Nightwing.

Lmfao, Nightwing outsold Titans by heads and shoulders. This shit is fake.
>>
>>85457800
Stop acting like a whinny bitch.
>>
>>85449579
>Jonathan Hickman submitted a pitch for DC for a Legion ongoing

I'll take Rucka's bullshit over Hickman any day of the week.
>>
>>85461999
*That's in the works as well. In fact, in the next issue, Stephanie will confess to Tim that she's really a lesbian (full gay, not bi), and that she's been sleeping with both Cass and Harper behind his back. She'll also say that they're way better in the sack than he'll ever be, and Tim kills himself out of white male shame.

*Also, the way we find out about Babs and Helena is when Dinah walks in on Helena in a Nightwing costume plowing Babs from behind with a strapon (Babs is definitely a bottom).
>>
>>85464435
Lel
>>
>>85449697
Me too, I kept re-reading it. It wasn't until I read your comment that I realized it was "fall in with Lex".
>>
>>85452671
Gender identity is so confusing.
>>
>>85453250
>Brad Meltzer has made a pitch towards writing Atom
Sure, why not give him an Elongated Man book while you're at it.
>>
>>85455135
So what did Kevin Smith have to do to tie Ollie's resurrection into Dream's capture?
>>
>>85457400
>Remember that Batwoman was originally supposed to be Barbara with her legs healed, and Rucka had planned to have a love triangle between Barbara, Dick, and Renee.
That sounds dumb as hell, but I guess now I understand why Dick hit on her in 52.
>>
>>85455512
False. I've seen Lobdell's original pitch for the book and it was always about Jason infiltrating Black Mask. The only thing editorial put on Lobdell were Bizarro and Artemis as the new Outlaws, something that Lobdell has admitted himself on numerous interviews.
>>
>>85464808
Original pitch? Is that what he said with Gorilla Grodd and Starfire's sister whose codename I forgot?
>>
>>85464906
Nah. Back then Bizarro and Artemis were already part of the team and the general flow of the story was the same. There were a couple of differences that spun from editorial having different plans for the characters Lobdell wanted to use like Bane or Hugo Strange.
>>
>>85464942
Also, Lobdell in fact wanted to play up the whole "Jason is bi" thing before. One of his earliest pitches for Red Hood/Arsenal was to have Jason and Roy infilitrate a crime family by going undercover as a gay couple. But after they end the job, Roy finds his dying mother whom genuinely believes they are couple and he begs Jason to keep the facade to make her happy.

Editorial vetoed that pitch.
>>
>>85454525
Some Multiversity Too stuff
>>
>>85465220
>>85454525
Also his Batman Elseworld compilation book
>>
The JlI rumor is actually true to some extent. Dc was in talks with Gail Simone to write it but she refused because of personal reasons, then Dc decided to give it to Conners. Dc has plans for Booster, Fire, Guy, Ice, Elongated Man, Blue Bettle, Tasmanian Devil, Blue devil, Judo master and Captain Atom to appear.
I only saw the designs for Ice and Fire. For Ice she loses her current hair and uses her previous one of the original run but longer, as for her outfit,let´s say it´s a combination of Weiss from Rwby tv show and Elsa from frozen. As for Fire her outfit is the most provocative that she ever used in the comics.
>>
>>85465321
Out of all the rumors this one does actually sound the most realistic.
It'd be nice to see some humor out of them that doesn't rely on lolsorandumb and JLI is perfect for that
>>
>>85465321
>Palmiotti and Conner may actually leave Harley

Yaaaay!
Please be true
>>
>>85465321
Look here, fuckface, this isn't the first time in this thread that you her her name wrong. Kindly fuck off with your ass leaks.
>>
>>85465462
Actually the book is going to have lots of humor, while at the same time each member has some troubled past.
I forgot to mention but Sue Dibny will appear in the book as the spokeswoman of the team and one of the plots for Elongated man is being afraid that Sue will be attacked by the villians
>>
>>85465321

Maxwell Lord will also be returning more, Giffen and Company felt like the current Rebirth Atmosphere is the perfect time to continue on what they started in Generation Lost after Flashpoint snuffed out whatever hope that was going for the Justice League Internation Series.

There's also a reason why Didio's Kamandi Challenge hasn't been brought up lately, it seems that there's been several scheduling conflicts with the different creative teams, they're still figuring out the order on which team does' which issue.

Johns is also bracing the company for Marvel's newest relaunch. They intentionally delayed titles like JSA, Supersons, The Atom, and Shazam so that they too can generate some hype once Marvel starts releasing their newer titles. They're also trying to find out a way to see if they can manage to have Billy back with the Captain Marvel moniker.

Also depending on how the minis do later this year. They'll start doing even more of them to please fans of fringe characters. They'll also be using this as an opportunity to test out their participants of the DC Creative Workshop. If they do well, they're expecting to do more of them, if they do so and so they'll thin out the later miniseries but will still do them with the expectations Rebirth will shoulder them.
>>
>>85461572
The dirtsheet threads are the best threads on /wooo/

who is yer boy lad?
>>
>>85465688
>>85465321
>Generations Lost
Jaime or Ted then?
>>
>>85464808
Was Lobdell the only one who pitched for the book or were there others?
>>
File: pepenonrare.jpg (39KB, 396x381px) Image search: [Google]
pepenonrare.jpg
39KB, 396x381px
>mfw they are idiots in this thread that actually believe this load of shit from a troll on one of the worst boards of this shitty site...
>>
>>85465791
Would probably be Ted since they'd want the nostalgia and Jaime would get the solo. Which sucks because I'd lovee to see more solo Ted

>>85465839
Its been a slow news week, I just like having fun bullshittery like this occasionally
Also
>le frog man
>>
>>85465791
Ted
>>
>>85465872
Ted simply doesn't works on solos, Jaime does.
I say let Jaime get the solo and probably a non-shitty version of the Teen Titans and Ted JLI...or just do the intelligent thing and keep both Jaime and Ted on the solo and them both on different teams.
>>
>>85465806
Only Lobdell.

In fact he was really surprised at being offered to write Jason for a third time.
>>
>>85465925
>Ted simply doesn't works on solos
That's because the last time he had one was Countdown to Infinite Crisis when he died and before that was Len Weins run in 1986.
We've never had a solo Ted ongoing since then.
>>
>>85466022
We had a couple issues in Convergence.

They were pretty damn good in spite of Scott Lobdell.
>>
>>85466022
Outside of Convergance when was the last time Tracey even showed up? Did she even show up in JLI?
>>
>>85466022
But CtIC despite killing him off really showed us the potential of the character as a solo charcter.
>>
>>85465063
*And the end result is that they were truly in love all along
>>
>>85449363
"Amanda Conner wanted Bonkers D. Bobcat to appear in the pages of Harley Quinn. She was apparently committed to this idea and detailed plans for a 60+ issue saga involving Harley going to Hollywood, being arrested by Bonkers, and later being forced to team up to unravel a conspiracy plot that reaches to the highest levels of the Toon Division. Whenever an editor tried to explain that Bonkers is a Disney character and is not part of the DCU, she would noisily interrupt them by taking an enthusiastic bong hit.

"This, along with an incident at a company New Years Party where Conner, on the fourth day of what would be a weeklong cocaine bender, repeatedly told Jim Lee he looked "just like Mulan," led to Rucka's push for her to be removed from the title."
>>
I love how it's obvious that other people are just adding their own BS, and no one can tell which is OP
>>
I just want that Nightwing/Flash team-up book to be true.
>>
>>85466134
How I wish this were true
>>
>>85466258
they should team up on donna
>>
File: Co9e2tlUsAAEJbZ.jpg (20KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Co9e2tlUsAAEJbZ.jpg
20KB, 320x320px
>>85466022
I'm assuming we'll get at least one arc of solo Ted in the new ongoing. The real question is if he'll suit up outside of this
>>
jjj
>>
>>85466161
Actually it's pretty easy to tell who OP is once you've read enough of his posts.
>>
>>85449393

These probably fake insider things show up whenever something sufficiently large (like Rucka feuding with Cho) happens.

I remember the ones for the [UNSOLICITED OPINIONS] page from Angela, and "Hail Hydra!" from Captain America.

At best, they might fool something like Bleeding Cool.
>>
>>85464435
I want both of these to happen. Except for the harper thing
>>
>Dick/Donna otp
Mmmmmaybe they'll be platonic? C’mon Rucka don't make me turn on you.
>>
>>85470148
No it's like full on sex
Balls deep in her amazon pussy
>>
>>85470148
wew lad don't believe the lies
>>
>>85465688

Batson getting the Captain Marvel name in the main DC universe would be great - if that's not happening, more multiverse stuff with Parker and Shane handling the character would be more than acceptable.
>>
>>85470198
Yeah, and their relationship gets really awkward when he accidentally calls her Diana in the middle of plowing her
>>
>>85470148
>platonic
When will this faggotry end?
>>
File: interesting if true.jpg (56KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
interesting if true.jpg
56KB, 500x375px
>>85449363
>>85449579
>>85457039
>>
>>85457278
Why can we not get bi Tim Drake?
>>
lol 400 replies on fake shit
>>
>>85470148
*It's actually going to be a setup for a second-generation all-female Trinity book with Donna, Batgirl, and Supergirl (who will get aged up to 21 like the others). Initially, there will be some jealousy between Babs and Donna, but they all come to an agreement and become the best of friends when they tie up Nightwing and agree to take turns raping him every night
>>
>>85471875
This needs to be a weekly thread.
>>
>>85471875
it's the funnest thread in a while and doesn't revolve around sjw shit and bitching or movies

that makes it a 10/10 imo
>>
>>85471375
Because of >>85464435
>>
>>85449579
>Brainiac 5 going evil
>edgy Legion
Fake or kill me.
>>
>>85467495
Which ones are OP then
>>
>>85449579
>Manhattan is more powerful than Superboy Prime
Bullshit!!!!
It's bullshit!!! right?!
>>
>>85449793
what pasta?
>>
>>85450070
>DC has wanted to capitalize on Starman for ages
all right
>but have been handcuffed due to the agreement made with Robinson to not let anyone touch Jack Knight after the series ended.
what? why?
>Rebirth is going to let them basically say Jack was erased from canon/retcon Will Peyton as Ted's kid, and basically redo the series with a character they can actively use.
I don't like how that sounds.
>>
>>85449363
>All promotional material of Superman is designed so we can't see his godawful boots
Just change it back already
>>
>>85450952
I do.
Fuck you.
>>
File: kek.png (45KB, 163x196px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
45KB, 163x196px
>>85451063
>>
>>85451195
Rucka pls go
>>
>>85451511
So that's why Baldis is so shitty?
>>
Hey OP
any news about the Dead Boy Detectives?
>>
>>85475053
*They're going to be gay
>>
>>85455135
>Death in Captain Atom
I remember reading this. It was good.
>>
>>85475187
I know you are playing retard so tell me more.
>>
>>85456945
Why you want everybody to be fucking bi OP?
>>
>>85457278
>Rucka wants more bi women in Gotham
fuck you Cucka
>>

This is literally the same thing as when Guy got his Yellow Ring. If you're gonna lie make it believable.
>>
>>85449579
>*Superboy Prime is going to be the "powerless" Clark Kent.
Fuck you anon, I want to believe this but without sources just fuck you
>>
File: 1466622399134.jpg (65KB, 535x434px) Image search: [Google]
1466622399134.jpg
65KB, 535x434px
>>85471934
>Nightwing and agree to take turns raping him every night
>>
>>85465872
He has a point thou.
>>
>>85450321
I believe this.
>>
File: image.png (972KB, 1542x882px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
972KB, 1542x882px
>>85452348
I miss the days when Superman was actually the hero of a line-wide event and not just jobbed off-panel in the first issue.
Thread posts: 451
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.