[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Jimmy die so goddamn often?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: ded jimmys.jpg (197KB, 832x799px) Image search: [Google]
ded jimmys.jpg
197KB, 832x799px
Why does Jimmy die so goddamn often?
>>
That wasn't Jimmy who died, that was Jimmy's older brother also named Jimmy.

people don't know what to do with him post-silver age for some reason.
>>
>>85448776
Snyder had the right idea, and so did CW's Supergirl. Either kill him off as a byproduct of the silver age that just doesn't work anymore, or adapt him for a new generation and update him into someone that people would be interested in.
>>
>>85448776
Which universe Bvs or Small?
>>
>>85448852

smallville
>>
>>85448776
>Hal, Jimmy, Wally

Why does DC do this so often?
>>
In movies filled with JL characters, there is no room for Jimmy Olsen.

You already have black Perry White and Lois Lane. I mean, not even Pete and Lana are that big of characters in the recent movies.
>>
>>85449081
>tfw we missed out on Laurence Fishburne saying "and don't call me Mr. White, Olsen!"
>>
>>85449045

Gingers were pretty much the nigger version of white people.

Since nowadays gingers aren't seen as soulless minorities anymore, they're making all the ginger characters into blackies.
>>
>>85449143
I'm talking about the relatives who have the same name not raceswaps. Did you even read why I replied to?

Fuck off /tv/, not everything is about race
>>
>>85449178
what I replied to*

alas
>>
They fucked it up with Man of Steel.

Honest to God, MoS wasn't thought out to be the start of a cinematic universe. That was Green Lantern. MoS was just a stand-alone movie by the visionaries Nolan, Goyer and Snyder.

For example there are tons of DC characters in it with another role in the same way The Dark Knight series would do.

For example Christopher Meloni's character, who's called Colonel Nathan Hardy, but has a callsign of "The Guardian".
Or Captain Carrie Farris, who says that Superman is hot. She's obviously Carrol Ferris.

In the case of Jimmy Olsen he had a pussy in the movie, in the form of Jenny Jurwich. The guy who's trapped beneath tons of rubble and that Perry and Lombard tries to save.
>>
>>85448776

>people don't know what to do with him post-silver age for some reason.

Batman stole Jimmy's spot as Superman's pal.
>>
>>85448845
>byproduct of the silver age that doesn't work anymore.
We still have gingers and awkward, eager to please losers, anon. If nothing else, a little of Jimmy's brand of comic relief would go a long fucking way in the DCEU.
Or you could use Kirby's version, who was a bike gang leading bad ass.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.