[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Disney tries to make a Thunderbolts movie, will WB sue? They'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

If Disney tries to make a Thunderbolts movie, will WB sue?

They'd have a case since SS was the obvious inspiration for Thunderbolts in the comics.
>>
D O G S H I T R O S T ER
>>
anything to bankrupt them
>>
Also, OP, this thread is retarded. Go to >>>/biz/
>>
>>85442584
They don't really have a case because Thunderbolts is already an established thing. The courts would ask "Why didn't you sue back when this thing was new?"
>>
>>85442584
>They'd have a case since SS was the obvious inspiration for Thunderbolts in the comics.
For Ellis's roster, but not the actual T-Bolts.
>>
>>85442584
You're retarded. That's not how it works.
>>
>>85442584
>They'd have a case since SS was the obvious inspiration for Thunderbolts in the comics.

SS is about hardened criminals being forced into covert missions by the government.

Thunderbolts was about criminals disguising themselves as heroes in an attempt to use their fame as a scheme but some of them actually make the transition to true heroes themselves.
>>
>>85442667
>>OP posts obvious bait
>>retards respond
That's pretty much exactly how it works, anon.
>>
>>85442735
Some anons like to sound smart no matter how obvious the bait is.
>>
>>85442679
>Deadpool isn't a ripoff of Deathstroke because muh quips
>>
>>85442584
Probably doesn't deserve a serious answer but no, they wouldn't have a case.

John Ostrander has outright said that the movie The Dirty Dozen was an inspiration for Suicide Squad, but the makers of The Dirty Dozen won't sue. You can't copyright the general tone of a story or the basic outline of a story, it has to be beat-for-beat similar.

Plus everything is inspired by something else so everybody could sue everybody under that.
>>
>>85442584
No, original concept of Thunderbolts had nothing in common with Suicide Squad.
>>
>>85442584
>Implying it is possible to win a legal battle against disney
>Implying anyone can even survive one
>>
>>85442781
Deadpool doesn't even look like Deathstroke anymore. He's much more a rip-off of Spider-Man.
>>
DC and Marvel have been ripping each other's heroes off since the beginning. Are you just not noticing this?
>>
>>85442584
>I only read Frankbolts
>>
>>85442584
They wouldn't. Feign blatantly stated they will never make a dark or more serious movie and they want to keep them all light hearted.
>>
>>85442584
Thanks for reminding me that Flash is a skinny, uppity fuck in the new Spider-Man movie and not buff and poor.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.