[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats everyones recent favorite Joker? Both animated and live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Joker_in_Under_the_Red_Hood.png (546KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Joker_in_Under_the_Red_Hood.png
546KB, 1280x720px
Whats everyones recent favorite Joker? Both animated and live action, not including Hamill and before though since thats too easy.

I'd have to pick DiMaggio. I'm actually really upset he's only been in Under the Red Hood, since his design and voice was one of my favorite things about the movie.
>>
I couldn't take DiMaggio seriously. His voice is too deep.
>>
>>85442869
Which makes it really unnerving when he's softspoken, like he was as the Joker.
The one from The Batman was interesting.
>>
>>85442869
in context he was suppose to be an aged Joker.
>>
>>85442435

I can't believe people actually like that Joker and that movie. The writing was cringy and awful and his voice was so out of place for that role. Mainly the writing was the problem (Bender's fine when he's doing Bender). I mean:

>I'll need some guys... but not those guys, they're kind of dead HAHAHAHAHA

Come op, you couldn't come up with cringier lines even if you were trying.
>>
>>85442869

His version felt like old school, gangster Joker, very nostalgic.
>>
>>85442435
I used to work with comic book artwork, and a small run with film direction and so forth.

Watching The Killing Joke for me was painful, I really wanted a movie that focused on the Joker like how it needed to be. I kept thinking during the film "Why is all this Batgirl shit here, when they could have given us more of the man before The Joker."

A good example is opening the movie up on him at the comedy club walking out, camera panned behind the head, and bombing the joke followed by a heckler making some insult that gets laughs, cut to the story. Fill the movie with fantastic animation, great art direction, and little additions to add onto the main story of The Killing Joke.

But in terms of recent best Jokers, The Dark Knight Returns, I dont know why, but I enjoy it, but Mark Hamil will always voice him the best.
>>
>>85442869
I agree with this >>85444948 when Joker was making an allusion it gained a sinister tone. It was kind of hit and miss though.

For example when he tells Todd in the beginning to "tell the big man I said, hello" it came off a little too much like he was trying to intimidate. However when he later mocks Todd's fate in Arkham with "Even tougher making with the yucks when you're worm food" it hit the sweet spot.
>>
I love DiMaggio's joker. Hamil is obviously a legend, but I think Dimaggio is a good second.

>>85446473
Wasn't cringy at all. That whole scene was awesome.
>>
>>85446903

It was probably the most cringy thing that has ever been committed to film. I can't understand how you could actually think it wasn't all cringy. Are you literally autistic? Like professionally diagnosed?
>>
>>85446994
I got a different opinion and now I'm autistic. Welp, this is my life now.
>>
>>85447075

This is more than just a difference in opinion, it's on the same level as if you claimed water wasn't wet. A difference in opinion would be whether one episode of Batman TAS was better or worse than another. You're actually talking about this "[not being] cringy at all":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC_kYmKXrbY

It's the most embarrassing, MOMS GONNA FREAK, viscerally uncomfortable to watch garbage writing scene I know of. You cannot possibly hold that opinion and still not be autistic.
>>
>>85446568
I mean if you want to see that scene go watch BTAS. They literally open up an episode in that exact way.
>>
>>85447395
well that's just like your opinion man.
>>
>>85447395
literally...
I can't even...ugh...

I can't believe people have different opinions than me...
>>
File: latest-33.jpg (38KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
latest-33.jpg
38KB, 1024x767px
>>85442435
I know not everyone is too keen on this one, but I really like this take on the joker.
>>
>>85447395
Water isn't wet.

>covered or soaked with water or another liquid

Being wet is something water causes, no something water is.

Also, Ken Jeong as animated Joker when?
>>
File: Robocop seizure.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Robocop seizure.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>85442435
The Dark Knight Rises.

Fight me. And, yes, I liked Peter Weller as an aged Batman/Robocop.

*Joker shoots Carrie Kelley*
>Joker: "Bye-bye, baby!"
>Batman: "Joker!"
>Joker: "Okay, I give up! Heehee!"
>Batman: "I'm not arresting you anymore."
>Joker: "Now, wait a minute! You're taking this kind of personal, aren't ya? C'mon, now! You're making me nervous! C'mon, now, you can't do this! C'mon, now! Don't mess around! Hey, hey! Come on, man, don't get cute!"
*Batman breaks his code and almost kills the Joker*
>>
>>85447395
Have a (you) it's on the house.
>>
No love for Emerson? I'm disappointed, he was a sensational Joker as far as I'm concerned.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.