[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

literally exposition the character, half his dialogue is muh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: rick-flag.jpg (33KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
rick-flag.jpg
33KB, 320x320px
literally exposition the character, half his dialogue is muh enchantress and explaining something.
>>
>>85428222
S-SHE CAN CCUT YOU IN ONE SWORD SLASH LIKE MOVIN THE LAAWN
>>
Hick Flag was awful.
I'd rather they just cast Baby Eastwood as that character. Might as well have an actor who was nice to look at while he did nothing but be boring
>>
>>85428231
SHE HAS HUSBAND IN SWORD
>>
>>85428258
you keep saying this every time flagg is brought up, its getting tot he point of autistic obsession anon stop it.
>>
>>85428222
no that was Waller, flagg was great and wineing about moon isnt exposition
>>
>think Flag is just a boring straight man
>exactly what he is at the start of Ostranders run
>tfw watching him slowly lose it and losing all his life in the squad
There was no chance we were gonna get a good Flag in a film, theres just not enough time. Squad would work better as a show with its procedural nature
>>
>>85428292
SHE CAN USE HER HUSBAND TO CUT YOUR LAWN
>>
>>85429779
He literally told the audience, everything there is to know about Katana.
>>
>>85429843
AND HER HUSBAND ISN'T MEXICAN
EL DIABLO IS MEXICAN, TALK TO HIM
>>
>>85429855
and?
>>
>>85430032
and that's exposition
>>
THIS HERE'S KATANA
SHE'S GOT MY BACK
I ADVISE NOT GETTING KILLED BY HER
HER BLADE TRAPS THE SOULS OF THE PEOPLE SHE'S KILLED
>>
>>85430197
its reaching considering it was the only scene you could think off, besides he was jsut trying to big her up in front of the others.
>>
>>85429843
So like a normal wife?
>>
>>85428222
>The only person on the mission in the know about literally anything regarding it provides exposition
WHO'D HAVE THUNK
>>
>>85428231
Who mows a lawn in one slash? Or even with a sword?
What the fuck does this even mean?
>>
>>85428222
>all these threads complaining about SS
>none about Croc being blackwashed

I'm so proud of you /co/
>>
>>85431101

Does it really matter when you're under 20 pounds of latex?

It would be like someone being mad that Oscar Isaac isn't actually Egyptian. When you're under that much makeup at some point it stops being relevant.
>>
>>85430372
But he also starts explaining how her husband is trapped in the sword when she's mourning him.

Seemed a bit unnecessary considering most people would've made the connection without Flagg having to spell it out for us.
>>
>>85431101
Wasnt croc already black in comics?
>>
>>85431223
He always was.
>>
>>85428231
But can she cut a lawn with with relative ease?
>>
>>85431218

Probably a victim of reshoots. Cutting Katana's screen-time down to nothing forces Flagg to just vomit out exposition about her to fill in the caps.
>>
>>85430853
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eqKGT5yFuHw
>>
>>85431139
>Does it really matter when you're under 20 pounds of latex?

That's a MLK quote, isn't it?
>>
>>85431265
So she was as useless as that idiot?
>>
File: croc.jpg (2MB, 1228x1234px) Image search: [Google]
croc.jpg
2MB, 1228x1234px
>>85431101
Well there is a precedent.
>>
>>85431101
Anybody have the story about the guy wanting to fuck Killer Croc up until he found out he was black?
>>
>exposition is bad because
>>
>>85432992
Show, don't tell

Simple principle
>>
>>85433023
Doesn't stop Nolan from being praised
>>
Wonder if he ever tricked moon into saying "enchantress" so he could fuck her
>>
>>85433023
Explain why exposition inhernetly is bad without resorting to an arbitrary phrase you've seen someone else say
>>
>>85433235
Because when everything we know about a character is what we're being told, rather than what they're shown to be capable of. It makes a character boring.
>>
>>85428222
I couldn't tell the difference between that guy and the other white guy with a short mustache, they looked too similar.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.