[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

live action

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 5173305-emoxlou.jpg (101KB, 700x535px) Image search: [Google]
5173305-emoxlou.jpg
101KB, 700x535px
Im probably the only person on /co/ who likes Rick Flagg and probably one of about 15 people on here who read the Ostrander run, but Kinnerman was fucking great as flagg.

Are there any other characters you like the portrays of in live action /co/media?
>>
File: Faora.jpg (461KB, 618x929px) Image search: [Google]
Faora.jpg
461KB, 618x929px
>>85417415
>Are there any other characters you like the portrays of in live action /co/media?
>>
He was good in the comic but Bronze Tiger kind of eclipsed him by the end of the run which kind of made him forgettable.

Haven't seen the move yet.
>>
>>85417732
>but Bronze Tiger kind of eclipsed him by the end of the run which kind of made him forgettable.
bro wut? he practically died in the Onslaught base explosion and ended up fightin dinos
>>
>>85417732
Benjiman was based though, wish we had more of him and ravan
>>
>>85417415
I still think Scott Eastwood would have been better as Flagg.
>>
>>85417415
Jai Courtney as Boomerang stole the show for me. I especially loved the scene where he waved a lighter in front of El Diablo.
Can't wait for the director's cut so we can see him be a real cunt.
>>
File: Dredd 3D 12.jpg (117KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
Dredd 3D 12.jpg
117KB, 500x328px
I honestly think Rick Flagg is the hinge of Suicide Squad as a concept, and one of the key elements that keep it from being a cliche "wacky villains do evil shit but all turns out well in the end" story. He's a dude genuinely trying to sort out his issues and do the right thing, but he's not a hero and doesn't really fool himself into thinking he's one. He's no GI Joe but he hasn't gone full aloof super soldier either. He stands in a very broad gray area, and while he has his moods and his angsty bits, he feels very human. And I'm interested to see how they translated that into the movie.

Also, to answer OP's question, pic related. I could spend hours talking about how well the movie got both characters.
>>
>>85417415
>That successful suicide mission into Jotunheim
>Staring down The Wall
>"Listen, sleazebag. I'm not your friend, I'm not your parole officer, I'm not your social worker, and I don't HAVE to be nice to you."

Flag is fucking based.
>>
>>85417932
Great post, hot shot.
>>
>there are other flaggfags on co
well shit, /co/ has some taste after all
>>
>>85418158
It happens. Suicide Squad as a concept just doesn't work for me unless there's people in there who are doing it out of a sincere desire to get better, be it June Moon trying to get rid of Enchantress, Ben Turner trying to get over his killing days, Count Vertigo dealing with his insanity or Rick Flagg struggling to put together the pieces of a busted-ass life while still upholding the patriotism he was raised into. Your Boomerangs and your Duchesses are all great at balancing things out, so are the one-shot guest appearances like Penguin and so, but SS to me works best when it's half Dirty Dozen and half therapy group.
>>
>>85418266
Based JA
>>
best one
>>
Flag was a total stooge in the movie.
>>
File: CaptainColdTV.jpg (20KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
CaptainColdTV.jpg
20KB, 512x384px
>>85417681
I like her as Ursa, not so much as Faora.
>>85417415
I really like Rick Flagg too.

One portrayal I think gets unfairly shafted is the 90s TV version of Capt. Cold. Yes, he's more of straightforward badguy and goes against a lot of Cold's rules from the comics, but I think he still nails it in his actor'ss restrained and in charge demeanor. He just pulls it off so well, the differences between him and the comic don't bother me.
>>
>>85420523
why is he blue?
>>
>>85421029
He's albino.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.