[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Action Comics >Literally retreading old shit and is dragging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 15

File: SM_Cv5_ds.jpg (253KB, 750x1153px) Image search: [Google]
SM_Cv5_ds.jpg
253KB, 750x1153px
Action Comics
>Literally retreading old shit and is dragging with shit art

Superman
>unoriginal story line with a kid that people just like because its "cute"

Why are people acting like this shit is any better than Morrison or Pak's new 52 runs?
>>
Most people like New Super-Man the most out of the Superbooks.

There are some casuals who think those main books are what pre-Flashpoint Superman was like but knowledgeable readers know that's not the case. Tomasi's book is kind of ok (though boring) but Action is straight up trash.
>>
>>85416924
New Super-Man (Its hilarious that all of them have hyphens) and Superwoman are the only good superman books so far
>>
>>85416880
>pak's
>good
>morrison's
>good
superman hasnt had a good book for 10 years
>>
>>85416924
this
NSM is much better, and Superwoman had a much more promising and dense #1 than Action and Superman did
>>
>>85417033
Pleb taste
>>
>>85416880
>Why are people acting like this shit is any better than Morrison or Pak's new 52 runs?+ 0 post omitted.
Is anybody anywhere doing that?

>>85417064
I'm digging the spinoffs too. Hopefully Supergirl continues the trend.
>>
>>85417033
I bet you didn't even read them
>>
>>85417265
Yup. I was just listening to a podcast that said this is the first time Superman books have been good since the new 52 started
>>
>>85417317
That hardly suggests it's a common opinion.
People are just hyped on Rebirth right now.

What was the podcast?
>>
>>85417276
I did they were both trash, morrison's moreso
>>
>>85417347
11 O'Clock Comics

That's not even the only place I've heard that Clois shippers seem to be saying the same shit
>>
>>85417363
Your opinion is dumb, but I will say it was one of Morrison's weaker books minus the President Superman issue.
>>
>>85417403
>shippers being dumb and accepting any table scraps that fall in their direction

nothing new
>>
>>85417489
>President Superman issue.
supper nigger is literally the worse superman issue, and superman. even injustice superman is a better superman
>>
>>85417590
How so?
>>
>>85416880
Morrison and Pak (and Johns and Lobdell) literally did so much damage to the Superman comic brand (like Zack Snyder levels of fucked up).

Morrison's Action Comics was so shitty. He made Superman a Goldn Age Bully and had his parents killed by the Fifty Dimension. It doesn't matter if h apologized later, readers (like Linkara) fucking hated Bully Superman with dead parents (and nobody cares about the fifth dimension. Morrison's AC drove away Superman fans who went NOT MUH. Johns made it worse with SupesXWW and making him destroy an entire world. Lobdell made him boring DBZ and had him say stuff like Jelly. Pak was the final nail in coffin as the media was OUTRAGED at the image of Superman with a buzzcut wearing jeans an riding a edgy motorcycle.

You call these comics boring but these are what the Fans want.

Tomasi and Jurgens are fucking saving the Superman comic brand.
>>
>>85417489
It was good but hurt by the art a lot. I'm mad the backup looked better most of the time.
>>
>>85417625
weak bait
>>
File: 1455043049637.jpg (37KB, 413x435px)
1455043049637.jpg
37KB, 413x435px
>>85417625
>>
>>85417624
because superman being a boring mary sue piece of shit went out of style 60 years ago.
>>
>>85417711
In what way was he any of those things?
>>
>>85417625
Please don't feed the DCYou Trolls, the only Superman book they've read printed before 2011 was All Star. they have no expectation or frame of reference of what Superman should be.
>>
>>85417818
Okay let me play along with your troll post

How is Superman writen in Action any different from the New 52 Superman that people bitch about
>>
>>85417697
It's not bait, it TRUTH.

Morrison's AC was terrible. Pak's AC was terrible. Lobdell's Superman was terrible. Both Geoff Johns Superman was terrible (Superman in JL was also bad). Even Soule and Tomasi's Superman/WonderWoman runs were bad (seriously, there is literally no one sane on the planet that snipes Diana/Clark. Lois/Clark is the OTP).

Everything Nu52 Superman was done so bad that they had to not only kill him off but depower him an basically hint that he clearly isn't the real Superman them bring in the REAL Superman.

Morrison, Pak, Johns, Lobdell, all of them failed. And now Nu52 Superman is dead/normie and no longer the real Superman. And no one minds.

The End
*closes books*
>>
>>85417753
>president
>banging beyonce woman
>leader of a shitty team of the multiverse
>>
>>85417875
He's in love with Lois Lane.
>>
>>85418162
Seriously, why did DC think Wonder Woman and Superman hooking up was a good idea?
>>
>>85418230
merch and shit

I've seen merch of them kissing all over the place. The relationship could have been fun if it was written better
>>
>>85418162
New 52 was too. Didn't you read Doomed? Ending of Truth also clearly intended to set things up.
>>
>>85418230
The point was to show how bad of a couple they were and get it out of the way before the OTPs got retread.
>>
>>85418285
Pretty sure that was the Wendy's toys for a little while too.
>>
>>85417625
The depowered & doomed stuff was indeed lame but the Underground city, Ghost Soldier & the Lovecraft arcs were damn solid.
And so was the first arc of SMWW with Zod & Faora.
Hell the Magog arc was decent also.
>>
>>85418309
The DCYou had lot of stuff set up.

Imagine if it was actually successful. What could have been?
>>
Will some mother fucker actually EXPLAIN why Superman & Wonder Woman don't work together besides them both being equally powerful?
>>
>>85417033
Even if you didn't like the new 52 stuff, Johns and Busiek's runs didn't end until 2008/2009
>>
>>85418410
They're too similar in personality
>>
>>85418410
They were just incredibly boring together.
I dunno, I guess their personalities just make for a really dull couple.
Gives off the same vibe when they do it indifferent continuities, too.
>>
>>85417967
>president
Yes, and? Being the President doesn't mean jackshit, he could be a crappy President for all we know. Hell, Wondy implied he was losing his touch.

>banging beyonce woman
At no point was this even implied.

>>leader of a shitty team of the multiverse
First off, fuck you, that was a great fucking team. Secondly, of course he was the leader, he's fucking Superman.

Also, none of these things equal "Mary Sue", I don't think you understand what that term means and you're probably one of those idiots (or in this case, /pol/tard) who uses it to attack any character they don't like.
>>
>>85418567
Yeah, if anything he's banging his secretary
>>
>>85417967
I kinda wanna see him bang Aquawoman
>>
>>85418607
Aquawoman should be married to Mero
>>
>>85418382
I think that's kind of the trick here, Superwoman will fix new 52 Lois up then they bring back Superbro and get them together after giving preFP Clark and Lois a proper farewell/retirement.

Or they'll just merge them together. Whatever.
>>
>>85418567
>>85418601
It was kind of a love at first sight with him and eyepatch Lois imo.
>>
>>85418376

>And so was the first arc of SMWW with Zod & Faora.
>Hell the Magog arc was decent also.

I can defend Pak run, but i draw the line at SM/WW.

Peter Tomasi wrote them terribly. He had Wonder Woman as an autistic and uncaring warrior driven by blood-lust and Superman a bitch-y boy scout that had to "teach" Wonder Woman about how to be a proper super-hero and the importance of mortal lives.

Fuck that shit.
>>
>>85418410

Because the only reasons they're paired are these ones:

>Superman and Wonder Woman wear the colors of the American flag
>Superman and Wonder Woman are the most important heroes historically that DC has
>Superman and Wonder Woman are the most powerful and share almost the same powers
>Only Wonder Woman's mighty pussy can take Superman's powerful dickgame

The last one is the most important aspect, even. So when they're paired together Superman's mostly all SUPER, less man, and Wonder Woman's a schemy cunt tempting Superman to take over the world. It's always like that for some reason.
>>
>>85418829
Soule wrote the stories that anon is talking about
>>
>>85418955

Soule wrote Zod & Faora Nu52 introduction, which by the way... the fuck with Zod being introduced in Superman and Wonder Woman shitty couple comic? The shit, man.
Tomasi wrote the Circe and Magog arc.

In Soule's run Wonder Woman was the bitch-y girlfriend who couldn't understand and deal with Superman's need for secrecy and double life while Superman was shown as the "nigger boyfriend", constantly being shamed and taunted for dating Wonder Woman.

In Tomasi's run Wonder Woman was full on Frank Miller's Wonder Woman, the warrior bitch, and Superman had to go great lengths to remind her that despite mortals being weak and pathetic, they still deserve being cared for and treated with respect.
>>
>>85419096
Tomasi was much worse than Soule
>>
>>85419784

Somehow, yeah.

I don't even know which character he wrote worse.
>>
>>85416880
>Superman acting like actual Superman instead of edgy young bro
I can't possibly imagine why people like these books.....
>>
>>85420235
>being a hotheaded piece of shit who punches first and asks questions later
>acting like actual Superman

Nah, it is what casuals think of Supermen though so I'm not surprised someone like you might make that mistake
>>
Can people do a rec on what they think superman should be without saying fucking all star?

52 superman has ranged from really good(Morrison and Pak) to average but still ok (lobdell), what do you autist want a superman story to be?

Also what the fuck is with people saying new superman and superwomen are better then the core books, there the exact same quality, hell I think Superman is better then both of them
>>
>>85420544
Kelly, Johns, Busiek, Morrison, Pak (minus crossovers tbqh)

>Also what the fuck is with people saying new superman and superwomen are better then the core books, there the exact same quality, hell I think Superman is better then both of them

You just might not know what a good book is though, so reccs won't help you
>>
>>85420585

Kelly and Busiek are my favorite Superman's writers.
>>
The Superbooks are fucking batshit and i kinda love it.

We got Blue and Red back too!
>>
>>85418829
>He had Wonder Woman as an autistic and uncaring warrior driven by blood-lust
THAT WAS ONLY IN THE FUCKING FLASHBACKS TO THE JL ORIGIN ARCS!
> the fuck with Zod being introduced in Superman and Wonder Woman shitty couple comic?
Technically he was introduced in the villains month one shot.
>In Tomasi's run Wonder Woman was full on Frank Miller's Wonder Woman, the warrior bitch
Bullshit.
>>
>>85420690

Right?

And people should stop worrying about Nu52 Superman, specially after the release of Superwoman #1, where they hint with the "death" of Nu52 Lois that there's something weird.
>>
File: UM6i9SX.jpg (519KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
UM6i9SX.jpg
519KB, 1920x1080px
>>85416880
Why is no one commentating that APOKOLIPS ARMOR BATMAN IS BACK?
>>
>>85418945
>So when they're paired together Superman's mostly all SUPER, less man
Some of us fucking prefer that.
>and Wonder Woman's a schemy cunt tempting Superman to take over the world. It's always like that for some reason.
That never fucking happened tho.
>>
>>85420767

>THAT WAS ONLY IN THE FUCKING FLASHBACKS TO THE JL ORIGIN ARCS!

It shouldn't be there. It makes no sense given the character.

And it was a major focus of the arc with Magog being a victim of Darkseid's invasion, you know one of the many victims that Wonder Woman didn't want to stop to help, and with Circe going on all about the amazon's rape babies and how Hypollita was going to sell them to her so Circe could use them in her magical experiments. Wonder Woman even had to remind Superman several times that she had learned and was going to save people first.

Then in the other arcs you still have Wonder Woman acting first with her fists and thinking later, like when she invaded the facility the people of Clark's life was being held, instead of letting Superman do his thing which was having a proper word with the President.
>>
>>85420848
Shit, I didn't even notice till you pointed it out. That thing was metal as fuck, I'm ready.
>>
>>85417023
Superwoman is garbage though
>>
>>85420621
Kelly is okay. Not as good as Johns and Busiek though.
>>
>>85420803
While I believe Superbro may come back, I still think that cliffhanger just Lana having some kind of hallucination (possibly caused by the meds) since it seemed too catered to her exact fears so I don't know how much of a real hint that is.
>>
>>85420876

>Some of us fucking prefer that

What Superman fan likes to see him as an almighty alien chad?

>That never fucking happened tho

Right...
>>
File: AC_Cv959.jpg (82KB, 575x357px)
AC_Cv959.jpg
82KB, 575x357px
>Action Comics
>5 Issues of "GUISE I TOLD YOU I'M NOT SUPERMAN"

jesus christ just tell me who he fuckin is so I can stop giving a shit about this run.
>>
>>85421086

He's Clark Kent, you fucking casual. Holy shit.
>>
>>85421086
Don't forget Jurgens ignoring continuity to pretend like Death of Superman was the last time he fought Doomsday
>>
File: -011 copy.jpg (399KB, 1000x1574px)
-011 copy.jpg
399KB, 1000x1574px
>>85420235
>i never read superbro the post
>>
>>85420917
>It shouldn't be there. It makes no sense given the character.
The character doesn't need to be flawless & perfect her whole life, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!!!
>And it was a major focus of the arc with Magog being a victim of Darkseid's invasion, you know one of the many victims that Wonder Woman didn't want to stop to help
When the fucking apocalypse is a possibility, stopping the threat takes mother fucking priority.
>>
>>85421304
>JL members didn't adopt the hamsters
>not even Bruce who has a son at home who loves animals (unless Damian had died by this? I can't remember)

smdh
>>
>>85421071
>What Superman fan likes to see him as an almighty alien chad?
Plenty care about his sci-fi & super heroics then his boring ass street life.
>>85421071
>Right...
Toppling genocidal dictators & countries that torture and murder their citizens isn't taking over the world you fucking idiot.
>>
>>85417711

Mary Sue applies to only fanfiction characters, not fully licensed ones.

Otherwise every single protagonist that ever existed who won anything would be one. And when everyones a Mary Sue, the term ceases to have meaning
>>
>>85416880
>Literally retreading old shit
>unoriginal story line
>What is the entirety of Rebirth minus maybe New-Superman
>>
>>85421276
Only the best stories become canon faggot.
>Inb4 that godawful Reign of the Doomsdays event or NuDoomsday was good
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 679x864px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 679x864px
>>85416880
>ITT Marvelcucks on suicide watch
>>
>>85421337

>The character doesn't need to be flawless & perfect her whole life, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!!!

Tomasi took a brief exchange between Superman and Wonder Woman during Darkseid invasion, where Superman and Wonder Woman complimented each other strength, which apparently it was all the flirting necessary between the two for Geoff Johns, and turned that brief exchange into a huge argument that only served to prop Superman character up.

Wonder Woman, even a novice Wonder Woman, would NEVER TURN HER BACK TO INJURED BYSTANDER, much less stand there like an autistic murder-bot and shame the injured bystander for being weak and pathetic.

Fuck you if you think that's right in any way.

>When the fucking apocalypse is a possibility, stopping the threat takes mother fucking priority.

You, sir, have no idea who Wonder Woman and thus should shut the fuck up. See pic related? This is the worst take on Wonder Woman there ever was.
>>
>>85421613
Dan pls
>>
>>85418230

It's the most logical pairing. Lois and Clark is pretty outdated. It's no longer the 20th Century you know.

Make more sense for two superhumans to be romantically involved. Otherwise it's whole man of steel, woman of tissue kind of thing. And thats laughably unrealistic
>>
>>85421438

>toppling genocidal dictators & countries that torture and murder their citizens isn't taking over the world you fucking idiot

That's always how it starts with the couple. Then it ends with them taking over the world because their hands is the safest hands and you have you Justice Lords, Injustice, Red Son, Kingdom Come and so on type of messes.
>>
>>85421696
>Not muh Wonder Woman
Too bad there is no definitive Wonder Woman.
>>
>>85421696
>You, sir, have no idea who Wonder Woman
That is a fucking rule for ANYONE period.
If you stop to help people and the apocalypse happens because you didn't focus on the cause THEY FUCKING DIE ANYWAY!
>>
>>85421634
No actually, no one shits on Superman books more than Superman fans.

I'm glad though, we can't get complacent. The current books honestly aren't shit but we can do better for Superdad.
>>
>>85421764

So you would be okay if instead of Wonder Woman that had been Superman turning his back on injured senior and then calling the dying man weak?
>>
>>85421696
>much less stand there like an autistic murder-bot and shame the injured bystander for being weak and pathetic.
You fucking idiot, she wasn't shaming anyone, she genuinely did not fucking know human biology was so severely lacking in density compared to hers.
The Amazons are all she had to compare them too and they are notably more durable then humans still.
>>
>>85421764
>>85421767
>Tomasi apologists

Not that WW guy, but I think he's just bad at couples. Kyle/Natu was awful as well in GLC.
>>
>>85421809
No because he has lived with them for years and understand the nature of their biology compared to his, Diana had only been out in the world for a few weeks or months at that point.
>>
>>85421304
>crosseyed derpy as fuck in first panel
Flash is right though....so I don't understand your point. Real Supes knows they can't save everyone and that they can't spend every waking minute trying. They're not gods.
>>
>>85421769
Jurgans is exactly what I expected: Boring but not really bad. He's really fucking dragging his feet with the Doomsday fight though, wrap that shit up already. He's one of the few ones picking up on Johns plot threads with Mr. Oz though. So I'm going to stick with him for now.

Tomasi is pretty good though. I'm really enjoying how he's developing Jon and having Clark mentor him.

Overall I'd say things have the potential to get better, and they're at the best they've been since Morrison left.
>>
>>85417363
Do you just hate Kal-L?
>>
>>85421767

>If you stop to help people and the apocalypse happens because you didn't focus on the cause THEY FUCKING DIE ANYWAY!

You can do both, like Superman did. That was one of the points of the arc.

You don't need to throw Wonder Woman's character under the bus to prop Superman up. Specially when there's no point to the discussion. It only serves to paint one of the characters badly.

Imagine showing Batman not bothering to save a woman who's being raped because the Joker is about to blow Gotham up. No writer would do that.
>>
>>85421850
Clark/Lois in the main books are being written fine though.
>>
>>85421857
This.
>>
File: -028 copy.jpg (322KB, 1000x1568px)
-028 copy.jpg
322KB, 1000x1568px
>>85421863
>new 53 superman is edgy
>posts a panel showing him not being edgy
>u-uh flash is right even though he has nothing to do with the claim
>>
File: doom.jpg (225KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
225KB, 600x450px
>>85421086
Every SINGLE issue so far has been
>"This monster.. Killed me once"
>"I'm Clark Kent not Superman!"
>"I wanna help Daddy!"
>>
>>85421886
Yes because people are content to not challenge their character, they are happy letting them be perfect mary sues that don't ever have to make hard choices.
>>
>>85421817

>You fucking idiot, she wasn't shaming anyone, she genuinely did not fucking know human biology was so severely lacking in density compared to hers.
>The Amazons are all she had to compare them too and they are notably more durable then humans still.

She had been to men's world, she had known Steve Trevor, she had even ventured outside the island before finding Steve Trevor.

And even if she didn't knew that mortals were that weak, she'd never remain there and analyze the poor guy while he bleeds on sidewalk, and wonder out loud to the man's face just how weak and pathetic he is to not have the stamina and drive to defend himself. No would she let people die around her while she fight the monsters.
>>
>>85417898
>hint that he clearly isn't the real Superman them bring in the REAL Superman.
They didn't, the quote said BOTH Supermen are not what they think they are. Did you even read the issue or were you too busy fapping at the construct your memories made of Superman?
>>
>>85421917
Kind of feels like it just exists as status quo rather than actively being written. Which might be for the best if all people can do is forced drama shit.
>>
>>85421886
Basically this>>85421975

No character ever actually gets challenged in capeshit. It's partially why things have stagnated.
>>
>>85421857
>>85421955

Okay, what about kid Clark? Would like to see an arc where kid Clark see someone bleeding somewhere and she ask the man why he is too weak to stand up?

>>85421975

Why not challenge both characters then, instead of throwing one to make the other look good? In that arc Superman came out as the perfect Gary Stu. He came out as the wise and noble hero while Wonder Woman came out as the uncaring fool that had to be taught better.
>>
>>85421967
>>85421863
>>85421304
>>85420235
Also New 52 supes was written closer to his his first incarnation but post-crisis faggots don't know that.
>>
>>85421886
This is why Trinityshipping is bad and Worlds Finest shipping is the only acceptable combination. WW just doesn't have the same level of respect from creators and will always be portrayed like this when there's a conflict.
>>
>>85422075

>No character ever actually gets challenged in capeshit. It's partially why things have stagnated.

There was no challenge there, m8. Tomasi made Wonder Woman look bad so he could prop Superman up. What's challenging about that?
>>
>>85418410
Both of them have personalities that are better complimented by non-superhumans. They need someone more grounded and not get them tied up in twice as much bullshit.
>>
>>85421304

Superman: We should try to save people lives.

Flash: We should think of ourselves first. And come up with excuses for why we shouldnt help everyone

Batman: We can't have Superman wanting to save lives. He needs to be taken down
>>
It's ironic that Peter Tomasi wrote Wonder Woman as the uncaring blood-thisthy novice during Darkseid invasion when in the actual story-line Geoff Johns wrote just as that, pummeling both Batman and Green Lantern just for the fun of it and wrecking Parademons left and right like he was goddamn Wolverine.

If anyone, it should have been Superman the one being reminded by Wonder Woman to pay attention to the hurt people around him instead of losing himself in the fight.

Superman was shown as a major jerk-ass in the "Origin" arc, but Tomasi has him behaving like the classical Superman in his little flashback.
>>
>>85422098
I think that was only in the origin stuff. He settled in and wasn't really that different from Post-Crisis Superman to me by the end of it. That was kind of the point though of the run, to go through the eras along with Clark's personal growth.
>>
>>85416880
Superman is great. Action Comics, not so.
>>
>>85422280
>still blaming Johns for a Lee ghost-written arc

lmao
>>
>>85422333

I'm not blaming Johns, just trying to show how awful Tomasi portrayed Wonder Woman in his attempt to prop Superman up.

It was Superman who behaved like a cunt back during Darkseid invasion, not Wonder Woman. So to go back and rewrite the past only to make her look bad, specially to show Superman in an opposite light, this when it was him who behaved like a major ass-hole is just fucking bad,
>>
File: Supernazi.jpg (20KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Supernazi.jpg
20KB, 200x200px
>>85416880
>Superman fans will NEVER be happy
>>
>>85422505
Superman was really Hitler the whole time. His name just gives it away.
>>
>>85421755

Youre right.

They should just let people die and let evil run rampant.

Mankind has been around how long and they STILL havent bothered to get their shit together.? Maybe it's time someone MADE humanity live properly. God knows man isnt going to ever achieve peace on their own

Hey, the Justice Lords had a peaceful orderly world. All the dangerous criminals were no longer a threat. I dont see either of these as bad things. Dont want to get lobotomized? Then don't break the law. It's just that simple.
>>
>>85422181

My main problem with SM/WW is that it is the perfect power couple fantasy, so every time the writers place them together they're shown as two perfect and mighty gods so above the troublesome mortals and so, like royalty, suffer to understand the little guys problems because life is just that awesome and sweet for them.

It's like... everything Lex Luthor talks about in regards to Superman.
>>
>>85422539

I'm onto you.
>>
>>85422458
Yeah it's fair, I'm just shitposting a little on that.

I don't really get why people try to defend Tomasi's Superbook work so much. It's overall been Lobdell-tier and I've never really seen him to be good enough generally to have enough fans that would do so much damage control. This has been happening for months now.
>>
>>85422505
I'm happy though

> 8. NEW SUPER MAN #1 [*] (DC)

Why is Kenan so BASED?
>>
>>85422615

That's why SM/BM is so perfect.

Batman ground and humble Superman, showing that despite Superman being... well, Superman, and having all his awesome powers, even a lowly human can do everything he can in his own weird way and not only that but also managed to hurt and/or put a stop to Superman.
Meanwhile Superman brings a bigger perspective to Batman's life and some much needed humanity that Batman had given up on a long time ago.

It's the perfect marriage. If Batman was a cute moe girl, it would have been one of the best romance in comics.
>>
>>85422665

His run on SM/WW was easily the worst Superman's run since the reboot. If it hadn't been for the Finches, it would have been the worse Wonder Woman had too.
>>
>>85421863
>they can't spend every waking minute trying.

And why not? the safety of innocents should always take precedence. Your needs are irrelevant. The needs of the many ALWAYS outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.

Superman really should just ditch Clark Kent completely and give 110% to protecting innocents 24/7. Every second he wastes pretending to be a human is another second someone can die. He's not a human. He never WAS and he never WILL be. You can't save everyone? Not with that attitude you can't. How do you know if you dont try? Barry just isn't willing to try

Barry's statement is a cop out. If you can help, You help. PERIOD. If you aren't giving 110% for the betterment of others, youre a bad person
>>
>>85422791
I know this is a joke but do you really want this? People suggest gay ships like this and we know exactly the kind of angle it'll head down in published material...
>>
>>85422858

What about Superman's mental state, dumb-dumb?

Also...

>superman was never human

My cock he wasn't.
>>
>>85420976
Superwoman was fucking great that page where they worked together to stop the ship was incredible
>>
>>85422858
>He's not a human. He never WAS and he never WILL be.
Functionally he was if you consider his powers not kicking in until his teenager years. He wasn't even "Superman strong" until his adult years after he even started being Superman. He grew up as Clark Kent
>>
>>85420976
Found the Loisfag
>>
>>85422910

Hey, man, i said that i wished for Bruce to be the cute and tsudere Bryce Wayne, the heiress of Gotham.

Just imagining Bryce trying to act all tough and angry by spatting out "Kent!", while turning her back to Superman so he can't catch her flustered face is just so cuuuute.
>>
>>85421975

Official characters cannot be Mary Sues. That applies solely to fanfiction characters
>>
>>85422280

When did Wolverine ever fight parademons?
>>
>>85422333
>this meme again

Johns is capable of writing bad things, anon.
>>
>>85423152

Who knows, man. Wolverine was everywhere a couple years ago.
>>
>>85422910
It doesn't have to be gay but it is the perfect dynamic.

>>85423170
No one has ever said Brightest Day wasn't him and everyone agrees it was bad. Or even on the same book Darkseid War was trash but in a very Johns way. Why not accept that people simply don't believe JL Origin was Johns?
>>
File: supes human.jpg (162KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
supes human.jpg
162KB, 500x747px
>>85422858
>He's not a human. He never WAS and he never WILL be.
Oh fuck off.
>raised as human
>has human values
>didn't even know he was an alien until in his teens
Superman is a human in virtually every sense.
>>
>>85422665
>A little
Yeah no faggot, you're going all out.
>>
>>85422665
Because it's been pretty good? Clark has been saving lives and teach Jon how to be a hero.
>>
>>85422929

He's not human. He's Kryptonian. He was born on a completely different planet to a race with a completely different biology. This means he is not a human.

And if you have abilities far beyond those of mortal men and you don't give 110%, you're a bad person. Your personal needs ALWAYS take a back seat to others. ALWAYS. No exceptions

The time being wasted dressing up and playing human would be better used to save other people. Being Clark Kent is the epitome of selfishness.
>>
>>85422984

>>He grew up as Clark Kent

He was still born on an alien world
>>
>>85423391
>>85423417
>the environment people grow up in doesn't effect them in any way
>people are literally who they are based on nothing other than physiology
>superman should be an emotionless robot saving machine
you're dumb as fuck
>>
>>85423391
>>85423417
Go to bed Luthor

Even creators who think Clark is just a mask and not his identity still understand that being Clark is necessary. You've gone off the deep end here.
>>
>>85423267
>>raised as human

Still born on an alien planet.

>>has human values

Still has physiology unlike humans.

>>didn't even know he was an alien until in his teens

Still doesn't change the fact he wasn't born on Earth

>Superman is a human in virtually every sense.

Except the relevent ones. Place of birth and biology.

Dogs think they're people too. Doesn't change the fact they aren't
>>
>>85423564
Some versions of Superman like Post-Crisis were technically born on Earth. Remember the birthing matrix?
>Still has physiology unlike humans.
What?
>>
File: Superman37d.jpg (76KB, 620x339px) Image search: [Google]
Superman37d.jpg
76KB, 620x339px
>>85417625
>and making him destroy an entire world
That had to be one of the biggest fuck ups Superman has ever caused, I don't blame Ulysses for hating him after that, Superman talked him into betraying his adoptive race and it resulted in everyone he knew and loved dying.
>>
>>85423564
>Still born on an alien planet.
So? The fuck does that have to do with his values and personality?
>Still has physiology unlike humans.
Despite the fact that he looks, acts and thinks exactly like a human literally all the time.
>Still doesn't change the fact he wasn't born on Earth
So because he wasn't technically born on the planet Earth he can't possibly be like us? What if you found out tomorrow that you were actually born on Mars, would that change anything about your personality because of a fucking technicality?
>Except the relevent ones. Place of birth and biology.
So his personality doesn't matter at all? You do understand that he's a sentient being right and not some fucking robot?
>>
>>85423499

On the contrary, Im looking at it logically and factfully

>>85423535

Why would it be necessary? Every second he plays human, an innocent could die. how could you possibly live with yourself knowing someone died when you couldve saved them, but was selfiushly pretending to be something you arent
>>
>>85418945
This, it's basically as shallow as pairing up Storm and Black Panther because they're both from Africa.
>>
>>85423838
>On the contrary, Im looking at it logically and factfully
Oh get it you now.....you just legit have fucking autism. That explains alot.
>>
>>85423838
>pretending to be something you arent
Even if you want to go "He's not even human, he's an alien!", he's still just Clark Kent and Superman is a persona he puts on. Being Superman all the time is being something he isn't
>>
>>85423650

Post Crisis isnt relevant anymore. That had been retconned out by Final Crisis. And even then he still originated on an alien world using biological material from natives of that world
>>
>>85423838
Lex pls
>>
>>85423838
Factfully isn't a word
>>
>>85423944
You mean Infinite Crisis not Final, but Birthright retconned it out before then anyway
>>
>>85423923
but anon you don't understand, if he doesn't have people dna he's not a people!
>>
>>85423823
>Despite the fact that he looks, acts and thinks exactly like a human literally all the time.

So he WASNT born on Krypton is what youre saying?

>>So because he wasn't technically born on the planet Earth he can't possibly be like us?

No "technically" about it. He literally was not born on Earth.

>>What if you found out tomorrow that you were actually born on Mars, would that change anything about your personality because of a fucking technicality?

That wouldnt be likely as life does not exist on Mars in the real world

J'onn Jonzz was born on Mars. Mon-El was born on Daxam. Starfire is from Tamaran. Coming here doesnt magically make any of them human, does it?

>>So his personality doesn't matter at all? You do understand that he's a sentient being right and not some fucking robot?

Of course he's a sentient being. I at no point stated otherwise. But he's a sentient being from another world who doesn't have human physiology.
>>
>>85424005

I stand corrected. It was late.

Factually then.
>>
>>85424139
>literally autism the post
We get it Sheldon
>>
>>85424139
>J'onn Jonzz was born on Mars. Mon-El was born on Daxam. Starfire is from Tamaran. Coming here doesnt magically make any of them human, does it?
You're not understanding. Clark grew up as powerless kid clueless to his alien heritage before his teenage years and didn't even become this powerful until adulthood. Why wouldn't he think like a human?
>>
>>85423231
Why would JL Origins not be Johns? It's just as shitty as the rest of his Cancerous run on JL? Why do you have to make excuses for DC Bendis making shitty comics? Did Lee make Johns destroy an entire world in his Superman run? Did Lee force Johns to blame all of John's and DC's mistakes on Alan Moore? Did Lee force Johns to set up a billions plot likes but not finish them all? Did Lee force Johns to write the worst Batman story ever?
>B-B-B-B-B-But Muh Le Cereal God
Fuck Geoff Johns.
>>
>>85421010
Joe Casey, Rucka and Cornell were better than Kelly.
>>
>>85421917
You mean housewife Lois
>>
Superman office should go for some diversity. All of their books are literally the same basic superhero books. Except New Super-man is a bit different. But bat office has at least tried some different books like Gotham by midnight, we are robin, Arkham manor, Grayson and even batgirl.
>>
>>85416880
Oh shit the Bat armor from B&R is returning!
>>
>>85417967
>>85417711
>>85417590
>>85417363
Well """"meme'd""", """"contrarian!""""
>>
>>85416880
Pak's run isn't better than the Superman run. It's better than Jurgen's Action run because, until he was saddled with Truth, etc. crap, Pak didn't have shit laddled on him via editorial directive, although based on the unfinished story threads from the Lois & Clark 8 issue mini, Jurgens hasn't really had very many original ideas since the early 90s.

Morrison Action run is literally better than anything put out by anyone in the past five years and NO ONE is saying anything is better than this unless they are baiting you, son.

>>85417033
Your bait hasn't been good for 10 years, anon.

>>85417363
You not only have pleb taste as you were already told, you have incredibly horribly pleb taste.
>>
>>85429316
Batman's editiorial isn't pushing for those new Bat books - EXECs are pushing for more Bat books such as We Are Robin and Gotham Academy, Gotham by Midnight and all the other shit you mentioned - as far as DC is concerned it's Bat's world and we all live in it (except Harley gets a nicer suite).
>>
>>85423391
Just because Bruce Wayne wants to play the martyr and put Gotham's need ahead of his own and not have a personal life doesn't mean everyone else does or should.

I assume you also think that firemen and police men shouldn't waste any time brushing their teeth or taking a dump, because that time would be put to better use saving other people?

Personal hygiene, sleeping and eating are just the epitome of selfishness by your 'logic.'
>>
>>85421304
Batman, you are a cunt.
>>
So when is Superbro coming back?
>>
>>85417711
Hey look a commoner who knows shit about Superman.
>>
>>85417625
>the image of Superman with a buzzcut wearing jeans an riding a edgy motorcycle.
Wouldn't that have been more Yang's fault since he had the main book at the time? Also Johns arc was decent, even though the art was shitty.
>>
>>85417033
>>85417363
>>85417489
>>85417590
>>85417711

how many years later and Vyndktvx is STILL shitposting on /co/
I want to blame Morrison
>>
>>85418230
Lois and Clark was shit as well. They no longer were interesting once they got married. It was just another cheap selling gimmick to appease to Donner fags, which people love because of nostalgia. Lana became a shit character after that as well. Most loisXclark marriage shippers either have shit taste/nostalgia or haven't read 90s and 2000s superman.
>>
>>85421709

Shit taste.
>>
>>85420544
I haven't read nearly as much as a lot of other people on /co/ but from the bits and pieces I've read from Supes' history the Alan Moore stories and The Man of Steel era comics are probably my favorites.

I've always like Supes when it focuses more on the more human aspects of the character. Silver Age goofiness and the massive focus on his alien roots are a lot of fun in sillier Silver Age comics but have never really clicked with me in the serious takes on the character.
>>
>>85416880
>>85417363
Please lose weight
>>
>>85420544
Maggin's and Bates' 70s run and Maggins' two novels get him quite perfectly. All Star and alan Moore's Supreme was a callback to that and 60s era.
>>
>>85421071
God dammit this would absolutely be a problem Golden or Silver Age Superman would take care of, I hate the ineffective depressed Superman the bronze age made to explain why he doesn't fix the entire world forever. Now instead of just saying he's not omnipresent, we get this self loathing idiot who refuses to help people of anybody might get offended. I was happy that the New 52 Superman got rid of that for a short while but SM/WW brought it back and that's all Old Superman is about.
>>
>>85421304

Batman is such a fucking cunt. Holy Shit, fuck this guy.
>>
>>85416880
ITT Plebs spew shit
>>
>>85432256
What are you talking about? Silver age superman hardly involved in politics. When was Bronze age superman depressed? Unless you're only talking about O'Neil's run.
>>
>>85416880
>Why are people acting like this shit is any better than Morrison or Pak's new 52 runs?

But they are not better. Nor are they worse. I've enjoyed those runs back in the past and now I'm enjoying the current ones. Is that bad?
>>
I like Tomasi and Gleason's run so far. It's not perfect, but it has some high points. They need to get off eradicator and start working on more character and world building.

Book has potential, so I'll keep picking it up to see where it goes.

Action Comics is shit.
>>
>>85416880
Man the nostalgia faggotry has really hit hard
>>
>>85417711
instant pleb post
>>
File: ac9605jpg.jpg (600KB, 1400x2152px)
ac9605jpg.jpg
600KB, 1400x2152px
>>85416880
Action Comics are complete schlock. Why is Superdad struggling against Doomsday? Superdad should be a million times stronger now than when he fought Doomsday the first time. Superdad survived a supernova without any damage. He fought WW to the sun and back in like 3 minutes. He can benchpress the planet. He should be able to oneshot Doomsday or at the very least Doomsday shouldn't be able to scratch him unless you are telling me Doomsday is hitting harder than a supernova.
>>
>>85432848

Everybody acting as if they didn't knew who Doomsday was, despite Superbro becoming Doomsday himself a couple months before and being a major asshole to Nu52 WW, is really weird.
>>
>>85432525
Yes bad taste
>>
>>85421071
You and >>85421755 and >>85421438 are arguing over more shitty writing by The Cereal King.

>>85432256
You're mistaken that GA or SA Superman would have interfered; he prevented a war that arose from duplicitous means by a munitions maker in search of illegal profitable gains, but did so by getting the two sides to talk, not by forcing his will on either side. This was part and parcel of the same motivation in the GA. But SA Superman didn't even do stuff like that, which was pure Jerry and Joe.
>>
>>85432848
>>85432928
Superdad himself has fought Doomsday several times and he's acting like the only time was when he died. The arc makes absolutely no sense in any context and worst of all literally nothing has happened since it started so it's not even a good story that ignores some continuity. It's just shit.
>>
>>85421613
Not the point, presumably. Anon #1 means that Doomsday existed post that run, and even existed in the New 52, something WW and the entire planet would know.
>>
>>85432848
Wasn't Superdad getting mysteriously weaker in his series? Did they ever address that?
>>
>>85433852
To like which ones?
>>
>>85433920
The new shit
>>
>>85434797
The new shit or thew new 52 shit?
>>
>>85421387

This was year one so Damian wasn't around yet.
>>
>>85436016
He should have some kind of Robin then. I'm sure they wouldn't mind cute pets.

Bruce is worst dad.
>>
>>85423795
>That had to be one of the biggest fuck ups Superman has ever caused

The alien planet that pretty much ran on the blood of innocent people? Cause fuck that place.
>>
>>85435598
The new shit
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.