[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: People who saw Sausage Party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 21

File: sausage-party.jpg (49KB, 900x470px) Image search: [Google]
sausage-party.jpg
49KB, 900x470px
What did you think?

It was eh. Not as bad as /co/ made it out to be, but not as good as the tomatoes or casuals made it out to be, just sort of in the middle. I liked some parts, and I didn't have a bad time with it, but I can only recommend it as something you'd catch on tv rather then going out of your way to a theater. Not as bad as Neighbors 2.

in b4 orgy
>>
I think it'd be nice to be paid to post on 4chan like some people.
>>
>>85414693
I wish I could get paid to post stupid opinions on the internet like apparently half of the posters on 4chan.
>>
>>85414597
How many differences were there between the leaked script and the finished product?
>>
File: 1468883550658s.jpg (2KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
1468883550658s.jpg
2KB, 125x83px
where the flying fuck is the cam leak?
>>
OH BOY HERE COMES THAT MATURE ANIMATION RENAISSANCE
>>
File: 1466986953604.jpg (36KB, 580x517px) Image search: [Google]
1466986953604.jpg
36KB, 580x517px
>>85414719
>>85414693

>tfw you will never get paid to shitpost or recommend mediocre movies on 4chan

Fuck this world.

>>85414725
I've only read the beginning of the script because I didn't want to be too spoiled, but the ads did that for me, but from what I remembered other anons posting is the following:

-No rat fingering
-Song got reworked
-Orgy moved towards the end and involves the rest of the store rather then in the middle with the main group and no towel
-No Prophecy with Barry
-Whipcream joke wasn't used in the human war
-No Lavash sacrifice
-Instead of showing cookbook to group, Frank shows it to store in which they don't believe him.

You could probably check out the other threads to see what they had to say, as they're probably more in depth.

>>85414734
You'd think someone would've done it by now.

>>85414761
I'm waiting to see what trainwrecks will come out of it.
>>
>>85414597
The best movie of the year. Laughed so hard I cried. Take a couple of your buddies. It's a wild ride.
>>
Literally the Reddit movie.
>>
File: tumblr_nnhhzusKSV1uu9z7xo1_400.gif (486KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnhhzusKSV1uu9z7xo1_400.gif
486KB, 400x225px
>>85417773
Seems like the best way to go about it honestly.

>>85417805
Aw geez anon, I thought I was your reddit.
>>
So, do they kill all humans?
>>
>>85414693
You seriously think OP was paid to say "eh"?
>>
>>85414597
The animation reminds me of John k's style
>>
File: image.png (88KB, 355x239px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
88KB, 355x239px
>>85417995
It should, they literally ripped off John K.'s Ripping Friends.
>>
>>85414597
I saw it a month back, it was pretty funny.

I mean, it's not at all "fucking horrible", but it does really like profiting on the whole "Cartoon That Says Fuck A Lot" craze.

However, I particularly broke down even harder when Sammy Bagel Jr. stretched the lavash's scrotum over his eyes
>>
>>85414597
better than skwad
>>
>>85418066
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6gxMiK-7AM
>>
Orgy webms when?
>>
>>85417950
They kill the ones in the store and I guess go out to the real world to kill everyone else.

>>85418066
Wouldn't it be more fucked up if the foods were sold by higher up foods as a deal with the humans?

>>85418075
I chuckled at most of the jokes, but the one that got me the most was when Gum regenerated while terminator music played in the background.
>>
>>85418304
That gum got me too.

But by far, my favorite scene was when Meatloaf started singing over Frank's scenes
>>
File: he did nothing wrong.jpg (136KB, 800x433px) Image search: [Google]
he did nothing wrong.jpg
136KB, 800x433px
>>
>>85414597
Quite amusing, no subtlety on social/political issues and such, and of course if you dive deep into that crap it has the same kind of issue as Zootopia that the comparisons don't match up perfectly, but still sort of work I guess.
I don't know if I'm sort of sick, or had a headache going in, but I think the camerawork made me somewhat dizzy or something, had a slightly irritating headache going out.
>>
>>85419657
Oh, and the revovler in the end fires more than 6 shots if you're a stickler for those kinds of details, setting aside living inanimate objects and shit.
>>
Any good torrents of the movie?
>>
As an atheist, I can't wait to see this.
>>
>>85420170
Why? Why being an atheist enhances your desire for watching this?
>>
>>85414597
Why are people saying this is the first R-rated animated movie in theaters when Fritz The Cat exists?
>>
>>85420212
Apparently people were acting like it has a shitton of Family Guy-esque atheism in it. Don't know how true that is though.
>>
>>85420256
Later in the movie Barry calls Frank out for telling everyone their a fucking idiot when he convinces them, so that's one point ahead.
>>
>>85418304
No they dont they build a machine to cross dimensions to kill Seth Rogan and Edward Norton
>>
>>85420532
>Cross dimensions to kill seth rogen
>real world
same thing
>>
>>85420212
That is sort of the point of the movie. Though people are also saying the movie calls out atheists who just call religious people idiots, making it more nuanced.
>>
>>85420256
Unless the script and synopsis has totally changed, it's a clear allegory. The food believes it gets an afterlife style "reward" when all that happens is it gets eaten. The food has to convince the "believers" it's a lie but the believers want to cling to their beliefs and there's sort of "just have fun in the moment" nihilism.
>>
File: douche sp.png (462KB, 460x552px) Image search: [Google]
douche sp.png
462KB, 460x552px
>>85414597

It wasn't very funny, it relied too heavily on crassness and swearing, it was extremely, painfully on the nose about its messages and subject matters and pic related was the only funny character (and he was only mildly amusing)

The worst thing about the experience, however, was everyone around me laughing hysterically at all the terrible lowest common denominator jokes and pointedly explaining the deep analogies that were being portrayed

seriously, the amount of people who were patting themselves on the back for getting the shitty Israel vs Palestine bit was depressing

All in all, it was pretty awful but it was nice to look at and I got one or two slight chuckles.
>>
>>85421906
So it was basically Food Fight with swearing, right?
>>
>>85422223

And shitty, aggressively self-indulgent political and social satire tacked on, yeah.
>>
It was average at best. I got in for free so I can't complain.
>>
>>85422287
Cool, sounds like something I can just put on while drawing. Or is it too cringey for that?
>>
Christ I can just imagine how smug Rogen was when he wrote the whole Israel/Palestine thing with the Bagel and the other thing.

I could smell him jerking off into his belly button in the cinema.
>>
>>85422497
The only part that was really cringey for me was how long the song took. Other than that, it's perfect for background noise and the occasional chuckle

The part with the condom is a little much, though
>>
>>85422497

The Israel vs Palestine shit is cringey as fuck, but otherwise it's just kind of stupid and obnoxious with a few chuckles in it. Go for it.

And honestly, despite its blatantness, it had a positive message that wasn't anti-religion or anti-atheism and instead encouraged respecting the beliefs of others and not being a fedora.
>>
>>85414597
I went to go see it with a friend of mine because I couldn't do this shit alone. She hated it just as much as I did.

The film relies on 1 gimmick and it's animated characters screaming fuck for an hour. And at the end there's some religious respectfulness allegory or something. That's it.

Of course, the theater was filled with teenagers who were clearly underage and bought a ticket to a family movie and went in this one. Don't act like you've never done that, you have.

There was also a family of 4 with young children under the age of 10 there. I can tell they're going to have a looooooong talk when they get home.

All and all, it was shit but me and my friend got some decent laughs out of making fun of it.
>>
Is it true that the ending has the food go through a portal to the real word?
>>
>>85414597
I liked it.

It was nice to see open and unfiltered race jokes without everyone losing their minds. Audience was laughing pretty often and that last scene. You know the one. Had people losing their shit and groaning at the same time.
>>
>>85420223
Didn't Heavy Metal get a theatrical run too?
>>
>>85422609

>He literally liked it because it was edgy

I hate what's happened to our society. Everyone's so obsessed with being either PC or anti-PC that shitty jokes like the ones in Sausage Party fly because it makes them feel like they're sticking it to Tumblr/SJWs
>>
>>85422606
Yeah I was honestly half suspicious that the theater employees had instructions to toss some fucking buns and hot dogs from a balcony or something.
>>
>>85422609
>It was nice to see open and unfiltered race jokes without everyone losing their minds

Don't most regular people not care about that sort of thing? I realize the internet may give a skewed perception of what the majority of people think is important but I think the average joe just doesn't give a f
>>
>>85422664
>He literally liked it because it was edgy
That is literally not what I said you autistic piss capsule.
>>
>>85422719
Most people don't care too much but most shows have toned down those kinds of jokes to the point you rarely see them.
>>
>>85422721

>it was nice to see open and unfiltered race jokes without everyone losing their minds

That says nothing about the quality of the jokes besides "ooooh they went there"
>>
File: unsolicited_opinions_on_israel.jpg (29KB, 679x315px) Image search: [Google]
unsolicited_opinions_on_israel.jpg
29KB, 679x315px
>>85422518
>>
No way there's a link to any version of it online
______right?_____
>>
File: 1363174210324.jpg (69KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
1363174210324.jpg
69KB, 719x719px
>tfw I live in a world where this LCD bullshit has a 100% approval rating on RottenTomatoes

Just end this fucking Earth already humanity is regressing
>>
It wasn't that bad. But the ending got way out of hand.
>>
>>85422664
>you literally hate it for being edgy
Can't you have fun with anything?
>>
>>85422697
honestly that would've been fucking hilarous
>>
>>85423038

>Edgy = fun

This is the problem.

It's like this generation has become so obsessed with the righteousness of its pointless fucking social and political views that just the idea of them being validated by a piece of media is considered fun.

If it was edgy and funny I'd have no issues, but it was edgy and shit and it being edgy doesn't mean it's not shit just because it makes you feel like you're rebelling against the liberal agenda.
>>
>>85423116
Did you actually see it or are you just using word of mouth here?
>>
>>85422842
It only has an 83% critics' score right now and a 70% audience score.
>>
>>85422770
unrelated but I just looked up the origin of that pic and please for the love of god tell me it was sarcastic in the context of the comic it came from
>>
>>85423198
>He didn't think the food swearing and getting high and fucking was hilarious
>He must not have seen it

ok
>>
>>85414597
gonna bh with you. i just want to see the orgy.
>>
>>85423332
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pkLaj9a-rw
Here you go.
>>
>>85423225
It was played completely seriously. They wanted to show that Bor was a very very bad man who lives to oppress.
>>
I just saw this movie with three of my friends. The general consensus is that it was "okay." There weren't that many actual jokes. The laughs, it seems, were supposed to come from the sheer fact that these were cartoon characters swearing and talking about sex. That doesn't seem so clever in [THE CURRENT YEAR] when we've been raised on Adult Swim. The highlight was actually the orgy, and the only joke there was that these were things without genitals trying to have sex.
>>
File: GONNA FREAK.jpg (4KB, 160x90px) Image search: [Google]
GONNA FREAK.jpg
4KB, 160x90px
>>85423356
>>
>>85423356
Holy shit, people need to see this video.
>>
>>85423370
oh good, i was wondering whether or not i should blow my brains out today

on a serious note, i love how in the comic the isreal bit ended with question marks like its fucking tumblr
>>
>>85423356
man I can't wait to own this on bluray
>>
>>85414597
As someone who never read the leaked screenplay, I can say I have never been more taken off guard by a movie. It was probably the stupidest shit I've ever watched.

I genuinely enjoyed it.
>>
File: SvsR.jpg (90KB, 799x570px) Image search: [Google]
SvsR.jpg
90KB, 799x570px
>>85421906
>pointedly explaining the deep analogies that were being portrayed

I guess on the one hand I'm glad these movies tough on things like "atheism vs. religion" and "North Korean hypocrisy" now, but is this really the best we can do and the only way we can bring topics like "the merits of religion" up? Is this where we're at today?
>>
>Wait whole movie for orgy
>gets to end after the battle
>thinking /co/ lied
>nope Huge Loud sex party begins and The entre the theatre dies laffing
>>
>>85422570
>And honestly, despite its blatantness, it had a positive message that wasn't anti-religion or anti-atheism and instead encouraged respecting the beliefs of others and not being a fedora.

The premise sounds so "religion is stupid and religious people are stupid," how is it respectful? Although that's really nice to hear.
>>
You know what the meaning of life is?
CUMMIES!
>>
>Tfw drunk while watching so though ti y was good
>
>>
>>85423494
It's the children who are wrong anon. It's always the children.

No, it's just that the humor is directed towards the general public, and anyone with half a brain knows that the majority of the American public is a bunch of fucking idiots that lap up anything.
>>
>>85423572

The main character got called out for being a dick and a fedora-tipper and not respecting people's belief and offering hope/an alternative to religion instead of just shitting all over other for not believing what he believed.

Then the main character apologised for acting like he knows everything and stated that no one knows everything.

The ultimate message was that our faith should be placed in each other as opposed to religion or atheism

It was honestly one of the film's few redeeming factors
>>
>>85423674
I honestly noticed some aspects of existentialism throughout the movie in general, and I thought it was pretty cool that that sort of thing is being explored in most mediums today.
>>
>>85423674
That's actually a lot cooler than I expected. From a few people I thought this was "Richard Dawkins: The Movie." Maybe they just hate everything that questions their beliefs.
>>
>>85423967

Yeah, religionfags and atheismfags are usually oversensitive pussies who freak out whenever they feel threatened by someone's opposite opinion
>>
>>85423278
That doesn't answer the question.
>>
Didn't laugh a single time until the end where I lost my shit at the ridiculous orgy scene.
>>
>>85423637
Are you also drunk now?
>>
>>85424096
or course
>>
>>85423967
The initial premise for the 'religion' of the movie is that it revolves around the food being bought from the store and taken home, where it will be consumed. And then someone discovers this, and says 'hey guys maybe we shouldn't do this'.

Just because it doesn't end on 'fuck religion' doesn't mean it isn't still heavy on the fedora tipping and leans heavily in one direction more than the other.
>>
File: c3b.jpg (14KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
c3b.jpg
14KB, 456x320px
>>85423356
>when you pause at the hairy butthole
>>
>>85424180

the fact that all allusions to not believing in god is now considered fedora tipping shows how pussified you guys have become
>>
>>85423356
Wow, that killed any desire to even put this on for shits and giggles. That's just awful.
>>
>>85414597
6/10

It felt really try hard with that R rating. The swearing wasn't really funny it just felt lame. Don't get me wrong it had some genuinely funny bits. The orgy scene was, well, not really sure how to describe it but it was something alright.
>>
>>85420223

First R-rated CGI animated movie maybe?
>>
>>85414597
Decided to get the move a shot tonight since some of the reviews were halfway decent and I got to wondering if there was more substance to the movie than the trailers implied.

It kinda didn't. There was the theme of questioning your believes and blind faith, but it was stuff I had read/seen before, so it didn't really make that much of an impression. In the end it kinda felt like padding in a movie that was mostly about telling one "shock" joke after another.

I'd rate the move 3/5, though that's probably being a little generous. The movie will probably get a laugh out of you more than a few times, but I feel half the humor would quickly lose its edge on repeat viewings. I believe the movie is worth at least one cursory viewing, but after that I don't think it'll stay with you that long. Especially if you're no stranger to shock humor already.
>>
>>85424970
first r-rated animated movie in maybe 10-20 years, which basically means anything else has been forgotten by the general public
>>
File: centrist.png (14KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
centrist.png
14KB, 640x480px
>>85424004
>>
>>85423674
>The ultimate message was that our faith should be placed in each other as opposed to religion or atheism

That's ridiculously sentimental at best, communism at worst.
>>
>>85425428

case in point
>>
>>85425467

because there's nothing remotely sentimental about religion anyway
>>
>>85425428
>>
>>85425486
>u-umad!?
>>
File: glubb.png (46KB, 273x693px) Image search: [Google]
glubb.png
46KB, 273x693px
>>85425530
Religion provides a higher set of principles that are important for social cohesion. Naive humanism doesn't work as well.
>>
>>85425467
>communism at worst.

dude wtf really? relying on each other instead of idealogy is communist?
>>
File: ok.jpg (38KB, 480x288px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
38KB, 480x288px
>>85425593
>>
>>85425623

wrong image but I cba to post the actual one

>>85425577

well I mean you are
>>
>>85425623
>Start an argument
>lose it
>"LOLITROLLU"
>>
>>85423494
It's a stoner flick. Most people have a very loose sense of humor. You are not one of them.
>>
>>85425662

>Lose it

How?

>The message of the movie was we should trust each other other religion/atheism
>That's dumb, religion is super important and we shouldn't believe in other people instead because that's dumb and for commies
>Alright
>LOL YOU LOSE
>>
>>85425486
>>85425656
>any one who doesn't take my self-declared status as the sane man in the middle at face value must be wrong
>>
>>85425593
I agree with you man. But this is the biggest solid concentration of barf i ever read
>>
>>85425713
I pointed out how the movie's arggument was flawed, and you're acting like you've won for no reason.
>>
>>85425718

Didn't say anything about right or wrong, I'm just pointing out that you're clearly mad that I made you feel bad about being an atheist/christian and you're lashing out
>>
>>85425729
Prove it wrong, then.
>>
>>85425737

There's nothing to fucking win, what are you talking about?
>>
>>85425758
Hum... Any other nation that isn't yours?
>>
File: 1470933563303.png (652KB, 1278x1842px) Image search: [Google]
1470933563303.png
652KB, 1278x1842px
>It's funny and great because satire
I legitimately don't get it. Why is every review acting like the inclusion of parody of major topics is this huge revelation when movies and television have been doing it for literally decades. Hell, I'm willing to bet Seth MacFarlane has made half of the jokes here in a given Family Guy episode with an equally thrown in 'message'.

Is it because of it's premise and that's animated that everyone is just going to forget all that?
>>
>>85425922

People love to feel like they know things.

They don't like to actually know things, mind you, but they like to feel like they do and they like to feel like they do and you don't.

And nothing makes people feel like they know things more than shitty, obvious satire and pandering references
>>
>>85424970
>yfw we could've had a CGI Goon movie, but we got this instead
>>
So why are the packagings alive for somethings but not others?
Like here >>85419228 We have the cocktail mixer bottle but in the back there is a carton of eggs with each egg alive and bread that is out of it's plastic.
>>
File: whytho.png (554KB, 572x570px) Image search: [Google]
whytho.png
554KB, 572x570px
>>85423356
>>
File: Ant man puking.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ant man puking.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>85423356
It wasn't as freaky as I thought it would be, but still, the fact that this exist and people sat through to all of this makes me cringe and feel sorry for them. Is like DA/thicc-tier fetish art made movie.

Stream when? I wanna watch this with all of /co/.
>>
>>85425467
Wouldn't communism be relying on one person in power?
>>
>>85414597
>it wasn't that bad
it really was, you damage controlling paid chill
>>
>>85425988
That explains why something on-the-nose and unsubtle as Babadook is treated like some intelligent masterpiece when even Nightmare on Elm Street has more depth.
Holy fuck, I'm still mad I had to go through that chore of a movie because I fell for all the positive reviews.
>>
>>85427490
It looks ok. Obviously not as great as everyone is praising it to be, but not as holy omfg awful as you're making it anon.

Plus it's a mother fucking summer movie, people don't want serious artistic Summer shit, they want something they and their friends can go watch, have a chuckle, then go home after having a good time out.

If you want the mature animations just wait for Oscar Season.
>>
File: 123053425686.jpg (284KB, 1479x1100px) Image search: [Google]
123053425686.jpg
284KB, 1479x1100px
>>85423356
>>
>>85428246
babadook just had less jumpscares than most modern horror films, and since the people today haven't experienced non-jumpscare horror in a while it did very well despite having such a flat story.
>>
File: 1444909835776.png (117KB, 262x255px) Image search: [Google]
1444909835776.png
117KB, 262x255px
>>85414597
It was a waste of my life to be certain. Its like, it starts out well enough then it devolves into one of Rogen's generic stoner films. Although I should expect as much from Dude Weed LMAO Man. Only thing people seem to be praising about this movie on Rotten Tomatoes is the political shit and are even willing to ignore the shit quality of the writing just because of that. Also the orgy scene was meh and unappealing as fuck. The innuendo in that Ripping Friends cartoon was hotter than this.
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.