[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did /co/ think of Ultimate version of Eddie Brock?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: UltimateEddie01.jpg (21KB, 366x314px) Image search: [Google]
UltimateEddie01.jpg
21KB, 366x314px
What did /co/ think of Ultimate version of Eddie Brock?
>>
>>85406226
A bit of a wanker, that guy.
>>
File: 1393955933156.jpg (16KB, 552x571px) Image search: [Google]
1393955933156.jpg
16KB, 552x571px
>>85406226
An attempt to make Eddie more compelling as an antagonist.

They didn't get it quite right until Spectacular, but USM Eddie allowed for that.
>>
>>85406226
I'm ultimately not a fan.
>>
>>85406226
He looks like the friendly neighborhood drug dealer.
>>
>>85406982
Can you elaborate on that?
>>
>>85407388
SSM combined the best of both aspects. That Eddie had been a close friend of Peter's and his life taking a turn for the worst and using Spider-Man/Peter as a scapegoat while tossing the whole part where he was an asshole from the start.
>>
>>85407388
Spectacular's Eddie Brock was sort of like a big brother character to Peter. He had a job working at Curt Conners lab, and he needed that job or he'd lose his scholarship and have to drop out of college.

And everything in his life gets worse and worse, and usually it is Peter's fault. And they aren't really black and white situations, they're situations someone who is poor would have to juggle. Brock gets consistently disappointed with Peter and he begins to hate Spider-man for ruining his life when he's supposed to be a good guy. Eddie and Pete have a huge falling out when Peter is melding with the symbiote (rather than dealing with Aunt May being in the hospital).

Eddie is cleaning out his stuff from the lab because his life is in shambles due to the loss of the symbiote which the Conners were studying. Spider-man returns it, Eddie is overjoyed, and then Spider-man freezes it to death. Eddie snaps in desperation, but the symbiote survives and when Eddie bonds with it he learns that he's been hating one person this whole time and his "bro" Peter has taken everything from him.

I liked it a lot, because it made Eddie kind of tragic while at the same time not painting Peter as this huge dick. You could see how they could be friends, and how everything could fall apart. Peter had a support network after his parents died. Eddie's parents died on the same plane, and Eddie didn't have anyone.
>>
>>85406226
Underused. Bendis loved using Goblin too much.
>>
>>85406226

It was never really revealed what the Hell happened to him.
>>
>>85406226

Got pedophile vibes

Thought it was stupid that Brock was way older than Pete
>>
>>85407647
>>85407793
Thanks for explaining it better than I could've. But yeah, it made Eddie sympathetic without excusing what a piece of shit he was deep down.

It also made certain scenes, like trying to sacrifice himself to stop Electro and Lizard, all the more chilling. Dude was suicidal from the get-go.
>>
File: Gwen_Stacy_(Clone)_(Earth-1610).png (672KB, 551x1586px) Image search: [Google]
Gwen_Stacy_(Clone)_(Earth-1610).png
672KB, 551x1586px
>>85408376
>implying you wouldn't
>>
He was probably gay.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.