[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust and the bodies have settled whats the verdict?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: BN.jpg (1MB, 1920x2963px) Image search: [Google]
BN.jpg
1MB, 1920x2963px
Now that the dust and the bodies have settled whats the verdict?
>>
>>85405326
Same as all those years ago: mediocre and marks the end of Good Johns.
>>
>>85405326
It was good. Do people not like this?

I also read other Green Lantern stuff at the time.
>>
>>85405326
Awful, just awful. Some good tie-ins, but you can say that about pretty much every event ever so...
>>
>>85405326
It was the comic equivalent of mashing action figures together
>>
>>85405561
>Do people not like this?
The people that liked this shit also liked Siege and Secret invasion.
>>
>>85405562
I kinda liked the Revival tittles gimmick.
>>
>>85405581
Isn't that Civil War
>>
>>85405594
It was a good gimmick, but most of those issues were fairly bad, like Question. The only one I can remember being good is Suicide Squad.
>>
It was fine on its own but unsatisfying as supposedly the thing his whole GL run had been building up to.
>>
>>85405607
Suicide Squad was a great extra isdue.
>>
>>85405600
No civil war isn't nearly as entertaining and intellectual as that
>>
>>85405583
>The people that liked this shit also liked Siege and Secret invasion.
Siege was a rush job to end Dark Reign. It wasn't bad, just kind of pointless. Only real outcome was the end of Sentry.

I barely remember Secret Invasion.

Both are worst than Blackest Night.
>>
not worth the build up
>>
>>85405326
It was worth by Reis art alone. The guy really knows how to make cosmic battles look huge. Also, based White Lantern Sinestro.
>>
BLUE LANTERN FLASH
>>
The problem with Blackest Night is that it was trying to set up Death as a thing that mattered again, but then Nu52.
>>
It was good for an event.
>>
File: Lantern oaths.jpg (584KB, 1600x1214px) Image search: [Google]
Lantern oaths.jpg
584KB, 1600x1214px
That is how i got into green lantern
>>
File: 1469410578398.jpg (63KB, 582x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469410578398.jpg
63KB, 582x600px
>>85406532
>Eh?
EVERY
SINGLE
TIME
>>
>>85406278
My problem is that everyone said "there's no Johns is so dumb that he will give us the white lanterns".

It was a gimmick to sell toys with alternative suits, i didnt want to believe it (after Sinestro corps), but by the time of Forever Evil i was convinced, and with Darkseid War? It was too much. Toys and DLC.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.