[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Mr. O'Neill a good teacher?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Daria Pierce Me 25 of 65 MTV.png (327KB, 588x438px) Image search: [Google]
Daria Pierce Me 25 of 65 MTV.png
327KB, 588x438px
Was Mr. O'Neill a good teacher?
>>
>>85404171

No. Demartino was though.
>>
File: VanDriessen[1].jpg (39KB, 350x502px) Image search: [Google]
VanDriessen[1].jpg
39KB, 350x502px
better than that fucker Van Driessen, anyway
>>
I think he was, he just didn't quite have what he needed to be the better teacher he clearly wanted to be. He and DeMartino both had passion but O'Neill was too young and soft, unable to make the ideas he would read about or concoct himself work in practice, while DeMartino had become old and hard, a cynical shell of his former self after begin beaten down by the system.
>>
>>85404171
He was decent. Not great
>>
he tried which is more than most can say
>>
>>85404171

O'Neill's board notes suggests he actually knows his stuff about literature. I think he's like a lot of teachers where he has a good base knowledge and he gets that across but he emphasizes weird parts of the works because of his personal interests/emotional susceptabilities instead of really digging into the combo of authorial intention/mechanics/cultural context that makes for a great literature class from the lecture angle. He also seems pretty shit at drawing students into discussions that will help them see the relevance of what they're reading.

He's ok.
>>
File: frankisinsession.png (306KB, 588x438px) Image search: [Google]
frankisinsession.png
306KB, 588x438px
>>85404171
had to.

20000 years in photoshop
>>
>>85404171
He will be in five to ten years when he gets a bit harder.

He did a hell of a lot in the background to encourage Daria's writing, remember.
>>
>>85404171
Yes, but only in the sense that he tries to.
>>
File: frankinsessionfixd.png (307KB, 588x438px) Image search: [Google]
frankinsessionfixd.png
307KB, 588x438px
>>85407222
fix'd
>>
>>85406708
His students are aggressively apathetic, admittedly. His best student, Daria, barely pays attention in class and only works outside of it.
>>
I had a teacher like that. I don't think he (my teacher) or O'Neil are bad teachers, they just have a passion for their subject and want to help others with the same passion or help blossoming minds appreciate it. But it's unrealistic because kids fucking suck.
>>
>>85404171
I had a Mr. O'Neill-like teacher. All you really had to do was be nice and you got an A.
>>
>>85404171
he would have been good at kindergarten
in fact i think tvtropes has a page for that. 'misplaced kindergarten teacher' or summat like that
>>
>>85407351
haha
>>
File: Daria_046.jpg (408KB, 995x742px) Image search: [Google]
Daria_046.jpg
408KB, 995x742px
>>85404936
>Demartino
Honestly, I wish I had a teacher like him.

My family pressured me to become a teacher. I have a strong academic background, but I'm not going back to school for anything at this point. And yet, if I did, I'd definitely be a DeMartino.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.