[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It wasn't that bad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: New_Batman_Adventures_cast.jpg (43KB, 300x362px) Image search: [Google]
New_Batman_Adventures_cast.jpg
43KB, 300x362px
It wasn't that bad.
>>
Of course not, it was just the art that was unpleasant.
>>
No one said it was. It's just not on the level of TAS.

The main flaw is that it's not even about Batman anymore.
>>
>>85400138
It had the superior Scarecrow, I'll give 'em that.
>>
File: The_New_Batman_Adventures.jpg (91KB, 1000x1363px) Image search: [Google]
The_New_Batman_Adventures.jpg
91KB, 1000x1363px
>>85400138
I liked TNBA more than BtAS.
>>
>>85400138
I prefer this artstyle. Too bad the episodes weren't as good.
>>
On an unrelated note, where can one watch or torrent the Batman animated series? the torrents that are up on TPB are being leeched to death, and I don't know if it's worth getting amazon prime to watch it
>>
Honestly except for Joker I liked these designs more.
>>
Guys I love TAS and what it did for animation

But can we all agree that some episodes just did not age well at all?
>>
>>85403454
http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Batman-The-Animated-Series
>>
File: DCAU Bruce-Babs.jpg (101KB, 482x392px) Image search: [Google]
DCAU Bruce-Babs.jpg
101KB, 482x392px
>>85400151

I love the New Batman Adventures art style
>>
>>85405234

thanks
>>
TMS did some episodes, it has that.
>>
>>85400151
And the animation took a dip in quality.
>>
>>85400138
Isn't there a episode where Barbara says she is pregnant of Bruce?
>>
>>85400138
Here's the problem I have with TNBA--Batman himself is no longer as attachable as he was before. In BtAS, he was stoic, agressive, and stern, yet he still had humanity to him, and could even make a slight remark, albeit sardonically. In the transition to TNGA though, he was far more removed from me as the audience. He's too abrasive, lacks the charm he had before in favor of seeking new charmisma by being rude.

I'm not saying he's totally unlikable as a character, it's just that I'm not as willing to feel for him as much.

Then the continuity. What the fuck happened in between those series that made everyone's design change so radically? Was there ever an answer?
>>
>>85406187
Im pretty sure that only happens in the beyond comics by beechen. They are considered bad for the most part. I have read hush beyond and thought it was ok but I have no interested in reading the rest of his beyond series
>>
>>85400138
I wanted to fuck that Tim. And I still do.
>>
I actually prefer the art style of the new batman adventures
>>
It was good, just plenty of not muh going around because of its different tone, focus, and character designs.
>>85406594
>What the fuck happened in between those series that made everyone's design change so radically?
Bruce Timm grew older, developed his style further, and wanted it to fit with the character designs in Superman. The old, chunkier versions wouldn't have.
>>
>>85406896
No, I'm not saying that (and I don't have a problem with the art itself), I want to know if there's an in universe explanation.

Like what the hell happened to scarecrow between series? Why was the Mad Hatter tinier all of a sudden?

And to be extra clear, I don't mind the TNBA, I just like it slightly less the BtAS is all.
>>
File: Villans.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Villans.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: BTAS_Heros.jpg (789KB, 1923x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BTAS_Heros.jpg
789KB, 1923x1080px
>>85407031
>>
>>85400138

I liked new Ivy
>>
>>85406977
>I want to know if there's an in universe explanation.
No.
Slott had a fan-fiction idea that Scarecrow took a trip out of Gotham were he faced mob justice at the hands of a lynch mob alongside his fan fiction idea that green Ivy was a plant clone of the human Ivy who retired to Florida with Alec Holland.
>>
>>85407111
My negro
>>
>>85407092
I didn't mind the style changes on some things, personally really like the remade batgirl. But Holy shit they ruined both Catwomen costume and Selina Kyle.
>>
>>85407031
>>85407092

I like how some of the redesigns actually felt like development. The Mad Hatter and the Scarecrow for example become much more freakish and scary as if the characters are slipping further from reality and more into supervillainy.
>>
>>85407111
This. It made her red hair and eyes stand out all the more.
>>
>>85405910
Not the TMS episodes, their episodes look just as excellent.
>>
>>85407393
None of the episodes looked as bad as Batman TAS's worst. No Akom clunkers.
>>
>>85407431
Or Blue Pencil/Jade clunkers either.
>>
>>85407475
Blue Pencil was all right imo. A bit cartoonier with the facial expressions, but not bad.
>>
>>85404938
See >>85405234
>>
>>85400180
>The main flaw is that it's not even about Batman anymore.
I don't think that's a flaw. I think the natural progression of any Bat mythos is to become more about the family. The same thing happened in the 90s with the comics.
>>
>>85407031
>>85407092

About the only ones I ended up disliking were Croc and the Joker's redesign, although I'm not a fan of Riddler.

I'd need to rewatch the series to compare how Bruce acts in BTAS and Justice League.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.