[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else conflicted about the Spider-Man cast? On one hand,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: tonybamboni.jpg (13KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
tonybamboni.jpg
13KB, 214x317px
Anyone else conflicted about the Spider-Man cast? On one hand, I'd really not like a manlet Flash that looks weaker than Peter even as a nerd.

On the other hand, Tony seems like a pretty cool guy and he was very good in Grand Budapest Hotel.

I don't know, /co/. I'm also unsure about this 'Michelle' and I hope Marvel isn't stupid enough to make her Nu-MJ. Ned Leeds being a fat asian is pretty fucking weird as well. Black Liz Allan is okay to me, though. Just wish she was QT Latina like in Spectacular. Thoughts?
>>
WAH ESH EH WAH WAH I CAN'T HANDLE CHANGE BECAUSE IM A FUCKING MAN CHILD.

It's different, so what? Grow up or I'll fuck your girlfriend like the Flash would.
>>
>>85276306
Glad to see you posted a dumb and overreacting post to my reasonable, discussion oriented OP.
>>
>>85276306
Fucking retarded faggot can you even read? Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>85276068
>On the other hand, Tony seems like a pretty cool guy and he was very good in Grand Budapest Hotel.
Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel. It feels like a miscast, but I'm interested to see how well he can pull it off.
Everything else, ehh. I'm pretty burnt out on Spidey anyway, so I can't muster much enthusiasm either way about all this casting.
>>
>>85276554
>>85277612

Some "reasonable discussion" that's why it's on Page 9. I did read it very throughly, it's the same "I don't like the cast because it's different from what I know"

>>85277657

This isn't the Flash you know, it can't a mis-cast. It's different, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.

What's happening to /co/?
>>
>>85279788
Right, and Peter should be a black girl in the next film, who's fat as well!

Fuck off, retard, characters have consistent qualities. I don't know if this guy can get the other parts of Flash down until I see it, but it is absolutely a mis-cast in terms of looks.

Also thanks for bumping the thread back up retard. Also, I never said I don't like the cast so apparently you actually can't fucking read.
>>
>>85276068
Yeah I'm pretty torn about it too. On the one hand, some characters being made colored won't have too big an impact on the quality. On the other, it seems like the cast was selected just for their skin, not their acting ability.
>>
>>85276068
You guys are making him out to be way more important than he is likely to be. Yes, Flash is big in the comics now but I doubt he's going to get much focus in the movie.
>>
>>85279788
>>85276306
>that's why it's on Page 9.

And yet you bumped it up twice.
>>
>>85276068
What pisses me off is that when you bring up Tony as not being big enough to be Flash they equate it with Flash just being a bully and just say that most bullying today is non physical. It's not just about Flash being a bully it's about him being everything Peter isn't. He's stronger, taller and better looking than him yet he's still picks on Peter because of his own issues.

He's the proverbial power without responsibility. When Peter is powerless he wants to be like Flash (strong and popular). Then once he's Spider-Man and has more power and the opportunity to be more popular than Flash he doesn't. Why? Because he is responsible with his powers.
>>
File: 1445215941528.gif (1020KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
1445215941528.gif
1020KB, 400x229px
>>85276306
>calling other people manchildren when you argue like a fucking child
>>
>>85284400
This. Also hard to believe that this new Flash will eventually join the army and all that.
>>
>>85276068
Latina Liz was GOAT, so it all comes down to writing.
But does Marvel even have any good writers anymore? Who's handling the script?
>>
>>85279788
>This isn't the Flash you know, it can't a mis-cast. It's different, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.
Would you say that Topher Grace was a great Eddie Brock?
>>
>>85276068
>Anyone else conflicted about the Spider-Man cast?

Not too much.

>I'd really not like a manlet Flash that looks weaker than Peter even as a nerd.
>On the other hand, Tony seems like a pretty cool guy and he was very good in Grand Budapest Hotel.

Considering Pete's supposedly going to some fancy tech-highschool on a scholarship, It kinda would make it pointless for Flash to be some dickass-jock. Having him just be some entitled prick fits better with the given settings. And yeah, Revolori seemingly isn't a bad actor. He was okay in GB.

> I'm also unsure about this 'Michelle' and I hope Marvel isn't stupid enough to make her Nu-MJ.

I don't think they'll do that. MJ is too iconic a character to racebend from a 10/10 white redhead to a 6/10 flat black girl.

>Ned Leeds being a fat asian is pretty fucking weird as well.

It is. Yeah, I don't see them having him as Hobgoblin unless he's going to loose a shit ton of weight. But they could just end up not using Hobgoblin at all. Which really may not be a big deal. Spidey's got other villains to chose from.

>Black Liz Allan

Considering this isn't her first racebending, I really don't care much.

In all, the casting isn't enough to turn my interest for the movie away. We'll be getting to the more iconic of Pete's friends in the next solo movie anyway. The MCU's had more hits than misses for me, and it's been long enough for me since the Raimi trilogy happened. So I can honestly say I'm ready for a new Spider-Man.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.