[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which was better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: cz.png (734KB, 626x450px) Image search: [Google]
cz.png
734KB, 626x450px
Which was better?
>>
>>85269807
cats don't dance
>>
>>85269838

What's your point??
Of course they don't!
>>
>>85269807
The older one.
>>
>>85269838
>>85270137
t. someone who has never met a cat before
>>
Zootopia’s the better movie overall, but Cats Don’t Dance deserved to do far better than it did.
>>
>>85269807
Cats Don't Dance.

And I'm not saying that out of nostalgia, because I've rewatched it a bunch of times. Cats Don't Dance has a "getting the band back together" plot that I usually hate, but the way it's executed and how everything is resolved is pretty much flawless. The pop culture jokes are more about the time period it's set in, not the decade it was released, and it doesn't feel like anything is missing. The pacing feels natural - it knows when to make something short and when to spend more time on something. Plus it has great music (I didn't even notive it was Randy Newman, its better than his usual stuff).

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Zootopia. But I could tell when I watched it that there must've been ideas that they didn't get to explore, and the third act falling-out and resolution felt really, really forced. On top of that, the villain, once revealed, wasn't fun. Not that every villain has to be funNY, but she wasn't really enjoyable to watch once we knew she was baa-d. I actually liked her before the reveal but I couldn't like her as a villain because her motivation was just kind of silly. I wish they had kept the original concept with the collars, as if someone like her had already won before the story took place.
>>
>>85269807
I forgot that cat movie even existed
>>
Cats Don't Dance
It's 2D
>>
I saw this recently and I have to say, Cats Don't dance by the villain alone was enough to triumph Zootopia. Evil Shirley Temple was a stroke of genius and the acting on her, both animation and voice wise was impeccable.
>>
>>85269807
Zootopia was pretty as fuck, but the movie itself was boring.
>>
File: Zootopia r63.png (709KB, 1201x1300px)
Zootopia r63.png
709KB, 1201x1300px
>>85269807
The one without best cat.
>>
I've been meaning to rewatch CDD, but always was a bit afraid if it was just my nostalgia making me think I'd enjoy it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.