[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The first 20 minutes of this shit was pure exposition from 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: Suicide Squad.jpg (648KB, 1382x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide Squad.jpg
648KB, 1382x2048px
The first 20 minutes of this shit was pure exposition from 2 people talking over a fucking table

How can anyone excuse that shit
>>
The first 20 minutes were the best.
>>85256708
>>
The worst thing is there's a pretty decent film in there with a different cut.

Not a masterpiece, but a solid film. The editing certainly robs a lot of scenes of their potential. And that's before going into the cut scenes.
>>
Needs a director's cut badly.
>>
>>85258736

It does.
>>
Reminder that test-audiences also disliked Ayer's cut.
>>
>>85258777
Trips have spoken, but test audiences didn't like the abuse part cause they're fucking sjw fags
>>
yeah it was bad filmmaking 101, I don't understand it.

The scenes themselves were great, they just needed to be spread throughout the film and without the stupid Waller narration.
>>
>>85256708

>Put Joker front and center on the poster
>he's only in the movie for 10 minutes

This is bad comedy
>>
>>85256708
My Dinner With Andre is 100% exposition and its a masterpiece
>>
>>85258777
If test audiences are anything like the ones for video games, then test audiences are extremely retarded.

Game devs actively do not listen to them unless serious issues have occured.
>>
>>85256708
Not enough action for you? Can't follow words? Can't understand how adults talk?
>>
>>85260063
It's called advertising.

Very little advertising is actually truthful.
>>
File: 1410397845407.jpg (32KB, 472x840px) Image search: [Google]
1410397845407.jpg
32KB, 472x840px
Funny thing is it was actually the better part of the movie
>>
I just watched a mexican version and like a whole bunch of scenes were clearly cut out, like it would just fade out and fade into one seemingly minutes later to get rid of dialogue or some crap

I won't be able to properly judge till I see the American release
>>
>>85256708

It still boggles my mind how much they leaned on the Joker for the advertising in this movie and gave him like 10 minutes of screen time.

Look at that poster holy shit the Joker is right in the fucking middle and he doesn't do more than feature in someone's backstory.
>>
>>85256708
"Show, don't tell," is a criticism of characterization, not exposition.

>>85260790
The results can also be easily manipulated.
>>
>>85258736
>>85258752
>>85258359

And a whole different story that actually uses the characters.
And an actual soundtrack.
And Warner not meddling in the editing.
And more time for the script (see 1st paragraph)
And the Joker actually involved in the plot / not there at all.
And no Enchantress (see 1st paragraph)

The casting is solid. But Warner and Snyder's artist-'o-vision corrupted the DCEU too far; I dunno if Affleck and the Wonder Woman movie can save it.
>>
File: whaaaaaaaaat.jpg (21KB, 522x399px) Image search: [Google]
whaaaaaaaaat.jpg
21KB, 522x399px
>scene with harley smashing the window in the trailer
>looks like that scene might be funny ,and have some build up where shes just shopping around looking through windows

>scene in the movie
>its literally just the quick scene in the trailer, maybe even cut SHORTER than the scene in the trailer, where we are in another scene and it instantly cuts to Harley smashing a window and going "because we're badguys!", and it instantly jumps to another scene

Editing was awful famalams.
>>
>>85261602

i had the same reaction to that scene where she's dressing and everyone stares at her. fuck it was bad.

why did deadshot have 4 introductions
>>
>>85258736
this version is his cut
http://www.slashfilm.com/suicide-squad-david-ayer-cut/
>>
>>85258441
Some of the pacing could have been fixed by editing, but a lot of it is bad writing too. There was almost nothing to establish chemistry in the team until the bar scene and some of the dialogue was painfully cheesy (which is unfortunate, because the acting itself was pretty decent. They sold the fuck out of those shitty lines.)

Also, Will Smith playing Will Smith as Will Smith With Guns
>>
>>85256708
I liked it.
>>
File: hue.jpg (98KB, 484x448px) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
98KB, 484x448px
>"im putting together a team to take down evil metahumans that may rival Superman in strength."

>"Get me the jokers girlfriend, an austrailian with boomerangs, and a crocodile man."
>>
>>85261920
I feel bad for Smith. He tried being a serious actor and was actually really good, but it didn't make him any money and audiences were indifferent. So he brought Big Willie back, but these days it feels kind of fake and rote.
>>
>>85261920
Will was decent in the movie. Wasn't great, but did his part well enough. Robbie after a while got annoying as Harley. She just came off as way too forced. Also half the cast could have been cut and wouldn't have had any effect on the movie.

>Katana
>Slipknot
>Scott Eastwood
>Joker
>Captain Boomerang

Could have all been removed and the movie wouldn't have even noticed it.
>>
>>85262025
Killer Croc can do some damage in the comics. Harley however was useless against meta humans.
>>
>>85256708
Why the fuck were the pre-title Harley and Deadshot scenes even there?
Seriously, it's such an awkward way to start the movie
>>
>>85262304
His acting was fine, but it was just another Will Smith, Action Hero™ identical to 80% of his other roles. It only bothers me because he's playing an established character. The actor should change to fit the character, not the other way around.
>>
File: HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif (678KB, 283x310px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif
678KB, 283x310px
>>85262304

>slipknot just fucking dies right away
>>
>>85262489
In fairness, everyone saw that coming for months.
>>
>>85262304
Slipknot was necessary as an example that Waller isnt kidding with killing people, they just didnt take it seriously enough and it came off wrong.
>>
>>85262304
Will Smith just played Will Smith, whom I enjoy in pointless action movies but I was hoping for something more with Deadshot.

Jared Leto's Joker though is a bit obnoxious imo, and i'm not too excited about having to see him again.
>>
>>85262025

Well, the main element against someone as powerful as Superman was Enchantress. Then she went rouge, and those "lesser" villians were used because there was no one else. Waller could have used Flash, but he's not a criminal, so that's not her scope.
>>
>>85256708
This annoyed the fuck out of me. It was fucking cliffnotes so we could get the plot going and it was clunky as hell.
>>
>>85263409
They didnt need to make it so damn obvious though
>>
>lets put Joker in all the trailers and give him 12 minutes of screentime
>lets end one of the trailers with Boomer doing something funny and then give him fucking 5 minutes of screentime
genius idea
>>
>>85262304
>Robbie after a while got annoying as Harley. She just came off as way too forced

Nah. She nailed the role hard and Harley is supposed to be annoying. She was pretty much BTAS Haley with out the clown suit.
>>
>>85261602
This. Everything happened too fast, and honestly some scenes should've given more length and silent pauses. Things are supposed to build up towards a climax, but it felt like the movie tried to stay at the peak constantly.
>>
Deadshot was perhaps the worse case of "we need to show the actors face, ditch the mask" Ive ever seen in a cape movie
>>
>>85260738
>My Dinner With Andre is 100% exposition and its a masterpiece

Underrated post.
>>
File: 960[1].jpg (51KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960[1].jpg
51KB, 960x540px
I'd be ok with the first 20 minutes being setup if you setup some kinda great heist. How did Justice League Unlimited do the Suicide Squad so perfectly where this movie failed so miserably?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2KtYIRmK54&t=7m18s
>>
>>85262025
It did seem to miss the point of the squad a little
But boomer is really really good with those boomerangs
>>
>>85262074
Its a shame.
>>
>>85260932
Not an excuse. Shouldn't be an excuse. The joker false advertising in this movie is grounds for a refund.
>>
>>85261071

Nah, I came back from the theaters. It got the Benihana treatment in NA, too.
>>
File: no.png (205KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
205KB, 501x445px
>All those fucking pop songs shoved in at random
>>
>>85262304
>Scott Eastwood

All that 'is he Dick' or 'is he Slade Wilson' speculation and he simply turned out to be fucking generic solider #4.
>>
>>85261602
>watching the film with gf, mate and his gf
>that part comes up and everyone laughs even my group and I know they've seen the trailer a hundred times its not funny
>the part when batman punches hearly plays and I fucking cough up my soda and laugh
>no one else had laughed but fuck them
just oh man, so he goes down to check up and maybe save someone
>goes up to a resisting but otherwise completely restrained women and just decks her in the face
>>
>>85256708
You mean 5 minutes of talking, and 15 minutes of character background and plot setup.
>>
>>85258736
This.
>>
>>85261353
They're showing while they're telling.
>>
>>85261401
>no Enchantress

No. Enchantress is basically two completely different characters. Dirt witch Enchantress is one of the best parts of the movie.

When she's in pic related costume though I agree. It was pretty clearly added in reshoots
>>
>>85270488
Everybody in the theater laughed at that part.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.