[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh shit, you just killed Butchers dog and only your favourite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 236
Thread images: 44

File: 2762880-bb.png (165KB, 502x640px) Image search: [Google]
2762880-bb.png
165KB, 502x640px
Oh shit, you just killed Butchers dog and only your favourite childhood cartoon character can protect you.

How fucked are you?
>>
File: jack.png (100KB, 370x323px) Image search: [Google]
jack.png
100KB, 370x323px
>Why'd ya kill me dog, Jack?
>Why'd ya kill me dog?
>>
File: law2.jpg (37KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
law2.jpg
37KB, 658x370px
It would be one fucking amazing fight
>>
Literally all endings will be
>Why did ya kill me dog ...
>>
File: woah nelly.jpg (17KB, 298x395px) Image search: [Google]
woah nelly.jpg
17KB, 298x395px
>>85252699
>It ain't me, son.
>I'm somewhere else watchin' it happen.
>It ain't me.
>>
Popeye was my favourite childhood character. So no worries.
>>
>>85253155
>why'd ya kill his dorg, jack?
>>
>>85253155
Spinach is stronger than Compound-V? Wew he shouldn't be an arsehole with that bearded bastard. Butch is coming for him too.
>>
File: Optimus_Prime.jpg (99KB, 674x700px) Image search: [Google]
Optimus_Prime.jpg
99KB, 674x700px
I'm not fucked at all.
>>
My favorite was Spider Man, but I don't know much about the Boys. I assume Butcher is peak-human though, so I might not be fucked.
>>
>>85254129
He would turn Optimus into a junkyard with his powers tho
>>
>>85254247
The comic is about superheroes getting fucked. And he has superhero-tier strength. Spidey has no chance.
>>
>>85252447
Popeye will save me.
>>
>>85254129
I came here to post this
>>
>>85253290
popeyes punches warp reality, are you new to /co/? theres frequent popeye threads explaining his ridiculous feats.
>>
Poor bill, he doesn't stand a chance against golden age bugs
>>
>>85254397
only looking comics side of /co/ even if this is bait or not I will bite like this.
>>
>>85252447
>cartoon character
>>85254435
only looking comics side

You're all of the sudden changing the rules now?
>>
>>85254478
what is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>85254397
>>85254401
Toon Physics are the only sure way that your defender won't get fucked.
Street level supes have little chance, especially if Butcher does his homework before going in for the kill.
>>
>>85254435

It's common knowledge that Golden Age cartoon characters like Popeye, the Looney Tunes and Donald Duck can fuck up the majority of comic book characters because they aren't heavily tied with the laws of reality like the comic book side does.
>>
>>85254725
Oh I see. I was talking about generally cartoon threads. Cartoon physics can be pretty weird I accept that. The problem is will he have a time to punch him. In the comic He killed Martian Manhunter parody who can make himself invincible with saying one word. He was the one who killed Butch's dog. He couldn't say anything when he stabbed him to death at the end If he can... well it would be a thing that I must see.
>>
File: Boys06-001 Kopie.jpg (1MB, 1920x2956px) Image search: [Google]
Boys06-001 Kopie.jpg
1MB, 1920x2956px
Just outta curiousity, how buffed is an individual after receiving a pure shot of Compound V like the one Butcher and the rest of his team received?

From my understanding you get...
>Improved endurance although not bulletproof.
>Extreme healing factor, but can't heal crippling injuries.
>Strong enough to beat someone like Kingpin to death with relative ease. Probably a bad tad bit stronger than MCU Jessica Jones. Yet would still get his shit punched in by Spider-Man.
>With the exceptions being The Female and Frenchie, compound V has minimal effect on speed.

Other than these, did I miss any? These need to be adjusted?
>>
>>85254930
>Yet would still get his shit punched in by Spider-Man.
I think they are strong like him maybe a bit more or less. And yes they have to treat broken places but it surely heals fast. And did we see one of them take a bullet? They all get pretty rushy when someone pointed a gun to them but did we saw it actually happened?

And read this if you finished it some explosions like last two arc
>>
File: Mandy.png (23KB, 310x400px) Image search: [Google]
Mandy.png
23KB, 310x400px
I think I'll be fine.
I might even be able to get his dog back too.
>>
>>85255345
I hope Butch won't command ""that thing"" when you saved Terror.
>>
>>85254930
It gives the individual random powers
It lenghtens his life
Also he can come back to life after death (but retarted)
>>
>>85255958
>It gives the individual random powers
Don't we only see that in cases where people are born with it in their blood?
>>
File: Bugs.jpg (218KB, 1482x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Bugs.jpg
218KB, 1482x1000px
I'll be fine, doc
>>
>>85255958
>random powers
I thought The Boys version only affects basic elements like endurance,strength,reflexes etc.
>>
>>85256103
>>85256168
Ow I thought you were talking about the v given to the supes
Sorry
Yeah pure V only effects on those things you were talking about plus lengthening the life of the user
>>
File: fagot anon.png (143KB, 496x375px) Image search: [Google]
fagot anon.png
143KB, 496x375px
>>85254255
>>
>>85256132
This.
>>
File: Punisherfrown.jpg (392KB, 1024x1603px) Image search: [Google]
Punisherfrown.jpg
392KB, 1024x1603px
Butcher is a scary guy, but he's no Frank Castle.
>>
>>85256400
take this (you) and go back to 9gag
>>
>>85256436
damn, I would pay to see an actual Frankbrawl.
>>
>>85252911
ok son, or either you didn't read carefully the thread, or there is a judge dredd cartoon and somehow i never knew about it.
hoping for the second one
>>
>>85254643
>implying any of them will side with a dog killer
>>
>>85256635
not that anon but here is the sauce. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRLlICw1UWk
>>
Batman. I'm fine, he had prep time.
>>
>>85256436
I would love to see Frank be in The Boys series.
>>
>>85256747
but Butcher is basically frank
>>
>>85256747
>>85256772
It is like logical Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe. He is Frank indeed.
>>
>>85256436
Butch kinda comes out as Frank melee edition sometimes.
>>
File: basedbutcher.png (832KB, 627x973px) Image search: [Google]
basedbutcher.png
832KB, 627x973px
>>85256721
haha I was waiting to post this
>>
File: 4471993-3683074189-02208.jpg (220KB, 1500x1683px) Image search: [Google]
4471993-3683074189-02208.jpg
220KB, 1500x1683px
>>85252447
I dunno if things got better of far worse
>>
File: efe2d4983dc203f16d-0.jpg (362KB, 1024x1548px) Image search: [Google]
efe2d4983dc203f16d-0.jpg
362KB, 1024x1548px
>>85252447
I think I'll be fine but I better have killed Butcher's dog on accident otherwise she might just stand there and laugh while he dismembers me.
>>
>>85254313
>he thinks strength is all it takes to beat Spidey
Ask Rhino how that works out for him. Hell, ask Juggernaut, too. Both of them, especially the latter, would wipe their assess with the Boysverse.
>>
>>85257030
I didn't say strength is the only thing he has. He also has experience for this kind of situations. Beating capes to death is his job.
>>
File: the-tick.jpg (19KB, 392x295px) Image search: [Google]
the-tick.jpg
19KB, 392x295px
I would say ol' ham neck is fucked seven ways from saturday.
>>
>>85257083
That's retarded. So if someone hunted lions for a living, he'd have no problem with some alien lion that can move at supersonic speeds, slam through walls and bite through titanium? Get real.
>He also has experience for this kind of situations
Yea, cause Spidery totally doesn't have decades of experience battling every conceivable threat, some FAR more powerful then anything Butcher has ever dreamed of, some FAR more intelligent, some both. The Green Goblin would slaughter every single character in that comic, and Spidey chumps him every Tuesday.
>>
File: Baxter.jpg (80KB, 432x329px) Image search: [Google]
Baxter.jpg
80KB, 432x329px
On one hand, he could probably revive the dog and make a clone of me for him to kill, on the other hand Baxter might make me the dog.
>>
>>85257157
I think he and his team battled more stronger people than both Spidey and Osborn. It is like G-Men, The Seven and Payback etc. are the alien lions; Spidey and Goblin are the regular lions.
>>
>>85257244
Do you know ANYTHING about Spider-man? Seriously? This is a dude that can go up against The Hulk and hold his own, hell, he gave freaking Hercules trouble. Do you know how good Spidey is? Doctor fucking Doom failed a sneak attack against him. He still fucked his shit up, but Doom legitimately couldn't believe Spidey reacted.
Seriously, did you ever read anything containing Spider-man? People 5 classes above him get their shit fucked up easily. Butcher and his boys literally wouldn't be able to touch him, in addition to being more powerful, he's smarter and more experienced then the lot of them put together. Hell, i dare you to tell me right now that Butcher is a better hunter then motherfucking Kraven. And Kraven fucked up hunting Spidey so bad so many times he actually killed himself.
>>
Assuming Spidey wasn't playing around, I'd put my money on him.
>>
>>85257372
Even if he was, what the fuck can not-Frank Castle do? Spidey is class 20 with feats in THOUSANDS of tons when he's angry and going all out, he's so fast and agile he makes Wolverine look like a quadriplegic retard, he's durable enough to tank explosions, high caliber shots and great falls with minimal injury, he was a top tier fighter BEFORE being trained by Iron Fist, and he has borderline precognition. And a genius-level intellect and decades of experience. And webs that Hulk has to shit himself to get out of. He can fall asleep mid fight and they still wouldn't touch him.
>>
>>85257368
Read Spidey some old some new. but my idea is kind of same since his parody Spidey wasn't so lucky. and many of the other supes.

>Kraven fucked up hunting Spidey so bad so many times he actually killed himself.
hold on a second. Were you talking about Kraven's Last Hunt? In that comic Kraven LITERALLY burried Spidey alive. And won aganist the villain who could take on Spidey+Cap. And he thought he is done with life. He finished his purpose of living. He could kill Spidey in the first place.
>>
>>85257244
Even I hate Spider-Man and I have to agree with the other anons calling you a 'tard.
>>
>>85257244
Apart from Stormfront and the big three in the Seven those people are all jokes.

Hell, Butcher is the second weakest person on his team and possibly the weakest after Hughie drinks the milk.
>>
File: ASM_637_0021.jpg (972KB, 1280x1977px) Image search: [Google]
ASM_637_0021.jpg
972KB, 1280x1977px
>>85257368
>>85257468
We get it. Spider-Man is the biggest monster in the MC universe. Just makes you wonder if the other Avengers are really aware of the savagery within Peter. He's capable of literally ripping your face off and go right back to bantering with the best in literally seconds.
>>
>>85257645
MM's mom is The One Above All-tier.
>>85257638
love you too anon
>>
File: 6165611280.jpg (377KB, 958x923px) Image search: [Google]
6165611280.jpg
377KB, 958x923px
>>85252447
My favorite sexy magic lady will protect me.
>>
>>85257573
So, having read Spidey, knowing how strong and smart he is and what he's capable off, still thinks Ennis' wet dream stands a chance? Incredible.
Now, i love Ennis. Punisher is my favorite Marvel hero, and if it were up to me Ennis would be writing him all the time, with Remender and Dixon filling in here and there. But Ennis hates superheroes (except he loves Superman, because he's insane i guess). So he always has them humiliated by his more down-to-earth, gritty street characters (Punisher shits on Wolverine every time Ennis writes them, for example). The problem with this is, he writes those heroes how he perceives them, which is literally taking only their most basic, bare-bones traits and writing those in a bad light (his Wolverine is a subhuman troll-like retard, his Spiderman is a wise-ass dumbass...), So when he writes something like Boys, he's free to write heroes who are LITERALLY just these archetypes, and then have his spec-op badass team shit on them with their far superior training, pragmatism and ruthlessness.
The problem is, for this to work against mainstream comics, you HAVE to write them as these shitty archetypes while ignoring every bit of character development, depth and history they have accumulated. You have to make them less.
Example, when i read Punisher kills the Marvel universe for the first time, i enjoyed it immensely just for those reasons: i was edgy as fuck and it was fun to see a badass soldier mow down these costumed dumbasses with his pragmatism and skill. The same thing i imagine Batfags feel when they want to see him trash Superman.
When i came back to it a few years later, i had read far more comics and gained far more knowledge on these characters. Frank was still my favorite, but i had changed my perspective greatly. One of the things that really hurt the most about that comic was how he killed Doom.
(cont.)
>>
>>85252447
>Iron Giant
I might actually be fine.
If Butcher decides to make an elaborate scheme I'll probably be fucked.
>>
I can't find yesterday's storytime in the archive, what happened?
>>
>>85257847
I agree with you and think the guy claiming Butcher could beat Spidey is an idiot but remember that not everyone in the Boys universe is a joke. They would've easily been zergrushed by the G-Men, barely beat Stormfront by himself, and would've had no chance against the Seven if not for Homelander losing his shit.

>>85257890
>>85184656
>>
>>85254930
>how buffed is an individual after receiving a pure shot of Compound V
I recall it being something like 15 or 50, huge number jump but it was fifth-something sue me, times boost in base abilities. So depending on your base you jump accordingly.
Billy boy was a soldier who was already pretty tough without training so he likely made a considerable leap, not quite Mother's Milk but considering he tanked a grenade exploding in his hand and only lost a few fingers we can assume he's pretty pumped.

Speaking of which I'm not sure how much Ennis was keeping track of things but it's worth noting that M.M. didn't take V and his abilities are suggested to be just slightly above Butcher, The Female also dropped into some kind of derivative V so she might have similarly received a slightly different boost as a result. Only Mallory, Butcher, Frenchie, Hughie and the Prof have the same dope in them. Though Butcher's comment about the Prof getting regular injections to keep him alive might have meant it was a very minimal dose with minimal enhancement.

As for the thread topic the thing to keep in mind is Billy doesn't budge unless he knows how to draw out and kill his target. He went after Jack immediately because he knew where he'd be and how to deal with him, not just because Terror was dead. He waited on Homelander for over ten years before that which should illustrate his patience.

If the person protecting me doesn't plan to kill him on the spot my best bet would be finding a way to shift blame onto someone else, say someone who conveniently resembles me for example, or leaving Earth.
>>
So who really killed Terror?
>>
>>85258026
I personally think it was Vought, but I don't think it's ever made 100% clear if it was them or Jack.
>>
>>85258012
Thanks mate
>>
File: 17j9qwlu4et5sjpg.jpg (122KB, 387x617px) Image search: [Google]
17j9qwlu4et5sjpg.jpg
122KB, 387x617px
>>85257847
I like both reading him and reading other stuff. And The Boys is the wettest dream of his indeed. Especially when he wrote Herogasm.
But even with the things you said he would take him in 1v1 I THINK. because the reasons I wrote earlier. But maybe Spider-sense can be a bad thing for him. Like the tables turned-tier.
>>
>>85257847
Here was this man, who was wronged immensely in life and suffered greatly, and was still able to brave literally impossible odds to gain an empire and great knowledge and power, all through his will and determination and intellect. Doom is evil, but there are so many positive qualities in him.
>he's mentally unbeatable and has the strongest willpower in the universe, he will bear infinite pain and suffering and still retain his pride and dignity
>he cares greatly for his people and his land, and will not sacrifice their welfare for anything
>he loves his mother so much he spent almost all his life trying to free her from Hell, and eventually succeeded because his will never faltered
>despite his evil he has a code and respects even his most hated enemies, and this code is the reason they're willing to trust him much more then other villains
>he was willing to save Valeria and Sue for no other reason then Johnny begged him (and he kinda gloated to Reed, but he deserved that)
>his ultimate goal is to create a perfect Utopia for all mankind
Etc. But Ennis doesn't see any of that. All he sees is a pompous asshole in a metal suit with a goofy name, and that's how he wrote him.
>Frank manages to infiltrate Latveria
>Frank fries ALL OF DOOM'S TECH WITH A MAGNETIC MINE MICRO MADE
>ALL OF VICTOR VON DOOM'S FREAKING TECH BY SOMETHING A FAT FUCK WHIPPED UP IN A TRAILER
>Frank manages to bash through Doom's Hulk-resistant armor with a hammer
Now, let's get past Frank infiltrating Latveria. Ok. Let's get past Doom's antivirus not blowing up Micro the moment Frank tried that shit. Ok. So Doom's armor is fried. Now, if the scene were written fairly, in regards to both character's abilities, this is how it would have gone.
>Frank gloats
>Doom uses MAGIC (you know, the other part of his gimmick) to teleport out of his armor
>Frank ever so slightly shits himself at the sight of Dooms retardedly ripped fisique
(cont.)
>>
>>85258154
>Doom is: bigger, stronger, FASTER, more agile, more durable, more resistant to pain, and a far better fighter (he mahandled T'challa and Daredevil and Cap said that even out of armor Doom would be a match for him)
>Doom proceeds to turn Frank into a stain with his bare hands
But considering this is Ennis writing, all of Doom's will, his skills, his intellect, his unlimited live to live, to fight, his pride, all of that goes out the window and we get some asshole in armor that can be fried by a freaking fridge magnet. It felt disgusting reading that the second time. I may love Frank more, but Doom is a far greater man in every aspect imaginable, and that fight should only ever end with Doom standing over Frank's carcass. Doom is, to me, the greatest human being in all of fiction. He is all the best of humanity, with only some of the worst.
So yes, Butcher can kill any asshole, Ennis written Spider-man knockoff. But against my Peter Parker? My Petey who's been giving it his all for years, who suffered the loss of Gwen Stacey, who went up against some of the most dangerous villains and minds in the UNIVERSE? Who's fought beside legends and gods? Whom the media constantly persecutes and the thankless masses give him shit and he STILL fight for them and risks everything?

That Irish cunt rip-off is getting his head shoved up his ass and Petey's still home in time for Aunt May's cookies.
>>
File: tumblr_nz21ozPcWL1qm3rsfo1_400.gif (2MB, 390x293px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz21ozPcWL1qm3rsfo1_400.gif
2MB, 390x293px
I'm fine.
>>
File: godzilla angry.gif (2MB, 540x231px) Image search: [Google]
godzilla angry.gif
2MB, 540x231px
>>85258312
So very, very fine.
>>
>>85258312
Stupid lizard can't even get out of a bird cage, you're screwed.
>>
>>85258026
My money's on Stillwell calling it in. He was told by Homelander not to do it, asked why and got the details that it was stated by Butcher directlyto be what would set off immediate hostilities without any fucks on his part of the consequences 85082706.

Jack was in earshot at the time though, so maybe.

Stillwell also only scolds Bradley for releasing the footage, mostly more than anything because it distastefully puts shade on the Seven which affects VA and they have to run clean up, he makes no mention of Terror. 85152427
>>
>>85258397
You didn't even bother to open the gif, did you?
>>
>>85258439
Forgot the fucking arrows.
>>85082706
>>85152427
>>
>>85258302
>Irish
He is English tho if you were talking about him. And if you mean Ennis he kind of deserves this, kek.

and good article really. Both for Spidey and Doom even my idea is the same. But you really halfly went out of sense in Kraven's part. (if it was you writing that)
>>
>>85258484
I'll confess it was a REALLY long time since i read it, i read a fuckton of comics since then, so all i remembered was Kraven killing himself because he failed to kill Spidey or some shit like that.
And i could have sworn Butcher was Irish.
>>
>>85258154
>>85258302
Someone's upset their over-the-top author's pet got beaten by someone else's over-the-top author's pet.
>>
>>85258567
Hughie was the Irish one. And Kraven really owned Peter like beating him and being more powerful hero than him but not a hero like him. And Spidey really grew up after that arc. Thing like this might be never happen to him again. Well if Slott isn't going full retard.
>>
>>85258606
(You)
>>
>>85258620
Hughie's Scottish.
>>
>>85258620
>>85258484
sorry sorry Hughie was Scottish.
>>
>>85258649
yeah my mind went for a moment in there.
>>
>>85258439
>>85258464
seems legit. That bastard can really do it.
>>
>>85258606
agree in some disagree in more.
>>
File: p897654ewdfghyu7.jpg (8KB, 279x344px) Image search: [Google]
p897654ewdfghyu7.jpg
8KB, 279x344px
I might be able to survive
>>
>>85256436
I actually think Butcher is more dangerous than Frank. He's a hell of a lot more malicious most of the time, he's close to Frank in terms of his tactics. and his superpowers along with his training makes him a larger threat on a 1 v 1 basis.
>>
>>85257878
worse thing is he might can handle without a plan.
>>
File: x9.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
x9.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>85252699
>>85253113
>It ain't me, son.
>I'm somewhere else watchin' it happen.
>It ain't me.
>>
>>85258019
well, great job, anon.
>>
>>85260988
damn, I want Lulu and him to be avenged in new season.
>>
>>85254876

Yeah but he knew where to find Jack, too. And that was being fucked up off his ass expecting a bunch of trannies to rail him six ways into sunday.

One of the things we're forgetting is that most of the superheroes who were around in the boys universe were there to fit the story or just conveniently able to be beat. He just barely survived his fight with M.M. because he just so happened to have a grenade on hand to fuck his shit up. Notice how conveniently they kept Homelander and Butcher from going mano y mano as well. I am pretty sure he doesn't stand much of a chance without some decent prep time.
>>
>>85257651
God I fucking love grim hunt
>>
>>85257651

Gotta admit though. Serious Spidey is pretty scary when it happens.
>>
>>85256706
Character designs are familiar somehow, reminds me of a student film I saw a few years back.
>>
File: ASM_637_0017.jpg (764KB, 1280x1977px) Image search: [Google]
ASM_637_0017.jpg
764KB, 1280x1977px
>>85262237
>>85262372
Serious Spidey would decimate most of the Marvel Universe. Everyone knows Wolverine is a murderer, and because its expected no one fears him. I mean, they fear him killing them, but they're not hiding under the bed scared. Not running through your own goddamn house terrified of nothing scared. Spider-Man brings that level of scared and relishes in it.

Notable things scary Spidey has accomplished.
>Dodged a bullet shot by an expert marksman (trained by Kraven the hunter).
>Ripped someone's face off.
>Punched Scorpion's jaw clean off (although he wasn't in control when this happened).
>Broke Shocker's arm inside his vibrosuit and then let the vibrations tear his body apart, but not before using the villains weaponry on an already beaten Sandman just cause he could.
>Stalked Chameleon around a house (the pages make this seem so much worse).
>Collapsed a pier by leveling the support beams...also he was underwater when he did this.

I'm not one to normally be scared of a superhero, but Spidey is not to be toyed with.
>>
>>85263300

Absolutely. How about that "fight" between Peter and Fisk?

You got the pages where he's lurking throughout the house? Absolutely terrifying.
>>
>>85252447
Who the fuck is this?
>>
>>85254247
Butcher's strength and durability are around 50x what a human could achieve.
>>
>>85254930
The comic says it increases their strength and durability by a factor of 50, but does not make them bulletproof.
>>
>>85263485
that would not help him against spidey
>>
File: ASM_645_0022.jpg (756KB, 1280x1978px) Image search: [Google]
ASM_645_0022.jpg
756KB, 1280x1978px
>>85263371
Completely forgot about the fight between Peter and Fisk. Never seen someone get such an absolute ass kicking like that. It wasn't even that Peter beat him, it was how. Peter picked that fat Bastard up by his skin, his MUTHER FUCKING SKIN! And then smacked his shit in.

Alright, let's stop and think about this. In Spidey's inception, it was frequently stated he was strong enough to lift ten tons. That twenty thousand pounds...and that was starting out. Now imagine someone that strong using his incredible power to bitchslap you. He's going to be hitting you with enough force to crumble car doors like they were tissue paper. Being slapped by him is the equivalent to Ali wearing out a pair of brass knuckles on your face. And to top it all it, he's doing in the most public way possible. Then to add insult to injury Peter demonstrates to Fisk exactly what will happen the second his aunt dies and now Fisk has to live with the fact that his days are literally numbered. There is NOTHING he could do to stop him and that is a fact.

Also found the scene
>>
>>85263300

You can say that shit about a lot of heroes. It's just most heroes his powerlevel don't pubstomp like he does.
>>
>>85263542
spideys's strength has doubled/tripled since then.

the man can lift nearly 20 tons strong enough to crush steel into dust.
>>
>>85263579
>It's just most heroes his powerlevel don't pubstomp like he does.
Considering that most of Spidey's rogues could literally go toe to toe with most of the major Avengers, the fact that when he's pissed off enough he can "switch" to pubstomp mode and singlemindendly with pitch perfect precision utterly and completley decimate his foes. I don't know about you but I would rather fight any other Avenger than Spider-Man.
>>
>>85252447
>Batman
I'm still fucked. There is no character in fiction that can protect you from Butcher when he gets like that.
>>
>>85263663
What about realitywarpers/toonforce users?
>>
This is probably the moment I became legit scared of Butcher. It isn't even the act that upsets me, it's what he says. Again, I spoilered the image for a reason.
>>
>>85252447
He isn't all that durable it seems. He broke his neck falling out of a window. Someone like Wolverine would slaughter this guy.
>>
>>85252447
>Lt. Falcon

I like my odds. Butcher has barely superhuman strength, a will to kill, a .45 ACP pistol and training from the Royal marines. Falcon has a will to win (not the same thing), all the bullshit hypertech weapons he needs, and training from the SF.

Fucking lazer weapons in a world without plot armor, butcher is dead.

Or we could go with my 2nd place... optimus prime
>>
>>85263764
Fuck have'nt got up to that part yet jesus!
Context?
>>
>>85264103
I would respond but I have no idea how to spoiler text and I really don't want to ruin it. Let's just say someone did something they shouldn't have. I'd use the words "they fucked up" but it wouldn't even come close to what actually occurred. Surprisingly, this is the result of something that's foreshadowed/hinted at throughout the series so you could probably figure out what happened.
>>
>>85263764

As I said before, there is a reason why he had to constantly wait to get to Homelander and I still honestly don't think he had a plan in mind for his confrontation. When he was just starting out he had to be constantly reigned in by Malory and then by the time he got a little more experienced he realized he wasn't going to be fucking with dude. And then he walks into the White House with the intention of fucking Homelander's shit up and I honestly have to ask myself "how in the world was he going to do that with just a crowbar?" The only way to keep that from being a one-sided-curb-stomping was by having Black Noir interrupt when he did.
>>
>>85264171
I feel like Butcher would have gotten at least one good swing with that thing.
>>
>>85264103

Terror dies. When it was storytimed people were saying either Jessica Bradley orchestrated the whole thing to make The Boys and The Seven go against one another or it was legitimately Jack who snapped ( from footage of him getting railed by trannies released to the public, him getting kicked out of the seven, etc) but Terror dying was the end result either way. Jack was the conclusion that Butcher came to.
>>
>>85264258

Right. And ended up like Queen Maeve did. Homelander even mentioned this just before the reveal. I am pretty sure that Butcher didn't have any intention of walking out of that one. Poor fucker was outclassed from the start. Which made sense given what he intended on doing if he survived.
>>
>>85252447

I'm actually having trouble thinking of any serious hero or villain that WOULDN'T be able to hand Butcher his ass.
>>
>>85264374

By himself Butcher ain't really shit. Most of his enemies that he took out solo weren't that competent to begin with and when he's with the rest and fighting against a group, were people who were told they were hot shit and let it get to their head so were never prepared for the violence that The Boys brought.
>>
File: 1468196409334.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1468196409334.gif
2MB, 500x281px
yawn
>>
>>85264103
>>Context?
>Why'd ya kill me dog?
>>
>>85256436
Why does he look like Clint Eastwood? It's like he should be telling gooks to get off his damn lawn.
>>
File: 833251-sabertooth.png (139KB, 263x380px) Image search: [Google]
833251-sabertooth.png
139KB, 263x380px
>>85252447
Butcher is dead in seconds.
>>
>>85252447
I liked The Boys bit was sort of dissapointed they used superhero juice to punch out most of the super rather than using guns and subterfuge. Any comics that focus more on normal humans taking on super heros?
>>
>>85264772

Well they would have had to have used powered bullets for that too anon, it's not like they were indestructible.

>he didn't like Female literally snatching wigs off

c'mon man.
>>
>>85265022

vulnerable to bullets is what I meant to say
>>
>>85254313
Spidey is stronger, faster, more agile and has Spider-Sense. Butcher has no chance. the Supes he went after were garbage tier anyway, they say as much in the comic.
>>
>>85264626
MAX Punisher ages in real time, so he's still a Vietnam veteran. And that artist generally drew him as Clint anyway.
>>
File: mightor.jpg (274KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mightor.jpg
274KB, 1024x768px
Butcher gets his shit pushed in.
>>
>>85264678

Yeah, no.
>>
>>85263300
Ok where I can read the whole history arc?
>>
Yeah, I killed your dog. What the fuck you wanna do, mate?
>>
>>85266823

What arc are you looking for? The things noted were mostly done during different arcs, but most times you need to have really pissed Pete off to get this desired effect. You might want to look at Spider-Man after Civil War, as the streets didn't start hitting him until after her took off the mask, at which point he starts hitting the streets back.
>>
>>85258019
Exactly.
Billy's a superhuman punisher with SHIELD intelligence: he could just research Spiderman and wait for his moment to kill him. Spider-Man's no killing bs would get him killed against someone so highly competent and lethal.
>>
>>85252447

Darkwing Duck. Probably pretty fucked.
>>
>>85266153
not him, but whatchu mean?

he's outclassed by sabes
>>
>>85255120
>I think they are strong like him maybe a bit more or less
Serious? Spider-man can throw a jeep across a parkling lot and into the 2nd/3rd story of a building across the street.

Parker is strong, he just constantly holds back.
>>
>>85267125

How?
>>
File: earthworm_jim_by_spencer_art.jpg (723KB, 666x864px) Image search: [Google]
earthworm_jim_by_spencer_art.jpg
723KB, 666x864px
I'm gonna call this my victory due to cartoon logic.
>>
>>85258026
I thought it was Black Noir. Didn't he allude to it near the end?
>>
>>85257244
>It is like G-Men, The Seven and Payback etc. are the alien lions; Spidey and Goblin are the regular lions.
See before you were subtle enough to hook people in but now you're just being obvious.
>>
>>85263436
Frank Castle, also known as Hitman.
>>
File: 1619380-spider_man_370.jpg (248KB, 1281x1045px) Image search: [Google]
1619380-spider_man_370.jpg
248KB, 1281x1045px
>>85267076
Dude, no. Seriously no. You really need to read Grim Hunt.
>>
>>85267824
K.
Don't get me wrong I love both characters, but I haven't read Grim.
>>
File: 1467785300183.jpg (62KB, 566x626px) Image search: [Google]
1467785300183.jpg
62KB, 566x626px
>>85252447
I'm still so confused about that ending. Literally what the fuck, Butcher.
>>
>>85252447
>spongebob
Welp, im fucked.
>>
>>85268228
well, Butcher would have to somehow catch you while you're at the bottom of the sea.

You're in a pretty safe location
>>
>>85268228
>Why'd ya kill me worm, Spongebob?
>Why'd ya kill me worm?
>>
>>85267824
Do I have to read Gauntlet or anything before that? I can check this out. It looks like Kraven's Last Hunt-2. and it is after decades of this arc and maybe it get retconned by One More Day.

And if you are the anon who wrote that article yesterday I have a question for you. An off-topic one.
>>
>>85267850
Oh it's pretty epic, one of the top 5 spider-man stories out there IMO. And when Spidey goes hardcore shit gets terrifying. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but from reading the series I got the overall impression that power levels in the Boysverse are generally lower than in DC or Marvel.
>>
>>85257030
>>85257083
The thing is with the Boys is that the supes that Butcher and the rest face are mostly incompetent mongs or batshit insane fuckheads. Butcher may have a chance against others that aren't in the Boys Universe because of prep and tactics but that doesn't neccesarily save him.
>>
>>85268333
Well Gauntlet is not a story in itself, it's more like a brand or something.

>maybe it get retconned by One More Day.
Reason #2,000,000,000 to hate that fucking thing.

>And if you are the anon who wrote that article yesterday
Sorry, I'm not him.
>>
>>85267000
>there's no kill like overkill
>>
>>85268435
there are 5 TPBs or something like that before Grim Hunt one. Asked for that.
>>
Grim Hunt is non-canon trash. Thank god the real Spider-Man is back in November.
>>
File: cia.png (813KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
813KB, 900x900px
>>85268541
BAIT?
>>
>>85268497
Well, from Wikipedia:

Gauntlet prequels:

Spider-Man: Died in Your Arms Tonight (collects The Amazing Spider-Man (1998- 2nd Series) #600-601, Annual #36 and material from Amazing Spider-Man Family (2008) #7, 200 pages, November 2009, ISBN 0-7851-4459-5)
Spider-Man: Red-Headed Stranger (collects The Amazing Spider-Man #602-605, 176 pages, December 2009, ISBN 0-7851-4158-8)
Spider-Man: Return of the Black Cat (collects The Amazing Spider-Man #606-611 and material from Web of Spider-Man #1, 168 pages, January 27, 2010, ISBN 0-7851-4249-5)

The Gauntlet:

Book 1 - Electro & Sandman (collects The Amazing Spider-Man #612-616, Dark Reign: The List - Amazing Spider-Man, and Web of Spider-Man (vol. 2) #2 Electro and Sandman origins, 176 pages, February 2010, ISBN 0-7851-4264-9)
Book 2 - Rhino & Mysterio (collects The Amazing Spider-Man #617-621 and Web of Spider-Man (vol. 2) #3-4 Rhino and Mysterio origins, 160 pages, May 2010, ISBN 0-7851-4265-7)
Book 3 - Vulture & Morbius (collects The Amazing Spider-Man #622-625 and Web of Spider-Man (vol. 2) #5-6 origins of Vulture and Morbius, 128 pages, June 2010, ISBN 978-0-7851-4611-7)
Book 4 - Scorpion & Juggernaut (collects The Amazing Spider-Man #626-629 and #229-230 (the original "Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut), 152 pages, August 2010, ISBN 0-7851-4613-X)
Book 5 - Kraven & The Lizard (collects The Amazing Spider-Man #630-633 and Web of Spider-Man (vol. 2) #6, 128 pages, February 2011, ISBN 0-7851-4616-4)

I just read Gauntlet itself; not reading the prequels/leadup didn't bother me.
>>
>>85252447
GET BACK HERE BUTCHEEEEER
>>
>>85268600
yeah TPBs before Gauntlet sounds like trash. Maybe I can buy them. Thanks.
>>
I didn't really have a favourite cartoon character, assuming I can't use comics and pick Human Torch, I guess either Raven or Beast Boy from Teen Titans.

Of course, a more amusing choice would be Mr Benn or Madeline from Bagpuss.
>>
>>85268039

I admit that I didn't see it coming either but if you think that was out of character for Butcher then you ain't been paying attention.
>>
>>85268039
>>85268868
Well, as he said he wasn't expecting to come out alive from Pentagon. He was ready to die. But he didn't and he went after remaining Supes, after Compound-V itself. Still many writers wouldn't write the last arc. Ennis is a crazy man like that. But I gotta admit it shocked me and I loved it at the end.
>>
>>85268868
I actually had a tiny inkling that he was going to do something horrible towards the end of the book. But holy shit, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thoroughly shocked. Heck, he was even his same old Butchery self throughout the entire sequence of events.
>>
>>85268337
>>85268406

As we've been going over in this thread constantly, the threats that are in the universe the Boys create really aren't as world ending as one would originally come to believe.

The supes there are held to this high standard, put in a costume, told to look marketable so merch can sell, and are sent out to look pretty. Even when they KNOW The Boys are coming for them, they don't really know.

>>85254930
That picture right there best explains it.

Going against someone like Stormfront and Homelander one on one would be bad news for Butcher.
>>
>>85268960

Same old Butch-goddammit that was the most terrifying PART. Jesus Christ. No change in voice, never got angry, never showed a different side of him. Fucking hell we KNEW what we were getting from him the entire time.
>>
>>85268868
I'm just confused as to why he felt the need to kill the rest of his friends if he wanted Hughie to stop him anyway.
>>
>>85269009
not that anon When I first about his origin I thought about what will he do about rest of his team. I thought they will just get along and let them be at the end. Even Butch's mini didn't change that idea of mine. But he fucking did it. He became his dad while he is himself.
>>
>>85269035

He said it himself. He ain't got no mates. Besides, he said he wanted to give SOMEONE the chance of fucking up the plan. There was a part of him that didn't want to do it, that much is clear, but it's not like he wanted to make it easy either. M.M. Wasn't even supposed to be in the room when they had their confrontation either. That may have been when he decided to off Frenchman and Female too. No one would have sided with him on this since this was a plan that would fuck up anyone who had V in them.
>>
>>85269035
They were trying to stop him. About Hughie part Butch knew he is turnin into his dad.But Hugh was the still the wee brother he wanted to actually stopping him stop his dad and all. At least a part of his wanted that. And that part of him saved Hughie. Other part of his would kill him if Hughie didn't stupidly rushed to him like old times.
>>
>>85269044
Well, I guess in the end he got to live his childhood fantasy of having that knife thrust through his dad's heart. That's what Hughie's purpose was all along, I suppose.
>>
>>85269035
They would be dead anyway if Butch succeeded.
>>
File: 1468555596851.png (47KB, 632x852px) Image search: [Google]
1468555596851.png
47KB, 632x852px
>>85269088
>He ain't got no mates.

True, but in the end he did have a little brother.
>>
>>85257468
>decades of experience.

I know you're fanboying up to autism levels, but that's a bullshit argument.

If you want to use experience gaining in real time as an argument, then Peter would be about 70 now and he certainly doesn't look like that.
>>
>>85269224

Exactly. Thank you for picking up on that.
>>
>>85269224
> little brother
> not wee
>>
File: 17.jpg (1MB, 1440x2239px) Image search: [Google]
17.jpg
1MB, 1440x2239px
>>85264335
>I am pretty sure that Butcher didn't have any intention of walking out of that one.

He says so himself.
>>
>>85269831
>that smug grin in the last panel
Motherfucker
>>
>>85252447

I'd like to see a crossover between The Boys and Strong Female Protagonist. They are quite similar thematically, and deal with what would happen if superpowers were dumped onto fallible and realistic individuals that is less than capable of living up to the awesome responsibility, and how society would be different as a result. They also have some plot elements in common.

There is also no way that Butcher can beat Allison.
>>
>>85252699
Nice
>>
>>85271153
you would be surprised how many times he did that face
>>
>>85271351
I know, I was just referring to it in the context of what he does next.
>>
>>85271390
yeah, he really is one motherfucker.
>>
>>85271153
>>85271351
I gather it's supposed to be a disarming smile.

Thing is M.M.'s as clever as Billy, just not as active and aggressive, so he isn't buying it. Shame he bought it later when Billy switched gears to sympathy.
>>
File: dungeons-and-dragons.jpg (100KB, 1600x545px) Image search: [Google]
dungeons-and-dragons.jpg
100KB, 1600x545px
>>85252447

I'm good.

The ep where they quit kidding around and rekt Venger was amazing.
>>
>>85271414
Damn, anyone would buy it. That twist was bigger than Black Noir
>>
>>85271416
>black wonder woman
whose idea was that?
>>
Frenchie and the Female are faster and deadlier than Bucth tho?
>>
>>85271601
well, they blowed up all their chance with him.
>>
File: 495893.jpg (54KB, 203x273px) Image search: [Google]
495893.jpg
54KB, 203x273px
>>85271666
you fucker
>>
>>85271474
Was it ever explained why he stuck his thumb up Hughie's ass? Was it just because he's a creepy motherfucker?
>>
>>85271601
Frenchie says he could beat Butcher if the stars were in alignment - probably he has 50:50 odds or a slight advantage but isn't sure of it. Female would tear Butcher apart, yeah. Even M.M. is stronger than Butcher, but Butcher doesn't fight fair.
>>
>>85271817
Yeah, I think he just liked horrifying people.
Becky's diary implies he didn't get to things until he saw the fear in her eyes.

The good soldier bit I assume though was a jab at TDKR.
>>
>>85271817
I would stick my thumb up Hughie's ass, along with other things.
>>
>>85271869
Jings!
>>
File: 1470159555479.png (349KB, 397x787px) Image search: [Google]
1470159555479.png
349KB, 397x787px
>>85271869
>>
>>85271869
Fuck off, Hughie is my husbando and you're not allowed to touch him.
>>
File: fuck bro you killed my uncle.jpg (122KB, 456x334px) Image search: [Google]
fuck bro you killed my uncle.jpg
122KB, 456x334px
My favorite hero, Spider-man will protect me!
>>
>>85271416

Some of them got the shaft, artifact-wise.

An energy bow capable of damaging and killing god-level entities. A completely invulnerable shield that could extend its protection outwards into force bubbles. A club powerful enough to cause earthquakes. a hat capable of pulling *anything* out of, including spell effects.

while the girls got a staff that could elongate for pole-vaulting purposes, and a cloak of invisibility.

Now the staff I think was shown as being a powerful bashing weapon itself but wasn't really up to what I'd consider artifact level. The cloak, though, was a run-of-the-mill magical item nowhere near artifact status. Did they ever show it having more power, like being able to invisify the entire team, or maybe allowing her to go intangible as well? Anything to make it not stand out so much as the short straw of the team?
>>
>>85271926
>Man, I really can do anything!
>>
>>85271940
Was there even a Spider-man parody character in The Boys? I don't recall there being one.
>>
>>85272097
there was.they mentioned about him before and he was in the Pentagon Arc. Killed by nukes
>>
>>85271926
>I fought aganist Nazis, now I am taking orders from one!
>>
>>85271864
While we're here I'll also note he didn't take interest in Starlight's refusal to wear the strings until he saw she was frightful and outraged by it, suddenly he's in front of her doing his heavy breathing thing.
>>
>>85272054
IT has been decades since I watched it I was 2 when it premiered so take this with a grain of salt.

I don't remember Eric being able to control the field other than extending it to turn the shield into a bubble centered on him,

The only one that got shafted was Diana imo, invisibility is fucking useful.

If Presto learned to control his hat he got the best deal, since he could replicate the others items and do things they couldn't.
>>
>>85258019
The Female is the strongest of the boys I think, maybe because her V was in her from the beginning? Regardless, the Frenchman says she could definitely take Butcher, while he says he could maybe do it. Also she held her own against Stormfront pretty well.
>>
How could i kill the poor wee dug?
I watched Man of Steel, but i'd just rip the shirt apart and say he should do it.
>>
File: i.jpg (10KB, 480x213px) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
10KB, 480x213px
>>85272454
>Man of Steel
>dog
well I cried to that scene.
>>
>>85252447
>>85256436
So.. what do we get if we fuse Butcher, Negan and Frank?
>>
>>85263300
>>85263658
Let's not go that far. Thor, if he felt like it, could kill all of them in an instant.
>>
>>85273393
The most perfect husbando of all time.
>>
>>85271332
butcher vs Allison, two people I don't like beating the living shit out of each other. I could dig it.
>>
>>85263300
Do you know who I would piss myself if I fought. Iron Man. Why? Well remember Superior? Tony has the potential to do all of the things in that comic, every single day. He just has enough moral fiber not to. I mean, as much as I hate Bendis, one of his recent Iron Man issues just summed up perfectly why Tony is to be feared.

If he really wanted to, if he lost all control, he would easily be the most dangerous guy on the planet. With his knowledge of weapons, AIs, the suits at his disposable, vast wealth and materials, he could engage in a war with people like the Inhumans and win.

And as much as Bendis tries to play up the role of AIs in Tony's suit, the simple fact is that Tony doesn't need them. He can design a suit that can go into space, fight monsters from parts of your imagination you don't want to know about, and he can do it just using a piece of armour with a couple of gadgets attached.

Hell, even Richards basically told Cap that Tony exceeded him in a few ways. To paraphrase, the guy basically said "I'm good. Give me a problem and I will dedicate all my time to solve it. But give Tony a problem, he'll start, get bored and finish it while doing about ten other things."
>>
>>85273393
Butcher is pretty much just Frank with a sense of humor.
>>
>>85267076

He's not one of the pussy-ass supes from "The Boys", brah.

Precognitive Spider-Sense? Hyper-Agility? Fast recovery? Jaw-removing multi-ton lifting super strength? Webbing that can hold the Hulk? Martial arts training and years of practice taking down super-powered foes, including a former Herald of Galactus?

Stick a fork in him; Butcher is done.
>>
>>85252447

Not too fucked.

Also I'd accidentally kill his dog. Though it wouldn't matter to Butcher. Still, Teena's got my back.
>>
File: 4775385999_b01020f499.jpg (106KB, 454x500px) Image search: [Google]
4775385999_b01020f499.jpg
106KB, 454x500px
>le butcher is frank meme

literally they can't be more different, outside of generic military-tough guy looks and black coat

the only cheeky cunt that approaches butcher in matter of being a magnificent bastard is spider jerusalem
>>
>>85274752
They're similar in the sense that they really fucking hate a specific group of people because of an important death but I agree that it's a silly comparison.
>>
>>85274672
>accidentally
>a giant bulldog who can beat and literally fuck any human being.
you have to work more for than directly killing him.
>>
>>85274598
>years of practice

I know you're fanboying up to autism levels, but that's a bullshit argument.

If you want to use experience gaining in real time as an argument, then Peter would be about 70 now and he certainly doesn't look like that.
>>
>>85275965
>>85269250
>reposting in the same thread
>>
>>85276124
It's obviously the same guy fanboying, and he ignored it the first time.
>>
>>85276228
then just don't give him a (you) with a repost. You are looking worse than him.
>>
>>85273393
What if we add Dredd?
>>
>>85269088
I think if it actually got to the point where Butch would've succeeded he would've just waited for Hughie to kill him anyway instead of detonating the V-bomb.
>>
>>85274835
I haven't reread Transmet in a while. What's Spider's important death again?
>>
>>85276371
Isn't Dredd just a much more extreme version of Frank?
>>
>>85276718
I meant Frank and Butcher.

But Spider too, when Vita dies.
>>
>>85276753
he is doing a legit job. He has authority to do things like that. For the sake of law.
>>
Real Ghostbusters.

Ray and Egon science their way to victory. Winston makes the plan happen. Venkman? I love him, but his mouth probably gets him killed.
>>
>>85256826
>>85256721

Pottery
>>
>>85256863
You're fine. Butcher would never kill a wee dug.
>>
>>85258458
>Dat filename
>>
>>85266823
Back in Black has the Kingpin prison beat down scene. The other stuff I believe is from later in The Gauntlet, a five-part series building up to Spidey's confrontation with Kraven's family, and the resurrection of Kraven himself. Good stuff.
Thread posts: 236
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.