[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is morrison's jla any good ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: jla.jpg (68KB, 300x461px) Image search: [Google]
jla.jpg
68KB, 300x461px
is morrison's jla any good ?
>>
Definitive JLA run. Read that and other JLA stories will never be good to you.
>>
>>85242567
I found it mediocre apart from the first few issues and Rock of Ages storyline. Then again I'm not a fan of Morrison.
>>
>>85242567
If you like balls to the wall, high stakes superheroing where everyone is at their most powerful then yes
>>
>>85242567
>morrishit
>is it good

Of course not. But /co/ will pretend it's the best ever since Morrishit can do no wrong.
>>
>>85242567
>is morrison's jla any good ?
No. Hell, no!
If you think Super Mullet is bad give it a few volumes and you'll get to deal with Electric Blue Superman!

It's a lasting monument to everything that was wrong with comics in the 1990's in general and everything that was wrong with DC in the 90's in specific.

And that's just the art and editorial direction before you even get to Morrison being Morrison.
>>
>>85243157
btw, what's up with the blue electric supes, what happened
>>
>>85243157
>Implying Morrison's work on Blue Superman in his JLA wasn't one of the best post crisis Superman.
Don't listen to this faggot. 90s were bad is a meme spread by Mutie lovers, Spider fags and Marvelfags in general.

>>85243335
Superman was split into two parts, a red and blue Superman.
>>
>>85243335
Here's a very detailed run down:
http://comicsalliance.com/superman-blue-red-electric-dc-ask-chris/

The TL;DR version: it was a gimmick just like Death of Superman to generate news cycles at a time when speculators were driving the market.
>>
File: liefeldxforce.jpg (177KB, 600x483px) Image search: [Google]
liefeldxforce.jpg
177KB, 600x483px
>>85243403
>90s were bad is a meme
No, it's a public service announcement.

>spread by Mutie lovers, Spider fags and Marvelfags in general.
You wot, m8?? The only thing worse than 90's Marble was the abomination that resulted from draining all the worst of the infected abscess and allowing it to form Early Image.
>>
>>85243403
>Superman was split into two parts, a red and blue Superman.
he got electric powers for some silly made up reason, Superman Red & Blue was a one shot that came out later and was a homage to an older story
>>
>>85242567
read Gruenwalds Squadron Supreme instead
>>
ITT: morons of /co/ can't even bring themselves to appreciate what is widely considered to be the best Justice League run of all time
>>
What's so bad about liking Morrison jesus?
>>
>>85243636
>>85243649
morrison defense force arrived
>>
>>85242576

THIS!
>>
>>85243655
Name a better Justice League run.
>>
>>85243673
see
>>85243586
>>
>>85243701
Oh so you can't read
>>
File: JLA #85 pg03.jpg (492KB, 1024x1634px) Image search: [Google]
JLA #85 pg03.jpg
492KB, 1024x1634px
>>85243673
I prefer the one directly following his and Waid's(which isn't very good but has a couple good single issues)

Kelly and Mahnke really get the the big superheroes and run with it and unlike with Morrison the art here is actually really good from the jump.
>>
>>85243157

This...after the first few arcs it gets super weird and dated.

-Blue Electric Superman
-The Angel Guy
-etc.

Better off reading Waid's run
>>
>>85242567
It's arguably the best JLA run.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.