[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will this movie overtake Suicide Squad at the Box Office?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

Will this movie overtake Suicide Squad at the Box Office?
>>
>>85232625
I want it to be the final nail in the SONY coffin
>>
>>85232625
I hope so. Let's Make Animation Great Again!
>>
>>85232625

No
>>
>>85232625
America is ready for edgy Jared but we're not ready for a food orgy yet.

I'll see it though
>>
>>85232674

You and I wish. All this will do is tank their movie department (if they're not already recouping their losses with Angry Birds).

They'll probably make a Sausage Party tie-in game for the Ps4, and have it directed by David Cage. "10/10 it's okay"- IGN.
>>
>>85236786
I would play the shit out of a sausage party game that was just platformer shovelware. The sheer absurdity would be worth the price of admission
>>
So why has this movie been stuck at 8 reviews on RT for months now? Did they intentionally give it out early to people they knew would give it a Fresh rating to keep it high before the floodgates opened?
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 500x367px
Rotten tomatoes likes it, and that's all that matters right now. It'll be a smash hit. I hope you're all ready for the next 7 years of copycat adult animated films.
>>
>this got greenlit in the first place

just purge everything already
>>
File: 1467938464956.jpg (15KB, 340x429px) Image search: [Google]
1467938464956.jpg
15KB, 340x429px
>>85232625
So this is the future of CGI animated films.
>>
I'm honestly more concerned that some moron takes their kid to see this because animation=for kids despite billion signs saying this NOT a kids movie, and when they have to leave early they complain to the theater for showing this when it's s that persons own damn fault

Instead of actually making sure something is safe for kids to watch, they take the lazy and irresponsible path, and demand everything is watered down for, ruining it for everyone so that they don't have to be responsible
>>
>>85232625
It's different. There may be copycats if it succeeds, but just having something that isn't directed at kids or a PG-13 rated adaptation of an existing animated TV comedy that's in the public consciousness is healthy for animation. Yeah, it needs to actually be good, and its humor is definitely not going to resonate with everyone, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

If the movie's good and it makes money, the people green lighting shit might take a look at the large adult fanbases for cartoons like Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, et cetera and think that hey there's an untapped market that has spending power beyond what they ask from Mom and Dad for Christmas. That's exciting, even if Sausage Party won't make animation aimed at an 18+ demographic suddenly just appear out of thin air all by itself.

Maybe it'll flop, maybe it won't do too well until it hits streaming services where it takes off because people aren't comfortable bringing others to a theater to watch a cartoon. Whatever happens, I'm not going to be mad about a movie that theoretically might be bad. At least reserve judgment and give the movie a chance to succeed or fail on its own merits instead of just pre-deciding it'll be bad.
>>
DUDE
>>
>>85237860

I'm hoping the copycats aren't just "be offensive and not funny" as in "hey look! 9/11, gore, rape, sexism and racism! We didn't think of a joke, we just put them in there because adult animation doesn't need to be funny or good, just as fucked up as possible.
>>
>>85237937
WEED
>>
>>85237093
Sony is retarded.

>>85237026
RT score means shit.

GB bumbled its way into a Certified Fresh and was a financial Blunder.

This is an animated movie aimed at adults. It won't do well.
>>
>>85238035
LMAO
>>
>>85237977
Yeah, I get that concern. It's very, very easy to imagine someone seeing this and instead of thinking that "hey animation can be a lot of things" they instead decide that crass humor is just another genre animation should be pigeonholed into. But even if it does inspire shitty copycats, it's as simple as not watching those movies and critics being articulate about why those movies fail. If even one non-kid, non-comedy animation gets produced because some suit figured that Sausage Party proved there's a demographic for it, it's worth it.

That's also assuming it's actually good. We really don't know yet given the small sample size of reviews.
>>
>>85238391
AHUHUHUHUHUHUHUHU
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.