[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can one man single-handedly save the DCEU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 34

File: Ben Affleck.jpg (27KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
Ben Affleck.jpg
27KB, 612x380px
Can one man single-handedly save the DCEU?
>>
Probably not, no.
>>
So if Batman kills people, why didn't he kill Harley Quinn or Deadshot?
>>
>>85231866
Not as long as they keep giving their movies to hacks like Nolan and Snyder, no.
>>
>>85231866
He will single handedly carry the entire cinematic universe/line on his back, just like Batman carries the entire DC comics line on his
>>
>>85232021
kek
>>
>>85231866
That is not Snyder.
>>
>>85231953
I think we are supposed to beleive that Batman's recent out-of-character violence/murders were the result of his desperation in developing a method of stopping Superman, and that prior to the events of BvS he did not kill people, and did not brand people.
This is implied but not stated in the film, so it may be giving the writing too much credit, but it seems like a pretty safe assumption that in the previous 20 years of his campaign he didn't kill.
>>
Not without Superman. We need a proper take on the character if the DCEU is going to be anything more than a vehicle for Batman movies.
>>
>>85231866
He didn't save his father, so no
>>
I'm hoping they just ignore what happened in BvsS and go back to the no killing rule. It's Batman not The Punisher.
>>
>>85232090
I like to believe this.
>>
>>85232090
This is how I saw BvS.
>>
Let him direct his Batman movie. It can't be bad. It just can't.
>>
After Justice League flops DC will just say "Fuck it" and only make Batman movies from now on.
>>
File: new-wonder-woman-image.jpg (562KB, 4096x2737px) Image search: [Google]
new-wonder-woman-image.jpg
562KB, 4096x2737px
>>85231866
No. They'll do it together. They have to.
>>
Can we talk about how Supes got completely cucked out of being the frontliner of the franchise
>>
Is he even going to be in Justice League?
>>
>>85232572
The tiara looks like it's digging in to her skull.
>>
>>85232090
My only problem with this is that I find it a bit hard to believe he at no point in that year and half between MoS and BvS took the opportunity to kill Joker unless they never met in that time frame.
>>
>>85232602
>Gets killed in Batman V Superman
>Doesn't even get top billing
>Had one movie where he learns what it means to be Superman
Why do this?
>>
>>85232656
Anon, when crowns and headdresses actually fit they pinch a bit into your head, or at least they do if you want them to stay on as you move. You don't see this in comics because comics are fictional drawings.
>>
>>85231866
I think there's a high chance if WB give Ben creative freedom and don't try to make it like Marvel shit.
>>
File: 1469689326876.png (336KB, 960x402px) Image search: [Google]
1469689326876.png
336KB, 960x402px
>>85231960
>Nolan
>hack
>>
What the fuck did you just say?
>>
>>85231953
I assume he captured Harly after the events of Batman v Superman
>>
File: 288-e1397748202181[1].jpg (482KB, 3000x1687px) Image search: [Google]
288-e1397748202181[1].jpg
482KB, 3000x1687px
You bet your sweet ass he can!!
>>
>>85231866
Batman was the worst part of BvS. He was a whiny baby the whole film. I don't want to see him in a solo film after that.
>>
>>85232090
>This is implied but not stated in the film, so it may be giving the writing too much credit
It was said in the film that Batman was acting more ruthless than usual, so yes, your post is what you were supposed to take away from the film as an explanation for the bat-murder
>>
>>85232602
>Inspiration for the Justice League
>His example brought Batman back from the brink of moral bankruptcy
>Will most likely return at the 11th hour in JL to save the day
>>
>>85232021
>He will single handedly carry the entire cinematic universe/line on his back, just like Batman carries the entire DC comics line on his

DC Comics isn't called Detective Comics Comics for nothing.
>>
>>85234146
He didn't have to die to do all that, though. Snyder just killed him off because he wants Batman to be the one to form the Justice League.
>>
>>85232602
Supes is a plot device not a character
>>
File: 650-16-17.jpg (2MB, 1988x1528px) Image search: [Google]
650-16-17.jpg
2MB, 1988x1528px
>>85231953
Because reasons?
>>
File: 1452570661260.jpg (80KB, 350x526px) Image search: [Google]
1452570661260.jpg
80KB, 350x526px
>>85231866
Why don't they just let Marvel make their movies?
>>
>>85234598

Fucking kill yourself
>>
>>85234711
I still don't get how Jason is wrong here
>>
File: 650-21-22.jpg (2MB, 1988x1528px) Image search: [Google]
650-21-22.jpg
2MB, 1988x1528px
>>85235125
He isn't, the story concludes with Bats saving the Joker, then Joker proceeding to kill them all, then Superboy Prime's reality punch resets the universe again or something.
>>
File: 650-23.jpg (2MB, 994x1528px) Image search: [Google]
650-23.jpg
2MB, 994x1528px
>>85235291
>>
>>85231866
of Ryan Reynolds can do it, Ben Affleck can do it
>>
>>85235381
JAAaaaaAAASoooonnn!
JASON!
Jason?
JAAAAaaaaaSOOOOnnnn?!
Jason!
>>
>>85235291
This makes me wonder, could any of the justice league call on Barry or Clark at any moment. Like Bomb right in front of you, no monster to fight, just you need speed. Can they hear you? Will they come?
>>
what if hypercrisis created him to save it
>>
>>85235515
Flash is faster than light so yeah, he could handle the entire world by himself i believe. But...
>>
File: affleck thanos.png (2MB, 1650x688px) Image search: [Google]
affleck thanos.png
2MB, 1650x688px
>>85232021
>>
I really hope they focus on the Bat-Family, I just want to see Nightwing and Tim Drake done properly. And possibly Cassandra.
>>
>>85232572
This is easily the best she's ever looked. Not sure if the camera is "adding a few pounds" but she isn't the walking skeleton she was in FF6
>>
>>85233741
>Batman was the best part of BVS
Fixed that for you
>>
File: br20-005.jpg (816KB, 1225x1817px) Image search: [Google]
br20-005.jpg
816KB, 1225x1817px
>>85236631
If they actually had plans for Bat-family they wouldn't have had sticks so far up their asses about who the dead Robin was.
Snyder wanted dark, depressing, unhappy, rape victim Bats, highly likely he wanted Dick dead like Jimmy Olsen just to "shock audiences" or whatever the fuck he said.
Don't get me wrong, I too want Bat-family, but so long as they don't fire Snyder, it's not happening.
>>
>>85237332
And even if he did Bat-family, he'd have one of the Robin's be raped by the Joker or Clayface or something stupid. Snyder was the one that said that Batman being raped was something he could see happening in his movies.
>>
>>85232090
Metropolis was destroyed. Robin is dead. He's been Batman for years and Gotham hasn't improved at all. He just doesn't give a fuck anymore. He's at the lowest point of his career up until that point and all he cares about at that point is killing Superman, because he believes it's the only thing he'll ever do that has ANY kind of meaning.

Pulling out of this mindset is part of his "I failed him in life. I won't fail him in death." realization.

Also, not for nothing, but it's not like he's killing Joker or Penguin or Riddler or some gangbangers. The only people he killed were Luthor's thugs. These weren't criminals of necessity screwed by the system or people with mental defects or tragic backstories. They were terrorist guns for hire that slaughtered a bunch of villagers like they were taking out the garbage purely to frame Superman. They really don't deserve any sympathy.
>>
>>85232661
My guess is Bruce saw it as the Joker "winning" if he killed him.
>>
>>85231866
Not unless he's in charge of it.
>>
>>85234711
>>85235125
Because Batman doesn't kill and tries to save anyone he can if he's in the position to, even if they don't deserve it. It's not a matter of who is "right" or "wrong" it's a matter of values and those are Bruce's.
>>
File: WW Kate Beaton Tiara.png (149KB, 812x308px) Image search: [Google]
WW Kate Beaton Tiara.png
149KB, 812x308px
>>85232656
>>
File: jfgdgdtrddttdxfgxhg[1].jpg (261KB, 414x612px) Image search: [Google]
jfgdgdtrddttdxfgxhg[1].jpg
261KB, 414x612px
>>85237071
Nah, she actually did put on some weight/muscle
>>
Harley is being dragged along by the joker

Deadshot was with his daughter

After superman died he vowed not to kill, SS happens after BVS so perhaps that's why
>>
>Batman solo movie is basically Rocksteadys Arkham Asylum
>Possibilities of Mad Hatter, Scarecrow, Clayface, and perhaps Bane
>Trippy drug nightmares
About the only time I would allow more WB nightmare sequences, as long as they dont go overboard. Could Croc show up. Also why werent Croc/Harley sent to Arkham anyway during Suicide Squad?
>>
>>85237884
I'm more worried about it being like All-Star Batman.
>>
>>85232090
When was this implied though. Genuinely asking
>>
No, because they'll be back to where they started, with Batman being the only thing that is reliable.
>>
>>85237998
When Alfred calls him out on his bullshit methods.
>>
>>85235515
This happened in an issue of Green Arrow. GA's son got hurt on Themyscira and Oliver screamed for Clark who heard him in Metropolis and was there in seconds to get his kid to the hospital. I /think/ Clark only noticed because it was really unusual to hear Oliver screaming his name like that so he knew shit was going down plus he said Clark not Superman if I remember right.
>>
>>85237998
Mostly from Alfreds comments about Bruce getting cruel and the press/public saying The Bat had gotten angrier. His arc was going back to his old ways as seen with the prison scene with Luthor when he chose not to brand him. Again though this wasnt handled well in the story
>>
>>85232227
They'll just get JJ Abrams to reboot it.
>>
>>85235291
>Superboy Prime's reality punch resets the universe again
Holy shit comics are stupid as fuck. I understand now when comic fans are mad that an actor or actress doesn't resemble the character, because that's All they can look forward to since they know right off the bat the story is going to be shit
>>
>>85232090
I sincerely love BvS, but my biggest gripe is Batfleck's wanton killing of street thugs. They feel like they were thrown in last minute. I can live with this interpretation, but the movie makes much more sense without the killing. For example, since Alfred is getting all over Bruce's ass about the branding, why did he never mention the killing? You'd think he'd be more upset about that. Another example is that whole Dark Knight Returns homage at the end where Batfleck kills KGBeast. It's the only kill that's in character, (pic related 1/2), but it kinda falls flat since he killed a bunch of mooks in the Batwing not 5 minutes earlier.
>>
>>85237332
>No women in the family
What.
>>
>>85238412
Pic related (2/2).
>>
>>85237884
>Wanting multiple headlining villains
What the fuck is wrong with you? Did you learn nothing from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 or Green Lantern?
>>
I just want them to bring back Danny DeVito as Penguin.

I want him to be a semi-unwilling information contact for Batman, and I want him to be a decrepit old man in a suit and top hat who horks down entire raw fish filets in the middle of conversation and otherwise polite dinners.
>>
>>85238412
>>85238412
Even Frank Millers/DKR Batman didn't kill that thug. Crazy Frank said it was a non-lethal shot.
>>
>>85238080
Superman acts like The Batman was something that only started recently though.
>>
>>85238506
There's a few, that's just some random panel I grabbed, them just standing in a lineup is a little boring for a picture trying to convey that they treat each other as an adopted family.
>>
>>85232997
Wasn't that "two years ago"? So it's pre-Man of Steel as well. Which is why he's still classic no-kill Batman.
>>
>>85238615
You know Clark traveled the world for a few years and the batman was often considered an urban myth right?
>>
>>85231866
He couldn't even save BvS after rewriting the script like five times, what makes you think he has any chance of salvaging all the other films?
>>
>>85231866
Not really, no.

If he was anyone else maybe, but not as Batman.

The problem is, people already love Batman. People are sold on him. He's DC's only big reliable money maker. The Dark Knight is still arguably the most critically acclaimed super hero movie of all time. Batman still manages to be as popular as Marvel's heroes, unlike the rest of DC's cast.

No matter how good Batman is, Batman can't save the DCU. People already like Batman, and think the rest of DC is lame. Good Batman movies won't make people think DC is good, they'll just further cement the idea that Batman's awesome, and the rest of DC sucks.

What DC really needed was a well received and popular Superman, to be the Iron Man to Batman's Captain America.

If they get a really good Aquaman or Flash who really catches audience off guard and endears themselves to the public as a surprise breakout character, that could possibly save the DC cinematic universe, but no way Batman does.
>>
>>85238703
>BRAND OF THE BAT
>Literally a mark of death
>Giant Bat-shaped signal light
>Bodies of dead gangsters littering Gotham's streets
>It's just an urban legend
>>
Jesus when are the execs just gonna cut Nolan. Blank check?
>>
>>85231866

I fucking hope so.
>>
>>85231866
>Can one man single-handedly save the DCEU?
Nah.

Not for lack of trying. People are just eager to give DC the shaft for some reason.

Even when strictly dealing with the comics, DC gets hassled for sexism and brutal violence while people ignore all of Marvel's shit because there's a new teenage black girl.

I actually saw an article on some shit site or another. A news site, meaning this guy got paid to write this article, and they put it online so everyone in the world could read it and know it was from this website.

And it was complaining about how dark DC was because the Eradicator ate Krypto (he sort of vacuums him into the phantom zone, he's not going at him like the Blob with the Wasp). The article goes on and on about how fans should be disgusted and disappointed that a fan favorite like Krypto was killed off.

For whatever reason, Marvel is seen as the good company, and it gets a lot of leeway due to that favoritism that DC won't.

When it comes down to it, the DC movies have been bombing due to two things. Better writing and the studio cutting scenes. If DC dumbed it down so their world was like Marvel's, then people would just complain that they were copying Marvel.

DC can't win.
>>
>>85238765
>>BRAND OF THE BAT
New as of BvS. Literally one of the reasons why Clark even bothers to begin investigating him.

>>Giant Bat-shaped signal light
Could just be used as something to try to scare criminals by the police. Gordon even mentions this in TDK at the very beginning as something they do.

>>Bodies of dead gangsters littering Gotham's streets
epik meme upvoted :^)

>>It's just an urban legend
Batman isn't a public figure like Superman. He does his job at night in the shadows, it's not like he's seen very often.
>>
>>85238765
The brand of the Bat thing was recent. Batman had been retired for a while, and he came out of retirement angry.

People getting killed because of it was due to Lex Luthor, further putting the pressure on the situation.

And he didn't leave bodies of gangsters all over. In the end a couple mercenaries were in a car that exploded, and another died in an explosion.
>>
>>85238412
He didn't shoot to kill KGBeast, he shot his tank to stop him from lighting the torch and killing Martha. KGBeast blew himself up by pulling the trigger. If Batman really wanted to kill him because he was so bloodthirsty as you guys like to say, he would've just fucking shot him in the head or chest.
>>
File: Smug Batfleck.jpg (84KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Batfleck.jpg
84KB, 1920x1080px
>>85231866
Looks like he's going to have to.

I still think WW might be a hit with fans and critics tho.
>>
>>85238858
Angry Joe actually said it best. It's just trendy to hate on DC right now for some reason. It's mostly youtubers like him though that are at fault for it because everyone watches their garbage and then it spreads and is parroted everywhere.
>>
>>85238979
Who's Angry Joe?
>>
>>85238858
Honestly I feel like DC has always had slightly more thought-out plots, which is why I've always preferred them to Marvel's "crisis of the generation" plots and series. But goddamn the movies are just really bad. I thought Man of Steel was okay, if a little too 300-esque. But BvS was dumb. Green Lantern was shit. Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy was great but that was because he didn't try to portray Batman as anything other than a normal man trying to fulfill an addictive need to fight crime.

Snyder's take on the DCU is just a little too comic book. It tries to go for scale and epicness, but also be hip and modern. And it completely abandons the advantage that DC has usually had, that it's heroes have history, in favor of trying to say "Oh, this is a bold new world."
>>
>>85238717
Ben didn't rewrite BvS.

Ben is directing ,writing and producing his film. All he did for BvS was act in it. With more control and Ben's track record of great films, it's DC best chance of having a hugely critically acclaimed movie.
>>
>>85239010
A Youtube """""celeb""""" who shits on DC at any opportunity. Turns out he loved Suicide Squad though which is why he brought up the DC hate trend and blamed himself for it(yes, he's that big headed).
>>
File: 1467969595720.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1467969595720.gif
2MB, 480x270px
Warner Brothers problem is that they chose to launch their cinematic universe off of Man of Steel; a polarizing movie to begin with. Then they kept on the director to make their future movies, and Zack Snyder is one of the shitiest directors ever. Honestly, I've not liked a single one of his movies. I'm just wondering how many movies we'll get until Warner Brothers decides to reboot their franchise.
>>
>>85238979
>Angry Joe
>Trendy to hate DC
Ok first off, Angry Joe doesnt know shit. The manchild is the worst fanboy you can think of and an even worse Superman one at that. If you take his opinion as gospel there is something really wrong with you. Second you can just fuck off with the DC victim shit, because people talk shit about current DC movies because they are a fucking mess
>>
>>85238717
>after rewriting the script like five times
wut

He made it abundantly clear during interviews he had nothing to do with the movie beyond playing Batman. He knew the movie was shit from the get go. He only did it because then WB would let him direct his Batman movie.
>>
>>85238412
>Street thugs
Bruce literally didn't kill any street thugs. He killed Luthor's hired guns.
>>
>>85238979
Angry Joe has the shittiest humor, has cringey opening skits, shills his brother in his videos, and tries to make an opinion by shouting memes loudly at the camera.
>>
>>85239091
>people talk shit about current DC movies because they are a fucking mess
They really aren't.
Look at a simple complaint with Dark Knight Rises.
>how did broke bruce wayne get from middle east to gotham without money?

The first movie was spent showing how he was a ninja. But people act like without money there's no possible way he could have done something immigrants are doing every day and some people slightly less often (sneaking onto planes).

Instead it's touted as a plothole.
>>
>>85238580

>Penguin is never actually seen eating
>We just hear what sounds like a 4' asian girl deepthroating a 12" BBC while the camera focuses on someone else in the scene
>Whenever Battfleck is talking, Penguin's horrendous squelching and gagging is clearly audible over his dialogue
>Whenever the camera cuts back to Penguin, he wipes fish slime off his face before he replies
>>
>>85235515
Barry can't hear you. You can call him on phone, though. Clark can hear you and will fly to help, like that comic with Ollie's son.
>>
>>85239091
Suicide Squad was no worse than either Thor movie or Iron Man 2. If you actually read some reviews they're so hyperbolic that it's borderline parody. DC gets shit on in the media constantly - not just with movies, and Marvel always just slides by unnoticed doing way more egregious shit.
>>
Was a post just deleted?
>>
>>85239154
What does TDKR have ANYTHING to do with this anon?
>>
>>85239236

Seems like
>>
>>85239254
Did you see the first line I referenced, anon?
>>85239154
>>people talk shit about current DC movies because they are a fucking mess

The rest of my post responded directly to it.
>>
>>85239175
You're right about SS being around the level of Thor 2 or iron man 2, but the difference is that they havent had a real winner thus far for the DCEU. Im sure theres some minor bias but WB deserves the shit theyre getting.
>>
>>85239304
>You're right about SS being around the level of Thor 2 or iron man 2,
It was easily better than Thor and Ant-Man. It was more around the level of Guardians, but with depth.
>>
>>85239279
We're talking about the DCEU anon, hence CURRENT DC movies. MoS and BvS did below expectations.
>>
this man can
>>
File: Bait as it ever was.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bait as it ever was.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>>85239323
>>
>>85239342
I never liked Flash's Rogues Gallery before but my wife and I both left the theater liking him.
>>
>>85239304
>Im sure theres some minor bias but WB deserves the shit theyre getting.
I think WB deserves shit for meddling, but I don't think the movie itself or the director deserve this shit. Critics are supposed to critique objectively, yet they cannot go without comparing to Nolan, Ledger, Marvel or their headcannon. Film criticism in 2016 is an absolute joke. Just look at fucking Ghostbusters.
>>
>>85238925
I hadn't considered that, & I can see where you're coming from. However, if he didn't intentionally kill him, doesn't that kind of undermine the Dark Knight Returns homage even more? He's willing to mindlessly kill those goons in the batwing, but won't just shoot this guy in the face? Why? I want to say again that I love BvS, but occasionally something seems a little off in the writing department. My problem isn't that this Bats is killing, I can live with an interpretation that's lost his way after a long career & is inspired by Superman's example. In fact, I find that really compelling.

I think my problem stems from the fact that Batfleck actually doesn't seem bloodthirsty. In fact, killing aside, I'd say BvS has a pretty pitch-perfect characterization of comic book Batman. Which begs the question, why intentionally disregard this aspect of his character when you keep almost everything else?

>>85239116 I guess I should've clarified. They're henchmen plain & simple. They can be terrorists or thugs & still be henchmen. I should've said "Batfleck's wanton killing of henchmen".

>autism yadayadayada
>>
>>85240314
>He's willing to mindlessly kill those goons in the batwing, but won't just shoot this guy in the face? Why?

Maybe because Martha was sitting right there and he didn't want her to see a guy with his head blown off.
>>
>>85231866
You already know the answer

No.
>>
>>85231866
one man almost single-handedly destoyed it, so why not?
>>
>>85239356
>never liked flashes rogue gallery

Hopefully you change your shitty ways
>>
>>85238230
I think there's a charm in their madness
>>
>>85240342
Dude, he fucking blew up! That's way more hardcore than a quick bullet to the head.
>>
>>85240314
>Which begs the question, why intentionally disregard this aspect of his character when you keep almost everything else?
>Especially when Batman's arc would be exactly the same if the killing wasn't included.

Just continuing my thought here.
>>
>>85231953
So people's logic is that if he kills someone, he has to kill everyone, or otherwise it's inconsistent? Also, there's a big difference between not caring about the collateral damage in the middle of a massive fight and actually going out of your way to kill someone.
>>
>>85241274
Your argument would make sense we were talking about anyone that isn't Batman, but this is a character that works in extremes. He cannot kill because he knows once he does he will go full Punisher, and this has been his character for decades now. And it is inconsistent if he's willing to kill mooks but not the monster clown that has a higher body count than any of the mooks he hires. That's just bad writing, but that's natural for the DCEU so whatever.
>>
We all know wonder woman will be a hit with critics no matter how good or bad it is. Just look at Ghost busters.
>>
File: 1466714097431.jpg (7KB, 285x337px) Image search: [Google]
1466714097431.jpg
7KB, 285x337px
>>85240314
Why didn't he just slice his throat with a batarang
..or nuke the whole ware house
..or shoot the grappling hook around KGBeast's neck and kick him out the window, and hang him
..or fly the Bat-plane through the wall and whipe everyone out
..or shove a kryptonite grenade down his throat
..or just pulverize him with his bare hands

I mean seriously, man, he could've done any of those things and none of them, because some people just don't want to or are reluctant to use certain methods. If someone gave me an option to kill someone remotely or shoot him in the face, I'd jump on that remote in a heart beat.

Just because you have no problem with killing some thugs shooting at you, doesn't mean you'd do anything to kill them. I hate that blanket statement and generalization, that a murderer has zero morals and is willing to kill people in any possible way, because he's a murderer, and that's what murderers do.

Would you actually be happy if Batman just mindlessly shot people in the faces with a big fat grin in his face? I don't think so. He chooses to use the methods he uses, and when you think about it, you wouldn't do just anything yourself. There has to be a way you'd prefer if it was you in that costume.
>>
>>85238525
>>>85238412
>Pic related (2/2).
He didn't fucking shoot him. He shot the wall behind him.
>>
>>85232090
But why did Robin have an halberd then
>>
>>85241334
And that my friend, is a complex, twisted and fascinating human mind at work. We are all hypocrites to some extent and we break our own rules every once in a while when it comes to different people or animals for example. I have no problem shooting a deer, or chopping off a chicken's head, but would I kill a cat or a dog? No way. Was I fucking glad my granpa died? You bet. Would I be glad when my grandma dies? No, it'd break me.

What makes Batman interesting, is his choices. And I find it absolutely fascinating, rather than inconsistent, when he decides to kill someone else over another. That's why people are interesting, we do things, we contradict and I'd love to find out more about Batman's inner struggles and thought-process in the future.
>>
>>85238703
Clark traveled the world for some ten years
>>
so what if his solo batman movie has BANE?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>85241676
Putting aside all the memery, I really like Bane, especially when he's not just the muscle. If only they could somehow realize his character from the newer animated series.
>>
>>85241491
>an halberd
the h isn't silent
>>
Batman is both DC's greatest strength and greatest weakness. The Batman movies have been a huge success, but they faltered every time they moved away from the grim / dark stuff. So DC has become convinced that grim/dark is the way to go.

They tried it in Man of Steel, and doubled down on Batman v Superman. Look at how muted all the colors of the costumes are. Sure, they've got the reds and the blues, but they're all heavily tinted toward black. Not even a HINT of color in Aquaman's costume.

Don't get me wrong... I really like the Batman movies, but using the same tone for Superman and Wonder Woman is just wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 673x353px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 673x353px
>>85231866

After watching the Extended Cut and now Suicide Squad, Batfleck is my favorite part of the DCEU.

He could easily carry this universe on his back like RDJ is with Iron Man. I hope The Batman movie is great cause I'd hate to see a great performance ruined with shit story
>>
>>85241274
He he had no qualms about marking random criminals for death. Why would he not do anything to Harley who the movie says was an accomplice to Robin's death?
>>
>>85231866
All he's got is fight choreography and a chin. Fleckdevil is highly overrated.
>>
>>85232021
Hypercrisis
>>
>>85232602
Sometimes i wonder if I'm the only one that notices how similar this universe is to the Elseworlds where Superman flat out doesn't exist.
>>
File: batman killing bvs dkr.jpg (1MB, 1319x754px) Image search: [Google]
batman killing bvs dkr.jpg
1MB, 1319x754px
>>85238412
>>85238525
Retard
>>
File: 2oCJIHj.jpg (282KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2oCJIHj.jpg
282KB, 1600x900px
>>85241702
Or this Bane. He could dress cool like the 2012 Bane, and have more than 3 henchman, but ultimately keep Venom and an obsession with Batman.
>>
>>85237332
Did Bruce let himself go? He looks fat.
>>
File: 1469829805846.jpg (31KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1469829805846.jpg
31KB, 670x503px
>>85237071
>she actually may be bigger than me
>>
>>85243545
>master of visuals
>loves comic books
>terrible writer
>doesn't read the comic books

I...I think he doesn't know how to read...
>>
File: spock-mirror.jpg (181KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
spock-mirror.jpg
181KB, 500x373px
>>85239342
>Superman is dark and moody
>Batman has no problem killing people
>Wonder Woman is skinny
>Lex Luthor is rash, autistic and has a head full of hear
>Jai Courney gives a good performance
It's like the entire DCEU was made in the mirror universe
>>
>>85232090
There is a prequel comic when the DCEU batman fights Firefly and some goon says something along the lines of "He'll rough you up good, but he won't till you" so he could have been Killing people as recent as a few months before BvS, maybe at that point everything was getting too much for him? He doesn't even have canons on the Batmobile when he arrests Harley, which is apparently two years before SS, which is a few months after BvS, so making a few assumptions, he didnt kill until a few months (If even that) before the events of BvS. Maybe it was Lex was the last straw that broke the bat's back. I like movies that don't spoon feed you everything, but I do feel that the DCEU is currently leaving out too much, and leaving in unnessecary stuff
>>
>>85231866
He did pull through when Earth was about to be struck with a meteor.
Too bad another Bruce stole his thunder.
>>
This universe sucks so much.
>>
Tfw you will never see a DC cinematic universe with Batfleck and a smiling Cavill Superman
>>
>>85232090
Then why even after the MARTHAAA scene he still kills people in that warehouse fight.
>>
>>85231866
If he can, he's dragging his heels.
>>
>>85243653
this outfit would be much better if it didn't have the openings on the mask.
>>
>>85239079
>last_minute_suicide_squad_edits.gif
>>
>>85237332
>like Jimmy Olsen
I hate that Snyder can get away with this shit.
Seriously, he introduced him JUST to kill him off. It was a waste if time in a movie already short on time and all it did was 'shock' people in the same way shooting your neighbors dog would be a 'shocking' thing to do.

Then again, this is the same guy who looked at Lex Luthor and thought Carrottop if he was a fedora wearing edgelord.
>>
>>85237941
I hate it, but honestly, at least it'd be entertaining as fuck for the first hour.
>>
>>85249330
>introduced him
He showed him getting killed yes, but no he did not introduce him. As in, we only knew he was Jimmy by checking the credits.
>>
>>85231866
Not really.
Because here's the thing. Even if the Batman solo movie is the best film ever made and has a 100% approval rating from critics and audiences and makes literally a trillion dollars?

WB's lesson from that is going to be "More Batman!". It's not going to do shit for the rest of the DC universe' if anything it'll convince the suits not to ever bother with Superman or Flash or Green Lantern again, much less Booster Gold or Metal Men.

A Batman project *can't* save the DCEU, because in its success it can only contract it. It can only transform it into "Another Batman film franchise". It will cease to be a universe.
>>
>>85249411
Metal Men is too close to FF and Hollywood now considers FF poison
>>
>>85231960
>nolan
>Hack
Whether you like him or not, `nolen was one of the few people who could sell grim and gritty to normies and make a killing.
>>
>>85238858
Oh yeah, Marvel never gets backlash, its all because of favoritism, DC is a victim of circumstances. DC didn do nuffin.

Seriously, I fucking love DC comics much more then Marvel, and I have to call bullshit on this.
>>85238858
>If DC dumbed it down so their world
I especially hear this alot. "Of, they're just too smart, you people just don't understand it"
DC is literally on the same level as Marvel in terms of writing, the difference is that DC is pretentious as fuck about it. Theres no subtly, its as blunt as a brick, yet they try to act as if their story of a man seen as a god, thats just trying to do his best in a world that both praises and fears him (like good god fearing folk would) and having such a fucking obvious final self sacrifice is the most brilliant and intelligent Superman related media thats ever been done, and we should all praise the Snyder for his grandios work.

And as for the cut scenes, yeah, no, the problems go way beyond cut content.

TLDR You're full of shit. I enjoy the movies (all of em even) and comics, its fine if you do too, but don't act like this hate is unwarranted and dont act like the problems arent there.
>>
>>85249805
>I fucking love DC comics much more then Marvel

How to spot a mouseketeer 101.
>>
>>85231953
Din't you see the movie?
no one in the SQWAD was actually evil, just missunderstood criminals who all had a deep secret wish to be happy and something they cared enough to protect, like family, a loved-one, a daughter, a pony plushie or big asses on TV.
>>
>>85241503
Maybe is just bad writing
>>
>>85249842
Rebirth is just flat out superior to current marvel shitty Civil War II and Suicide Squad and BvS sucked. Deal with it and stop thinking DC fans are drones for warner shit.
>>
>>85249483
It was the first thing that came to mind but my point stands. Batman can only beget more Batman.

Which sucks because I'm fucking tired of Batman.
>>
>>85247355
JL movie.
>>
>>85242990
This.
People praise Snyder for bringing something 'new' or 'bringing the stories in a new light' but all he really did was take the previous Batman movies and stick it in different costumes.
>>
>>85245987
>End of Justice League
>"I got a name for our team."
>"The Justice Lords"
I would forgive him.
>>
>>85231866
From what? SS is doing rather well. WW will probably also do good by female action lead standards. JL who knows.
>>
>>85249403
Directors cut m8.
Probably one of the best things they cut out, desu.
>>
>>85250054
I'd better get my smiling Superman who saves cats and eats hot dogs in the park in JL. Lord knows I've waited long enough for him.
>>
>>85249991
Most accurate post here.
>>
>>85250458
Nah, he's gonna be brought back as Evil Superman for the Injustice plot and he's gonna sacrifice himself (again) to kill Darkseid.
>>
>>85250054
>>85250458
He's only going to be in dream sequences throughout, and then he'll reappear at the very end to beat up the bad guy. He isn't really a character in this universe, just a plot device.
>>
>>85250529
Actually, he's going to return, but its actually going to be Darkseid using a disguise-o gadget.
He never stops looking like Superman until the last 5 minutes though.
>>
>>85234499
And so that Superman can be Jesus.
>>
>>85250529
I just don't want him to be a carbon copy of Donnor Supes like in Returns. In my opinion DCAU had the perfect Superman, personality wise.
>>
>>85250692
>Suicide Squad
>Wonder Woman
>Justice League
AND SO HE RISES ON THE 3RD FILM.
FUCKING SNYDER.
>>
>>85237845
Is this a picture from before she put on more weight/muscle?
>>
>>85239174
>>85238073
I really want to see this now.
>>
>>85237332
What is Alfred doing in Jason's seat?
>>
>>85231960
Nolan's humor was funny but serious moments fall flat. His emotional moments were good too.

>>85249528
I hope you're not talking about the Dark Knight trilogy because that wasn't that
grim or dark.
>>
>>85232572
Think she'll throw the tiara? They already used bracelets, sword, shield, and lasso, so there might be a chance.
>>
>>85232602
>>85232711
Snyder thinks Superman is so powerful and charismatic that if he were to assemble the Justice League no one would be able to say no. Aquaman would bow down to Superman and Cyborg would be excited. Instead we have Batman assembling the JL. Cyborg says no and Aquaman gets mad.
>>
>>85236631
I can see us getting Dick, and Jason when they inevitably do their UtRH riff. But I don't see them making the Batfamily too large on screen, otherwise they might as well rename the DCEU Batman-in.
>>
>>85231866
I think all of aflecks movies would have to be released back to back, with no other movies in between. This way, they could somewhat wash the taste of the other, shitier, movies out of the public's mouth. And on top of that, Ben has to make sure Snyder keeps his dirty hands off of his movies.
>>
>>85236631
>Tim Drake
You will never see him done properly, if at all. They seriously can't even get him right in the comics, and I'm not just saying that to be a smartass. No one seems to have a handle on Drake anymore.
>>
>>85237884
>Also why werent Croc/Harley sent to Arkham anyway during Suicide Squad?

Not crazy enough, seems like. Arkham will hopefully be more hardcore than other iterations, with 99% of people (basically everyone but Joker) afraid of it. If it's a menacing place, then Luthor's fear is more justified. Not only that, if Harley Quinn isn't crazy enough to get sent to Arkham, the people there must be actually insane.
>>
>>85233609
>Save
Nigga, he's the reason it's shit now.
>>
>>85231953
Or Joker
>>
>>85249483
>Hollywood now considers FF poison
I think its more realistic that Hollywood blames Josh Trank for that
>>
>>85249805
>the most brilliant and intelligent Superman related media thats ever been done, and we should all praise the Snyder for his grandios work
Who says this? I don't think fans of the film even say this.
>>
>>85234598
Snyder pls
>>
>>85243149
He doesn't want to disappoint Superman. REMEMBER
>>
>yfw Bens movie is disconnected from the DCEU
>>
>>85235125

Winick doesn't write Jason with the capability of being wrong.
>>
>>85252617
You know what, that might be the one thing he did right.
>>
>>85237845
What is makeup shading, Alex.
>>
>>85231866

he couldn't even save his marriage.
>>
They need a hard reboot of everything.

DC is too far gone into "say what?" territory and Warner keeps digging its grave.
>>
File: agOdOqg.png (667KB, 710x623px) Image search: [Google]
agOdOqg.png
667KB, 710x623px
>>85231866

yes, but he's been cast in the wrong role.
>>
>>85256893
I see way too many people saying this.
Though its no where near as bad as when Man of Steel first came out, thank god.
>>
>>85247028
What caused him to go off the deep end fully was having even the slightest chance at beating Superman. He would do ANYTHING to get that kryptonite. That is, until he actually was confronted by Superman. The look on his face says it all. Sure, he says "do you bleed" but the scene afterwards shows Batman content with knowing the location of the kryptonite, perhaps planning for it later.

Then he realizes he needs it NOW after the bombing. He goes through the trouble of brute forcing through Lex's warehouse to get it. The only other time he killed people was when he went to save Ma Kent, which was the most important mission of his life.
>>
File: bin al fleqi.png (185KB, 485x201px) Image search: [Google]
bin al fleqi.png
185KB, 485x201px
>>85236320
f
>>
>>85252617
You could still make an interesting movie out of an enthusiastic team of do-gooders. Snyder's just a Batwanker.
>>
>>85232090

No you aren't reading too much into it. This is how any competent viewer of Batman v Superman took it too.
>>
File: Spock pout.png (188KB, 259x268px) Image search: [Google]
Spock pout.png
188KB, 259x268px
>>85263047
>We'll never get a Metal Men movie
>Or a JSA movie
>Or All-Star Squadron
>Or even Freedom Fighters
>Because that would be too silly for the modern generation.
>>
>>85232021
Harambe rises
>>
>>85243545
>rubber bullets
>takes gun straight out of Muties hands
>>
>>85234943

>That fucking post
>That fucking image

Top kek!
>>
>>85241274
Blowing up cars with people in them with the batmobile's gatling guns is not collateral damage.
>>
>>85236631
>Tim Drake done properly.

I want Tim Drake done properly too: by not being done at all.
>>
>>85231866
With enough prep-time.
>>
>>85238575
It could work if they don't add a origin, rise, fall and redemption for every villain.
>>85237941
>batman cackling manically after kidnapping Dick for three hours straight
>>
>>85239169

I'm really down with this.
>>
>>85240314
>why intentionally disregard this aspect of his character when you keep almost everything else?

Because Zack Snyder thinks killing is cool and if you're not killing everyone all the time you're some kind of pussy. Same reason Nite Owl and Silk Spectre kill 15 thugs in an alleyway right after laughing about what a psychopath Rorschach is.
>>
>>85264013
Just skip the little fuck and go straight to Damian aka the GOAT Robin
>>
>>85264837

I'm not disagreeing with that. Though Damien isn't the GOAT Robin.

That would go to Carrie Kelly.
>>
>>85264509
But those guys were still alive when they left the alley, they just broke arms and legs
>>
>>85264878

And the same thing happens in the comics with Nite Owl and Silk Spectre II beating them up brutally. But whatever.

When Snyder adapts shots frame for frame he's an edgelord, and when he changes things he's an edgelord too.
>>
>>85240450
I do too, but I also wish some comics would just not fucking complicate themselves so much.
Hellblazer's got literal magic, gods, all kinds of myths become real, yet for some reason the writers keep it pretty down to earth and generally centered around John Constantine.
John Constantine is always just a guy put in extraordinary circumstances, trying to solve them the way most of us would in his shoes, suffering real, adult consequences.
Very few other comics can say that.
>>
>>85237679
If batman is so self-righteous as to not prevent all of the deaths that would come from killing joker, only because he believes that it means the joker "wins" then he is an awful person.
>>
>>85266472
Actually, I always felt that the Batman from the comics was literally unable to bring himself to kill someone. Like, he's just hypersensitive about death.
>>
>>85231866
If I had been told that Affleck would be the best thing to happen to DCEU and its only light of hope, I would not have believed it
>>
>>85266734
Never thought I'd hear "Aquaman will save DC movies" either. I disagree, but maybe he'll cause them to finally make money and have good reviews.
>>
>>85234711
>>85235291
>>85235381
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kscfb9XzPs

Great Batman movie or greatest Batman movie?
>>
>>85233741
You misspelled Lex Luthor.
>>
>>85231866
Time Warner is banking on that, that's why Geoff Johns was put in charge of the DCEU.
>>
>>85266879

I'd love it if Aquaman became a favorite for Normies. He's always received way to much shit
>>
>>85231960
(You)
>>
>>85231866
It doesn't need saving. All the movies so far have been good, even if they were flawed, and they've all done just fine at the box office.
>>
File: hellboy.jpg (211KB, 1200x781px) Image search: [Google]
hellboy.jpg
211KB, 1200x781px
>>85269712
"good but flawed" and "fine" are what you try for with a $50 million dollar budget and some B-tier actors.
It's not what you try for when you're attempting to build a franchise out of movies that cost a quarter of a billion dollars before marketing.

WB was expecting a hell of a lot more than "fine" out of MoS and BvS, hence the re-shuffling.
>>
>>85269712
Dude, stop deluding yourself. They've all had so many narrative mistakes. Get some classes on storytelling.
>>
>>85232572
I don't like her costume.
>>
File: Two_Face_(Nolanverse).jpg (38KB, 499x357px) Image search: [Google]
Two_Face_(Nolanverse).jpg
38KB, 499x357px
>>85269762
He's not there for a story, he's there for a "moovie". As long as there's the requisite amount of CGI splosions and WWF-tier exposition going on, he's good to go.
>>
>>85261477
>They need a hard reboot of everything.
Again?
>>
>>85269784
It looks uncomfortable and ill-fitting, especially the knee straps around her pipe-cleaners.
>>
File: Superman salute.gif (951KB, 500x207px) Image search: [Google]
Superman salute.gif
951KB, 500x207px
>>85269806
Fine, call it a "Rebirth" then.
>>
>>85269784
Why not?

>>85269815
>It looks uncomfortable and ill-fitting
But that's what her costume normally looks like.
>>
>>85269872
Touche.
>>
>>85234711
Sauce? Image search came up empty.
>>
>>85231953
anon if he killed big and important villains, there would be no movies, ya goof!!
>>
>batman the savior of DC comics
>batman the savior of DC movies
its something of a pot making
>>
>>85267554
lol at him dodging the bullet like that. This movie's edgey and retarded
>>
>>85269712
They were really good but need to perform better so that more movies are made.
>>
>>85267554
I fucking loved Under the Red Hood. My biggest grievance was that the Joker was buff and sounded too different from Mark Hamill's joker, but in all honesty this Joker is pretty good too.
>>
Do you guys think one good movie is really going to redeem the mess the DCEU has been so far or that it'll set the path right afterwards so that every subsequent movie (even those already in production) are just as good?
>>
>>85263902
>meanwhile, movies about a shrinking guy, a tree and a raccoon with guns, and le wacky xD shooty guy are wildly popular and successful
>>
>>85277143
I mean, it definitely couldn't hurt.

Maybe if they get one good movie, they'll realize what they actually need to be doing instead of trying to make everything like Nolan Batman.

Probably not though, I just want one good movie before DCEU collapses in on itself.
>>
>>85278091
muh grittiness, muh quip-hate
>>
>>85278091
>>meanwhile, movies about a clown and his girlfriend, a crocodile and a guy with guns, and le wacky xD boomerang guy are wildly popular and successful
>>
>>85278393
It's only been one movie, and it hasn't been wildly popular or successful.
>>
>>85239058
He made some rewrites to the existing script while on set, wearing the batsuit no less

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3464665/Ben-Affleck-rewrites-Batman-v-Superman-script-superhero-suit-wasn-t-thrilled-it.html
>>
>>85239079
Justice League is supposed to be his last DC movie, and even then Affleck and Johns are now executive producers and have final say over Snyder
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.