[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't batman just shatter the joker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 31

File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Why doesn't batman just shatter the joker?
>>
>>85220141
>implying he hasn't
>multiple times
>Implying comicbook authors don't just keep finding ways to bring Joker back ranging from "that was just another facet" to "his gem was glued back together" and even "each shard became a new Joker"

It's the industry that keeps Joker alive far more than Batman.
>>
>>85220141
Steven won't let him.
>>
>>85220178
>Steven
>not Greg
Do you even murdercock, commissioner?
>>
>>85220141
God, that pissed me off. "KILLING IS WRONG NO MATTER WHAT" is the worst trope of all time. Do really all postmodernist leftists really think it's wrong to kill evil?
>>
File: Strangely sexual.png (144KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
Strangely sexual.png
144KB, 500x405px
Why doesn't Batman seduce the Joker? And after He makes Joker fall in love with him, Batman rapes him.
>>
File: nuffins.png (450KB, 527x419px) Image search: [Google]
nuffins.png
450KB, 527x419px
>>85220386
If you shatter the diamonds, what stops you from becoming emperor of gemkind?
>>
>>85220386
Apparently it's a neo-liberal thing. Even tumblr thought this shit was dumb.
>>
File: ZAM.jpg (123KB, 350x448px) Image search: [Google]
ZAM.jpg
123KB, 350x448px
>>85220386
Rose wasn't trying to kill everyone she was trying to rebel, killing people who you can convince to join you is fucking stupid and Bismuth was a complete murderous retard
>>
I don't get why this was even a moral issue. Gems aren't organic life forms. They can be incapacitated by destroying their body, but leaving the gem intact. There is literally no need to kill them. As Steven immediately demonstrated when he beat Bismuth and bubbled her. He has no need for a gem-killing weapon, and neither did Rose.
>>
>>85220386
They're fighting an army who is brainwashed to believe Diamonds are their gods and their life has 1 purpose. Shattering random soldiers might scare the diamonds, but what did those soldiers ever do?We've proven they can be brought out to think more independently.
>>
>>85220341
Steven took over after Greg lost his memory and then decided to become the supervillain known as the Cherry Man.
>>
>>85220386
>as a person whoes athorithy comes from the fact that I can fight good I defently should be give me the call on weather some one should live or die

>especially in a since their crime is working for the people everyone was working for, there is no potential redemptions left
>>
>>85220839
Plus the fucking weapon is so slow it's next to useless.
>>
>>85221065
Exactly. The only way it could be used is in an execution of someone already beaten.
>>
>>85220839

>They can be incapacitated by destroying their body, but leaving the gem intact. There is literally no need to kill them.

edgelords that should be on an fbi watchlist disagree
>>
>>85221172
I am confused, can gems not be shattered with other weapons?
>>
>>85220386

>wow what the fuck is this geneva convention bullshit, do these fucking lefitsts really think it's wrong to use mustard gas on evil?

this is what you sound like
>>
>>85221320
>>85221031
>>85220836
Do they at least use a valid argument? Because "No you're wrong" and having the viewers project their own agenda is shitty writing.
>>
>>85220386
"evil"
>>
>>85221367
Yes, the argument being the progression of the show. Lapis and Peridot started out as antagonists but now they're friends. If they went the Bismuth path, Earth would have been destroyed by The Cluster.
>>
>>85220386
Killing the peole you're trying to liberate isnt a very good udea
>>
>>85221367
Would you really expect Steven to have any other opinion? That's all that matters.
>>
>>85221419
I know that. But what I want to know is did Steven try to reason with Bismuth or did they just start fighting?

Because I'm sure if Steven told Bismuth about Lapis and Peridot, she would have thought things more thoroughly.
>>
>>85221426
Isn't that the American way?
>>
>>85221486
Did you watch the episode?
>>
>>85221367
Rose wanted a social revolution for her own kind. Killing them defeats the purpose. Most gems are basically slaves to the Diamonds who are raised from the day they're made to treat the Diamonds as infallible gods. The only ones that Rose would want to shatter is the Diamonds and that's likely only if they refused to surrender.

It's literally a slave revolt. If a slave revolts against their masters, why would they just start murdering other slaves if they had a chance to capture and convince them to join the revolution instead?
>>
>>85221486
She stopped listening to him once she suspected he was lying, iirc.
>>
>>85221511
Of course not.
>>
>>85221554
Watch the damn episode then you dingus, why the hell are you trying to make an argument for something you've never even watched?
>>
>>85221486
>>85221367
>Do they at least use a valid argument?
>But what I want to know is did Steven try to reason with Bismuth or did they just start fighting?

Holy shit. You probably spent more time on this thread than it would've taken to watch the episode.
>>
>>85221486

Bismuth attacked Steven as soon as she got it in her head that he was actually Rose in disguise, because Rose bubbled her in the first place, which "betrayed" the ideology of the Crystal Gems (which was just Bismuth's own interpretation of what they stood for), and actually betrayed her by fucking lying to everyone about what happened to her.

She flew right the fuck off the handle. The fight wasn't about Bismuth wanting to kill gems, it was about the personal grudge she had against Rose.
>>
>>85221577
>why the hell are you trying to get a better understanding of a show that you dislike?
Gee, I wonder...

>>85221592
I just got here anon. Stop being so hostile.
>>
>>85221315
They can be cracked by someone stepping on them so I think it's reasonable to assume they can.
>>
>>85221624
Yeah unfortunately she was so triggered by that that Steven didn't really get a chance to actually employ much of an argument.

It's also unclear what reasoning Rose employed before she and Bismuth fought earlier.
>>
>>85221783
This whole thing makes no sense then. Bismuth be cray.
>>
>>85221675
>Stop being so hostile.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>85221577
>thinking anons on /co/
>actually care to know shit before they argue over it

Anon...
>>
File: bismuth's edge.jpg (153KB, 626x470px) Image search: [Google]
bismuth's edge.jpg
153KB, 626x470px
>>85220386
The edge is real.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
If Rose killed Bismuth then Steven wouldn't have had to deal with her shit
>>
>>85221784

All we know is that Rose said the same thing about not wanting to use the weapon. So either

>Bismuth went into a rage and attacked Rose, causing Rose to defend herself like Steven

OR

>Rose pre-emptively poofed and bubbled Bismuth, to prevent her from causing dissension in the ranks by saying that the CGs couldn't defend themselves with a superweapon

I'm more partial to the second one, but unless we ever find out what actually happened between them, it's a big mystery on whether or not they're justified in putting Bismuth back on the shelf forever.

I mean, it's total bullshit either way, considering Bismuth cooled down by the end of the fight once Steven said he would tell the CGs the truth. Pearl also nearly let Steven die and they keep her around.
>>
>>85221819
I think if she got the go-ahead from Rose, she'd make more advanced weapons that might not suck. Like it's possible that the Breaking Point was more symbolic of a paradigm shift that Bismuth wanted to introduce than anything else.

Because as it stands, it's only really useful as an execution device.
>>
>>85220842
>brainwashed
No anon Peridot is proof any of the gems can defect from the diamonds at any time meaning they are doing everything of their free will.
>>
>>85221914
I really hope they're not putting her on the shelf forever. Like maybe they're waiting for things with Homeworld to be resolved, or a couple years for Steven to be more mature, or maybe Garnet's future vision is so frazzled by stuff she couldn't account for (Bismuth's grudge and short temper, Rose's secrecy) that she can't currently see any outcome where they can work things out.

But yeah it'd be pretty hypocritical to leave her bubbled forever because if they never release her, is there functionally any difference from shattering her?
>>
>>85220386
Imagine if we had weapons that were just as efficient as our current ones, but they could completely incapacitate enemies without any danger to their life. In that case, killing others would be pretty bad. It's not about killing being wrong, it's about senseless killing being wrong. And when it comes to gems, pretty much any killing is senseless due to the way gem bodies work.

On top of that, these aren't just enemy soldiers they'd be killing. They're gems that have been made to believe they have no other purpose in life and they could possibly be brought over to Rose's side. Peridot is a prime example of an ally/friend that they wouldn't have if they had shattered enemies.
>>
>>85221993
Ah, so it's another case of the writers being pussies

Can't REALLY commit to a pacifist message, so they have magic non lethal tech, just like they can't REALLY commit to lesbians, so they have all the gems be the same gender
>>
>>85221993
Anon humans invented weapons to kill, you Homo Ergaster made the stone axe to bonk dudes on the head so they stop hitting him no anon he made that to gore dude's faces man. Weapons ARE FOR KILLING anon stop being a pussy jeez. Senseless killing ahahaha Id let you in a real war kid.
>>
>trying to argue over an episode of a show you don't even fucking watch

I don't understand. Tell me the purpose of trying to argue over the details of a show you've never seen before.
>>
File: lilcheney_500_926.jpg (23KB, 304x300px) Image search: [Google]
lilcheney_500_926.jpg
23KB, 304x300px
>>85220141
Dick Cheney did nothing wrong.
>>
>>85222042

If the core essence of a human was contained in the heart, and the rest of a human's body was just a manifestation that can regenerate as long as the heart is intact, you'd have a point.

Gems aren't humans, and their fights and technology surrounding war works differently as a result.
>>
>>85222037

It's not really non-lethal tech, it's just how gems work. They can be incapacitated easier than they can be killed.
>>
>>85222081
Anon any life that is intelligent would be violent its a requirement to dominate your biosphere dumbass.
>>
>>85222059
>>85221840

>they want to pass some time
>they want o shitpost
>they love arguing on /co/

Pick one, two, or all three.
>>
File: 1464475050630.jpg (57KB, 895x895px) Image search: [Google]
1464475050630.jpg
57KB, 895x895px
>>85222062
BUSH APOLOGISTS OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>85222059
You don't need to be part of a culture to be able to discuss it as an outsider you swine.
>>
>>85222107
Gem poofing is a stupid idea, Jasper and Lapis shows us how easy it is to kill gems in their immobile crystal state.
>>
>>85220221
Best post
>>
File: the simpsons.gif (483KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
the simpsons.gif
483KB, 500x375px
>i've never seen this show before but here's my opinion of it that you should take seriously

>>85222147

It's a fucking cartoon, not a culture.
>>
File: 1406597957433.jpg (23KB, 359x316px) Image search: [Google]
1406597957433.jpg
23KB, 359x316px
>>85220221
Underrated post
>>
>>85222042
That's because it's not possible to make a weapon that can reliably and effectively neutralize the human body with no negative effect to the victim's health. Gems are different because they can be effectively neutralized without being killed. Oh, and real war DOES have policies against senseless killing. We don't just let our soldiers execute prisoners of war because they feel like it.

But hey, leave it to a childish edgemaster to completely miss the entire point of my post.
>>
>>85221949
Peridot isn't a soldier though, she's higher educated, surrounded by information.

In any case, brainwashed people do have free will. Brainwashing is fostering ignorance not real mind control.
>>
>>85222166
>i've never seen this show before but here's my opinion of it that you should take seriously
If it's good enough for Twitter, Slate, and other hot take factories, why not 4chan?
>>
>>85220386
It's a show for children you fucking autist.
>>
>>85222237
Jasper is defecting by showing the ability to igore her mission at any time though..
>>85222220
Anon we have the tech to make paralysis guns but the military likes to murder more anon, gems being neutralized is a meme its like saying punching a dude puts him in a coma where his body heals overtime and then the guy who didnt punch him doesnt just shoot him in the head.
>>
>>85221993
>pretty much any killing is senseless due to the way gem bodies work.
I'm not sure about that, regeneration can happen fast. It's not very good incapacitation.
>>
>>85222115
>Biosphere
...How can you not know that gems are synthetic? Why are you shitposting about a show you know nothing about?
>>
>>85222326
They would still have to be violent to conquer anything.

Proof

The Bonobos are on the way out and peaceful while the violent nutbags chimps are still strong and going.

Violence is necessary for conquest anon.
>>
File: 1423727699893.jpg (19KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1423727699893.jpg
19KB, 600x300px
>>85220141
>blm: the character
>>
File: 1469903085657.jpg (35KB, 410x342px) Image search: [Google]
1469903085657.jpg
35KB, 410x342px
>>85222414
>pol meme: the buzzword
>>
>>85221517
I get what you're saying, but when I look at it that way, it only makes it more imperative that you kill them if you show them the way and they reject it.

You can't risk some house negro gem running back and telling the diamonds everything about your operation. How many people even switch sides in the middle of a war anyway?

Rose's rebellion would only worked though gems who heard about it and staged a coup on their own, no one else actively fighting for the diamonds is going to turn coat in the middle of the war. They have to be shattered.
>>
>>85222381
They are violent but their honor code prevents most actual deaths among their own people. Obviously gem culture doesn't mind killing humans, they were gonna blow up the planet.
>>
>>85220221
this post

is underrated
>>
File: lapispunch.jpg (19KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
lapispunch.jpg
19KB, 540x304px
I guess people would be fine if bismuth shattered lapis
>>
>>85222575
Gems are fucking savages, Bismuth mentions they have arenas where gems fight eachother.
>>
>>85222547
>overly aggressive
>short sighted
>pig ignorant

yeah nothing alike at all
>>
>>85222607
and fights usually don't end in death. they fight on stun mode to determine the superior.
>>
>>85222651
Arenas anon its a reference to Roman gladiator battles.
>>
>>85222414
>Din'do nuffin!
>>
What a fucking ugly character. Who the hell designs these?
>>
>>85222613
Bismuth is a engineer it makes sense she has a no nonsense attitude towards everything though.

>Killing our enemies is wrong
>Wrong? Is that logical
>Well no
>Then use the fucking weapon Rose
>>
>>85221914
Bismuth talked about "having to fight". Consdering all the "Just like last time" she referenced, I think Bismuth attacked first.

And Steven isn't wrong to keep her bubbled. This bitch would kill him in his sleep.
>>
>>85221367
Shattering isn't death. Gems never truly die. Bubbled gems can't reform until they are released, but shattering them breaks them into tiny shards of their former selves, reaching out in anguish to put themselves back together.
So yeah, shattering is bad mmmkay?
>>
>>85222305
Fast regeneration is harmful to the gem. That would only make them unstable.
>>
>>85223195
She tried to kill Steven because she thinks Steven is Rose fucking with her again, she would never actually try to kill Steven thats why she immediately stopped when she realised it wasnt Rose and even tried to commit suicide by asking Steven to kill her with the Breaking Point.
>>
>>85222571
time and conditions change everything and Join or Die isn't really a choice.

let's say there was a real world rebellion in the US (or whatever country you happen to be in)

it starts out small in some remote region, and hearing about it your feel some sympathy for their cause. Do you drop everything at that moment to pick up your guns and fight? No, probably not.

What about further down the line, the rebellion has gained control of a huge territory, gotten sections of the military to join them. Won some major battles. Does that change your decision?

What if you didn't agree with the rebellion at all, but they were on the cusp of winning the war? If you don't join now, what might happen to you once it's over?

But if the rebellion started right at your doorstep and you were killed for not joining right away, you'd never really have the freedom to choose at any of those times in the future would you?
>>
File: 160.png (289KB, 712x1067px) Image search: [Google]
160.png
289KB, 712x1067px
>>85222603
or the rubies for that matter
>>
>>85222613
So a BLM and a conservative eh?
>>
Would Bismuth support weaponizing corrupted gems and forced fusion experiments? They'd make pretty useful shock troops if the Crystal Gems set them loose on Homeworld's soldiers.
>>
>>85224488
No.
>>
File: meltman.gif (820KB, 354x398px) Image search: [Google]
meltman.gif
820KB, 354x398px
>Jasper had an absolutely perfect creation
>All of the crystal gems have imperfections to various degrees

>Jasper loves her function
>Rose encouraged gems to move past their functions and to be more than just their designation

on the other hand

>Jasper is disgusted with fusion initially
>Ends up loving being in a fusion situation, even if it was arguably the worst possible relationship

>Jasper ends up building an army
>made of nothing but imperfect and flawed gems
>>
>>85220486
I would shatter Lapis... with my dick
>>
The series finale will be the curing of all the gems and then all of the men on the planet earth each get one gemfu and then they all go on a murdercock rampage and make a bunch of gem-babbies.
>>
>>85220141
What you have to understand about Bruce Wayne is that being Batman is his hobby and his sport. It's more fun than anything else.

At first it was just beating up petty criminals and claiming the moral high ground, but guys like the Joker made it so much richer and more entertaining for him.

Imagine that you love chess. You meet a new player and play the best chess game of your life. Don't you want to play against them again?
>>
>Steven fuses with a gem
>Or rather, Rose fuses with a gem
>Turns out Steven is not a gem compatible hybrid being, gem-gem fusion makes him unstable because other gems can't handle the human part
>Rose is being ripped out of Steven
>Steven is being reduced to a pile of dead organic goo

Oh no!
>>
>>85220386
The thing is that the gems they would have exterminated on the battlefield were gems just like Rose or Bismuth, just doing the thing they were created to do, who had never ever made a single independent choice about anything. The Crystal Gems themselves were just Homeworld gems who had been presented the choice of starting to think for themselves and who had chosen freedom, but Bismuth wanted to shatter them before even ever giving them a possibility to make that choice.

She should have countered Steven's refusal with some explanation about how she'd only use it against the Diamonds on some secret infiltration misson or whatever. Instead she instantly pulled treason and tried to shatter the gem who'd given her freedom, her own commander, just because she disagreed with her views.
>>
>>85223818
>the rubies
>aristocracy
You're retarded and don't know what motivated the shatter happy commie in the first place.
>>
>>85225771
The criminal justice system should do it's damn job and make sure they stay off the streets.
>>
>>85223601
>she would never actually try to kill Steven
She just did onscreen though. She "immediately stopped" when Steven's sword went through her.
>>
>>85226997
Anon she was trying to kill herself.
>>
>>85220221
I feel that this post is now adequately rated but I wish to draw attention to it nonetheless.
>>
>>85220221
this post is overrated
>>
the strong execution of the episode as a whole makes up for any potential weirdness with the moral at the end, IMO

also they wouldn't waste all that development in the first 14 minutes just for a shitty ruse for a character that will never come back, that's not how they roll. I mean, Marty came back, even fucking Kevin came back. The goddamn ticket girl came back.
>>
>>85225866
But anon, the series already had an Akira homage!
>>
>>85220221

This post was never good, nostalgiafags pls go
>>
File: 1470109024078-co.jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470109024078-co.jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
>>85227328
It already had had an Eva homage too but that didn't prevent Kiki's Delivery Service from happening.
>>
>>85220221
I don't think this post exists
>>
>>85222042
I bet you actually believe all soldiers shoot to kill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zViyZGmBhvs
>>
>>85220596
Tumblr hated it because it vilified a "coded black" character for wanting to kill her oppressors.
>>
>>85221949
"Brainwashed" might not be the appropriate word, but they are absolutely indoctrinated.
>>
>>85222792
Her own opinions didn't make sense though.

Killing her enemies wasn't just wrong, it was also inefficient.

Poofing and bubbling is as effective at dispatching enemy soldiers, and WAY easier given the target area of a gems body vs the target area of a gem.
>>
I fucking looooove bismuth, such a strong and cool character. She better become a regular to the show.
>>
>>85228510
We'll see Centipeetle again before we see Bismuth.
>>
>>85228219
Plus you can stick a poofed gem in a machine as a battery and it can't reform until removed.
>>
>kill enemy
>now take their place
>now breed race of amazon women for your army
>anytime a rebel cell pops up you send the women there to either kill or fuck the rebel cell until they become passive
>continue breeding program to advance amazons forwards
>make them slut it up 24/7 but only allow them to have children within breeding program
>become giant worm
>get killed by your zombie best friend
>?????
>profit
>>
All the crystal gems would need to do to win the war is deploy Greg.
>>
>>85226716
This. Rose chose to bubble because it always gives you another chance.
>>
>>85230475
Only 2% of gem soldiers will shoot to kill.

100% of Greg will fuck to kill.
>>
>>
>>85226716
No, the gems could have choosen to not do it because it's evil. Everyone has a choice and they already did theirs.

Free will exists.
>>
>>85222042
Actually countries don't really aim to kill each other's soldiers in a war. If you maim an enemy solider they go back home and their country's medicine and other resources have to be used to care for that guy. It's part of the reason why the Geneva Conventions got adopted.
>>
>>85220221
This post is a dead meme.
>>
>>85222571
As peridot has shown, it doesn't take much to convience even the most loyal ones to join up.

As long as the rebeals can securely hold an area, it makes more sense to bubble enemies and slowly change them vs. feeding the Ds propganda fuel by shattering captured enemies.

Put another way, ISIS would be even more dangerous if they put out nothing but propaganda pieces of muslims living good lives, plenty of food, and clean/honest towns, Instead we got the beheading shit which just limits their potential recruits and strengths the resolves of governments.
>>
File: HelpJasper.png (148KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
HelpJasper.png
148KB, 500x281px
>>85222603
Lapis is a bully who deserves it.
>>
>>85231900
This part is bullshit. If maiming soldiers were the objective wars only would be fought with landmines and shit like mustard gas. The objective of the Geneva Conventions is to guarantee humanity, not the survival of the troops.
>>
>>85222301
Its easy to make a gun, but reliability is another thing all together. A paralizing gun would have to:

95%+ stun rate
Ability to work in harsh environments. Something not even all guns do.
Easy to maintain
Can be repaired with relatively little training and extra parts.
Can maximize the users safety.
Can be used a lot without reloading.
Can work against most defensive gear an enemy may be wearing.

Reasons like those above is why guns such as the Ak-47 are so popular in the ME. They can work with unholy amounts of sand in them and simple upkeep. Even tasers in law enforcement settings don't meet all of those requirements as they have limited range and ammo reuse.
>>
>>85220221
This post has live action remake potential.
>>
>>85231718
The difference is that Steven wouldn't kill Kevin
>>
>>85231718
Connie's hatred of Kevin seeped into his mind while they were fused.
>>
>>85232914
Don't bother to reply seriously to a post made by a 12 year old 6 hours ago.
>>
File: lol.gif (186KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
186KB, 128x128px
>>85231803
>Free will exists.
>>
>>85221216
Lotta edgelords online tonight. What's in town luring them? The fact that summer is almost over?
>>
>>85231803
You can't call someone evil for doing something they have no way of knowing is wrong. Even the law acknowledges this.
>>
>>85233185
Like a transfer? Cause Connie seemed way less bothered, her reaction made more sense.
>>
>>85221978
I forget Garnet has future vision. She really didn't see Bismuth possibly attempting to kill Steven? What does Garnet even do anymore?
>>
>>85220386
>Do really all postmodernist leftists really think it's wrong to kill evil?
>Classifying something as evil
>having to rely on that label to justify killing
>>
>>85233383
Maybe she saw that Steven would win.

Future vision is oddly-defined. But from what we see in the episode where Steven uses it, it seems kind of like save states.
>>
>>85222571
>You can't risk some house negro gem running back and telling the diamonds everything about your operation

You kinda have to in order to make it an actual revolution, otherwise you'd just be taking the place of the master.
>>
>>85220221

I have no strong feelings one way or the other to this post
>>
>>85233230
>not being a compatibilist
Even though it's the only thing you could have done, I still think you made a bad choice.
>>
>>85231803
>>85233230
>>85233731
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfBx2C9Gsek
>>
>>85220386

The entire point of the Rebellion was to keep the Earth and by extension humanity safe from the Diamonds as well as give a home to any Gems not wanting to be part of Homeworld

It wasn't about the liberation of Homeworld gems who are more or less happy serving the Diamonds

If the Diamonds had found out the rebels had access to a weapon that could possibly shatter them, then they would have never stopped trying take Earth and wiping out the Crystal Gems
>>
>>85220386
You're retarded
>>
>>85221783
>They can be cracked by someone stepping on them so

Try doing that to a diamond, the point of the weapon is that it can destroy even the strongest gem
>>
>>85234272
>as well as give a home to any Gems not wanting to be part of Homeworld

Did Rose ever take into account that some humans wouldn't take kindly to a race of space rock people occupying their planet as sanctuary
>>
File: image.png (125KB, 242x285px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
125KB, 242x285px
>>85222301
I don't care how old this post is, you're a complete dumbass. The difference is gems literally had to develop technology just to kill gems. Proofing was the default. And what "paralysis technology"? There is nothing that will just incapacitate a human like that without completely fucking over their nervous system. That's not even starting on the billions it would cost to develop while the enemy forces will continue to use the lethal weapons even when you switch to your imaginary non-lethal option.
>>
>>85222037
Its not the writers being pussies, its them being smart. They'd get kicked off the air if they didn't use metaphors. Were the writers of the 2000s CN cartoons pussies for dodging the censors with adult jokes and not outright stating what they were implying?
>>
>>85233230

Spotted the Homeworlder.
>>
Because a weapon like that wouldn't just be used on Homeworld gems

There's a pretty good chance Bismuth wasn't the only gem who disagreed with Rose

How long until they started using it on each other because they disagreed on the purpose of the rebellion?

Or what if they had used it and won?

Killing the Diamonds wouldn't solve any problems it would create entirely new ones.
>>
>>85221924
Fucking this
>>
>>85222414
bismuth was painted as a badguy in SU just as blm are badguys irl

it was hilarious watching tumblr lose their shit about "killing is wrong!" being taught in a fucking children's cartoon

it's like they live on another planet
>>
>>85222603
Yes
>>
>>85220141
Batman, I need you to fuse with the Joker!
>>
>>85224631
>Jasper ends up building an army
>made of nothing but imperfect and flawed gems
She's working with what she's got.
>>
>>85221993
Not just Peridot. Lapiz, the Centipeetle, even Ruby and possibly Sapphire.
>>
>>85220386
When there's a completely viable non-lethal method that's fucking easier than killing?
Yes, killing is stupid in that scenario
>>
Man, you guys can't even agree on the correct answer to a Rules Of War no-brainer.

Guaranteed-stun-with-no-lasting-health-issues bullets turning every casualty into a POW? Instant adoption by every first-world armed force (not to mention law enforcement, criminals turning previously-violent crimes into non-violent ones, etc.).

If these were basically the default/easier/cheaper option, going out of your way to use kill-fuckers bullets would be a war crime, hands-down.
>>
>>85220386
Because it's setting up the series for the huge reveal that Rose shattered Pink Diamond so that it really hits Steven and changes his way of thinking. Don't you Creative Writing MFA?
>>
>>85239135
But muh oppressors deserve to die
>>
>>85238727
A scenario which is completely unlike real life, which some people absolutely refuse to understand because it gets in the way of their rage-laughing at anyone who doesn't like it.
>>
>>85239346
Cry some more
>>
>>85233383
I just assumed that the further out the vision, the harder it is to predict the outcome. She sees probabilities, not absolutes.
>>
>>85220221
This ratingness post has been exaggerated to levels that exceed the notion of over.
>>
>>85220386
be carefull with tha edge kiddo
>>
>>85237570
what a terrible thought
>>
>>85222159
>>85222170
>>85222596
>>85227026
>>85227056
>>85227373
>>85231934
>>85233007
>>85239988
what a long and strange journey this post has gone on.
>>
>>85221993
>Peridot is a prime example of an ally/friend that they wouldn't have if they had shattered enemies.
Also Bismuth herself, apparently, as she was a Homeworld gem, one of "the enemy" (as was Rose herself) before Rose introduced to her the idea of choosing one's own fate
>>
>>85236196
>it was hilarious watching tumblr lose their shit about "killing is wrong!" being taught in a fucking children's cartoon
What happened?
>>
>>85240611
Tumblr flipped their shit because they believed Bismuth was right in wanting to kill the Homeworld oppressors.
>>
>>85240611
You're asking someone who thinks that cartoons are exactly like reality, and thinks it's "hilarious" that people are "stupid" enough to think otherwise. You can probably guess what he thinks happened.
>>
>>85240611
People got mad that a tv show for children told the message that killing people when you don't have to is wrong.
Also something about a black-coded character was a bad guy or something, I don't fucking know
>>
>>85220386
Because if you've seen the show, you know that bubbled is more dead than shattered

If you're shattered you become a zombie who's mindlessly trying to reform

Bismuth wasn't trying to just kill the Homeworld gems, she wanted to torture them in the worst way possible
>>
>>85240751
If you get shattered you're dead. It's only when shards are fused together do you get the fucked up zombies.
>>
>>85240763
You get zombies even out of separate shards, as shown in Secret Team.
>>
>>85220386
The thing I like the most is when they say killing is bad so they end up with a solution way more cruel.
>>
>>85240797
>bubbling
>crueler than being murdered
How, exactly?
>>
>>85240828
I was talking in general, like at the end of spider-verse where they put the totem-vampire in a world where they will starve to death and where the atmosphere is toxic for them.
>>
>>85228608

>Great scattering.
>Humanity is forever beyond the reach of prescience, forever beyond the reach of the hunter/killer machines that you have glimpsed slaughtering those few who remain hiding in their holes.
>Write "Heretics of Dune"
>????
>Profit
>Your son writes more novels.
>????!!!??!!?!?!
>Even more profit.
>>
>>85220221
Hey guys, I just found this new post. I haven't seen anyone talking about it so how would you guys rate it?
>>
>>85231718
Kevin is a rapist. Bismuth Isnt.
>>
>>85240611
The show disagreed with the communist revolution and slaughtering the elite.
And with black panthers too.
>>
>>85241380
>rapist
what?
>>
>>85241540
Kevin forces stevoonie to do something they dont want. They say no but he still free them to do something they dont want.
>>
>>85241540
He was too pushy in asking for a dance. Since dancing = sex to gems he was unintentionally trying to rape Steven.
>>
>>85220386
Woah, man, take it easy, it's just a dumb cartoon.
>>
>>85241664
>>85241692
>slightly too intense flirting is rape now

Oh good lord.
>>
>>85241714

could you literally just not right now? ugh
>>
>>85241714
It's not meant to make sense. He used that word BECAUSE he's offended by people not liking Kevin and wants you to be as offended as he is. He wants to pretend that Kevin's behavior is okay, so he calls it something it isn't in order to ridicule anyone who disapproves of people pressuring others into doing things they clearly aren't comfortable with.

That's the most likely explanation, anyway. There's also a small chance that he saw someone attempting to explain the obvious to him by using a metaphor or analogy of some sort, and he took it as literally as possible so he could be offended instead of understanding what they actually meant.
>>
>>85231718
Here is the interresting thing.

Steven listened to everyone. He listened to Peridot, he listened to Lapis and he actually listened to Kevin.

When kevin told his sad story, Stevonie immediately mellowed down, ready to forgive. in that regard, Steven held him on the same level than peri and Lapis.

And then Kevin went lol, no just trolling.

And then in the end, Steven still decided to go the pacifist way and stop hatting Kevin anyway and tell him it was actually a nice race.
>>
>>85241760
well arent you doing the same? twisting a guy being an asshole into being the same as a rapist? I would imagine he's not offended, just annoyed by the hypersensitivity this is supposed to elicit from viewers, I know that was my takeaway from it.
>>
>>85241800
>well arent you doing the same? twisting a guy being an asshole into being the same as a rapist?
No, that's you telling the same lie twice. Kevin is an asshole because he's an asshole. You're using a false accusation as a strawman to drown this fact out, most likely because you find it offensive.
>>
>>85241810
I already said I didnt find it offensive, my definition of offensive is obviously much different from yours, I'm just annoyed by what's being inferred, I mean, do you actually think my train of thought is

>"how come this guy cant be a total asshole to people? it's just because he's a man ugh this is SO unfair!"

am I near the mark?
>>
>>85241829
>I already said I didnt find it offensive
Right after trying to attack the concept you're allegedly not offended by, and right before admitting to being "annoyed" by it.

>I'm just annoyed by what's being inferred,
What's actually being "inferred" is that you shouldn't try to pressure people into things they don't want to do, especially after they repeatedly say "no". What you choose to hear instead is "being slightly pushy is EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE", a strawman argument which is much easier for you to be self-righteously angry at because of its intentional absurdity.

>am I near the mark?
I doubt you're even trying to be near any "mark".
>>
>>85220386
I'd like to think it was more about not giving into anger and losing sight of what you're fighting for when considering your tactics during a struggle and not just an unthinking liberal "violence is always wrong" moral - the Rebellion was still a war after all even if they never used the Breaking Point

I doubt the show will go there but I think it would be cool if we have some sort of follow-up about the extent to which Steven's objections to using the Breaking Point are just his naivety at never having seen war vs. the strength of his moral compass, like it would be neat if Pearl and Garnet were more conflicted about it than him (you just know Garnet at least has shattered some Gems, if they somehow confirm down the road that Gems were only ever broken by evil, evil Homeworld and some misguided rebels like Bismuth that would be really lame and would suggest we're dealing with stupid CCA-level moral nuance here but I doubt this is the creators' intention, they've always done a pretty good job at reminding us that the Crystal Gems were a rebel army, Rose's choices weren't always things she was proud of even if she had good intentions, etc - it'll probably just not be commented on one way or the other
>>
>>85241882
you're seeing what you want to see
>>
>>85220596
>neo-liberalism is against the use of violence

Someone might need to tell the Middle East that. Liberals don't like violence but neo-liberalism has no problem with bombing your country back to the Stone Age if you step out of line
>>
>>85222697
most gladiators weren't killed in the fight. if they where then the killers master would have to pay fo the gladiator his one just killed.
>>
>>85220386
Its a kids show.

Obviously they are not gonna go "Killing is okay if you feel justified for it". We're not exactly living in the middle east where they constantly yell "KILL PEOPLE, HERE'S THE RULES ALAH SNACKBAR!"
>>
>>85220221
i certify this as "a post"
>>
>>85222697
Except people hardly died in the arenas.

Not only because it would be dumb from a cost and hiring perspective but because people aren't gonna like see Chadus Thundercoximus get killed. Roman arena battles were more like modern wrestling or other combat sports. They had sponsors for various traders, wore sponsored gear and would more act out a battle than really do one.

The lion battles may not even have been real, though if they were it was always a win for the gladiators.
>>
>>85242036
>ALAH SNACKBAR

It tastes like a 911 in my mouth!
>>
>>85221065
>punch gem with spike
>they're stunned from the immense pain
>pull trigger

Just like that, you have a dead gem; of course, you could get your shit slapped while doing all of this but it's a great 1v1 weapon.
>>
>>85242169
9/11 heh more like 7/11
>>
>>85242196
Cherry or Blueberry?
>>
>draw a man, call it a girl
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>85234272
>If the Diamonds had found out the rebels had access to a weapon that could possibly shatter them, then they would have never stopped trying take Earth and wiping out the Crystal Gems
yeah but, shattering gems isn't that hard to begin with. I don't see why it's a big deal except for the showiness of an instakill.
>>
>>85244011
Jasper is already like that. In general, gems don't actually have breasts or any female anatomy. It's all a coincidence and their usage of "she" is also a coincidence.
>>
>>85244011
In gem case gender is more of what they feel rather than their physical form that is really an illusion. Bismuth still acts like a woman so she is a female gender wise.
>>
>>85220141
Kek, tumblr is now saying that it MIGHT BE wrong shatering Gems just because they are usually opressed as well under the Diamonds.

Basically "its ok to kill the perceived opressors as long as you know who they are".

Which also ignores olhe fact that Rose probably, and Steven definetively would also never want to shater the Diamonds.
>>
>>85244873
That implies there are some gems who feel like men and call themselves that. There aren't.

It's not so much choosing gender, they don't have gender.
>>
>>85244919
One thing is that shattering isn't equivalent to death, it's worse. It's more like eternal torture.
>>
>>85237570
>Future's End
>>
>>85245037
which, I guess is the same if you believe you're sending your enemies to hell.

but I don't think tumblr does for the most part.
>>
>>85244873
Gender isn't something you choose. That idea just promotes restrictive gender roles, stereotypes, and double standards.

Gems are monogender, which means they have no concept of gender. The one gender they have uses female pronouns.
>>
>>85244949
They have one mental gender and that is female anon they dont choose their genders just like we humans.
>>
>>85245161
>Gender isn't something you choose. That idea just promotes restrictive gender roles, stereotypes, and double standards.
Well the idea is to separate the sexual organs you're born with (no choice) from the roles/societal expectations society wants you to meet. That is, you can choose which role you take, which is better than being forced.

Human society still expects you to choose one or the other. We aren't understanding of androgenous/asexual people at this time. Your driver's license has to say something -- it's a small step that maybe it can say F even if you have a penis.
>>
>>85245266
>asexual people
Are just people who have no sexual impulses.

There are only two genders in human male or female because humans can only have two types of thought processes

Rational and Direct-Male
Emotional and Irrational-Female

There are no other MENTAL genders beyond this.
>>
>>85245192
They're not born with sexual organs anyway so the whole concept is irrelevant to their race. But they have to use some kind of word to refer to each other so it's she/her.
>>
>>85245266
That's retarded, because it suggests that men and women have assigned gender roles. Even if you separate it from biological sex, you're still treating two groups of people by restrictive and inequal standards.

There is literally no purpose.

Also, asexuality has nothing to do with gender. It's the lack of a sex drive.
>>
>>85245266
>asexual

It has nothing to do with gender.

And it is impossible to be "agender". Shit like demigender, poligender and others are also obvious bulshit too.
>>
>>85245320
Well there are intersex people (mixed genitals) and people who have no sexual desire for some reason.

I'm sure there are a few who would want to say they are "neither". But yes it's rare.

In the future of transhumanism this will start being more important.
>>
File: 1442096875124.gif (52KB, 363x285px) Image search: [Google]
1442096875124.gif
52KB, 363x285px
>>85245266
>Well the idea is to separate the sexual organs you're born with (no choice) from the roles/societal expectations society wants you to meet.

So if you are a girl and like "boy stuff" you are trans.

This is so idiotic and it is hard to imagine that tumblr actually buys this stereotypical bulshit.
>>
>>85245372
>It has nothing to do with gender.
Of course it does, sexual hormones create our concepts of gender. Otherwise we wouldn't care to differentiate our behaviors/roles.
>>
>>85245384
>and people who have no sexual desire for some reason
This has nothing to do with gender.

Just call intersex people intersex. Turning gender into a social identity only promotes unfair treatment.
>>
>>85245409
>So if you are a girl and like "boy stuff" you are trans.
That's a tomboy. Trans would mean you identify as a man in all aspects. Of course you'll probably have to take some hormones to pull it off, but female genitals you will still possess.
>>
>>85245434
Assexual is the lack of sexual desire.

Gender is what you were born or identify as, or whatever. It has nothing to do with your sex drive.
>>
>>85245434
>Of course it does, sexual hormones create our concepts of gender.
No, outwardly visible biological differences created our concept of gender.

Assigning roles to genders just places unnecessary restrictions on people. By separating gender from sex you are just perpetuating these restrictive roles instead of making gender a biological trait that does not define you.
>>
>>85245472
If you have no sexual thoughts you might not want to "identify" as any gender. Sex hormones create gender roles. Masculine and Feminine behaviors.

I don't know what it's like to be that way but apparently there are a few.
>>
>>85245384
In the case of intersex they can choose their gender because its literally impossible to have the male and female psychology at the same time.
>>85245464
Tomboys arent even rational they are girls who focus their emotional minds on more active and physical pursuits.
>>
>>85245464
>That's a tomboy. Trans would mean you identify as a man in all aspects.

Not according to tumblr. They defend that you don't need dysphoria or want to transition to be trans, demiboy/girl basically mean that you are a "trans" that lack dysphoria and like to act and see yourself as the other gender, like it was a costume. There are literally posts there with people telling other to "experiment being trans".
>>
>>85235331
Humans in that world don't seem to care. Even being told that the world almost ended they shrug and go on about their business.
>>
>>85220141
If someone kills then killing them is just karma, the diamonds are way overdue and Steven showing them mercy invites them to kill again

Also bubbling is worse
>>
>>85245507
>If you have no sexual thoughts you might not want to "identify" as any gender

Bulshit that you took out of nowhere.
>>
>>85245507
>If you have no sexual thoughts you might not want to "identify" as any gender.
No, that's retarded. That's like claiming a gay man is a woman.

Asexuality (and sexual orientation in general) has nothing to do with being masculine or feminine.
>>
>>85245507
No your brain format determines your gender anon, boys are still jerks from a young age whlie girls are emotional manipulative sweethearts. This is the case of trannies their body is a boy but their brain format is exactly like that of a woman.
>>
>>85245541
>Also bubbling is worse
How?

We see that a bubble gem's mind is frozen. They feel no time passing while inside, so when they're unbubbled it's like they were just bubbled a second ago.
>>
>>85245541
you can't dish out karma
only the cosmos can do that
>>
>>85245531
>that you are a "trans" that lack dysphoria and like to act and see yourself as the other gender, like it was a costume
It's possible but who would want to go through the stress of the full process unless they "felt like a man trapped in a woman's body", that is, dysphoria. Sounds like kids who don't think things through.

Better to just call crossdressers crossdressers like we used to.

Anyway all of this shit comes from the societal pressure to choose one side or the other. Tumblr should be looking to just dissolve that entirely. Even though it's fucking impossible.
>>
>>85245554
I can't say I agree, where do you think feminine feelings and thoughts come from in a woman? Hormones. Same as sex drive. If your hormones aren't functioning, you won't want to act like a lady typically does.
>>
>>85245633
>Anyway all of this shit comes from the societal pressure to choose one side or the other. Tumblr should be looking to just dissolve that entirely. Even though it's fucking impossible.
The way you do that is by NOT sp;itting gender from biological sex, because that inflated gender to something far more important than it should be.

Don't treat it as an identity. Just treat it as a biological trait. It doesn't define you.
>>
>>85245594
Yes anon bubbling is like sleeping with no dreams, its like BEING DEAD.
>>
>>85245541
I keep seeing people say bubbling is worse but I don't get how
They still have the chance to love in the future and we've had multiple examples confirming that they don't notice the passage of time while poofed
>>
>>85245662
Sexual orientation is not tied to hormones. Gay men can be extremely masculine and gay women can be extremely feminine. Asexuals can also be either.
>>
>>85245687
But you can come back from bubbling. That's why Rose always chose that instead of shattering.
>>
>>85245678
In normal humans gender and sex are the same thing but in trannies its not.
>>
>>85245678
True, but humans always want to put a binary label on how we look and act. It'd be impossible for our society to keep the label confined to a letter on a piece of paper. The best we can do is say "my genitals are this way but I'm the other way".
>>
>>85221949

It's like someone from NK, anon. They don't understand the outside world due to tight borders/info control, so of course they think NK is a paradise.
>>
>>85245706
>Gay men can be extremely masculine and gay women can be extremely feminine.
Right, that doesn't really disprove that those behaviors are hormonally-driven. It's just with gay people it can swing either way. With straight people it's predictable.
>>
>>85245784
>The best we can do is say "my genitals are this way but I'm the other way".
No, the best we can do is not treat male or female as any more defining than hair color or left-handedness.

Splitting sex and gender endorses the idea of male and female gender roles. Otherwise there would be no reason to split them.
>>
File: zap.gif (17KB, 350x270px) Image search: [Google]
zap.gif
17KB, 350x270px
>>85233644
Dan dirty neutrals

I hate these filthy neutrals. With enemies you know where they stand, but with Neutrals, who knows...it sickens me...
>>
>>85246046
>With straight people it's predictable.
Not any more than with gays.

Sexuality has nothing to do with hormones.
>>
>>85220386
>evil
>a thing that exists
>>
>>85220221

This post takes me back
>>
>>85246124
Are you really trying to say that a man acting manly has nothing to do with the testosterone coming out of his balls?

If we didn't have estrogen or testosterone none of this would matter. We'd be gems.
>>
>>85246196
I take that back, not like gems, a truly genderless race wouldn't have Ruby/Sapphire kinda pairing.

Some other actually genderless race from a different show.
>>
>>85245472
Asexual is when an organism can reproduce without a partner.

"Assexual" I assume is a species that reproduces by shitting, or maybe pregnancy with a rectovaginal fistula.

Obviously it was a typo, but my larger point is you can't redefine a word just because you wanna feel special about the fact that no one wants to sleep with you.
>>
>>85246272
>Asexual is when an organism can reproduce without a partner.
Scientifically.

But in common use I think it does mean someone who doesn't think about sex and doesn't want it ever. Admittedly it's gotta be unusual to be born like that.
>>
>the last quarter of this thread

God damnit the mods are never around when you need them.
>>
>>85222571
That's where the show deviates from life, you don't have to kill them. It's just about as easy to destroy their corporeal form and bubble their gem indefinitely. It's not like you have to do anything with the gem's after they're bubbled either.

Hell, there's a chance you could talk to them after you bring them back to your base and try to bring them over to your side

Being able to instantly shatter a gem in the heat of combat would probably be more efficient, but I imagine that if they had a shot at the gem like that it wouldn't be that hard to disperse them regardless. The only real advantage the point break, or whatever you would call it, would have is in a battle where you're using hit and run tactics and can't commit enough time to retrieve gems afterwards.

In the context of the show, being able to shatter gems seems like an insignificant advantage considering most gems take a lot of time to reconstitute. Amethyst being a clear exception to that rule.
>>
>>85220141
batman doesn't "shatter" the joker because if he does, then he's admitting that the Batman, the guardian of gotham, the centerpiece of justice, can't deal with a simple psycho. he's not some huge underground organization, he's just one guy. if batman kills the joker, he loses. he loses because he shows the joker that the batman is too weak to live in a world where the joker exists.
>>
>>85246348
More unusual than tumblr wants people to think, that's for certain.
>>
>>85246196
I'm saying that sexual orientation has nothing to do with hormones.
>>
>>85247135
oh, yes true. however the chromosomes you have are what cause brain chemicals to be different in men and women. the dna is just instructions to make things happen.

I'm not sure why there is a Ruby/Sapphire divide in lesbians (butch vs. lipstick) but I always figured it's something you're born with too. Maybe that's not right.
>>
>>85220596
>neo-liberal
Don't use words you don't understand.
>>
What the fuck is that thing, a rainbow gorilla?
>>
>>85224974
OK greg
>>
File: mustoch uberman.jpg (632KB, 1464x1986px) Image search: [Google]
mustoch uberman.jpg
632KB, 1464x1986px
>>85220386
"Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged alike: it is worthless"-Friedrich Nietzsche
>>
File: 1468730271837.jpg (189KB, 810x300px) Image search: [Google]
1468730271837.jpg
189KB, 810x300px
>>85248492
>>
>>85248492
Why was Nietzsche regarded as profound?
>>
Rose fought to protect the earth, but was unwilling to kill gems

Bismuth fought to free the gems but was willing to kill them.

Neither of them had a coherent ideology.
>>
>>85249036
>but was unwilling to kill gems
Because there was a way to basically take gems out of a fight without killing them anyway?
>>
>>85248373
It's a space gorilla wearing rainbow dreadlocks.
>>
>>85249202
Oh yes, during a fight, stop what your doing, find the gem and take the time to bubble it and send it back. Great idea.
>>
>>85249231
How many times have we literally seen the games take out a gem monster and grab the gem in the same maneuver?
>>
>>85249254
Those were not epic gem battles. Fighting one monster is different than fighting an army.
>>
>>85249287
And most gems take hours or days to reform.
If you win a battle, it's gem hunting time. If you lose well whatever you probably would have lost anyway.
>>
Rose is a dumb fat bitch
>>
>>85249390
Takes one to know one
>>
I don't know why so many people this bismuth was right

she wanted to commit gemoside
>>
>>85246046
So you are saying that straight and gay relationships are not equal?
>>
does everyone in these arguments forget that bismuth said to take the weapon straight to the diamonds and the elites, not all homeworld gems? do you really think the diamonds can change if they're bubbled? a gem is put in stasis when they are bubbled. they have no time to change,learn or grow with it. if they were ever unbubbled they'd just wake up the same, like bismuth did.
>>
>>85249903
No she didn't, you retard.
>>
>>85251362
>bismuth said to take the weapon straight to the diamonds and the elites, not all homeworld gems?
No she didn't though. She talked a lot about the "upper crusts", probably meaning gems like Sapphire or Lapis, and she said she would have taken the war to the Homeworld and shattered the Diamonds, but in no point does she imply she would have limited the use of the Breaking point to only the responsible Diamonds or "upper crusts".

If that's what she meant, she should have explained it to Steven, specifying that she'd only use it against the Diamonds, and not try to murder Steven / Rose the first time he suggests that it's unethical to shatter gems at random - since the impression Steven clearly also got is that she wanted to shatter most Homeworld gems they come across.

However, the feeling that I got was that she would have used it against the Homeworld gems on Earth first. She said "they won't be able to retake this planet when they're reduced to shards", which implies she'd have used it against the soldier gems actually doing the retaking, too.

Whatever her intention, she went wrong the moment she tried to murder her own commander when (s)he refused the new weapon on ethical grounds instead of debating the point or insisting on a permission to go on a stealth assassination mission or whatever
>>
>>85252376
But you're going off just as much conjecture, anon. Bismuth equally could mean either one. Lapis was a reporter for Homeworld, but we have no indication or confirmation as of yet that she was actually a part of the higher court. In fact, I doubt she'd be put directly into a battle if she were. Regardless, you also don't know that that's the impression Steven got completely. If everyone suggested they shatter the diamonds, I bet you he'd be uncomfortable with that as well, so he could have been reacting to either scenario in his head.

The episode was just written poorly. Garnet and Pearl didn't even think to ask about why Bismuth was bubbled and why Rose told them otherwise, Amethyst and Steven commented on it before it was dropped, the entire ending made very little sense for any of the characters...basically, you can't come up with exactly what her intent was.

And, let's be honest: if a race is killing all organic life and destroying entire planets for resources, as well as the fact that trying the nicer option does nothing to free any of said planets or liberate the gems on homeworld (come on, do you think she'd want to kill other bismuths, rubies, pearls?), then it's not an irrational decision and it makes no sense to obsess over the ethics of "why kill when you can bubble" when no one did that to any of the actual authority on homeworld. At the least, they only made Homeworld more desperate and worse than before, especially for resources.

I agree that she was a fucking idiot to try and fight her leader instead of talk to her, but I get the feeling she already had resentment toward Rose, since she said "lie(s)" as in plural. She probably was building it up in her head for some time that she'd be a better leader. My point is more that she should have been bubbled because of how she took the disagreement, not because of her ideology toward Homeworld initially. tldr the ep was retarded.
>>
>>85252603
>Bismuth equally could mean either one.
Then, again, she should have specified what she meant and tried to persuade Steven or Rose to let her go on a special shatter-only-the-diamonds mission. Instead she tried to murder her own commander, the leader of the rebellion.

That's really all there is to it. It doesn't matter what she meant or what the fancy ideology is. Bismuth is a hothead traitor who violently turned on her own commander/leader/liberator because she/he didn't instantly agree to using an unethically brutal weapon.

She wanted to shatter the gems who disagree with her even a little bit, even if those gems are her allies. It essentially makes her act PRECISELY like the Diamonds.

> My point is more that she should have been bubbled because of how she took the disagreement
And that is precisely why she was bubbled. Steven tried to talk it out peacefully several times. It's only after she literally tried to first crush and then shatter Steven and poofed herself by running into his sword that Steven recognised that she's a huge fucking threat and bubbled her.

Having differing opinions didn't get her bubbled, the double murder attempt did.
>>
>>85252885
This post makes sense until you say it makes her exactly like the Diamonds. This is just a total false moral equivalency: trying to take down a leader that you feel is preventing other gems from liberation might be fucked up, but that doesn't make her want to shatter or kill all gems that disagree with her or step out of line, nor does it make her enslave gems or set up despotic institutions and fucked up rules for gems to adhere to lest they risk death or severe punishment.
>>
>>85221914

bismuth said
>i didnt want to have to fight you but you gave me no choice'

in regards to her fight with Rose. now you could argue that Rose attacked bismuth first forcing bismuth to fight back, but considering the situation and thei mplicaiton when someone says that it generally means bismuth attacked rose.
>>
>>85220386
Because all gems have the potential to rejects the diamonds and join the crystal gems. No one would join if the crystal gems started shattering gems.
>>
>>85220221
i maek poost
>>
>>85222147
You can't discuss it because you don't even know what it is.
>>
>>85252885
you're falling for a type of elementary morality that people are supposed to grow out of once they understand nuance. yes, bismuth should have been bubbled if she wanted to attack her leader in order to gain leadership of the gems, since no gem would have went along with her most likely anyway.

but no she is nothing like the diamonds. she's not hollowing out planets, destroying all life, making slaves out of people, or doing anything like that.

also an unnecessarily cruel weapon...do you think any of the races of organic life that the gems actually destroyed would feel that way? what if humans knew about the cluster and the cluster couldn't have been retardedly talked down since this is a children's show? in the end in real life there is no "bubble" scenario for a lot of moral dilemmas, which is why this is a kid's show. the morality fits the situation because the situation is impossibly simplistic. but once people start trying to make comparisons to real life it gets nonsensical.

humans would not think that weapon is unnecessarily cruel if they knew what yellow diamond was trying to do to their planet. it's a matter of how you look at it, and the easy way is to look at it as how steven/rose presents it.
>>
>>85253598
Not sure if "as bad as the diamonds" is true, but when you are in a slave revolt, executing other slaves sent to kill you is wrong.
>>
>>85220221
So I heard they're redoing this post, but with an all female cast. I'm pretty excited about it.
>>
>>85220386
Oh yeah it's real postmodern leftist notion to consider Robespierre a questionable person. Nobody has ever done that before the feminazis of the 2010s turned up.
>>
>>85220386
But they have to free the Jaffa, Teal'c
>>
File: 1440737251143.jpg (37KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1440737251143.jpg
37KB, 429x410px
>>85220386
Postmodernist leftists were the ones mad about the episode actually.
>>
>>85222603
Or Peridot.
>>
>>85220221

I don't understand this post
>>
>>85246902
>joker
>simple psycho
>>
>>85222237
Yeah, Indoctrination.
Do the higher ups of North Korea know that they're country is a shithole? Of course they do. They're well aware their country is a dictatorship and not the paradise the propaganda for commoners makes it out to be.

That doesn't mean they're in any hurry to defect to the enemy or leave their privileged post.
>>
>>85220386
I don't know man, I get killing when there is no other options like with humans, we are really fragile and easy to kill on wars so it's pretty normal for that to happen, but in this situation there is a lot of ways to neutralize a gem without having to shatter them.
It's not going to be as effective as actually killing them but they are supposed to be the good guys for a fucking reason man.
>>
>Why didn't Rose just let Bismuth shatter the Diamonds?

I don't know what would happen if you killed the Emperor of mankind?
>>
>>85231718
>Comparing hating someone with killing them
Man, why are tumblrites so damn retarded?
>>
This ep pretty much showed Rose to be a hypocrite and more like the Diamonds than some peacemaker. She constantly pushed for growth, free choices and individuality but when one of her own questioned her pacifists ways she punished them with imprisonment and erasure, she made Bismuth an un-person and made sure no would ever know about her existence or weapons, ect. She straight out suppressed dissent.

Rose. Diamonds.
Two sides of the same coin, the difference being one valuing life.
>>
>>85257551
>when one of her own questioned her pacifists ways
You mean "physically attacked her for not agreeing to do as suggested"
which is treason, since she was the commander
>>
>>85245161
This would be true if gems like Pearl and Rose weren't clearly coded as females and feminine roles and Rose didn't goddamn give birth. Gems like Peridot are genderless, but the Crystal Gems pick up human gender after a certain time obviously.
>>
>>85253598
>bismuth should have been bubbled if she wanted to attack her leader
>in order to gain leadership of the gems
What? Nah, there's no specific reasons for attacking your leader that counts as treason - Bismuth fought Rose with serious intent apparently just because Rose, in the position of commander, refused to do as she wanted.

Again, your philosophizing means nothing. Bismuth should have attempted to reason with Rose and persuade her into allowing the use of the weapon in some specific instances if she was so desperate to use it.

Attacking your commander, the entire leader of the rebellion, just because they don't let you do as you please is intolerable. How do you keep refusing to acknowledge that?
>>
>>85245372
>And it is impossible to be "agender".
You can be. Truly aliens can be, like do you consider the corrupted gems to be any gender?
But the earth gems are too socialized in earth culture to be agender.
>>
>>85245574
>No your brain format
Woah there slow down Point Dexter.
>>
>>85252987
>but that doesn't make her want to shatter or kill all gems that disagree with her or step out of line
That's pretty much how she acted when we saw her though. She's all smiles as long as everyone is showering her with praise or reminiscing about the past, but the first moment someone strongly disagrees with her views it's murder time. Also she had a major chip on her shoulder towards all and every "upper crust" gem
>>
>>85245678
Being an "Emotional sweetheart" or "Rational jerk" is not a "Biological trait" you doofus. Christ, I feel like I'm getting a lesson on Gender and sociology from Chris Chan.
>>
>>85257861
rose is not just anyone though. you can't base how she'd act with pearl or garnet off how she acted wth rose. both times, since she went ballistic thinking steven was just hiding as rose and it was another one of her tricks or lies. she doesn't know what a kid/son is.

>>85257764
not that anon but they have acknowledged it and even said bubbling her for that reason was fine. they're just saying the ideology is also debatably fine and shouldn't have been treated as out of control as it was. and why not? literally every group and every country, military and government has a right to try and stage a coup or take out dangerous leadership if they believe it's going to get them all killed. name one country in the world or one effective rebellion in the world that would never ever ever do that.
>>
>>85254394
They were mad for a different reason

They were mad that Bismuth (who's black according to head canon) was aggressive
>>
This episode mad me drop steven universe

Up to this point the show was tolerable and i would watch it if i had nothing to do but this just nailed the coffin
>>
File: tipping.jpg (25KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
tipping.jpg
25KB, 470x470px
>>85246129
Take your moral relativism and hit the bricks.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.