[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How has she managed to go from being my favourite gem at the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: Jfek.png (48KB, 270x371px) Image search: [Google]
Jfek.png
48KB, 270x371px
How has she managed to go from being my favourite gem at the beginning of the series, to currently dead last?

Behind characters that have never even had dialogue.
>>
She had some character development, that's it. Too bad you don't like that.
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 233x242px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 233x242px
>>85218530
But how can you hate a gem that can do this?
>>
that's a good question.
Why would she even be one of your favorite characters in the first place?

She's always been extremely flat except for situations where drama is applicable.
I like it, Amethyst is becoming less of a background character.
>>
>>85218650
I fell for the thicc meme. Unfortunately in three seasons, It's never even been mentioned ONCE.
>>
>>85218729
well, it's not like she's lost weight.
>>
>>85218530
>Amethyst goes from a pile of trash to someone who actually actively tries to become better
>anon sees this as an affront to his own underachieving lifestyle and drops Amethyst as his waifu
Sounds about right.
>>
File: 6c8.jpg (226KB, 1280x855px) Image search: [Google]
6c8.jpg
226KB, 1280x855px
How has she managed to go from being my dead least favourite gem at the beginning of the series, to my current favorite?
>>
>>85218933
Why make the character a fatass and never even acknowledge it? Give me fucking something.
>>
File: ame trash.png (407KB, 882x1298px) Image search: [Google]
ame trash.png
407KB, 882x1298px
>>85218650
Not OP, but I liked Amethyst best at the start of the series because she actually had a fun personality. Pearl was an uptight bitch and Garnet was a flat cool guy, but Amethyst was the most human. She even ate food and slept just for kicks.

But it seemed like as time went on Pearl and Garnet got more and more awesome while Amethyst became the team fuck-up "boo hoo feel bad for me" character.

It's nice to see her want to improve herself, but it was painful watching Jasper kick the shit out of her and then Stevonnie show her up.
>>
>>85219065
Yep. I hated her at the start because she was annoying and in the way. But now that everyone is developing but Amethyst, and she's noticing, and TRYING to be better, I like her.

Now my only issue is Pearl being bi-polar between episodes.
>>
>>85218530
>How has she managed to go from being my favourite gem at the beginning of the series, to currently dead last?
Crippling self-doubt and feelings of worthlessness hit too close to home?
>>
>>85219129
This p much tbqh fammo
>>
>>85218530
She's always been worst gem. She literally looks like a pig in a wig.
>>
>>85219224
Kinda reminds me of those freaks from the Twilight Zone.
>>
>>85219038
I'm guessing its more of that "love and tolerance" BS Rebecca loves to push like she did with Stevonnie
>>
File: image.jpg (207KB, 1280x1886px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207KB, 1280x1886px
>>85218530
She's still best gem, anon.
>>
>>85219287
My dick has been tolerating it for three seasons, and it's running out of patience.
>>
>>85219038
She's supposed to be a lazy underachiever who eats junkfood and never trains. A character's design should fit their personality; that's why she's fat.
>>
>>85218530
Only Raven and Paul know how to write for Amethyst anymore. No one else can make her organically funny -- that's why she's just an emo kid so often these days.
>>
File: 1469667754881.png (238KB, 513x403px) Image search: [Google]
1469667754881.png
238KB, 513x403px
Amy master race beginning to end
>>
>>85219416
But it's impossible for the gems to gain or lose weight. So her being a fat slob that eats constantly is absolutely meaningless.

Now if she had been gradually gaining weight over the course of the show, then we'd be talking.
>>
You relate too much to the snarky exterior hiding an interior that is completely and utterly broken.
>>
>>85219463
But why is it possible for them to get baby bumps when pregnant then?

Also try telling that shit to tumblr
>>
>>85219561
Because they only get pregnant when they bone humans, and only then if they've shapeshifted a human reproductive system. The part of her that's growing wasn't her, it was Steven. Half of him, at any rate.
>>
>>85219463
I'm not saying that she's gaining weight, I'm giving you a reason for why she's fat. It's a meta reason, but it's the same reason that pearl is slender and Garnet wears sunglasses. It fits their personality design.
>>
>>85219272
>freaks
Who? Those completely normal looking people in your pic?
>>
File: ms-tyler-post-bandage1b.jpg (103KB, 792x598px) Image search: [Google]
ms-tyler-post-bandage1b.jpg
103KB, 792x598px
>>85219881
Sorry, wrong pic.
>>
>>85219881
Eye of the beholder bub
>>
>>85219038
She's just bear mode anon, like Rose and Jasper. All quartzes are, even Steven.
>>
>>85219038
She's not fat. Just take a normal quartz and make them shorter, they get stubby and stocky. That's Amethyst.
>>
>>85219013
screen time
>>
>>85219038
Why the hell would they mention anything about her weight?
>>
>>85219129
She's still not developing as a character though. I mean, yeah she wants to get stronger, but her actual character flaws still go undressed.
>>
>>85220584
In the newest episode she talks about how often times she lashes out at people but also takes it out on herself which leads to her feelings of self-doubt

Not newest episode but Steven Vs. Amethyst
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.