[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Things that genuinely bothered you as a /co/mrade about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 503
Thread images: 40

File: SS-14438-7691c.jpg (146KB, 1021x638px) Image search: [Google]
SS-14438-7691c.jpg
146KB, 1021x638px
ITT: Things that genuinely bothered you as a /co/mrade about this movie.

Joker actually loves Harley back in a romantic fashion in this movie. Still a fucked up version of love, but not the usual 'favorite gun or pet' that you see in comics. Actual, full blown, kissy kissy goo goo I lurv you romance.

Waller putting herself in a position where Batman has power over her and she's there WILLINGLY. I mean, she might have some backup plan ready for a double cross, but at the moment it seems like she was straight up without options and crawling in front of the Bat.

I think those two are some of the biggest offenders as far as comic status quo go, what else bothered you as a pulp fan?
>>
>>85217864

I really felt some of the scenes were pointless or near pointless. For instance, when Harley breaks into the shop window and starts stealing shit. The trailer leads you to believe it's part of a larger scene, but that's about 80% of the scene in the movie. Why set up an entire scene just to tell a half-assed joke? That's not even the only time that happened in the movie

Another thing I hated was Killer Croc's entire character. I don't think he had a single line of dialog that wasn't a joke, and all his jokes were 100% unfunny. Also his voice sounded like shit, like it was way too loud compared to everyone else.

Also everything involving the enchantress's world destruction plot. She wanted to build a machine because humans worship machines? But then at the end she says "my spell is complete" like two different people were writing the script and one wanted her to be doing a big spell and the other wanted it to be a big machine, but they never communicated with each other.

And jesus, the goddamn final battle took place in the middle of a thick fog? Are you fucking kidding me? Did they tell Ayer he wasn't allowed to use shaky cam, so he decided to find another way to make the action as obscure as possible?
>>
>>85217864
>I haven't read comics
Great thread OP
>>
>>85218239
Here's a (You)
>>
File: boomer.jpg (182KB, 736x1117px) Image search: [Google]
boomer.jpg
182KB, 736x1117px
>>85218239
Did they at least do Digger justice?
>>
>>85217864

She looks okay in live action but in still images like this, she looks so old.
>>
>>85217864
The main thing that bothers me about it is how you fucks keep making threads about it and refuse to go back to your stupid fucking live-action board.
>>
>>85218288
He's basically a non-entity. A victim of editing.
>>
>>85218346
Katana got it worse. Have empty box instead of Katana and nothing will change.
>>
>>85218288
He throws only two boomerangs and is a dirtier more clownish version of his usual jackass self
>>
>>85218409
>implying his /int/ personality isn't the best thing in comics.
don't know about the movie tho. Won't see it.
>>
>>85218228

I actually thought the final battle in the dust was pretty cool, everyone was shrouded but you could still make out the glow of Enchantress' eyes.
>>
Everytime the camera moved to Harley Quinn I just wanted it to move back. She wasn't in the comics and feels arbitrary and forced, just like how Captain Marvel would've been in Avengers 2.
>>
>>85218228
>Killer Croc's entire character
well they nailed it if everything with him was like that.
>>
>>85218388
You got that right. Literally shows up out of nowhere and does nothing.
>>
File: RCO038_1469595968.jpg (2MB, 1755x1795px) Image search: [Google]
RCO038_1469595968.jpg
2MB, 1755x1795px
>>85218239
Fuck you
>>
>Why did Katana join them in the bar?
>Why even pick Harley Quinn for Task Force X in the first place? She's just a chick.
>They never actually stated their mission. There's a throwaway line about "Retrieving the HTC" or whatever, but they never actually tell us what the fuck that means until they get there
>Why was Waller even in the city in the first place? She only stayed so that the Suicide Squad could come into the city and save her
>They really never took the wads of hundreds out of Boomerang's coat? And going off of that, they keep showing the stupid pink unicorn, but it never pays off. I figured when he got stabbed, that he was saved by the unicorn. But nope.
>Why was only one part of the subway flooded. How did it even flood in the first place? And wouldn't the tunnel the rest of them went into be flooded too?
>El Diablo burns Incubus from the inside with the literal fires of hell and he's fine, but a small bomb going off below him through two feet of concrete fucking obliterates him?
>The Joker was normal in Harley's fantasy. It's not even funny how much they fucked up her character
>The guard from the beginning hands Harley a bright purple, reflective phone in front of dozens of soldiers and other guards, and announces that he's working for "Joker"
>Whoever the hell approved anything Jared Leto did needs to be shot, and then fired
>>
>>85218580
but he was a nigger
>>
>>85218670
>>They really never took the wads of hundreds out of Boomerang's coat? And going off of that, they keep showing the stupid pink unicorn, but it never pays off. I figured when he got stabbed, that he was saved by the unicorn. But nope.

holy shit what the goddamn fuck were they thinking. and he didn't even get a pink unicorn dream or anything at the end when Enchantress is making them hallucinate.
>>
>>85218670
>She's just a chick.

I hated that, Harley has low tier super powers. She was enchanced by both the chemicals and Ivy. But they always forget about that.
>>
>>85218684
not everything then.
>>
>>85218742
>low tier super powers

you mean zero
>>
>People actually clapped when Harley was getting dressed
We need to bring back selective genocides.

>>85218741
I was waiting for Boomerang's fantasy. It would have been a good spot for a punchline. But, again, they just gave up.
>>
>>85218742
>But they always forget about that.
>always

Bitch that just happened like 5 years ago, let's not pretend 'SHE ALWAYS BEEN STRONG".
>>
>People would willingly go to an establishment owned by the Joker where you can die for no reason any time
>>
>>85218553
She's been in the Suicide Squad for like 5 years in the comics though, and Ayer said he looked to those for some inspiration, along with the classic comics
>>
>joker loving Harley
I think they're going to reveal his abuse later. He left her to drown, remember?

Also mine:
- Joker's teeth. Teeth alone ruined him for me
- Waller being badass the whole movie but surviving being caught by luck/plot armor rather than by her own power
- Diablo ex machina
- Croc getting too little attention
- Katana shoved in, given no depth
- black guy and diablo die AND NO ONE CARES
- boring zombie rock enemies
- how disorganized the movie was after the backstory scenes
- weak B movie dialogue in a lot of places

Everything else was actually alright to me. Worth seeing
>>
>>85218228

I felt like it was pretty clear that there was a LOT of editing that went on after David Ayer made his original cut. A lot of scenes feel shortened and the characters at times seem to jump around.

One thing about Enchantress that I didn't get was why was she belly dancing the whole time after her transformation into her "goddess" form. Like she's talking to Waller or the Squad and she's just grooving literally the inter time. It kind of cut the tension from those scenes, imo. Funny as shit tho.

Also, Harley was hotter than I thought she'd be.
>>
>>85218789
The best part of that was how painfully awkward it was. Common clearly wasn't into it, and Leto was clearly trying to get off on this forced (sigh) cuck fantasy. And then he just shoots him for no reason. If he was at least going for her, then it would have almost made some kind of sense
>>
>>85218799
And nearly 100% of the recent Squad comics are bad. Seeley's was standard, Glass' terrible, and Kindt's boring.
>>
>>85218824
Not to mention her terrible lip-syncing.
>>
>>85218824

>that spoiler

weird af but she was supposed to be an interdimensional ancient being so I just rolled with it
>>
>>85218670
The pink unicorn thing was just a joke because in his character intro, in the bottom right of the screen, it says "Fetishes: Pink Unicorns"

So when he takes the toy and keeps it, it's supposed to be a joke because "haha, that's his fetish!"

Basically, anybody who couldn't be bothered to read missed out on the joke.

It only shows up one more time when it falls out his pocket during a fight scene, where he goes to pick it up, showing that his priorities are obscured for his fetish toy thingy.

It was a meh joke, but it wasn't supposed to be anything else.

This dream idea though >>85218741 was a great idea and I wish they did that.
>>
>>85218622
>that there's so much paid shilling going on to try and distract from the fact that this film was a rousing success.
Said the paid shill.
>>
>>85218914
I read it.
Didn't make it funny.
>>
>>85218622
Stop trolling with this bullshit. It's getting old. Transformers is a success. That doesn't mean every Transformer fan likes the movies or don't see flaws in it.
>>
>>85218914
>The pink unicorn thing was just a joke because in his character intro, in the bottom right of the screen, it says "Fetishes: Pink Unicorns"
>So when he takes the toy and keeps it, it's supposed to be a joke because "haha, that's his fetish!"
>Basically, anybody who couldn't be bothered to read missed out on the joke.

Literally everyone who saw the movie got that. The thing is though, in a movie, when you focus on some seemingly meaningless object, it's supposed to be because it matters. Ever heard of Chekhov's gun? How pissed off would you be if it turned out the tank keychain in Ant-Man was just a keychain all along?
>>
>>85218803
Except the movie ends with them embracing and kissing after he breaks her free. Still makes me wonder if there will be a Suicide Squad 2 without Joker/Harley.
>>
Boomerang only throwing two boomerang's in the whole thing triggered me more than anything else. As did him coming back when he ran away for no reason.
>>
>>85218670
>The Joker was normal in Harley's fantasy.
Wait, you mean he wasn't in costume and make-up? When I heard about the dream scene I assumed they were in full costume.
>>
>>85217864
I agree with the Waller thing. She doesn't go to anyone for protection.
>>
>>85218803

It was for self preservation, He knows that Bats would get both of them but if he leaves Harley, Bats will save her and he can flee to break her free afterwards. He was actively trying to find her after the crash
>>
>Boomerang throws a what I can only assume is a "surveillance boomerang"
>He's framed in the bottom corner of the screen, so unless you were looking, you'd probably miss it
>He looks on his SAMSUNG phone, and magically slows it down and turns it, just by sliding his fingers across the screen.
>>
>>85219057

Harley's dream is both of them with their skin unbleached raising two kids in a Leave it to Beaver-style home. You only see Joker from the back but his hair is black instead of green.
>>
>>85218581
Comicfag in me is pleased because she belongs on muh Outsiders.
Why was she on Skwad, anyway? What waste of character and slot. We could get someone else killed because, you know, SUICIDE and all.
>>
>>85219057
Naw he is normal. It's honestly creepier then if he was in costume. Seeing Joker as a suburban businessman is unnerving
>>
>>85218766
Muh little enhanced strength and immunity to toxins or somesuch.
>>
>>85218803
>I think they're going to reveal his abuse later.
I doubt it. the Harley/Joker relationship is proving to be extremely popular, so it'd be a bad move marketing wise to remove or desecrate it. But I don't think anyone's ever accused WB of being smart, so eh.
>>
>>85219057
Nope. He was full on, regular Jared Leto. You get a full second of his face.

>>85219076
>"Consider yourself under my protection"
How the fuck is Bats going to protect her? And who was Waller even afraid of in the first place?
>>
I hate the mutual love between Joker and Harley. Theyre slowly catering the shipperfags and soon Harley will no longer be a cautionary example. But then again Harley hasnt been herself in some time
>>
>>85219167
>And who was Waller even afraid of in the first place?

probably those military general pentagon guys, who were already skeptical of her plan, finding out that the entire thing was caused by her losing control of Enchantress.
>>
Ive finally met a person who NEVER heard of anything about Harley and they loved the movie. I wonder if that's cause they have nothing to compare her to. I forget there are people out there that have zero interest in cartoons and comics. ..weird.
>>
>>85219195
They actually removed all the scenes that show that the relationship is actually abusive.
>>
>>85219167
>How the fuck is Bats going to protect her?
Money, probably. Though again I doubt Bruce has as many connections as she does.
>>
>>85219195
They literally sells shirts and bracelets and shit glorifying their relationship. I swear to god, "Relationship Goals", shit.
>>
>>85219114
>>85219127
Bleh. I think it's far more in line with Harley, at least the iterations I'm familiar with, to dream of them as completely in make-up (and maybe costume) living a sort of bizarre not-quite-normal suburban life.

Them being totally normal doesn't seem right for Harley.
>>
File: 3.jpg (29KB, 314x263px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
29KB, 314x263px
Alright, I'll give my points. Besides the editing issues that normally I never notice but here were fucking obvious

-There are something like 8 pop songs in a row in the first hour. Like what the actual fuck? The only one that felt fitting was Eminem. Seriously, playing Fortunate Son for Killer Croc? Really?

-Boomerang was the one I was looking forward to the most. He had the right personality and mindset but had no screentime. The scene where he runs out of the bar when he says they're free was perfect but he comes back because they real nakamas now and shit. Also he only threw ONLY TWO FUCKING BOOMERANGS! WHAT THE FUCK?

-It's funny how I thought Leto would be the worst part of the movie but if he had any crime it was being portrayed as too low-key for the Joker. He didn't do anything notably crazy. The worst was his weird cucking thing. It's pretty damn obvious his scenes got cut too

-And on that same subject, Harley wasn't even that bad but she was so unimportant to anything, you could take her and Joker out and nothing changes

-Katana is a non-factor. Like she is a tree with a sword. We don't even get to see her do any soul stealing, come on man

-My biggest trigger was Enchantress as the last boss. Everything about her was a damn joke. She doesn't make any machine at all, just some lightning that destroys things (and for some reason doesn't use it on the Skwad), she goes back into her dirty form for some reason for an impossible to see sword fight, doesn't use any of her powers until she decides "Oh wait I can take all your weaoibs, boop, no weapons" and spends the entire movie just monologuing. It really sucks because before she went into full god mode, she was pretty great.

Also not seeing the entire Skwad's fantasy sucked balls. Like it was pretty obvious the film had character priorities.
>>
>>85219026
He came back because he is Boomerang.
>>
>>85219254
>totally normal

it wasn't normal, it was super exaggerated 50s sitcom "normal"
>>
>>85219211
Yeah because god forbid the Joker be a bad guy, let alone do something horrible to a woman. I swear to god this cancer is just the beginning. Way to ruin a character dynamic WB
>>
>>85219114
>You only see Joker from the back
Actually you do see his face. It's the only reason I was sure it was Leto.
>>
>>85218288
No, they deleted the more racist and sexist scenes and now you're gonna have to buy the blu ray to see them
>Pink Unicorn fetish
>Doesn't actually go anywhere with this joke
>>
>>85219318
you see like 1/8th of his face for half a second; 99% of that scene is the back of his head
>>
File: KiZq3zv.jpg (73KB, 750x847px) Image search: [Google]
KiZq3zv.jpg
73KB, 750x847px
Actual line in the movie.
>>
>>85219098
I feel like that was supposed to be a reference to the thing you can do in the Arkham games with the RC Batarang but forgot that time slowing down in video game makes sense and treating it like a camera in real life doesn't.

>>85219211
Good on you WB
>>
File: Dreaming.png (40KB, 336x329px) Image search: [Google]
Dreaming.png
40KB, 336x329px
>You don't have the balls
That doesn't sound like something a 6000 year old witch would say
>>
>>85219345
I love this fucking dude.
>>
>>85219345
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
>>
Anyone else feel that the dinner scene introducing the squad dragged on way too fucking long? It felt really clunky as though they couldnt think of a good way to explain these characters and wanted to get the plot over with. Wouldnt it be better to, I dont know, show everyone getting caught first, THEN have Waller pitch the idea for Task Force X? The flashback shit got old. Also at least try and make it seem like Slipknot survives more than 30secs for christ sake
>>
>>85219351
My audience laughed way too loudly at that.
>>
>>85219351

didn't she just learn English after getting her heart back or something?
>>
>>85219195
>>85219211

Whoever made those edits was a genius with their fingers on the pulse of modern movie-goers. Certainly not a fan of the source material, but a genius none the less.
>>
>>85218228
>when Harley breaks into the shop window and starts stealing shit. The trailer leads you to believe it's part of a larger scene
wat? i thought it was pretty clear it would be a one off joke. what larger scene could center around Harley stealing a purse from a shop window in a warzone?
>>
>>85219328
I swear that joke was going to pay off when he got stabbed. But instead it was a stack of cash? Where the fuck did he grab that?
>>
>>85219413
The entire scene is literally copy/pasted from the trailer. Watch that one part, and you've seen the complete scene.
>>
>>85219391
Yeah, I wish they marketed and developed Slipknot as an actual member. I know they probably didn't want to waste time on him, but the shock factor was non-existant, and he was the only real death in the movie.
>>
>>85219243

You know what? That's fucking creepy.
>>
>"You do that white people thing"
WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN
>>
>>85219413
>what larger scene could center around Harley stealing a purse from a shop window in a warzone?

You're looking at this completely backwards m8. The scene shouldn't have centered on that joke at all. It would make sense if there was a larger, plot-forwarding scene there that involved them walking through town, with maybe some dialog or something, and then at the end of the scene she breaks the glass. Instead,we got a 20-second long scene that ONLY exists so we can see her break the glass. You don't make an entire new scene just to do a quick joke like that. It contributed to the disjointed feel of the whole movie.
>>
>>85219345
What is this from? The expressions on their faces are too perfect.
>>
>>85219444
Might have been in his coat from when Flash grabbed him, or a cut scene since this movie was clearly on the block.
>>
>>85219475

pretty obvious m8, even if his daughter fails out of college she gets a degree anyway
>>
>>85219475
Where you ignore their transgressions and reward them anyway.
>>
>>85219539
That sounds more like a black people thing.
>>
>>85219539
>>85219533
That's too smart for their audience. I swear people only laughed because a black guy said White People.
>>
>>85219573

well I was in the audience and I got it
>>
>>85219518
Yeah but they would have confiscated that when arrested, not leave with his other belongings. I really think that was from a cut scene similar to Harley stealing that purse
>>
>>85218766

Ivy gave her a serum that made her toxin immune and enhanced her physical abilities.
>>
I didn't like the modernization of any of the characters. It felt like one giant hot topic commercial. I hated the Joker/Harlee romance, I hated softy deadshot, I hated that everyone else was there for looks, and I didn't like the dirty homeless woman enchantress.

The script wasn't terrible. The plot wasn't bad. But what ruined it for me was the "lel so edgy" mid 2000s feel of the entire thing. Who thought that was a good idea?
>>
>>85219591
Congratulations. You're smarted than the average moviegoer.
>>
>>85218850

Using reboot Suicide Squad makes the whole thing more understandable.

The movie group is nothing like preboot Suicide Squad.

New Suicide gave us Punisher-Deadshot, who's just a guy who wanted revenge on criminals for murdering his family as a kid.

Which I kind of hate.
>>
File: fuggin.......jpg (8KB, 232x260px) Image search: [Google]
fuggin.......jpg
8KB, 232x260px
>>85219641
>The script wasn't terrible
>>
>>85219641
>I hated softy deadshot
Deadshot has always been a softy in a strange way. Like that ongoing subplot in the original suicide squad comics about how he doesn't actually want to kill Batman for some reason.

But on the other hand him not killing Harley to be with his daughter seemed out of character.
>>
>>85219167

>Bruce

>compromising with a monster over a situation she herself made
>>
>>85219677

Reboot Deadshot is a softy. Old Deadshot is not.
>>
File: Suicide Squad.jpg (224KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide Squad.jpg
224KB, 960x1440px
I honestly felt that this was a better Suicide Squad movie.
>>
>>85219694
Despite BvS Batman being great, Suicide Squad Batman was terrible. Though the scene with him chasing Harley and Joker was pretty good.
>>
Wasn't this pretty much the first JLD story arc with a Suicide Squad substitution?
>>
>>85219666
He stole that origin from Deadshot Will. He's rich kid who killed his brother.
>>
>>85218553

>she wasn't in the comics

Confirmed for not reading 4 years worth of Suicide Squad comics.
>>
>>85219729
Are you counting his Secret Six appearances as reboot? Because he had quite a few scenes in that where he's a softy toward his kid or others.
>>
>>85219694

Remember, they want a REAL Batman who makes REAL LIFE choices.

In real life, sometimes you have to compromise with bad people.
>>
>>85218848
you didnt understand the cuck thing was all a set up? A joke about how Common's character called Harley a bitch? Like Joker did the whole thing ironically. You fucking idiot.
>>
>>85219677
>Deadshot has always been a softy in a strange way
Deadshot in the comics would have absolutely shot that guy in the prison ward first chance he got.
>>
>>85219776
Plus he needed her.
To get the information that he already had
>>
>>85219491
But you're wrong. The scene was to show Deadshot being Dadshot and looking in the window to the child clothing. Harley breaks the glass, which has him look over, and then see the kid's clothes.

It's like you cucks didn't watch the movie.
>>
>>85219788
>you didnt understand the cuck thing was all a set up?

that's obvious but what was the right choice there? If he fucked Joker's girl right in front of him would he be allowed to live?
>>
>>85219765

Oh no, he loves his daughter.

But they also don't soften him with it. At no point does his time with his kid ever diminish the bad things he does. His daughter isn't an excuse, he could do well at other things than killing, he just doesn't WANT to.

He ENJOYS what he does.
>>
>>85219733
>I honestly felt that this was a better Suicide Squad movie.
I think everybody does.

Fuck WB man, you have the outline for your movie right there and you blow it
>>
>>85219760
4 years of shit doesn't make it okay.
>>
>>85219829
thats the whole point, Common had already fucked up by just eyeing Harley at all. He was going to die regardless.
>>
>>85219804
And then died? Doesn't seem very smart.
>>
>>85219804

He also would have shot Harley for escaping.
>>
File: 1454994415039.png (240KB, 432x429px) Image search: [Google]
1454994415039.png
240KB, 432x429px
>>85217864
>Enchantress dual-wielding swords
>just kicks everyone every fucking time she has an opening to eviscerate them
>takes forever to just grab all their weapons in an instant, instead of just teleporting around all of them and slashing them in the dick 1000 times a second
Her dark form was really cute though.

Also
>big bro with tentacles that can take out helicopters at long range and melt through anything only uses duckable head-swipes and, of course, just punches normally and non-fatally when things get close

I feel most superhero movies don't get final bosses right very much, if ever.

>>85218803
This guy gets a lot of it right, yeah.
>>
>>85219819
They should have put the Deadshot moment first, then hard cut to Harley. These movies are so poorly edited...
>>
>>85219819

which was why I said the breaking glass was only 80% of the scene instead of 100%, it was still nowhere near enough to justify an entire scene. As if we haven't been reminded about his daughter 5 more times during the movie anyway.
>>
>>85219830
>He ENJOYS what he does.
Doesn't he specifically say that he enjoys what he does?
>>
>>85219733

The funny thing is that it actually is. The Squad is made of bad people who don't mind collateral damage, just barely held together.
>>
For all the defending people do for this, it feels like I haven't seen a single defense for that final fight so I'm just gonna go ahead and talk about how fucking shit that shit was because it was shit

Also, Digger throws like two boomerangs. Two. Just fuck my entire favorite Rogue up DC
>>
>>85219899
That solid two minutes of just slow-mo was ridiculous.
>>
File: ss1p13.jpg (618KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
ss1p13.jpg
618KB, 1280x1920px
Deadshot and Catman adventures in shopping will always be the best.
>>
Anyone else think it was weird that Batman decided to arrest Deadshot in front of his daughter? He even said he preferred not to. Maybe its because it was a rare instance of Deadshot out of hiding? I only bring it up because it felt forced with the kid drama and the idea that Batman would risk a child getting hurt
>>
>>85219340
You see it longer than that. There's even a webm of it now and it's a good second or two of full face when he leans in for the 2nd kiddo.
>>
>>85219195
>>85219204
Am i on tumblr

Even the orginal creators say joker cares about harley in his way

"Every one sees joker laugh only harley sees him cry" is a direct quote
>>
>>85219953
I thought it was weird that Bats just showed up. He farts out of the sky, says his lines, and the movie doesn't care. I know they said they wanted to show Batman from the villain's point of view, but... they didn't. It just sucked.
>>
>>85219947

>skinsheads try a fucked up robbery

>stops the robbery

>hijacks the robbery

Magical.
>>
>>85217864
I knew exactly what you'd be whining about without mousing over that.

Yore completely off base. Do you not remember BTAS and how saccharine Joker could get with her?

Harley loves Joker. Joker loves owning Harley. When she is taken to jail by Batman, Joker has had his toy taken away and throws a tantrum. He's always been possessive and prideful. Fuck, by negligence he almost kills her at least twice.

At no point does he say "Harley I love you."
>>
>>85219505
Comic Book Men on AMC.
>>
>>85219988

did u reply to the right ppl
>>
>>85220004

I always remember Harley helping break him out, not the other way around. Not unless he needs something.
>>
>>85220004
You should read the spoilers because you just agreed with a lot of OP's main points.

L23Dchess
>>
>>85220004
You do realize Joker doesnt go out of his way to break Harley out right? Because there was that one time he was going to nuke Gotham and didnt think to pick her up
>>
>>85218288
He's good when he's in but most of his stuff gets cut. He uses his boomerangs like four or five times.
>>
>>85219988
But the relationship is still abusive and unhealthy.
>>
>>85219988
Just because she's always with him.
It's funny that she's so obsessed with him and he just uses her. Some small part of him might slightly care about her, but he's really just focused on how much fun he has fucking with her.
>>
>>85220033
>>85220044

This. Joker leaves her to rot all the time. Either she gets out on her own, or other events just result in her escape.
>>
>>85220050
>He uses his boomerangs like four or five times.
2. And he misses both times.
>>
>>85219115
She was Flagg's backup.

Her stuff where she talks to the soultaker is good but that's all she gets
>>
>>85219345
I need to see what happened after this
>>
>>85220072

in my theater people laughed at her talking to the sword
>>
>>85220050
>four or five times.
I wish. It was two times.
>>
>>85220004

Harley got mad at him in one episode because she was in Arkham and rather than attempt to get her out, the Joker held auditions for a new Harley.
>>
>>85218553
But she's been in the Squad a lot. She's been a mainstay since N52 started
>>
>>85220056
Their both insane any relationship they have is gonna be unhealthy
>>
>>85220021
Any idea whayt episode?
>>
>>85220090

I think it was 3 if you count the video boomerang
>>
>>85218741
They should have just made it that he wanted to steal a stuffed animal. It didn't have to be a big joke.
>>
>>85218684
You know that's always been the case right?
>>
>>85220099
Point is their relationship shouldnt be seen as "oh how cute!" and Harleys side should only be viewed as tragic and on sided
>>85220125
I would have accepted a scene at the end where Boomerang was allowed to keep his unicorn in his cell. But its literally nothing
>>
>>85218824
She was dancing for my dick.

The ash covered dirt witch was hotter
>>
>>85220105
One in the diamond exchange
One to distract Katana
Video boomerang
Explosive one in the final fight
>>
File: 1458962865847.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1458962865847.gif
2MB, 400x400px
OP here.

Kinda sucks that half of you guys are just parroting /tv/ memes about editing and plotholes. I guess you guys just don't know how to read or suss out what the purpose of this thread is.

For the other half that are discussing anger about Captain Boomerang never throwing boomerangs or Deadshot being too forgiving against their comic book source material, carry on. You guys are not retarded like the rest of the faggots in this thread.
>>
>>85219990
>>85219953
Doesn't help that the suit generally looks dumb when he's standing still. So suddenly fat Batman is just standing there, has a poor fist fight, the end.
>>
>>85219539
>>85219559
yeah thats totally a black people thing too
HE DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>85220144
Sorry but that loses any real weight when you show harley as being violent and unstable away from the joker
>>
>>85219760
>>85220097
>>85218799
I mean the comics that were good.

I mean, yeah it wouldn't be inaccurate to put Iron Man as the main character of the Guardians of the Galaxy. But it'd still be pretty stupid.
>>
>>85218789
>>85218848

I don't get why this scene is so hard for people.

A guy walks in and oggles Joker's girl. That disrespects Joker as the boss. Joker is offended and teaches him a lesson. Joker tells the guy "alright, she's yours."

The guy has two choices- reject Joker's gift, offend him, and get killed, or accept, touch Joker's property, and get killed. That's why the guy freaks out. He KNOWS he fucked up.

This isn't hard if you've ever seen a gangster movie.
>>
There's also a small but subtle difference.

Preboot: Joker brainwashes Harley over time, she busts him out. He later tries to kill her. Ivy finds her, nurses her back to health, and gives her a serum that increases her physical abilities and makes her toxin immune.

Reboot: Joker brainwashes Harley over time, she busts him out. He then takes her to the factory that changed him and drops her into a vat against her will. The look of betrayal on her face is pretty awful. He's very surprised that she DOESN'T die, and finds her on the bottom after draining the tank. Skin got bleached and mind got borked.

The movie alters things further by having Harley almost VOLUNTEER for the abuse. She chooses to go into the tank and barely fights the Joker's electro-shock application. It makes it more "acceptable" to the modern audience by having her choose instead of the Joker forcing everything on her. Which is a mistake, as it downplays some of the abusive aspects.
>>
>>85220194
>Editing and plotholes
BASIC FILM CRITIQUE IS MEMES NOW
>>
>>85220194

Jesus, that tongue.
>>
>>85220194
>/tv/ memes about editing
The editing is not a fucking meme especially when we KNOW entire scenes were cut
>>
>>85220249
So you mad they didnt trigger you properly
>>
>>85220251
>>85220286

yeah ok still not what the thread is about go back to /tv/.
>>
>>85220194
That looks nasty, like there is a monster in her throat trying to escape.
>>
>>85219953
I think it's worse, because imagine if Snyderbats just murdered the fuck out of him.
Would have created a Reverse Batman, I guess.
>>
>>85219633
Not in the movies and only a few years ago in the comics. Before that Ivy gave Harley an immunity shot to toxins only in the animated series
>>
>>85218780
>Her character is usually shown weilding shit like comically sized mallets, not toys, actual giant fucking mallets and shit
>If not mallets giant hammers and shit
Bitch has been shown to be strong as fuck in most her incarnations.
>>
>>85219026
He throws several.
>>
>>85219254
Then you don't get Harley at all. Her entire life is based around the idea of an ideal romance.
>>
>>85217864
Already wrote about my biggest issue itt >>85217437

But to recap
>It almost seems like Ayer doesn't understand that the purpose of task force x is to get criminals to do illegal things, you pick criminals because they don't have a moral compass anyway, and because they are expendable, on both of these attributes, Ayers squad fails; they want everyone to stay alive and nothing they do in the mission is morally wrong(besides Harley stealing the purse)
>Starting a team to protect the nation/earth from meta threats makes sense, in fact it makes so much sense, that we are going to see a repeat of that same purpose for next year's justice league, starting it with criminals doesn't make sense, because you aren't doing anything illegal or morally wrong.
>None of the characters on task force x are remotely capable of doing what the team was set out to do; which was to stop the next kryptonian-tiet threat. WW, superman, zod, faora, doomsday, and flash can solo this team.
>Waller knew that WW, aquaman, flash, and Batman existed. She knew flash wanted to stop criminals and she already used Batman to apprehended deadshot, we don't know the extent of her knowledge on WW, aquaman, or cyborg, but she doesn't have a reason to not ask Batman or the flash to help out.

I keep trying to come up with analogies for how badly Ayer or WB managed to miss the entire purpose of task force x. It's not supposed to be a redundant justice league.
>>85219733

It was

>Nailed the purpose of the squad
>Nailed the purpose of the members of the squad
>Showed the squad doing illegal shit

People complained that supes didn't save anyone or he was too moody in MoS, making task force x a jr justice league is just as bad
>>
>>85218766
No. She has a healing factor and enhanced strength from drinking Ivy juice.
>>
>>85220312

the monster is trying to get away from the skeleton
>>
>>85220466
This.
And it didn't help that these "worst of the worst" were hardly even fucking 'Bad Guys' half the time.
Seriously, they act more like anti-heroes gone soft that just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
Even Captain Fucking Boomerang acts like a complete bitch the whole movie, aside from punching out a guard or two.
And then they win the day with goddamn friendship.
Literally fucking friendship, goddammit.
>>
File: rage pepe.png (361KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
rage pepe.png
361KB, 858x725px
>>85219211

ULTIMATE EDITION FUCKING WHEN?!
FUCKING WB! STOP LISTENING TO CÃœCKS!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>85220298
not mad, just disinterested
>>
File: Affleck in divorce court.jpg (41KB, 204x226px) Image search: [Google]
Affleck in divorce court.jpg
41KB, 204x226px
>>85220610
>"I already lost one family. I'm not losing another!"
>>
>>85220646
>"You messed with my friends!"
Seriously, WHY? We really needed Boomer and Deadshot butting heads
>>
>>85220091

kek, I remember that episode, that's the one where we learn Jokers biggest fear is the IRS.
>>
>>85220668
>>85220646

I would have accepted this if there was a punchline where it turns up only Diablo thinks they're ~family~, while the rest of the team just thinks he's crazy with guilt.
>>
>>85220646
>I already lost one family. I'm not losing another
I love how they've literally only known each other for, what, a day at that point?
And wasn't Diablo's whole thing that he wanted to repent for his criminal ways?
Why was it so easy for him to get so buddy buddy with known killers and thieves?

He went from "Im not one of you guys, I don't trust you" to "Fuck it, you guys are like, my best friends."
>>
>>85220237

This, it was a damned if you do, damned if you don't moment.
>>
Why was Joker literally a cuck in that scene? What was the point of that?
>>
>>85220668
That was such a lame final zinger, too. Your entire marketing scheme was about how they're villains, but they really end it on the power of friendship? DC has no follow through.

>>85220892
People have gleaned all sorts of meanings out of that scene. But the movie is edited and acted so poorly that you have to think about a simple scene in order to understand it.
>>
>>85220610
I knew it was coming, but Ayer kept hyping up "bad vs evil", which implies neither side is going to be good, and that "bad" is going to break the law and do incredibly immoral things. Superman crashing the satellite at the end of MoS and Batman manslaughtering people in BvS are both much worse than anything the squad did during the mission.
>>
>>85220892
It really seemed like he was trying to see if that dude would mess with his girl and he was disappointed when he was actually loyal, so to make mom freak he killed him anyway.
>>
>>85220941
Why can't he just kill niggers for the fun of it?
>>
>>85219533
You mean affirmative action?
>>
>>85221111
Nope. Now fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>85221085
Gotta agree.
When your bad guys are doing less awful shit then your good guys, theres a problem.
>>
>>85221129
lol someone got triggered.
>>
>>85218288
He's a shitposter
>>
>>85221085
That PG 13 really killed alot of it.
What were they thinking.
>>
File: like feels int he rain.jpg (9KB, 225x250px) Image search: [Google]
like feels int he rain.jpg
9KB, 225x250px
>>85219057
Because Harley was tired of being emotionally disturbed and wanted to live a normal life with the Joker. It shows that she loves him crazy or not.
It's kind of sad actually.
>>
>>85219864
>Enchantress dual-wielding swords
>just kicks everyone every fucking time she has an opening to eviscerate them
See Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Secret of the Ooze. Parents get upset at seeing people cut down in a "kid's movie", so they kick them or hit them with something besides the dangerous weapon.
>>
>>85221343
This actually reminds me of something that was really fucking stupid.
>"She's an extra dimensional being with amazing power and skill"
>Literally shows about 2 scenes of amazing power, the rest is all just teleporting around the room.
>>
>>85220646
>>85220868
It was a way for redemption for Diablo. He managed to get to know his teammates in the bar scene. Sadly there wasn't enough screen time for him to express it further. If you think about it these are the first people he has interacted since he burned his juicy ass wife and kids. He didn't want to leave them like he left his family so naturally he would see them as friends.
>>
>>85219115
>tfw there will be no Outsiders movie
>>
>>85221085

Don't forget Superman running Zod's face along the side of a building causing it to collapse.
>>
File: what have you done.png (161KB, 259x252px) Image search: [Google]
what have you done.png
161KB, 259x252px
>cut out the abusive aspects of Harley's relationship
>cuts all the racist sexist shit from Bommie
>cuts the rape allegations from Slipknot
>catering to sjw so that way they won't be triggered watching the movie
Fucking why?
>>
File: barfsouls.jpg (87KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
barfsouls.jpg
87KB, 621x621px
>>85220646

Fucking Christ.
>>
>>85221197
Idk if it was the PG-13 rating, but at least have your squad of bad guys, do something bad.

>Superman worked with the military to stop the kryptonians
>Superman worked with the military to stop doomsday
>The suicide squad worked with the military to stop enchantress

What's the purpose of promising an interesting concept like "bad vs evil" if your "evil" side is just a superman fill in?
>>
>>85219351
she probably picked it up from hanging in the modern world with June
>>
>>85221748
What would have had them do? The bomb collars exist for a reason.
>>
Like else world stories, I take it as this is DCEU's version of said characters. It doesn't have to be 100% accurate. If this Joker likes her, that's alright
>>
File: 1437187852530.png (191KB, 501x600px) Image search: [Google]
1437187852530.png
191KB, 501x600px
>>85217864
>Harley Quinn not reading a Harlequin romance novel in her last scene.
0/10
>>
File: richie rich.jpg (124KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
richie rich.jpg
124KB, 480x320px
>>85219345
>pic
Is that Richard Stallman?
>>
>>85221938
>Elseworlds
This is the most parroted blanket excuse Ive heard and frankly its bullshit. If you're doing an elseworlds story, then fucking go all out. Saying this is just elseworlds is just an excuse to ignore valid criticism
>>
I just got back from the movie.
Things that didn't make sense or I apparently missed
Joker is a cuck?
Why the fuck is Katana even there?
Why didn't more Suicide Squad members die? I thought this was Suicide Squad, not the selfless sacrifice squad. The regular team members died more often then the 'suicide squad'
Why didn't the Enchantress just kill everyone? Even is she wanted to keep that one dude alive because host-feels, killing the leftovers should have been easy
They said they were building a Machine God, I didn't see a machine being worshiped.
Where was Batman or Wonder Woman? This was definitely a job for Wonder Woman.
So, Waller's plan was to just leave the City and call it a day?
Why was captain boomy being a bitch at the end?
Joker is a cuck?
>>
>>85219280
heh.
>>
>>85217864
I hate the tattoos. I can't take these characters serious in an attempt to make crazy, clown based villains. They look edgy in a pathetic way. I feel sad when I see them. Apathy is the term I'm looking for.
>>
>>85222057
Actually all Enchantress said was "they worship machines now instead of us" and basically made a "machine" which was really a spell that would kill everyone
>>
>>85221869
Not have them save the world, have them do something that is highly illegal and nobody in the gov is comfortable with, so you have to choose criminals to give yourself deniability in case it goes wrong. You have an entire universe of material to work with that they could be doing, like stealing lexcorp tech or breaking into star labs, I'm not saying it has to be either one of those, but having a team of criminals means your going to be doing something wrong. Danny ocean doesn't bring oceans 11 together to help the city clean up trash
>>
>>85222100
Apathy means you don't care at all one way or the other. Whhat your describing is just sheer disappointment and lost hope.
>>
>>85218741
I wanted his dream so bad. With Flash dead at his feet, too.
Maybe in the extended cut?
>>
>>85222031
Not liking a movie because a character isn't 100% accurate is completely retarded though. This IS a different universe, expecting a spot on representation of characters that have been around for decades is next to pointless.
>>
File: Boomerang poetry.jpg (903KB, 1322x1964px) Image search: [Google]
Boomerang poetry.jpg
903KB, 1322x1964px
>>85219026
>>
>>85222144
Im not expecting a 100% pulled from the book anon, and yeah there are numerous interpretations for different characters, but you also have to remember there are core parts of their character that remain consistent. Like Joker treating Harley like shit. All Im saying is "muh elseworlds" is an overused excuse
>>
>>85218670
Katana joined them in the bar because Flagg lied to her about the mission and she felt betrayed by him.
>>
>>85220362
Why do I remember it being mentioned in the Kesel run, then? Am I retarded? Impermanence of memory?
>>
>>85222125
But that's fucking boring. The world was in danger, they were the only ones on call.
>>
>>85222198

So somethings can be different, but others just can't? Why do comic fans need so much stagnation in story telling & rehashing?
>>
>>85218670
>They never actually stated their mission. There's a throwaway line about "Retrieving the HTC" or whatever, but they never actually tell us what the fuck that means until they get there

That's the point, you don't know what the HTC is until it's revealed to be Waller

>Why was Waller even in the city in the first place? She only stayed so that the Suicide Squad could come into the city and save her

She was in before everything went down, that was her base of operations
>>
>>85222031
Chill out bruh. You look at something like Superman Earth 1, and it's not completely different kind of superman. Sure some things are different, but it's not something like Red Son.

The movie had flaws, but me saying I see them as Elseworlds is not evading criticism.

How do you feel about Tony being the inventer of Ultron then?
>>
Jared Leto is getting pulled from the Joker position because he's mom freaked
>>
>>85222315
Better Ultron than one that fag Pym built.
>>
>>85222315
Not really a fan of it, but they didnt really establish Pym yet so its a no win. If they did throw Pym in AoU then it might have been more of a mess than it already was. Still Ultrons origin wasnt really the worst thing about that movie
>>
>>85222221
>Criminals doing illegal, black ops shit for the government is less interesting than another "save the world from a giant CGI monster" mission.

We are just going to talk past each other on this point.
>>
>>85220271
>>85220271
If you like it, her stage name's Larkin Love.
>>
>>85222451
As a movie, seeing a bunch of bad guys not pulling punches against a villain and slaying, as opposed to them breaking into a building for a MacGuffin, sounds far more interesting.
>>
Is there any word on whether or not we're gonna get a director's cut of this? Cuz my biggest problem with the movie was the absolutely shitty pacing and editing.
>>
>>85221748
Because Enchantress was let loose by the government. If it got out that the government released a world nuking witch just so they could use her as a weapon against other countries, there would be a global war
>>
>>85222570
We can hope but I'm not sure how much pull Ayer has.
>>
>>85220237
Devil's advocate: the scene is so haphazardly edited with annoying touches like purple pulsing out of nowhere. Plus, it doesn't do much to establish Joker or Harley as threatening criminal monarchs of the underworld.
>>
>>85222057
See
>>85220237

we have been through this a hundred times
>>
>>85222570
Officially there isnt going to be one, but that could change
>>
>>85222570
Every problem with the movie is in the editing room.

Every early reviewer said the pre-release cut was a million times better
>>
>>85218684
Yes and?
>>
>>85222521
They didn't do anything during the mission that identified them as bad guys. There was one choice that might've been morally tough(killing Harley) and they didn't even do that

>>85222587
The government didn't force her to get infected with the enchantress, it was dangerous for them to use her, but they weren't causal in her creation.
>>
Speaking of cut content, I do really feel bad for Leto considering how much Joker content was cut. I cant fairly criticize his performance given how little he was in this. And while Im not totally sold on his new relationship with Harley, I really do want to see him in the Batman solo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkqyIoYAXV8
>>
>>85222646
You don't get it, regardless of what the Joker was going to do in this situation, the moment he offered her was the moment he became a cuck[\spoiler]
>>
>>85222766
Killing a bunch of innocents that used to be human without hesitation seems pretty bad to me.
>>
>>85222791
Not when they're fucking zombies dude. Come on, you can do better than that
>>
>>85222791
>Killing zombies is bad
>>
>>85222871
>>85222873
Any classic cape would have some sort of argument that they can't just kill them, villains don't care.
>>
>>85222910
>Snyderverse heroes care about innocents
>>
The real question is where the fuck was Hawkman at? Like damn son you just gunna let them fuck your town up boy?
>>
why was flagg not telling them what they were up against such an issue, they all had bombs in their necks anyway it's not like they were going to be more likely to try and run
>>
>>85223247
Their mission wasn't to fight Enchantress, it was to get Waller the fuck out of there.
>>
>>85217864

Objectively this movie is poorly made, but I really liked it regardless. I can't say that anywhere but here because motherfuckers will viciously attack me personally for enjoying myself.

That said, this doesn't feel like a David Ayer movie at all and Leto is livid at how much of his work was cut from the film. Asking "Was there any that weren't cut? You tell me?" A LOT of those scenes featured Joker abusing Harley. (Hitting her, degrading her). I have a feeling we might still see a cut of the movie with that stuff in it. This movie wasn't near the character study I envisioned when I heard Ayer was directing a villain team-up but it was still enjoyable for me just seeing a lot of these characters on screen interacting with each other.
>>
>>85223290
>Objectively this movie is poorly made, but I really liked it regardless.
This is how I feel.

The music was obnoxious, the scenes jumped around, a bunch of characters did next to nothing, casting Eastwood was a waste, some of the "jokes" fell very flat, and the CG was so bad at some points.

But I still had a lot of fun, it was like the 80's movies I thought I was watching as a kid.
>>
>>85222791
>Suicide Squad of Murder
>>
>>85223290
Look I wouldn't say it was absolute shit and there were a couple of times I had fun but all I felt after the movie was a big meh.
>>
I feel like one of the biggest issues with the movie is how large-scale the final threat was. When there's a world-threatening villain about to fuck shit up, it doesn't really matter who stops them as long as they get stopped. There was no reason to not have actual heroes deal with the situation, and that's not a mission the Suicide Squad would be needed for. The movie should have have a better mission, where a squad of criminals doing illegal shit for the US but not being affiliated with any government would actually be necessary
>>
File: Screenshot (33).png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (33).png
1MB, 1366x768px
It fucked up the google search
>>
>>85220194
not having seen any of /tv/'s reaction at all here's my thoughts

>Joker/Harely relationship
This was acceptable, she's still like a pet to the Joker but she's more like the dog you keep because you like seeing it rip people's faces off, not because it gives you warm fuzzies. That whole scene where she falls in the acid shows that she is devoted 100% to him and while he does do that whole "I realize I'm in love with you" thing he, unlike her, had a moment of hesitation.
>Still on Harely
Aside from giving joker a reason to be in a film about the bad guys of DC, she actualy felt like a natural fit. She was shown to be good at combat (killed/wounded several armed bellrev guards). Yea in grand scheme she was unneeded but she did provide the secondary conflict (Joker shit) and some decent eye candy.
>Deadshot
He felt like the only character that actually had some thought put into, his background/motivation was very clear and we got to see both his work side and the dad side back to back, covering all the bases needed for his character in the right amount of time and pace. Only complaint would be the "I missed" scene, yea their friends and Waller is the bbeg but it felt like it would have been more in charecter if he has shot her.
>On a related note
I would have liked it better if CB was the one who pieced everything together and found the binder. Would have made him coming back (hehe, boomerang joke) more meaningful.
>Moving on to CB
He felt like the only reason he was there was to fill numbers. In regards to the big plot only Croc, Diablo, Deadshot, and (arguably) Harely where needed. Everyone else (even the military dude) felt kind of forced.

Cont.
>>
>>85223529

>Enchantress and her brother
That whole thing was a mess. First she tells her brother to wait, so what does he do? He goes out and starts attacking shit. The double cross was played off well and the get around her heart being stabbed was acceptable, but once he shares his powers we don't see him get weaker at all while technically it was his power that was fueling the creation of the machine spell.
>speaking of the machine spell
Could have had lightning powers take control of a setalight or something, you know be ironic and kill them with their own tech kind of deal. Nice touch with her targeting classified facilities using Wallers brain tho.
>Dialbos arc
This felt nice, we see him go from someone casually incerating an entire prison to sad emo to fire God from hell. Sadly he felt like an after thought in terms of screen time and importance. He really nailed the super villains redemption part tho.
>also
How/why could he speak the same orherworldly language as the others all of a sudden? I feel like it's self explainatory but the explanation was lost somewhere.
>killer Croc is Killer Croc

Overall it's not bad, interesting in the fact we get to see good guy/bad guy reversed but ultimately I feel like it was trying to do too much and as a result did almost nothing. Music coming in and out I didn't mind so much but the variety of the music is what annoyed me, "spirit in the sky" started playing and all I could think of was Awsome Mix vol. 1.
>>
>>85223575
>How/why could he speak the same orherworldly language as the others all of a sudden?
Bro that wasn't otherwordly, it was fucking Spanish.
>>
I just got out of the movie from watching it. I thought it was the best dc movie so far.
>>
>>85223646
that's not saying much
>>
I really get the feeling that greedy WB execs are copying the video game industry by releasing incomplete products only to later sell us on ultimate, definite editions.

> mfw DC shills will defend this
>>
File: Literal movie DLC.jpg (780KB, 3375x2625px) Image search: [Google]
Literal movie DLC.jpg
780KB, 3375x2625px
>>85223716
WB will be the first studio to perfect movie DLC
>>
The movie really felt like it was cannibalized in the editing stages. As it stands characters like croc and boomerang could be completely cut from the movie and no one would notice.
>>
>>85223434

I smiled throughout the entire first act myself. Felt awkward most of the 2nd because it didn't feel like the movie even remotely earned the sudden shift of being in the shit. The bar scene was my favorite in the movie because it was the only scene that felt like an Ayer movie. Probably a left over from his original cut of the movie. That's probably why the 3rd act was enjoyable for me. It was smoother than the 2nd and I got to watch characters than I already loved BEFORE I walked into the movie interact some more.
>>
>>85223798
See that's not how I feel. I'll repost my feelings on the acts from another thread

First act-character intro and forming of team: Great. Fantastic setting of the tone

Second act-Entering the city, first fights: Okay, starts to slow down but have some good lines, action sequences and character moments. Bar scene was quite good (even if they cut out the "what are you having" scene)

Final third-Last fight against Enchantress: Movie fucking drops like a rock. Everything just goes downhill. My friend and I laughed when Enchantress just jacked all the SS weapons after fighting them and just wondered why the fuck she didn't just do that before. It was like Fant4stic Doom levels of "I am so overpowered but am going to just not for some reason". Also way to have an ensemble movie and not show what the other members' biggest dreams were you editing hacks.

They had 66% of an okay movie and then just fucked it all up at the end.
>>
>>85223752
I feel like no one but autists will care about how much better this movie could've been cause it's "fun". Maybe. If it weren't for the hype, I'd say it'd end up like BvS. It's just sad.
>>
>>85223896
>mfw I'm an autist that acknowledges it could have been much better but was still an entertaining movie throughout
>>
>>85223593
Was it? I failed Spanish 1 (just didn't care) and it was hard to understand any words at all through the possessed voice sounds.
Movie said that the two where from another dimension or some shit so I assumed that's what they where using. That does make more sense now.
>>
>>85223928
No, the siblings were speaking weirdo language. Diablo's "It's on bitch" was Spanish
>>
>>85218670
I imagine it's because she understood that the squad was being forced to do things under false pretenses.
She's a crazy wild card, so I'm guessing Waller thought she might come in handy.
They were going to retrieve the "HVT" which means High Value Target. It's implied that the person they're getting is important.
Could be because she's crazy enough to make that her squad's first legit mission to further cement them as a viable option, or she just happened to be in her base of operations at the wrong time.
Yeah that was all fucking stupid, but it seems like that was another thing that was "cut and hope for the best."
My best guess is that other portions of the subway caved in enough to block the water from going anywhere, but by "sheer coincidence" flooding where they needed to be.
I don't know anything about Diablo as a character, but it seemed to me that he was extremely drained and weak from going ham on that dude, and is far more easily killable in his normals tate.
Harley imaging them having a normal life together isn't really all that weird to me, but I don't really read DC comics.
Another stupid thing that made me go "how the fuck didn't they see or hear that obvious bullshit?"
I feel like he actually had a far bigger role to play in this movie but WB decided to cut and edit a bunch of shit and basically turned what could have been a great movie into an okay one.
I'm really just mostly guessing because this movie requires the viewer to do a lot of their own guesswork and make their own assumptions purely because it's been edited so poorly. I'm hoping for a director's cut.
>>
>>85223921
Thing is, from what I heard the ultimate cut doesn't save BvS so my hopes for a proper Suicide Squad home release are slim.

I feel like these tactics show pure contempt for the fans, the only ones desperate enough to pay more than once for this.
>>
>>85224440
The difference is that BvS was bad from the conception, whereas it's very clear from viewing that SS's problems are all in the editing room.
>>
The whole point of the character is that Harley's love for the Joker is unrequited. No matter how bad Joker treats her, she'll always come back to him and do anything for him. Making the Joker love her back is idiotic.
>>
>>85219444
>>85219328
It does fall out of his pocket when fighting on the street, he quickly grabs it and looks a bit, idk, horny?
>>
>>85217864
The fucking pop songs. The song themselves are fine but the way the movie used them did them the laziest way possible and half the time they didn't fit the tone of the scene they were in.
>>
>>85219114
you see his face and it's normal leto
>>
>>85218780
>Bitch that just happened like 5 years ago, let's not pretend 'SHE ALWAYS BEEN STRONG".

Are yoy dumb? it was back then in the red and green days, is not a new52 thing
>>
>>85222218
Is just that you are not a casual as most of the people complaining about batman related characters. There's people that think the joker is just a skinny guy
>>
Was anyone else shocked at how turned on they were by enchantress? Not her ugly "final form" but her dirty crawling version especially when she was on the bed talking to Flag.
>>85219328
I'm surprised the didn't do a MLP reference
>>
>>85226302
It's name was Pinkie.
>>
>>85218228
It's also if the reshoots were made by people who wanted to make a completely different movie. I wonder who could be behind this...
>>
File: image.png (611KB, 682x705px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
611KB, 682x705px
That dead shot scene on the car made the whole movie worth it, the whole theater started clapping it was the "Hell yeah super heroes!" Moment. I was watching it by myself in the front row and I yelled.

You could tell there was A LOT cut out the most jarring one was right after Harley's flash back on the staircase when she points the gun at Will
>>85226320
They just couldn't resist
>>
File: development cycle.jpg (64KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
development cycle.jpg
64KB, 620x348px
>>85223752
>>
Finding out the movie got edited by the people who did the trailer with Bohemian Rhapsody in it explains a lot about the movie.
>>
>>85220308
It's about a movie.
>>
File: 1460257460739.jpg (88KB, 526x640px) Image search: [Google]
1460257460739.jpg
88KB, 526x640px
Why didn't Enchantress read Harley's mind and knew that Harley was going to try to get her heart?
>>
>>85217864
It was racist, sexist and problematic. DC clearly just wants to pander to gross dudebros. Oh well, at least Disneyâ„¢ is on the right side of history! I can't wait for Doctor Strange!
>>
>>85217864
Fuckit thats one of the things i liked about this movie, the Joker actually loves Harley, Harley deserves pud... i mean Joker to love her, yup thats one of the things i liked
>>
File: 1219.png (209KB, 292x366px) Image search: [Google]
1219.png
209KB, 292x366px
>>85227579
Harl, what did I tell you about going to 4Chan?
>>
Fuck, you guys are a negative bunch. Yeah the movie wasn't award worthy but it was pretty fun even with its flaws. First 30 minutes was great and yeah it took a nosedive. Also Boomerang was great when he was there and I'd watch the movie again just for him. Hope we get to see more in the future.
>>
>>85223752
Is this shit real? Why is no one flipping their shit at it?
This is fucking jewery, there's no other name for it.
>>
>>85217864
I was really bothered by Waller just straight up gunning down a room full of techs just because they weren't cleared to work on that level of classification (Or more likely she needed to cover her ass) and she didn't need them anymore. Then again I haven't seen her much in the comics, mostly JLU, so.

Also worst part of the movie to me for some reason was Croc's "I like her" line after joining up with Waller. The delivery was shit, it was cliche, and only served to make her look tough which they were doing a fine job of already.
>>
>>85219328
>Doesn't actually go anywhere with this joke
When they get in the head of the characters and show their deeps dreams I thought that joke would finally get payoff. Then they completely skip him and qt chink.
>>
>>85227810
The first 30 mintes of the film is great at the cost of ruining the rest of the film by putting what should have been backstory flashbacks scattered through out the film to break up and change the pace into a 10 minute sequence designed by a Snapchat/Instagram filter creator
>>
>>85219345
Yeah, but the payoff to that stupid line was so heartbreaking.

Although I didn't like how they showed Jared's face when he was a normal guy. It's like the one rule you don't break; you don't show the Joker prior to his transformation.
>>
>>85228610
>It's like the one rule you don't break

where have you been, anon? Jared Leto doesn't give a fuck about following rules
>>
>>85228480
Do you also complain that not watching in 3D you miss out on some depth of perception/
>>
>>85225022

I dunno man, I think even with proper editing it'shard to see Enchantress, her brother, and her relationship with Flagg really working out. A lot of Enchantress's dialog was just unsalvageably terrible.
>>
>>85217864
>ITT: Things that genuinely bothered you as a /co/mrade about this movie.
the joker, harley and boomerang killed less people than batman
>>
Every scene felt like it was shot just for a trailer.
>>
>>85223422
More like,
>Homicide Squad
Am I right?
Eh?
Eh?
>>
There was no good reason for everyone not to fuck off when Flagg broke his bomb remote. At least Boomerang should've stuck with it unless forced to rejoin, and "hurr durr he's a boomerang" is still fucking stupid.

Enchantress being the threat was way outside the scope of the Suicide Squad. They ought to have been doing black ops shit against a more normie villainous organization.

For being a bunch of villains, they sure did lack in villainy. It looked like their criminality was frequently targeted at other criminals. Deadshot should've been doing a hit on a politician or some other innocent bigwig, not a mob boss.
>>
>>85232302
>There was no good reason for everyone not to fuck off when Flagg broke his bomb remote
But they true nakamas now and shit man!
>>
>>85232302
>Deadshot should've been doing a hit on a politician or some other innocent bigwig, not a mob boss.
To be fair, the guy Deadshot killed was a mob snitch. Letting him live would have likely put a lot of horrible people behind bars and saved a lot of good people from being killed/extorted/etc. Plus from the way he talked about not giving a fuck, I wouldn't be surprised if he's done even shittier jobs before.

The Boomerang part was dumb as fuck though Even though I loved the initial part where he books it, they should have left in the part where he reconsiders leaving at least.
>>
>>85217864
I'm mostly curious whether this has spurred yet another pissing contest between shippers and SJWs. Nothing better than watching kids spout off their opinions of shit that's been discussed since the 90s like they're brand new and unique.
>>
>>85219760
Who the hell read new 52?
>>
>>85232713
I didn't pick up on the snitch part, but even a mob snitch is still often a bad dude, just one that's caught between a rock and a hard place. There's room in Deadshot's established backstory for him to have done worse shit, yes, but they should've shown it using that scene that would've required very few changes.

There's another thing I forgot to add about the whole villainy-free villains deal: They even showed that the prison guards are bad dudes themselves, so you don't feel bad at all when they get offed by the protagonists. Except that they totally forgot to have Harley and Joker kill the guard captain, even though they waved obvious flags for that to happen.
>>
>>85218824
Casting magic rituals require certain geatures be made by the user, sometimes these take the form of dance.
>>
>>85223520
She looks like Eva Green in that third pick
>>
>>85232302
Deadshot stayed for his daughter at least, Katana should've stayed as well since she has that whole "can't abide evil" schtick, this witch was going to fuck the world WAY up.
>>
>>85219444
The cash was sewn into the unicorn. He was so protective of it because it was the only one of his assets that hadn't been seized.
>>
>>85220201
But it actually works when white people do it.
>>
The movie would have been significantly better if Boomerang didn't come back. Maybe toss in a scene before they rescue Waller where he cuts out his bomb.
>>
>>85218670
>good question
>they explain it in the beginning
>"HVT" = high value target, plus the audience were meant to be kept in the dark with the team itself
>it was her base of operations, she was there before shit went horribly awry
>the unicorn was a visual gag and an attempt at small characterization
>they sealed off parts of the subway previously when first trying to deal with incubus
>good question, i think it was just meant to be a big fuck-off explosive charge
>one could argue that this is what she craves, but her relationship with the joker forces her to be this wacky gal
>yeah that was retarded
>i liked the one scene with the guard at the casino
>>
>>85218978
It did matter. It was for a joke. A shitty joke, but that's what it was for. It would've been slightly improved if they only showed it the once, that way the joke would've been a one-off. The second inclusion did kinda make feel weirdly forced.
>>
>>85226567
That cut was meant to be jarring as it was her snapping back to reality, reacting violently and pulling out her gun.
>>
>Joker talks Harley into jumping in Ace Chemicals
>She does
>He leaves, does a stupid "Should I go back"?? Acting, dives in to save? her
>Whole baptism thing
>out of nowhere color symbolism
>is Joker doubly Joker??
>whatever cut away
>>
Why are Joker and Harley even on the squad? They don't have any superpowers or spectacular combat skills.

What could they do that two proper soldiers couldn't?
>>
>>85235748

Waller is tired of Joker and Harley living, if they die in the line of duty well.....

no prize plz
>>
>>85235693
That scene and Diablo's sob flashback could've been cut and we still would've had all the information worth having out of them.
>>
>>85235748
>Joker
shake my head
>>
File: 42432542376435434.jpg (89KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
42432542376435434.jpg
89KB, 780x439px
>>85217864
Okay, so who the fuck shot the Squad's helicopter down when they got to Midway? Was it The Joker? Those eyeball guys somehow getting an anti-air gun?

When I first watched the movie I thought it was the chopper behind them and figured the crew had either been turned by Enchantress or were working for Joker, but then they just land alongside them.

Also why the fuck did the helicopter carrying Waller out of the city divebomb close to the streets shooting all those flares? Did they think the monsters had missiles now? Why didn't they just fly off into the sky?
>>
>>85221576
Thing is, though, that they know all too well about that shit, and they'll get pissed that they're "glossing over" that shit.

This isn't an SJW film, this is a normie film made to sell merchandise. You really think anyone's gonna by any of that #relationshipgoals shit with Joker and Harley if it's a blatantly abusive relationship?
>>
>>85228610
But it wasn't joker before his transformation. It was Jared Leto
>>
>>85228610
>you don't show the Joker prior to his transformation.
You mean like in The Killing Joke?

Actually, do they have the whole Red Hood bit in the Killing Joke movie?
>>
flash is ugly his suit is too bulky, it's like they tried to make Captain America
>>
>>85219413
>>85219491

The only reason I thought it mattered was that there was a smiley face sign similar to the Comedian's Pin from Watchmen above the purse. Personally fuck Zack Snyder but I got the feeling this was an easter egg for them plugging Rebirth for movie/comic synergy or at worse Injustice.
>>
>>85235945

Diablo's flasbacks were hilarious.

>I TOLD YOU NOT TO BRING THIS GANG SHIT HOME
>To dude with tattoos to look like a skull and DIABLO on his face
>>
So why werent Harley and Croc sent to Arkham after being arrested? You would think that would send a big red flag to the Bat if they just fell off the radar
>>
>>85220149
Everyone agrees her bog witch version is hotter than her "final form".
>>
>>>/tv/
>>
>>85238025
They said Croc was run out of Gotham and caught somewhere else in sewers, so maybe jurisdiction or something. Harley should have been though.
>>
Slipknot getting the same bitch treatment as KGBeast. Poor dude didn't even get a line did he?
>>
>>85225022
It'd be better, sure. But it wouldn't have been great.

The Enchantress/Flagg romance fell completely flat, the Incubus was almost a non entity aside from being a bruiser, Enchantresses plan was poorly thought out, etc.

The character beats could probably be salvaged, but the driving force of the plot was weak.
>>
Is there anything we can do for Leto? Guy got fucked over hard thanks to WB committee and the editing room
>>
>>85238321
Just the talk with Boomerang and saying the chick he hit "had a mouth on her". But if you've read a squad comic how did you not see that coming from him being announced. It's like straight from the page.
>>
>>85233540
M. Night Shamaylan says high.
>>
It was shit but not as shit as I thought. Leto tried way too hard. His off camera bullshit makes sense to me now after watching it. Also I hated how they become a "family" despite the fact that several characters never even interact with each other, or only get a few lines. It felt forced as fuck. In fact the whole movie felt forced. Also it seems DC movies are currently stuck in this limbo where they don't know if they want to be quip fests or dead serious drama/action movies. Diablos back story seemed tacked on for no reason other than to explain why he didn't just incinerate everything.
>>
>Katana talks about how she hates bad guys
>"fuck you Flagg I'm going to go drink with these criminals"
>>
>>85238872
The world was fucked, why not grab a drink one last time? And I doubt she was aware of why they were after Enchantress.
>>
>>85220808
The IRS is fucking scary man.
>>
I really liked the rainbow grunge art style the movie had.
>>
File: e2e.jpg (72KB, 680x671px) Image search: [Google]
e2e.jpg
72KB, 680x671px
>>85219641
>Who thought that was a good idea?
DC/WB, still stuck on trying to be pic related.
>>
>>85238619
How is explaining why he's a pacifist now "just tacked on"
>>
>>85219114
I actually really liked that scene. Cause due to the lighting, it first appears as though Harley is still has chemicals but just has a Leave it to beaver style house, making it seem comedic. As the light dims a little though, you see the lack of chemicals showing the tragedy.

But what do i know im an autistic idiot
>>
>>85235693
I thought it would've worked better if Harley was having some second thoughts and Joker just nonchalantly pushed her off the edge.
>>
>>85222057
>Joker is a cuck
He almost looked sad she went along with it
>>
>>85219280
pure kino
>>
>>85237743
Only thing you see RH related is a picture of robin with blood
>>
So what WOULD they do if Superman went rogue?

Because this Squad would be dead in five seconds.
>>
What's the name of the song that played during the scene with the Joker and Harley in the toxic tub?
>>
>>85239731
just keep throwing criminals at him while someone hunts down some kkryptonite
>>
>>85238955
Same here. Loved the overall look.
>>
>>85217864
is it just me, or does Harley look really ugly in this picture?
>>
>>85239810
Right? Can you imagine if they went about this movie so it fit that aesthetic the whole way through? They really made something kickass but only used it on the title card and a few times for backstories. Like imagine if that colorful grit was used as a palette for every scene.

>Action scenes are in acid-trip rainbow color instead of grimdark edgy greytones.
>Bloom effected neon blood splatters (of course, of many different colors)
>2.5D effects. Imagine what a cartoon-y explosion looks like. Now overlay that over a 3D movie so that it fits into the scene but feels discernably comic-stylized
>Instead of having youtube tutorial-tier music selection, they have a gritty electronica original score, and the action is synced to the actual fucking score, as opposed to a poorly edited fight scene happening while "Another one bites the dust" plays quietly in the background. Poor example, but something like this plays during a fight scene while stylized combat happens in sync https://youtu.be/X3oOQ8XnQWU?t=74

It naturally creates dissonance, because the music and colors are fun and get you pumped, but you realize that it's playing while good people are being gunned down. It creates a macabre kind of hype.

Totally wouldn't be anything like DC or Marvel has made lately, but maybe that's a good thing.
>>
>>85219641
>Not getting turned on by swamp hobo witch Cara

Pleb pls.
>>
File: 4926347983.gif (1MB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
4926347983.gif
1MB, 500x250px
>>85239798
>Entire squad being ripped apart by Man of Murder
>Boomer finds kryptonite under a bench
>Duct tapes it to boomerang and kills Superman
>Only gets ten years off his sentence
>>
>>85217864
I missed
I ain't loosing my family
theres just one problem you hurt my family
I get this movie is for normies but wow wow wow come on they are villians

I did laugh at the BET line from croc though
>>
>>85222777
Checked, and same, I really feel bad for him, he was clearly excited for this role and he had some big shoes to fill because of Heath Ledger's Joker, and I think he probably did much better than we saw but since a lot of the movie got taken out or edited badly, we won't see it until it the 'Ultimate Edition' comes out.
And his relationship with Harley...it was weird because in every previous incarnation, Batman was the subject of his attention, but in this he actually gives a shit about Harley, he puts in effort to get her back twice, and jumps into that vat after she does, plus "Would you die for me? No, that's too easy. Would you live for me?"
This just doesn't seem like the normal, abusive Joker-Harley relationship, which is weird but I didn't actually hate it.
>>
>>85222057
>Joker is a cuck?
he was screwing with a guy who disrespected him
>Why the fuck is Katana even there?
To protect Flag
>Why didn't more Suicide Squad members die? I thought this was Suicide Squad, not the selfless sacrifice squad. The regular team members died more often then the 'suicide squad'
Have you ever actually read a single issue of SS? only two or three characters would die every ten issues or so in the original run unless it was an event tie in.
>Why didn't the Enchantress just kill everyone? Even is she wanted to keep that one dude alive because host-feels, killing the leftovers should have been easy
That what she tried to do
>They said they were building a Machine God, I didn't see a machine being worshiped.
It was an expression used to mock humans after they had become so obsessed with machines this isn't hard to pick up on.
>Where was Batman or Wonder Woman? This was definitely a job for Wonder Woman.
Huzzah a single valid point
>So, Waller's plan was to just leave the City and call it a day?
Yes, that was the mission
>Why was captain boomy being a bitch at the end?
because he was in character
>Joker is a cuck?
anon is a dumbass?
>>
>>85220474
>drinking Ivy Juice

From her vagina?
>>
>>85226302
Fucking this.

Everybody went in hard for Katana but once you see Enchantress in action she's the best.
>>
>>85228498
That's the most Waller thing imaginable though.

The Croc line WAS shit though, and was probably added by the reshoot Quippifiers
>>
>>85235300
>boomerang didn't come back

fucking idiot
>>
>>85220466
>Waller knew that WW, aquaman, flash, and Batman existed. She knew flash wanted to stop criminals and she already used Batman to apprehended deadshot, we don't know the extent of her knowledge on WW, aquaman, or cyborg, but she doesn't have a reason to not ask Batman or the flash to help out.

She doesn't ask people like Batman, etc. because she's running a shady black ops unit doing shit off the books and using famous vigilantes goes against the very word of covert. Also criminals are already easier to control since they're in the system and going on a mission has more incentive than rotting on your jail cell, plus they're far more likely up for anything, including assassinations and collateral damage. Plus the bombs are there exactly ensure the squad follow orders, or do you think Flash would be just cool doing everything Waller says when she will kill government employees just to cover her own goddamn fuck up? And if the mission goes wrong, they can just put the blame on the squad, since they're known criminals. There's complete deniablity.

There is literally no reason to use heroes from Waller's POV unless she had ironclad way to make sure they complied with her orders, which is unlikely. Even Flagg, a decorated soldier who works for the government, was specifically manipulated to fuck June by Waller in order to get him under her thumb so he'd be pressed to follow her orders unquestioned.
>>
>>85235693
>out of nowhere color symbolism
Jokers shirt and harleys shirt were red and blue
>>
>>85220087
Well your theatre is full of cunts
>>
>>85219288
I think anon meant that they looked normal, normal skin and hair. I wasn't too bugged by the scene but it would have been nicer if they still had the hair and skin
>>
>>85217864
What was waller even doing there with batman?

I'm guessing she wants him to help cover up that shit that went down?
>>
>>85218741
>unicorn dream
I was expecting the payoff for that entire joke to come there.

I thought his dream was going to be exactly the same as flags, but he'd turn over and it would be the unicorn.
>>
>>85219298
Normies think their relationship is a real one, but they're just between two crazy people. I would have preferred an abusive relationship, but imagine how much critics and the GA would have shit the bed if a horrible villain who cripples people to prove a point would dare hit a woman. The GA is ruining comic book adaptions
>>
>>85220237
I thought the whole point of that scene was that you dont talk shit about joker's queen? The guy called her a bitch and that pissed joker off
>>
That scene kind of bothered me because he was actually telling the other guy to fuck his wife. He was all "please PLEASE KEK MY SHIT UP, SENPAI"
>>
>>85242313
I think he said she was hot or something, but yeah. Either way the guy disrespected Joker.

It weird me out how people don't get that. It wasn't some P O T T E R Y symbolism like with Snyder; it was the actual text of the scene.
>>
The third act is literally the same as the third act from the first live action Transformers movie.
>>
>>85242333
They cut it to make it a weird sex thing as opposed to being a disrespect thing.
If he fucked Harley he's dissing Joker
If he didn't he was dissing Harley.

The guy was meant to be trapped in a corner
>>
>>85220237
>I don't get why this scene is so hard for people.

Cos the cuck meme has permeated into their brains.
>>
>>85241436
>he was screwing with a guy who disrespected him
No, that's straight up cuck behavor
>To protect Flag
How? Honestly if you removed her, he would have been fine
> Have you ever actually read a single issue of SS?
Yes.
>That what she tried to do
For being a vastly powerful magical entity, she sucks
>It was an expression used to mock humans after they had become so obsessed with machines this isn't hard to pick up on.
Sounds like a Snyder defense
>Huzzah a single valid point
No it's not, Wonder Woman's getting her own movie
>Yes, that was the mission
What a waste of the suicide squad's use
>because he was in character
hitting his head against a wall?
>>
>>85218684
Yes friend, Killer Croc's been a gentleman of African descent since the 70s.
>>
>>85242694
>No, that's straight up cuck behavor

You're an idiot.
>>
>>85228610

>It's like the one rule you don't break; you don't show the Joker prior to his transformation.

But thats actually wrong. Off the top of my head I can name three great things that do, Mask of the Phantasm, The Killing Joke, and Batman 1989, and he's a bit scarier for it in each of those three.
>>
>>85219829
Its the JOKER.

Its an ANGRY MOB BOSS.

The right choice is the one that gets you dead quickly dude.
>>
>>85220466
Im sure I read somewhere Ayer did actually do a darker version of this movie, but Warner execs intervened and fucked everything up.
>>
>>85242818
Your logic follow like:
>I Killed someone
>Not a killer
>>
>>85239731
I assume thats what waller was keeping tabs on batman for, or they'd just get wonder woman to kill him, since she seems to be pretty op in this universe.
>>
>>85239590
Wrong red hood, anon
>>
I want to FUCK Enchantress
>>
>>85219829
The right choice is to say you're gay and would rather bang the Joker.
>>
>>85239731
Harley is popular so she has plot armor. She can kill Supes by herself
>>
>>85219947
Where can I read this in its entirety? I read it once 2 years ago and it was fucking fantastic
>>
>http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/08/06/suicide-squad-rumored-list-of-deleted-scenes-revealed/
>"In early cuts, the movie's opening detailed June Moon's posession by Enchantress in real tome. Reshoots reshuffled the scene to be later in the movie in flashback form in favour of a new opening centered on Deadshot."
>"Deadshot in the prison cell, watching the rain fall and thinking about his daughter."
>"El Diablo observing the flame of a lit match, before putting it out due to his vow to no longer use his powers."
>"El Diablo being escorted to a training center by being placed in a tube that fills with water to quel his flames, and then unceremoniously dropped onto the ground."
>"Early interviews showed Captain Boomerang's racism and sexism, but the movie is light on examples of such behaviour, which have apparently been deleted. Most of them were reportedly directed at Katana, to whom Boomerang is attracted to."
>"Early reports indicated more backstory for Killer Croc, revealing that he entire life as a social outcast due to his physical appearancr and has convinced himself that he is beautiful in his own way. Croc crossed paths with Batman while working as muscle-for-hire for numerous Gotham's crime bosses, while secretly planning to take over one day. There were also scenes displaying his affinity for making sculptures out of discarded materials. Aside from jokes about Croc viewing himself as 'beautiful,' one of these were retained in the final cut."
>"Also deleted was a scene where he becomes sick at the helicopter escort to Midway City, throws up half-digested pieces of goat, and then eats them again, disgusting the nearby Navy Seals."
>"Early cuts reportedly included a passing reference to Slipknot being serial rapist, likely to further paint him as unsympathetic to the audience ahead of his own death."
>"More scenes of Rick Flag and June Moon's romantic relationship, including him reading the files of the Suicide Squad recruits after Waller delivers them to him."
>>
>>85244118
cont.
>"Another scene where Flag and Moon are out on a date."
>"Extended scene of Joker interrogating Captain Griggs, including the line, "I can't wait to show you my toys," which was in every trailer, but was removed from the movie."
>"Joker and his men escaping after shooting up a restaurant. Harley, who is already affiliated with the Joker, follows them on a motorcycle and intercepts their car. Joker bangs his head against the glass in frustration."
>"Joker and Harley then get into a fight, which ends with Harley pointing a gun at Joker's head. Joker sweet-talks Harley into lowering the gun, charming her, then backhands her across the face. Afterwards he sweet-talks her again and they kiss."
>"Extended Ace Chemicals scene where Harley jumps into the chemicals. More bits of dialogue from Joker."
>"Extended Batmobile chase scene with more interaction between Joker and Harley. One of the examples, presented in all the trailers, is the Joker punching the roof of his car."
>"Harley using her baseball bat as a mock gun to play shoot at invisible foes."
>"Extended scene of Joker breaking into the nanobomb manufacture facility to arrange for Harley's neck-bomb to be disabled."
>"More interactions between Harley and Boomerang. Early cuts apparently included her really disliking him despite growing affectionate to all the other members of the squad."
>"Extended bar scene with Harley taking everyone's orders. Deadshot calls for a shot, Katana wants whiskey, Croc and Boomerang settle for beer, Harley asks Diablo wants and he prefers water which she jokes, "is a good idea." The scene was featured in the trailers, but in the movie it cuts directly to Deadshot's speech about them all almost pulling the mission off."
>>
>>85244141
>"Removed several scenes with the Joker to repaint his relationship with Harley as more loving rather than abusive."
>"Joker and Harley get into an argument after he rescues her in the hijacked helicopter. In early cuts he reportedly pushes her out to kill her, then the helicopter gets shot down. This was apparently reworked into the helicopter getting shot down first and Joker pushing her out to save her."
>"Joker returns during the final battle in the subway station, face half-burnt from the helicopter crash, which apparently leads to a brief altercation with the Squad. He calls for Harley to escape with him but she refuses for once in order to help her friends, and the Joker escapes after throwing a live grenade at the group to cover his own escape."

I'm done with the DCEU. Fuck it.
>>
>>85219669
Only the characters, the dialogue and the story were bad.
>>
>>85219236
Wayne Enterprises probably has Lobbyists too.
>>
>>85244270
>Wayne Enterprise Lobbyist successfully pork barrels in a law about Taxes that Bat Themed Vigilantes are not illegal.
>>
>>85244118
>>85244141
>>85244162
So much fucking wasted potential. I fucking hate Joker/Harley.
>>
>>85244118
>>85244141
>>85244162
>People will defend WB cutting all this
>>
>>85244439
tumblr will because HarleyxJoker is apparently OTP of the Year
>>
idk if i missed something or if i didnt understand it but did Batman really try making out with an unconscious harley??
>>
>>85218512
That glow effect was great. The CGI of the magic machine was pretty bad though
>>
>>85244118
>>85244141
>>85244162
>So much trailer footage removed
>Some of it is good and would have fit ala the Joker Grenade scene
Fucking retards in charge of WB
>>
>>85240046

You mean the whole movie wasn't like that?
>>
why did Batman make out with Harley

it was so wrong
>>
Honestly, /co/, is Suicide Squad the gigantic dumpster fire that critics are trying to convince it is? Is SG atleast fun to watch, despite story problems?
>>
Pros
+characterization was good all around
+fast paced action
+soundtrack (most of it)
+i liked the concept of a mission going off the rails
+El diablo, fantastic

Cons
-some characters were criminally underused and needed more lines
-pacing around the time the incubus shows up

It was a good movie and i really want to see what was cut. Im hoping for a sequel developing boomerang and katana more
>>
>>85244623
I would only watch it if you can watch it for free.
>>
>>85244162
>>"Joker and Harley get into an argument after he rescues her in the hijacked helicopter. In early cuts he reportedly pushes her out to kill her, then the helicopter gets shot down. This was apparently reworked into the helicopter getting shot down first and Joker pushing her out to save her."
>>"Joker returns during the final battle in the subway station, face half-burnt from the helicopter crash, which apparently leads to a brief altercation with the Squad. He calls for Harley to escape with him but she refuses for once in order to help her friends, and the Joker escapes after throwing a live grenade at the group to cover his own escape."
My main gripes tbqh.

I think it's safe to assume Leto will never work with Ayer again.
>>
>>85244497
>>85244619
this. where the fuck did that come from?
>>
>>85244497
>>85244619
>>85244731

As I understood it, he was giving her CPR when she woke up and started making out with him.
>>
Deadshot almost never wore his mask. He put it on like twice in the movie and took it off because we HAD to know it was Will Smith under it. It's the same shit with that Garfield Spider-Man, always taking his goddamn mask off.

The mask was the best part of the costume design.
>>
Joker wasn't funny. No visual puns, no dry social commentary, no gags, nothing.

But the bigger problem to me, is pacing. It feels like we're watching DC's take on Avengers, but without ANY worldbuilding beyond BvS, which was a bit of a shitshow in its own right. Imagine an Avengers filmed without Iron Man, Thor, or Captain America films. It would be fucky as all get-out because we'd get a cliffnotes-tier backstory on major characters, and as a result either not understand them, or you get nothing at all, which to me is what Captain Boomerang is.

This movie suffered tremendously, in my opinion, because DC jumped the gun and couldn't afford/couldn't be bothered to make a few movies in-universe to try to establish characters and setting.
>>
>>85244884
>he was giving her CPR when she woke up
That's not how CPR works
>>
>>85245032
This. The solo movies should've come out before B v S.

Also,
>Joker & Harley kill Robin
>Man on manslaughter tries to save them
>>
>>85244884
They did a piss poor job of showing that though. You don't really show someone doing CPR with birds-eye view.
>>
My only issue with the movie was the editing. I enjoyed BvS ultimate cut. And I think I will enjoy this movie too when they get around to releasing the directors cut.
>>
>>85217864
This isn't /co/ material anymore. stop trying to generate buzz and go back to your movie general. Movie dc/ marvel universe has been proven numerous times to be its own medium and holds no bound on canon.
>>
I think an ultimate edition restoring scenes of Joker abuse or any other scenes won't magically redeem the movie.

The "Power of Friendship/Family" ending will still suck.
Enchantress dicking around with twin swords will still suck.
>>
>>85245231
Yeah, that fight was underwhelming. I expected magic and shenanigans. Instead we got knock guys around fight.
>>
File: tumblr_oawjysBcQ51qzekc4o1_540.jpg (125KB, 540x717px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oawjysBcQ51qzekc4o1_540.jpg
125KB, 540x717px
>>
>>85245328
>the movie shat on him
>the cast shat on him (although Leto was a massive dick sending people dead pigs and used condoms)

Did he deserve it?
>>
>>85241010
His "three times life" sentence, mind you.
>>
>>85245476
3 life sentences is a lot for a bank robber, unless he is a mass murderer as well, but they don't really show that in the movie.
>>
>>85217864
Waller killing a room full of her own men and selling state secrets just to cover her own ass was SO out of character. She is a hard bitch, but she is a hard bitch for AMERICA. Not her own Self interest
>>
>>85245378
No because Will Smith is a talentless hack. Worst part of the movie.
>>
>>85236318
>Those eyeball guys somehow getting an anti-air gun?

Considering Enchantress was just turning soldiers that isn't that surprising.
>>
>>85245047
>Saved her from drowning
>checked for pulse
>performed mouth to mouth

As far as I know, that's CPR. It was in-character too for Harley to do something like that, she might not have even needed to CPR and was waiting for a moment to attack Batman again, like how she faked unconsciousness in the car just a few minutes earlier. But instead she made out with him because lol so wacky and randumb. IIRC, Batman knocked her out right after that.

>>85245139
I thought it was clear enough, it never crossed my mind that Batman went in for a kiss.
>>
>>85245231

Haven't seen the movie yet - probably won't until retail release I hardly ever go into a theater - so won't comment on the value of it, but adding those deleted scenes back certainly looks like it would make it more palatable to me as an old comic fan, if not good in itself.
>>
>>85245586

Dude, he dipped her and started making out with her, That was, in no way, someone performing CPR.
>>
>>85245586
cpr makes sense but they showed it poorly. straight up looks like he just decided to make out with her.
>>
>>85245517
He did kill his fellow robber in the flashback, might have been a common thing.
>>
>>85219475
Racism is OK. Just don't make fun of non whites
>>
File: 1459043818339.jpg (46KB, 376x281px) Image search: [Google]
1459043818339.jpg
46KB, 376x281px
>>85245649
Mouth to mouth resuscitation then. Batman instigating the kiss makes no sense, Harley instigating it does, she's done it before for the shock value.

>>85245696
It's already been established that this movies problems lie in the editing room, so this scene could just be another victim of poor decision making.
>>
File: joker motp .jpg (3KB, 240x206px) Image search: [Google]
joker motp .jpg
3KB, 240x206px
>>85228610
After the TKJ, there where a lot of things that broke that rule, both comics and tv/movies. You can almost credit TDK for removing the emphasis on a persona before he was the Joker; at least as far as adaptations are concerned.

I love BTAS, but even they pulled this.I don't mind depicting the Joker's face before, but giving him a name and occupation muddies things up. Hell, even depicting his face can give away too much; Bolland drew him as a sad sack, and MOTP pre-Joker looked like a smug asshole. If he was definitely a criminal before, it makes the change less dramatic. I like how Moore added the ambiguity of the Red Hood being a persona for multiple people; it made it so that it wasn't clear if he was a criminal before, or if it was just a one shot thing gone wrong.

I didn't mind it since it was just Harley's perception of Joker with regular skin and hair. Not necessarily what he looked like before. For all we know he had a completely different hairstyle and never dressed in a suit before. This Joker wasn't really physically deformed like Nicholson's and Ledger's, so he can pass as an everyday person with some color changes.
>>
>>85245522
Waller's interests are America's interests, silly. Whether the United States knows that or not.
>>
>>85245231
I am glad that the one thing I haven't seen anybody defend is that final fight with Enchantress.

God that was just fucking stupid
>>
>>85246121
The don't have the balls
>>
>>85243895
This. Are there any Enchantress figures besides the Pop?
>>
>>85244118
>>85244141
>>85244162

I liked it but I want this movie.
>>
>>85244623
Nah, it's not bad. You can definitely see the cuts but when it's good it's really good. I might go see it again.

If there's a directors cut it'll be excellent though.
>>
>>85245649
It was fucking CPR you ignorant cuck.

>hurr durr bamham a rapist!
Fuck off back to tumblr mouseketeer
>>
>>85245032
Joker has literally never been funny. For like 15 years he's just been insane.

Letos Joker was spot on.
>>
>>85245032

>But the bigger problem to me, is pacing. It feels like we're watching DC's take on Avengers, but without ANY worldbuilding beyond BvS, which was a bit of a shitshow in its own right. Imagine an Avengers filmed without Iron Man, Thor, or Captain America films. It would be fucky as all get-out because we'd get a cliffnotes-tier backstory on major characters, and as a result either not understand them, or you get nothing at all, which to me is what Captain Boomerang is.

It's not an Avengers movie. It's a Suicide Squad movie. You don't need 12 movies to set up the Dirty Dozen. You don't need 7 prequels for the Magnificent Seven.
>>
>>85245104
>Every character in a movie needs a prequel

marlel everyone
>>
>>85246121
The final fight with Enchantress in her dirty costume WAS good though. Everything was in shadow and you could only see her glowing eyes.

She couldn't cut anybody because muh PG-13
>>
>>85245522
If they leaked anything the rest of the world would know America enlisted Task Force X and almost killed the world.
>>
I thought it was better than Guardians. Sue me.
>>
>>85247120

I agree, we didn't need 12 movies. But a Batman to introduce the Joker and his character would have been nice.
>>
>>85218388
What was even the point of including her? I like Katana, but she added nothing to the movie. I really want to know the thought process.
>>
>>85247501
Why do we need an introduction to the Joker? Everybody knows who he is.

MCU has used Thanos as a background character and nobody even knows shit about him. Everybody knows who Batman and the Joker are.
>>
>>85247517
She got cut.
>>
Why did Amanda Waller kill all those civilians working on the computers?
>>
>>85247593
No one can know the truth of what happened. I was genuinely shocked when she murdered those people, but it fits her character
>>
>>85247063
I fear the day when someone needs resuscitation and you're the only one around.
>>
>>85247593
Because they weren't cleared for the mission. She says as much.

Only Waller was part of the mission because she was important. The others could spill the beans that the US Government released Enchantress and almost destroyed the world, as well as using her to steal international government secrets, either of which would be grounds to start a war with the US.
>>
>>85247651
I hope you someday need resusitation and get raped instead
>>
>>85247175
>final fight with enchantress was good
Yeah, especially because she could have just instantaneously teleported everyone into the middle of the ocean or a volcano or something instead of fighting them in close quarters.

Oh, wait. Not it's not, because it's just her being retarded for the sake of the plot.
>>
>>85247701
I hope you finish high school someday. They teach you things like spelling, grammar, and how to actually perform CPR.
>>
>>85247765
>Yeah, especially because she could have just instantaneously teleported everyone into the middle of the ocean or a volcano or something instead of fighting them in close quarters.
When does the movie establish that she can teleport others?
>>
>>85247765
>The blue guy in GoG had to land on the planet and wait for the danceoff to finish before hitting it with his hammer to blow it up
>>
>>85247799
>character pulls character out of water
>checks pulse
>puts mouth on other characters mouth
>"OMG HES RAPING HER REEEEEEEEE"

at least this will lead to people being afraid to save women from death.
>>
>>85247811
It would have been great if he just went along with it and blew everyone up afterwards.
>>
>>85219830
>But they also don't soften him with it. At no point does his time with his kid ever diminish the bad things he does. His daughter isn't an excuse, he could do well at other things than killing, he just doesn't WANT to.
That last scene really hammers it home. Helping her with math homework, and he still talks about shooting.
>>
>>85247175
The fight itself sucked. She literally could have called the lightning down on them at any time, plus not to mention the unintended hilarity of her fighting with them for a while and then just jacking all their weapons, no problem
>>
>>85244623
I paid $5 to see it at a dinky theater this morning for a matinee.
For $5, it was fine. It was a clusterfuck, but it was entertaining enough. I wouldn't pay full price to see it in IMAX 3D or anything though.
>>
>>85244980
It was a funny contrast to Katana. We hardly ever see the Deadshot mask, but we only get one brief shot of Katana with her mask off. I felt a little bad for the actress for being such an nonentity in the movie.
>>
>>85248255
>Katana does jack shit all movie
>Harley uses her sword to deliver the blown that would lead to Enchantress loss

Also
>We cannot beat these interdimensional magical beings with our magic swords, magic fire or bullets!
>But we can murder the ever fucking shit out of them with explosives though.
>>
>>85244118
>>85244141
>>85244162
It's actually mind-boggling they would remove any of this and even despite all that the movie still manages to be entertaining but holy shit WB must be run by total morons, this could have easily been 9 or 10/10 film without all the butchering.
>>
>>85249562
current Hollywood models show unlikeable and depressing characters don't bring in the audiences
>>
Reminder that there were two cuts that were combined to make the final movie.

One cut the director's darker vision.
The other cut, favored by the studio, made by a company that makes trailers, in the spirit of the pop-infused jokey trailer that tested well.
>>
>>85247811
He landed on the planet because, as far as he was concerned, he was fucking invincible and wanted to gloat. He waited for the dance off to finish because he absolutely fucking astounded the guy was acting like a crazy person. Which was for all of like, 30 seconds, and there was no actual dance off because it was just Quill acting like a buffoon to distract him.

People act like GotG had some dance off ending when it was just a distraction and GotG actually ended with the power of friendship and genetics.
>>
>>85239778
gangsta by kehlani
>>
>>85250109
Oh I forgot, apparently he had to actually hit the ground with the infinity gem weapon to unleash the genocide wave? That too.
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 750x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 750x375px
Is El Diablo this cool in the comics?
>>
>>85249562
While watching, I couldn't help but think this would be an awesome 10 episode Netflix series, rather than a 2 hour movie.
>>
>>85247142
>Having a film to introduce a character is bad
>Forcing a bunch of characters into a single 2 hour film and trying to introduce them all at once is good

Seriously, kill yourself, because thats what ruined BvS.
It worked more in SS, but even then, it lead to alot of pacing problems that could have been avoided, since we have multiple characters backstories to get through.
>>
>>85247804
When she teleported Flagg while making her escape.
>>
File: the-dirty-dozen-1.jpg (223KB, 1469x1112px) Image search: [Google]
the-dirty-dozen-1.jpg
223KB, 1469x1112px
>>85251519
Where can I see the other 12 movies in this series?
>>
Which scene in the movie that would require therapist to make sure their actors doesn't go batshit insane? Didn't see anything like that in movie.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jul/01/suicide-squad-stars-have-on-set-therapist
>>
>>85218684

Was this an Oz reference?
>>
>>85251667
Squad members didnt need their own movies but WB sucked dick at the exposition and developing them.
>>
>>85243580
Heres how it goes Anon, as has been spelt out many times in this thread.

>Joker gets annoyed that this "guy" is oogling his woman
>Gives him two options, fuck his woman or don't
>If he doesn't fuck Harley, even while she's asking if he wants to, he's disrespecting him, so Joker kills him
>If he does fuck Harley, he just fucked Joker's woman, and he kills him for that

Either way, Joker's gonna kill him
>>
>>85252151

and its a bit from every mobster film in existence beat for beat.

Joker playing more like your standard Bond or Die Hard baddie than Joker.
>>
>>85243580
>>85242694
>>85222057

>>85220237
>I don't get why this scene is so hard for people.
>A guy walks in and oggles Joker's girl. That disrespects Joker as the boss. Joker is offended and teaches him a lesson. Joker tells the guy "alright, she's yours."
>The guy has two choices- reject Joker's gift, offend him, and get killed, or accept, touch Joker's property, and get killed. That's why the guy freaks out. He KNOWS he fucked up.
>This isn't hard if you've ever seen a gangster movie.

Please read the thread
>>
>>85247864

>mfw people whining that Bats holds her down by her throat after he resuscitated her

She literally tried to cut him while he was saving her from drowning and he knows how unpredictable she is so why is that such an issue for some people?
>>
>>85222634
That "Joker Vision" stuff is pure garbage. Who thought that was a good idea.
>>
File: 1468736283001.webm (2MB, 978x764px) Image search: [Google]
1468736283001.webm
2MB, 978x764px
>>85252300

Forgot my face
>>
>>85251816
Probably more a calming therapist so they didn't kick the shit out of Leto.

They talk it out so they don't beat him every day.
>>
>>85251888
Slippy couldn't have been Death Flagged any harder had they shown the comic panel.
>>
>>85251343
>I'm cool homes
>>
>>85236318
Knowing Waller, those flares might have just been markers for a strike bomber to take down the building the SS was up in. You know how she is about loose threads.
>>
>>85217864
what is an adaptation?
>>
>>85219733
For the first half hour, until it starts focusing on Joker and cheapens the first game's entire point with its finale.
>>
File: h-honka honka.png (1MB, 485x1731px) Image search: [Google]
h-honka honka.png
1MB, 485x1731px
>>
File: 1451340200047.jpg (68KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1451340200047.jpg
68KB, 700x1000px
>>85217864
>Joker actually loves Harley back in a romantic fashion in this movie. Still a fucked up version of love, but not the usual 'favorite gun or pet' that you see in comics. Actual, full blown, kissy kissy goo goo I lurv you romance.

You're all damned fools if you thought for a cunting minute that they would adapt Mista J's & Harley's relationship faithfully in this current political climate.
>>
>>85257183
They apparently did, and then the Trailer Park Boys cut it all out.

That's why Leto is so pissed.
>>
>>85235471
It was s blinkand you'll miss it thing, but when he got stabbed and pulled out the wad of cash on the knife, the wad of cash was in the unicorn
>>
>>85257394
>>85257394
>That's why Leto is so pissed.
what?
>>
>>85257972
It still wasn't comic book relationship Harley and Joker, but it was closer to it with Letoker being really abusive to Harlot.
>>
>>85219328
that joke was definitely reshoot "we need to make this movie funny" stuff
>>
>>85219462
yeah, It was painfully obvious that he only existed to show that the bombs worked.
>>
>>85220808
And he is right to fear them
>>
>>85219899

Final fight was shit
>>
>>85220237

This. Myself and all of my friends (who aren't even into comics) all understood immediately that Joker was fucking with that dude. It's not hard to pick up if you're not some autist who sees cucking in everything I guess.
Thread posts: 503
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.