[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scenario: DC Studios has just been created by Warner Bros. in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: dc studios.jpg (167KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
dc studios.jpg
167KB, 1024x512px
Scenario:

DC Studios has just been created by Warner Bros. in a last ditch effort to save the DCEU. They've seemingly decided to stop meddling and let DC make their own movies. You're in charge. The catch is, you have to save the DCEU in its current state. No rebooting. And no time travel/Flashpoint that erases the first 3 films for at least 7 years. What do you do?
>>
>>85216758
>They've seemingly decided to stop meddling
Aye?
>The catch is
Fuck off.
>>
>>85216758

Hire someone to murder Kevin Feige and sabotage the productions of further Marvel movies.
If Disney plays dirty (bribing critics), we can do it too.
>>
>>85216758
Fire Snyder
Fire Johns
Fire Timm for shits and giggles while I'm at it

Suck Miller's dick, get him to direct it and oversee it. Suck Waid and Morrison's dicks, get them to give a bare bones pitch on a stand alone, 2 hour movie, bring in Kelly to write it.
>>
>>85216854
>bribing critics
Anon what makes more sense, Disney are bribing critics, or WB (who have had a terrible number of years creatively and have been shitting the bed on just about every property of theirs post Harry Potter) are fuck ups?
>>
>>85216854
>the fictional bribing of critics is the same as murder

DelusionalCucks, everyone.
>>
>>85216854
>If Disney plays dirty (bribing critics), we can do it too.

Yes, there is a bias against DC but there's no conspiracy that Marvel's paying them off.

Marvel doesn't care at this point if DC is successful or not.
>>
>>85216854
How pathetic is your life?
>>
/co/ is going to jump on this with shitty strawmans but here goes.

I would honestly take some cues from the MCU movies. I would make them more "fun" as much (as /co/ is going to say "le quips" or childish things). More fun to me doesn't mean they need to be less serious, but at the same time, we don't need our comic book movies to be some masterful art films to justify why we like comics. I want some line between a movie that takes itself seriously but also can be fun.

Like the MCU I would change the tone based on the story we would want to tell. Some characters get the MCU movie treatment, others the netflix treatment.

I would try to avoid the MCU's more serious faults of course, but the movies are popular because they are what people want, /co/ has some valid reasons for being upset with them, but I think /co/ takes for granted we live in a universe where we had the airport battle from Civil War in a fucking blockbuster movie, popcorn flick or not. I couldn't have imagined that as a kid growing up with comics, and that is why I like the MCU format even with its flaws and that's why they are so popular. Sometimes you need a good action popcorn flick with comedic relief.

Specifically I would tone down the comic relief, IM3 was probably the worst MCU film to me because the comedy was far to stuffed in while trying to be serious.

I would also try to make Henry Cavil open up more as the character, bring superman to his charismatic self, have Batman following his lead after BVS and Justice League (/co/'s going to hate this, but I'd aim for somewhere between BTAS bats and grittier, I think Afflek could do it)

Also I'm on pain meds now so this is a mess
>>
>>85216758
Make good movies
There that's it
>>
>>85217311
I would hire better editors first.

Both BvS and SS had terrible editing and it's what ruined the movies for me. I wasn't a huge fan of MoS, but fuck me that movie is so much better than these two because they didn't butcher it and turned it into a mess. WB really needs to take a step back and stop changing shit at the last moment. Snyder also needs to learn how to make a coherent 2 hour movie, of course your shit movie is so much worse if you have to cut an hour of screentime. Whedon also had the same problem with AoU, he filmed too much shit and then he had to cut out a lot of the movie. Their egos are too big, you can't expect a studio to be okay with your 4 hour blockbuster.
>>
I'd keep Snyder as ...a consultant? I like some of his imagery. But I wouldn't want 2 directors on a film unless it was the Coens or the Russos.
I'd let Wonder Woman happen as planned.
I have to really look at Justice League and gauge how it was going. I feel like the critics will destroy it no matter what happens.
After that, Affleck's Batman movie. Simply titled "Arkham Asylum". 95% of the movie taking place on Arkham Island. Since we're in a post-heyday Batman, just have this veteran stuck in the asylum with his entire career's worth of captures and really give Leto and Robbie a chance to shine. Cameos galore that actually make sense contextually. Possibly have the first great Riddler in film.
The Flash still in development. Probably just let them copy the excellent show.
Aquaman, same thing. Might be good as is.
Shazam eh. Maybe?
Cyborg film cancelled. No one wants that shit.
Superman 2 directed by not Zack Snyder.
>>
>>85216758
Keep Superman dead, introduce Superboy as the new Superman.
Push Justice League back to after Solo Flash and Solo Wonderwoman, at least.
Recast Lex Luthor.
>>
>>85218479
>recast

Whoops I forgot to specify that in the OP. None of that. You have to work in the universe that has been dealt to you.
>>
>>85218505
Kill off Lex, replace him with his never before mentioned son.
>>
>>85218546
So you essentially want Lex Luthor's grandson.
>>
File: b4f.jpg (24KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
b4f.jpg
24KB, 600x451px
>Man of Steel 2 directed by Steven Spielberg, he could get the balance of seriousness and warmth & hope right & he might have enough pull to prevent them butchering it in editing.

>100% drop the Superman going bad notion, have him having sacrificed himself changed the future for the better.

>Do stuff with him, Lois & even Perry reporting as a team.

>Maybe do a Superman Wonder Woman team up movie with Faora returning from the Phantom Zone with amnesia and Diana takes her to her island to heal and be contained. Her memory returns in secret and she wants revenge on Superman but at the same time she has grown to see earth as worth protecting, in the end she forgives Superman and sacrifices herself to stop some bigger threat (cronus?)
>>
>>85216758
Swamp Thing. The edgy Batman crowd will love it as it would be a dark/ revenge/ body horror film, and you could try to bring in fans of the book.
>>
>Get rid of shared universe. Let the director's do whatever they want. There's a reason best cape movies exist outside of MCU and DCCU.

Diversify outside of capeshit. Cape characters can be and have been used in horror, fantasy, sci fi, slice of life, war, noir, surrealist, pseudo mythology and pulp stories.
>>
>>85219220
>>Man of Steel 2 directed by Steven Spielberg

Shit! I'd watch that
>>
Fast track batfleck movie, delay justice league, leave cavilman dead, fast track flash, introduce the concept of the multiverse, bring Matthew Vaughan on to direct justice league, have Kevin spacey come back as lex luthor senior, with professor zoom (introduced in flash solo) lex opens up the multiverse , justice league forms, we bring tom welling In to replace cavillman, like superman rebirth and appease all the whiny "muh superman" haters
>>
>>85218546
No, no. The time traveling father of the Lex in BvS
>>
Justice League International. Imagine Nextwave, but in DC form.
>>
>>85216758

Justice League: Superman comes back from the dead via the Specter resurrecting him through the phantom zone (and freeing Krypto, the dog his parents genegeneered for him). In the final battle Superman is beaten back by the sudden intervention of Darkseid , Wonderwoman and Aquaman injured and Batman apparently dies by Omega Beam, after which the flash gives his life to knock the apparently unkillable Darkseid back to apokalips (running round the world, infinite mass punch), grievously wounding the GOD OF EVIL THE TIGER-FORCE AT THE CORE OF ALL THINGS, and Cyborg closes and locks the boomtube.

The 2018 Flash movie becomes a Wally West movie, in which Barry Allen's nephew Wally is investigating his uncles disappearance, stumbles into an experimental machine that gives him speedforce, becomes "Kid Flash" and over the movie comes to be the fully realised Flash with the help of a time travel Jay Garick.
Lots of jokes, Wally is a dick
In the finale we find that Barry Allen is alive but stuck in the speedforce, he helps out.
During the movie Superman is obviously around doing superhero stuff, and seems to have adopted a much happier and open persona despite his death, resurrection and the harrowing event of Justice League
Definitely more of an upbeat movie after the kind of downer ending of Justice League.

The 2018 Aquaman movie heavily features Wonderwoman, queen of one undersea nation Mera and the outcast from the royal family of another Garth/Aqualad. Its about Aquaman attempting to keep the undersea kingdoms from breaking apart after the apparent but not actual defeat of Darkseid. Aquamans brother calling himself Oceanmaster turns out to be trying to destabilize the kingdoms to open them up for his attempted conquest (largely political but also physical) by hiring the terrorist Black Manta, undersea operator with an EXTREME hatred of Aquaman, that eclipses even ocean masters own.
Thematically more like the Snyder movies than action/comedy The Flash,
>>
File: CA_Supermovies_3-1-2016.jpg (615KB, 1280x1892px) Image search: [Google]
CA_Supermovies_3-1-2016.jpg
615KB, 1280x1892px
>>85221740

Get the Batfleck movie aimed for the end of 2018, but with leeway, let Affleck develop his own vision- maybe its pre justice league, maybe batman survives, maybe its The Return of Bruce Wayne, maybe its something else. Give him the whole view of the coming movies and let him make it his own thing.

The 2019 SHAZAM movie is a Shazam Family movie and features superman heavily, at first angry that this power has been forced onto children, but later coming to accept it and act as a mentor for the group. The first villain would not be Black Adam, but the evil scientist Doctor Sivana and the mind controling alien parasite Mr Mind. Its more of a kids movie. Doctor Fate also appears in the movie, but not in a major role, more a kind of mysterious person wandering through the rock of eternity, and appearing at the end to take possession of a mysterious alien object the villains were using.

The 2019 Justice League movie is a Justice League International movie, in which a new league has been set up by billionaire (and secret psychic) Maxwell Lord. The new league is lead by Cyborg, and includes Wally West, the russian Rocket Red Dmitri Pushkin (on loan from the russian government), the asylum seekers from Apokolips Mr Miracle and Big Barda, the jerkass time traveler Booster Gold, the scientist and adventurer Ted Kord/Blue Beetle, Tora Olafsdaughter/Ice from an isolated group of Sami magic users and the Brazilian mystic metahuman Fire/Beatriz Da Costa.
Maxwell would also be a "personal friend" Captain Marvel/Shazam and knows how to call upon the mysterious Doctor Fate.
Its more of a superhero comedy, with our perspective characters being Cyborg who takes the place of Captain Atom, Ice who is our neurotic newbie audience analogue, and the Booster Gold/Blue Beetle comedy duo. Lots of time on character work, interaction, development.
>>
>>85217980
The editor on BvS won an Oscar for editing. The problem wasn't him, it was WB hiring multiple editors beyond the ones the director hired to make the movie how they want it to please audiences and maximize profit.
>>
>>85221832
Is there a chart that just has the big 2 and Fox on it?
>>
>>85221832
I'm starting to think that Affleck is going to drop out once JL comes out and everyone hates it. I really don't think he wants to direct a DC movie at this point anymore. WB deserves this shit for what they've done.
>>
>>85221832

The 2020 Cyborg movie is partially about him going it alone and leaving the JLI and its constant fuckups, his personal/legal battle with S.T.A.R. labs who may or may not own most of his body and operating system and physical battle with the A-MAZ Operating system robot (AMAZO), but is also about Cyborg bringing the Justice League back together.
The high king of all the sea Arthur Curry/Aquaman, the ambassador of themyscira Wonderwoman, the now brighter and more open Superman and the mysterious newly appeared Batman, who half of the league think is Bruce. Who it actually is depends on the Battfleck movie, but it would be a big reveal.
Barry Allen also joins, of his own accord, much to everyone else annoyance, though they let it slide, because he is by a now more centered (and powerful) Flash.

The 2020 Green Lantern movie is in the first act an interwar Alan Scott movie, a sort of Mystic Noir Detective movie about a guy who finds a magic lamp and founds the Justice Society member, a secret society of vigilantes.

The second act is about a now old man Alan Scott discovering the lamp is alien in nature, and fully activating it, descoving what the Green Lantern Corps is and drawing an emissery of the corps, (abin sur) to attempt to collect it, only to be mortally wounded in his descent to earth by the traitor lantern Sinestro , who hopes to claim the "forgotten" lamp to start his own group of lanterns.
In the crash Abin Sur's lamp breaks, and he gives his ring to Hal Jordan who attempts to save him.

The third is Sinestro recruiting human scientist Hector Hammond by offering him the broken lamp (which he uses to "evolve" himself), Hal meeting Alan when the ring and lamp draws them together, and defeat some "magically evolved" monsters attacking Alan's home of coast city.

In the Finale Hal and Alan fight Sinestro and the now evolved Hector together, eventually giving the lamp to Hal who wins the fight, At the end Alan retires and Hal goes off to Oa.
>>
>>85221906
If he does the Batman movie would probably need to go ahead anyway, to try and leverage the brand more. Having Batfleck (apparently) die at the end of Justice League would give more working room if Affleck wants out.

Probably it would be better to have a "new batman" at the head of Justice League 2 / International than Cyborg for brand recognition alone.

Maybe even go so far as if Affleck wants out use the Batman movie as a solo vehicle to generate certain cash, make it a super slick Batman Of The Future movie, or something more along the lines of Batman The Animated Series, a stand alone, family friendly movie good for pushing merch and drawing back the core fans.

Actually, having THE OMEGA BEAM THE DEATH THAT IS LIFE boot you into an alternate universe rather than a past life, and force you to survive could be a good set-up for a more family friendly Btas style movie.

It could be cool to see Snyder!Bruce try to adapt.
>>
>>85216758
I do everything I can to scam DC out of their money and then at the end of my contract I run away with it all and start a new life in south east asia as a rich, rich man.

If you expected anything different, then you're a fool, I don't know the first thing about making movies.
>>
>>85221898
Just had a look and couldnt find one. The CA is unfortunately the only really complete one that is easy to find.
>>
>>85222096
by "brand recognition/lever the brand" i just mean its easier to make a profit off a batman movie, and if it can be done with anything even like competency its pretty much certain profit of merchandising alone

and any DC Studio would NEED that money
>>
>>85221976
Would watch the GL saga, nicely done anon.
>>
>>85216758
No need to reboot. Just

1. add color
2. stop trying to be gritty
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.