[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is anyone looking forward to the Tick reboot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: The tick.jpg (341KB, 1600x1108px) Image search: [Google]
The tick.jpg
341KB, 1600x1108px
So is anyone looking forward to the Tick reboot?
>>
>>85216275
I'll give it an episode or two, because Edlund's involved.
>>
>>85216275
actually...no.
>>
I would be, but the casting seems off.
>>
>>85216323
I know what you mean I think it feels off without Patrick
>>
I'll give it a chance, but I"m not looking forward to it.
>>
The first live-action series was so perfect that I can't get excited at the prospect of another one.

The idea of taking The Tick and making it into the most mundane, boring, Seinfeld-esque comedy possible was a fantastic idea. Edlund went so far in the other direction from the cartoon that it wrapped around and became amazing again.
>>
File: patrick-warburton-as-the-tick.jpg (111KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
patrick-warburton-as-the-tick.jpg
111KB, 660x660px
>>85216323

You know, back in the day, I didn't like The Tick because of Warburton's well-lined face and his "just fucked a lemon" expressions. But I gave in and watched it, and it was hilarious. I'm going to give this The Tick a chance because of my past mistake and it will suck, because that's how things work.
>>
>Ben Edlund
>Peter Serafinowicz
>Jackie Earle Haley
I'd be a fool not to
>>
>>85216801
warburton's suit actually looks cool, the new one is just...wow...
>>
>>85216897

All of Amazons' shows are cheap as fuck outside of Man In The High Castle and that Shawn Ryan show no one watched.

Some of their series make the low-budget work well(Bosch is gorgeous) but this one is going to hurt.
>>
File: TheTerror.jpg (1MB, 3900x2700px) Image search: [Google]
TheTerror.jpg
1MB, 3900x2700px
>>85216275
Yes, because I want to see this and what they do with other villains.

But I'm a little turned off by how cringe looking the new Tick actor is ... He doesn't fit the roll at all.
>>
>>85216989
Amazons is cool.
>>
>>85217788
Peter Serafinowicz fits any and all roles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XWxHJlb1fI
>>
Does anyone know if they have the rights to use American maid in this one? Or anyone the cartoon characters for that matter
>>
>>85216275
Nope
>>
>>85216275
Not in the least.
>>
>The Tick is the best one season wonder show even surpassing Freaks and Geeks

This is a fact.
>>
I'll give it an episode or two just to sate my curiosity, but I'm not exactly looking forward to it, nor do I expect to enjoy it.
>>
>>85216275

Wouldn't mind a new cartoon but live action is a mistake.
>>
>>85217788
That gun is a painted Ruger Mk III, I love that gun.
>>
>>85216275

I'll give it a go. There's been no version of The Tick I haven't enjoyed and this has the original creator on-board, so there's reason to be optimistic.

There was a brief moment when I found the look of the new outfit a bit off-putting, but then I realized that they were trying to make it look a bit chitinous like a carapace or something and then I kind of liked it. No objections so far.

Ask me again once I've seen a trailer.
>>
Is Chairface Chippendale going to be in it? This is what will determine whether I watch it or not.
>>
>>85216275

Not at all.
>>
>>85220826
how the fuck would you do that in live action?
>>
>>85221457
The same way you do a headless man costume, just attach a chair to the neck.
>>
File: evil-geeks-nycc-030.jpg (198KB, 510x768px) Image search: [Google]
evil-geeks-nycc-030.jpg
198KB, 510x768px
>>85221457
At the bare minimum, this but removing the black mask with CGI. You do realizing special effects can do literally anything, right?
>>
>>85216275
>live action
No!
>>
>>85218458
Yeah. I was thrown off, but then somewhat amazed that it looks like an actual bug exoskeleton. Kinda weird, but not bad.

I also think this is a modern Tick to make fun of the modern superhero boom.
>>
>>85216275
The texture of that suit makes it look really creepy.
>>
>>85216275
Edlund's involved, so yes. That makes it have a better chance at being good, compared to generic cape shows on CW and Netflix. I hope we get something different again, like how the show differed from the cartoon and the comic.
>>
>>85216275
whatever happened to good ol spandex
>>
This is going to be amazing.
>>
>>85221957
The Tick is a superhero parody. Modern superheroes wear freaky organic looking shit when they aren't wearing tacticool gear or basketball skins. Ergo, modern Tick is disgusting.
>>
>>85221545
>You do realizing special effects can do literally anything, right?
Bring my dad back.
>>
File: 1457284851730.jpg (91KB, 600x437px) Image search: [Google]
1457284851730.jpg
91KB, 600x437px
>>85222380
Done.
>>
>>85222380
There's a hologram of Tupac and of Orville Redenbacher,
>>
>>85222411
No joke that's what my dad looks like
>>
>>85221457
Sexily.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.