[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jared Leto Joker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (43KB, 619x412px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 619x412px
I liked him tbqh. I thought his scenes were the best part of the movie (aside from Waller). . He was like a creepy David Bowie cholo gangsta. And I liked how he liked to keep touching people.

I would watch a whole movie with Jared Leto's Joker. Hope Ben Affleck gives him a bigger role in his movie.
>>
He was like a creepy David Bowie cholo gangsta.

That sounds awful desu
>>
I have no opinion on Leto Joker because he was only in the movie for like less than 7 minutes and I'm pretty sure they cute a lot of things that would have defined his character.

HUNKA HUNKA was terrible though

Also on that note, that specific moment in your pic in the trailers wasn't even in the movie for example.
>>
>>85215845
I'm honestly really fucking excited for the director's cut.
>>
File: 73zuCh1qgh75xo1_500.png (329KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
73zuCh1qgh75xo1_500.png
329KB, 480x480px
Ledger felt the same way, op
>>
I didn't mind him at all. I didn't like him as much as I liked Nicholson's (nosltalgia bias tho), but I thought he did a good job with the new redesign.

The movie itself was on the low end of mediocre, but the critics are tearing it a new asshole. The problem with that is regardless of what you thought of it, Leto will go down as the worst Joker in history and will be treated like an actual joke (and not the kind he likes.)
>>
>>85215793
It's the only time in cinematic history that i've felt The Joker come off as intimidating. You could see why other people would be scared of this man.

I didn't get that from Heath and Jack. They were both fine Joker's, they just didn't feel ready to snap at a moments notice.
>>
MOMS GONNA FREAK!
>>
>>85215899
No he won't. For one thing, he'll be redeemed throughout the DCEU. All of the actor's are doing great with the characters. Ben is the best Batman we've had too. But WB is just a garbage company and stop ruining these people's careers.
>>
>>85215869
Your threads keep getting deleted for a reason dumbass
>>
Wasn't 'muh' Joker, but his performance was at least interesting.
>>
>>85215939
>>It's the only time in cinematic history that i've felt The Joker come off as intimidating. You could see why other people would be scared of this man.
I really did not.

He was way way too low-key to be scared of him. Maybe if they hadn't cut half his scenes he could have shined more but the craziest thing he did was shoot some people and talk weird.

Quick cuts with jarring color tones=!scary
>>
>>85215939
Ledger's "LOOK AT ME" was great.
>>
yeah, but his role in here is completely useless. Should've make him as main villain or introduced him on next Batman movie.
>>
>>85215793
He was definitely creepy but to me all of his scenes outside of flashbacks seemed very out of place. Really didn't impact me at all because the plot would bump to a halt and go "now it's a Joker scene."
>>
This shit right here is why everyone hates dc fans.

You won't see disneyfags making threads about the thor movies.

You won't see any raimifags defending spiderman 3.

You won't see x-fags praising x3.

But dc fans not only praise the shitty dceu, they even claim it's a masterpiece. And not even in the "fuck you I liked it sense".

Pretty much the worst fandom on co since furfags and mlpfags
>>
>>85215793
Leto is the reason I'm not watching suicide squad
>>
File: Joker.png (610KB, 725x660px) Image search: [Google]
Joker.png
610KB, 725x660px
>>85215845
>HUNKA HUNKA was terrible though
That shit was like straight from Carrey's The Mask and I loved it.

>I want no beef with you, Joker
>Oh, you want no beef? You WANT no BEEF?

Loved every second.
>>
>>85216332
Wat the movie may be shit but Leto didn't do a bad job with what he was giving that's the point of the thread idiot

He's definitely better than Will "DeadWillSmith" Smith and Margot "SluttyGirlWithaBat" Robie

Those two should be fucking ashamed. Only good scenes with will were when he was with his daughter
>>
>>85215793
To be perfectly honest I thought he was fucking shit, there wasn't one moment in the 10 or so minutes he was on screen that I thought he was insane or even close to it, he just seemed like an overpossessive generic gangster. I really wanted to like it too but it was just fucking awful.
Also >That shitty "I want to be Ledger" voice
>>
>>85217217
>Unironically liking shit.
The new millennium is shit.
>>
>>85215793
I thought he was passable but not great. Same could be said of the movie as a whole imo
>>
Leto was pretty inconsistent with his performance, both the voice and his mannerisms seemed to change with each new scene, it was pretty jarring to me.

The scenes I liked best were his intro in arkham, the kiss the ring moment and when he woke up with the shit scribbled all over his face, those were real Joker moments for me.

I absolutely hated how he kept changing his voice, especially in the helicopter where he sounded like Nixon from Futurama.

>I have some grape soda on ice and a bear skin rug we can share, AROO
>>
YOU DON'T WANT NO BEEF
>>
>>85217853

HUNKA HUNKA

Seriously though, the over-exaggeration was pretty bad.
>>
I liked the scene where he was sitting on that guard's lap.
>>
>>85217747
I liked that actually. Joker as a character is pretty inconsistent so it works.
>>
File: JyQ8kirJkszZ.gif (2MB, 360x148px) Image search: [Google]
JyQ8kirJkszZ.gif
2MB, 360x148px
>>85218726
Easily one of his best scenes that they didn't cut
>>
>>85218814

I don't think it translated well if that was the intention. If he had a larger part and we could see him change over the course of the movie, that would come off better.
>>
File: Jared-Leto-Joker-Suicide-Squad.jpg (96KB, 1800x900px) Image search: [Google]
Jared-Leto-Joker-Suicide-Squad.jpg
96KB, 1800x900px
>>85218982
Two words: cut content. The audience didn't respond well to Joker being evil. I hate this Marvelisation of villains.
>>
>Jared Leto put a lot of work into developing his Joker character in “Suicide Squad,” but fans will not be seeing much of it on the big screen.

>Half-way through the film, Joker’s helicopter crashes, and he doesn’t resurface until the final scene. When asked by IGN what happened, Leto responded, “That’s a good question.”

>“I have no idea,” he said. “I think he probably went and had a drink or something. Stretched – once you get blown up in a helicopter your muscles get a little tight.”

>While Leto initially seemed calm, his poker face went away when asked if he was upset about the scenes being cut.

>“Were there any that didn’t get cut? I’m asking you, were there any that didn’t get cut? There were so many scenes that got cut from the movie, I couldn’t even start,” he said. “If I die anytime soon, it’s probably likely that it’ll surface somewhere. That’s the good news about the death of an actor is all that stuff seems to come out.”

Holy shit, Leto is assblasted and with good reason
>>
>>85219185
fucking studio meddling, did they screentest this to their demographic or to fucking biblebelt obese middleage pieces of shit?
>>
>>85215863
There isn't one.
>>
>>85219731
>>85219731
There most certainly exists a director's cut and a WB meddling cut.
>>
>>85219691
>http://www.slashfilm.com/joker-deleted-scenes/
Apparently yes.
>>
>>85219774
If there is you won't be seeing it. Ayer has said there will be no director's cut edition and that this is the final and only cut. Maybe you'll get a fan-edit if the blu-ray deleted scenes are decent quality.
>>
>>85219842
For a split second I considered killing myself. But that's ok. Movie was p good.

h-hhh-h..h.hhh.h-h hhhh hh
>>
>>85219842

I have a good feeling there will be a director's cut even though he said that.

It's a good strategy for DC desu. "Didn't like the movie? Well here's the real cut on BluRay with all the missing scenes we took out!"
>>
https://youtu.be/Zracw8FQG6Y

This scene was pretty great. I wish it were longer.

He was like a mishmash of every live action Joker.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXwfYniTKsc
>>
I'd just like to have a look at his suit and Harley's original costume. Does anyone have a webm of that?
>>
I said it in another thread but i love that the joker was a criminal again
>>
>>85220445
I have a hard time judging the performance on its own merits because Leto is a complete douchebag in real life and his on-set behavior alone was unacceptable. The teeth and tattoos are also just terrible. "Mishmash f every live action Joker" does seem accurate enough, but it just doesn't quite feel right to me. He doesn't feel threatening at all. That's important.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (39KB, 919x895px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
39KB, 919x895px
>>85220541
>>
>>85220641
This looks really nice, I'll give them that. But it mostly just makes me sad for what could have been.
>>
>>85220625
>Leto is a complete douchebag in real life and his on-set behavior alone was unacceptable.

Relax grandpa. None of the cast had a problem with him.
>>
>>85220673
Will smith and Viola did.
>>
>>85220445
He doesn't feel like the joker, at all. He just feels like a generic goofy weirdo
>>
>>85220689
No they didn't.
>>
>>85220614
>I said it in another thread but i love that the joker was a criminal again
When was he not?
>>
>>85220733
Yes they did.
>>
>>85220706

He felt more like the Joker than Nicholson or Ledger.
>>
>>85215793
He was awful. There was nothing about him that screamed Joker.
>>
>>85220779
I don't know which joker you are using as a base for this metric, but he's not like any I care for.
>>
>>85220779
lol
>>
>>85220807
Let me guess, you've never read any comics and think Bruce Timm invented the Joker.
>>
>>85220877
You could always, you know, show me which joker you are using as your base metric rather than getting overly defensive and trying to be an insulting douchebag.
>>
>>85220877
It's really interesting how quickly you got so defensive and accusatory, simply because someone doesn't like this interpretation of the joker.
>>
File: joker cop.jpg (95KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
joker cop.jpg
95KB, 1200x800px
>>85215939
>Nicholson's "I'm glad you're dead"
>Ledger telling his story to the crying mobster with the knife
>>85217853
THE FIRE IN MY LOINS

The only Joker scene I liked was him saving Harley at the end as a guard. Mainly cause it reminded me of the police getup in the Dark Knight.
>>
Read

>Joker: Death Of The Family
>Batman Endgame

At /co/'s recommendation, see the Joker turned into the biggest faget of all time.

It's not hard to see why people actually like Leto's Joker least he's not as bad as modern comics Joker.

Who ever thought Le edgy madman Joker ripping his own face off was a good idea needs to be hung. No wonder shit tier DC needed to reboot YET AGAIN.
>>
>>85221007
I'll give you Endgame, but DoTF was pure shit.
>>
File: 0097-1273300782850.png (199KB, 461x336px) Image search: [Google]
0097-1273300782850.png
199KB, 461x336px
>>85221007
>No wonder shit tier DC needed to reboot YET AGAIN.
>>
>>85216171

I remember watching that scene in the theater. It was like the whole audience stopped breathing for a moment. You could have heard a goddamn pin drop.

Say what you will about Ledger's performance, but I think he got the intimidation part down pretty well.
>>
>>85220774
When snyder turned him into the ultimate edgelord and nolan turned him into an anarchist who
>>
>>85221304
They really fucked up by not starting the DCEU with TDK movies huh.
>>
>>85219080

>the audience didn't like a bad guy being bad

Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>85221353
The Nolanverse is too "realistic" for Superman to exist in it.
>>
>>85221353
They fucked up by falling for this Cinematic Universe meme instead of just making standalone movies. That's why TDK isn't going to be topped any time soon, it's not just a commercial for a sequel like every other comic book movie these days. Hollywood is pathetic.
>>
>>85221353

If The Dark Knight Rises hadn't been a thing, I'd be inclined to agree.
>>
>>85221374
That's why it would've been awesome. Killer Croc can exist. Real him up a bit. Slowly ease people into that shit. That's what Marvel did with Iron Man. Now we have intergalactic threats and other dimentions and straight up magic. But IM1 was very grounded.
>>
>>85221406
>That's why TDK isn't going to be topped any time soon
TDKR was better
>>
>>85221487
Go hang yourself /tv/. It's long overdue.
>>
>>85221514
no, not for that reason
>>
>>85215845
>HUNKA HUNKA was terrible though
>>/tv/
>>
>>85221336
>Nolan Joker wasn't a criminal

You have an extremely narrow definition of criminal that most people don't.
>>
>>85215793
So is he supposed to be like Jack Nicholson or Heath Ledger's son, I got that he was supposed to be the Joker's son but not which one?

also

>David Bowie

Don't reduce a complex musician and lifelong artistic performance to a single thing you read about on fucking Vulture, OP. You just stood there and said "aeroplanes are very birds".
>>
>>85221912
Leto said he talked to Grant Morrison about the Joker and they brought up David Bowie as an inspiration.
>>
>>85221963
Grant Morrison's a smackhead who can't even sell a tv script what the fuck does he know about movies or David Cunting Bowie

>>85221406
>That's why TDK isn't going to be topped any time soon

By?

I mean, literally any movie that entertains for a couple of hours is doing the job. TDK isn't high art, it's just a movie that won a pity oscar despite unusually low production values considering the budget it enjoyed. It's literally every bit as shitty and dumb as Batman Begins, the only difference is that you're a starfucker and you cry every tiem heat leger is on screen.
>>
>>85222000
This reeks of leafposting.
>>
>>85221838
He was breaki g the law sure but but that was just a tool to fuck shit up

Classic joker thinks of crime as an art form, he robs banks for money, he extorts, he tries to get paid, he has freinds in the mob hes very much a gangster
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie13dbqydTs
>>
Can we all just agree on one thing

Fuck Darnell fuck that guy he better not show up anywhere
>>
If I were to described Jared Leto's performance, it would be Cesar Romero's Joker as written by Frank Miller.
>>
I think he got screwed over by WB because they saw all the negative reactions to his designs alone ans then gor some reason cut his actual performance

I feel bad for Leto
>>
>>85215793
Both Nicholson and Ledger had the advantage of being the main villain of their respective films. Leto was little more than a side character. We didn't even really see him get to play off of Batfleck. That will be the true test of whether or not his Joker can carry a movie as the main villain.
>>
File: 1pUQwk7.jpg (541KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1pUQwk7.jpg
541KB, 1280x1280px
>>85220460
>no no no no
>>
>>85218814
The Joker isn't bipolar you mong.
>>
>>85223215
Not worth it. I don't want to waste a film on this idiot and forcing Affleck to put up with his method bullshit.
>>
>>85217540
You're shit, buddy
>>
>>85221353
They should've went from MoS to Batman that takes place over a decade to introduce his rouges and show how he's seen some shit then it ends with the intro of BvS when he looks up in the sky and sees Superman. Then we go to BvS and we don't need a long explanation of his motivations and leave room for Lex and WonderWoman to breathe and develop better. Leave Doomsday and death of Superman out and make them work together to stop lex in a suit or metallo. Then we go to SS with what the rouges have been up to with a nice Cameo by Batman then we move into JL.
>>
>>85215939
Are you kidding me? Nicholson joker was a monster and ledger joker was a crazy hobo how is that not dangerous?
>>
>>85217540
I wish I could be antisocial and hate shit and post about it on /co/.... fuck you and ur hate
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.