[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Wonder_Woman_(soundtrack).jpg (76KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder_Woman_(soundtrack).jpg
76KB, 400x400px
Are the DC animated movies any good? I´ve only seen Mask of the Phantasm and I was wondering. I´ve heard some are really bad. Which ones are the best?
>>
Most of them are. "Best" depends on which characters you like but most people like Under the Red Hood, First Flight and Emerald Knights.

Son of Batman and Batman vs. Robin are generally considered to be the worst ones though.
>>
>>85210872
The ones related to New52 are complete garbage. Every character talks and acts the same - like an immature asshole. Plus they're boring and have lousy animation. Avoid at all costs.
>>
Start from oldest to newest, they have constantly been getting lower budgets which makes them on par with mediocre tv animated movies. At that point you are better off reading the original source material.
>>
>>85210947
That's JL: War, Son of Batman, JL: Throne of Atlantis, Batman vs. Robin, Batman: Bad Blood and JL vs. Teen Titans for those of you who are keeping score at home.
>>
>>85210947
I really dislike any of the new ones with Damian. Fucking Gary Sue faggot. I mean we have Gary Sues and Mary Sues all the time in DC both animation and comics, but it can be written well. The movies with that shitbag though are terrible.

OP, I would recommend Flashpoint Paradox though, of any of the Nu52. It may not top MotP in my opinion but it's one of the only good Nu52 animated movies so far. TT was alright, if only for TT Raven and Star.
>>
File: Hey now, you're an all-star.jpg (162KB, 630x823px) Image search: [Google]
Hey now, you're an all-star.jpg
162KB, 630x823px
>>85210872
They've been getting steadily worse though the non New 52 ones are usually ok if you're not expecting anything mindblowing.

Gods and Monsters is the only recent one that I genuinely thought was good, but then I don't know how much of that stems from my assumption that it was going to be dogshit being well and truly proven wrong.

Assault on Arkham was the first good one for ages, but again that could just be by the virtue of it being better than the drek they'd been putting out for a while rather than it genuinely being good. The jury is still out for me.
>>
File: Bat cow.jpg (431KB, 764x1180px) Image search: [Google]
Bat cow.jpg
431KB, 764x1180px
>>85211003
I fucking love Damien in the comic if only for him having a genuinely good character arc in which you fucking hate him cause he's an arrogant little prick but you grow to like him because you see the person he is behind the walls he puts up to compensate for the pressure put on him as the son of Batman and the grandson of Ra's Al Ghul

Animated Damien is shite because every film resets him to uber arrogant little cunt so they can play out the "he was a nice boy all along" routine every damn time.
>>
>>85211089
Oh ya, I'm not talking about comic Damian, as I haven't read him. I'm just talking about this dumb faggot in the animated stuff.
>>
>>85211103
>/co/ doesn't read comics

Why am I surprised?
>>
>>85211046
This.
>>
File: WW.jpg (294KB, 850x1920px) Image search: [Google]
WW.jpg
294KB, 850x1920px
Are all the movies set in modern times? I wanted faithful adaptations but The Killing Joke wasn't 80s at all.
>>
Under the Red Hood sucks
Year One is good
Flashpoint Paradox is good
JL: War sucks

Those are the only ones I've seen.
>>
>>85214005
TKJ was all over the place dude.

>first 30 minutes were clearly set around modern times
>actual TKJ "segment" has 80's tech all over the place
>Joker flashbacks looking like they were set in the '50s

I understand what they were going for, but it bugged the hell out of me.

>>85214091
>Under the Red Hood sucks
Dems fightin' words.
>>
>>85214005
That scene really pissed me off.
>guy raises legit points about property damage
>WW attacks him with the lasso
>LOL Crossdressing
>complaints never brought up again
>>
>>85214091
Only thing I agree with you is that JL War sucks.
>>
Was The Dark Knight meant to be Nolan's take on The Killing Joke?
>>
New Frontier and Batman:Year One are good. Only watch the rest if you don't have to pay.
>>
Batman Gotham Nights, The New Frontier, Flashpoint, Crisis on two worlds are the bests.
>>
>>85214270
Same.
>>
File: life.jpg (156KB, 606x557px) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
156KB, 606x557px
>>85214270
>>85214613
Same here. Anyway, wasn't she fresh off the boat so to speak? How the fuck did these protesters even know who she was?

>>85214237
Well, I wouldn't say Under the Red Hood sucked, but i didn't care for it too much. I'm biased though, I loathe "batfamily" and shared universes.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.