[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best/worst golden era Adult Swim shows?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 1466744276584.jpg (109KB, 983x771px)
1466744276584.jpg
109KB, 983x771px
What are the best/worst golden era Adult Swim shows?
>>
>>85187725
Cowboy Bebop and Space Ghost: Coast to Coast defined [as]'s anime and original programming, respectively.

They've had plenty of top tier programming in the beginning, but having these two shows cemented the block as its own channel, seperate from Cartoon Network.
>>
World Peace
>>
But did Kagome ever find all 8 billion shards of the whatever jewel so they could, do something, with it? I don't even remember what the fuck they needed it for.
>>
>>85188060
It was the most powerful artifact in the universe, so she needed to reform it so Naraku wouldn't become a demon God with it.
>>
>>85188060
yes. It took awhile but Inuyasha's animated series ended in either 2014 or 2015 in the US. It was on hiatus for a long time while the new episodes were being negotiated for.
>>
>>85188060
>I don't even remember what the fuck they needed it for.
it was a MacGuffin power amplifier. In universe, a superstrong priestess died in a battle with 3 equally powerful demons, and their souls all crystallized together into a semi-sentient jewel that enhanced whomever had it. If you had impure thoughts, it was basically a power up, if you were pure it could grant wishes, and fucked up monkeys paw wishes if you were bad. When it was shattered, the shards still did the power-up thing but no wishes. Gathering all the shards stopped demons from getting unnecessary power ups in the wild so the age of man could truly take off.
>>
Adult Swim was best back when it was all anime.
>>
>>85188282
Fuck off weeb. Adult Swim was best when Adam Reed still worked there.
>>
>>85187725
Sea Lab?
>>
>>85187999
What was the "golden age" of Adult Swim anyway?

Take the straw poll:
http://www.strawpoll.me/10923990
>>
Best was 12oz Mouse
>>
>>85188282
Shitty dubs from shows were 5 years old is not quality programming.
>>
File: WHAT BILLBOARD.jpg (47KB, 395x587px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT BILLBOARD.jpg
47KB, 395x587px
[as]'s best were definitely Venture Bros. and Moral Orel for original animation, plus KotH if you count reruns.

Space Dandy and Bebop are great, but those are more in the anime category.

Also, what the fuck is up with this captcha I just got?
>>
File: missionhill11.jpg (88KB, 600x450px)
missionhill11.jpg
88KB, 600x450px
>>85187725
>>
>>85192596
Mah nigger.
>no more episodes
>tfw that autistic cliffhanger
>>
LIFE
>>
>>85188282
There was never a time when Adult Swim was entirely anime.
>>
>>85187725
Honestly I haven't watched AS since like 2011. I just haven't enjoyed it.
>>
I remember seeing AS first premiere. I was, like, 10. My dad liked watching Home Movies and Tom Goes to the Mayor with me.
>>
>>85195584
Their schedule has been fucking shit since the turn of the decade. It's like 90% FOX shows and Robot Chicken now.
>>
>>85192938
ripping DVD of this right now
>>
>>85195875
I am proud to own the DVDs. Such a good show.
>>
>>85195772
they fucked up when they lost futurama and everything else along with it
>>
>>85198157
No they fucked up when they decided to air futurama. Seriously. Koth, Family Guy and American Dad being added ruined the channel.
>>
12oz Mouse S01E01 was the high water mark for Adult Swim.
>>
>>85198921
Can't really blame them, it got higher ratings than anything else, sadly. Normies gonna normie.
>>
File: mpv-shot0001.png (162KB, 640x480px)
mpv-shot0001.png
162KB, 640x480px
>>85199062
i'm not sure what it is about that very first scene that makes it so perfect and quotable
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.