[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name a worse event

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

Name a worse event
>>
Age of Ultron
>>
your birthday
>>
File: 1443221449713.jpg (24KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
1443221449713.jpg
24KB, 401x372px
>Each issue is $4.99 or highter
>>
>>85179530

DCshill
>>
Forever Evil.
>>
>>85179562

>LE EPIC GOOD EVENT IS BAD MEME AM I COOL YET xD
>>
>>85179567
It's written by Johns, biggest hack in DC. It's bad. BAD.
>>
>>85179519
laughed irl
>>
>>85179544
nigga does any Marvel fan actually want to pay that much for this
>>
Countdown
Identity Crisis
House of M
Civil War 1
>>
>>85179605
Collectors. If you mean people that care about storytelling, no.
>>
>>85179544
>Starting a Company War when that is a legitimate complaint
Wake up Mouseketeer. Last October they were asking for $4.99 for fucking #1s for Marvel Now, are you gonna stand there like sheep and take it?

>>85179562
It had fun moments unlike this event. Forever Evil gave us a lot of weird bromances like oddly Black Adam and Sinestro, and Lex Luthor and Bizarro and cool stuff like Cold shattering Quick's leg that random villain getting vaporized for being stupid, those neat one shots which were 75% shit 25% fun. Mazahs was fucking stupid though.
>>
>>85179630
Variant collectors won't give a shit about the contents of the book
>>
>>85179544
Really?

4.99 is a ludicrous price for a floppy. It's not even a company wars thing, just a shitty trend in the industry that needs to be stopped or mitigated in some way. (Double shipping is how DC is getting around it.)
>>
>>85179606
>Civil War I
It at least had an interesting premise behind it, just bungled execution.
>>
>>85180126
>Double shipping is how DC is getting around it
Which is also as shitty
>>
>>85179513
As someone who had to live through it: The Jean Paul Valley part of Knightquest was painfully bad in many places.

The whole knightquest/knightsend thing should have been FAR more condensed.
>>
>>85180126
double shipping? The price thing interests me but idk how it works. Explain please.
Also, I noticed DC puts a lot of ads from itself to add bulk. Even go so far as to add two pages of just babble text about a character like Wonder Woman in the middle of a comic
>>
>>85180194
How so? 6 issues turns into $18.

Marvel's current 4.99 trend could mean a standard 6 issue run could be more than the trade.
>>
>>85179513
Secret Invasion 2
Siege 2, Floating Asgard = Floating Attilan
>>
>>85180243
double shipping and $4.99 books are both shitty things

They both end up drowning smaller books
>>
original sin
shitty story purely made for retcons and inserting unnecessary stuff in character's pasts and the art was shit tier
>>
>>85179630
Collectors implies this story will have any value worth collecting.

And if the first Civil War isn't worth more than the cover price then why you expect this one to be better?
>>
>>85179544
OY VEY TGE GOYIM KNOW

BETTER CALL HIM SHILL
>>
Infinty anything. D.c. fans want to talk about convoluted ..
>>
>>85179578
Bendis is the biggest hack in the industry tho.
>>
>>85179513
house of m
ultimatum
recent secret wars
>>
>>85180268
This desu. Muh Thor still isn't back as well, so it makes me hate OS even more.
>>
File: Worst. Event. EVAH.jpg (85KB, 658x634px) Image search: [Google]
Worst. Event. EVAH.jpg
85KB, 658x634px
>>85179513
>Name a worse event
>>
File: 1413511082959.jpg (21KB, 402x285px) Image search: [Google]
1413511082959.jpg
21KB, 402x285px
>>85180410
>recent secret wars
>>
>>85180160
>had an interesting premise behind it
"We need to sell more action figures" <-- this is *literally* the entire reason for the event: smashing action figures together to boost sales of a new toy line.
>>
File: sadclops.jpg (166KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
sadclops.jpg
166KB, 1280x1280px
>>85180432
>mfw when all that's left is for Marvel to literally shut down the X-Men books.
>mfw when no more mutants.
>>
>>85180268
>story purely made for retcons and inserting unnecessary stuff in character's pasts
Sounds like Secret Invasion ...
>>
>>85180410
>house of m
>ultimatum
>recent secret wars
The first and third weren't bad, anon. The second, though, was utter shite, I grant you.

You want stupid and pointless you go to AvX or Sixis. You want Utter Dreck you go with Original Sin or Age of Ultron. The latter was so maddingly horrible and lazy that I decided I'd be skipping Civil War II just because Bendis is the author (even before I found out he was lifting Minority Report in about the most blatant way possible).
>>
>>85180483
>all that's left is for Marvel to literally shut down the X-Men books
What they *need* to do is reboot the whole continuity and keep the x-books seperate from the rest of the MCU because it's never ever made any goddamned sense that Mutants are Hated And Feared ... but anyone else with powers is just Fuckawesome!
>>
>>85179578
>Johns writes Rebirth one-shot
>everyone loves it, sells like heroin
>but he's still the biggest hack at DC despite Snyder and Lobdell
>>
>>85181204
>Johns shits out some continuity wanking tripe
>speculators snap up that sweet sweet 001 and fanbois bend over to take Yet Another Reboot right up the pooper
>>
>>85179513
Secret wars.
>>
>>85179513

Black Vortex
>>
>>85179513
I can't.

I've never seen main characters I.Q.'s drop to room temperature so quickly.
>>
File: scan0005.jpg (2MB, 1271x1110px) Image search: [Google]
scan0005.jpg
2MB, 1271x1110px
>>85180655
>>
>>85180655
Even if the continuity is reset all the people working on the books now that are the primary reason why the current is so god awful will still be working on the new continuity

You'd basically be rebooting it into a doomed bad-from-the-start status at this point
>>
>>85179513
>Age of Ultron
>Identity Crisis
>Secret Wars II
>Countdown
>Death Mate
Still, CWII is definitely up there.
>>
the crossing, Secret Wars II
>>
>>85183431
Oh, and Ultimatum. How could I forget Ultimatum.
>>
>>85180265
you are an idiot, double shipping and having more expensive books are what keeps smaller books afloat so they don't have to do high sales since the sales of other titles justify having risks you inbred. Marvel has all those shitty progressive books and DC's doing a fuckton of minis. Do you literally think a system mostly compromised of these smaller books is gonna support itself? No, they won't magically get high orders, and since there aren't big books to justify having these low profit, there's more reason to cancel them. God do you ever think that you might have been dropped as a baby?
>>
>>85180218
some books come out twice a month. For DC, it's actually most of their books.
>>
>>85179513
So I haven't followed this at all. It is the story that Dyke Marvel wants to get rid of all white males and that's what causes the civil war?
>>
>>85184000
Have you ever seen Minority Report? It's literally that.
>>
>>85184000
Minority report in a world where time-travelers and precogs run rampant. So acting on a super-math Inhuman's future calculations and killing a lot of people in the process because reckless bullshit while Iron Man is having a freakout because his pal is dead.
>>
>>85183974
Looking at October and only counting DC+HB+YA ongoings, 17 double-shipping title (34 issues) and 25 normal ones.

Assuming I didn't fuck something up. So it's only "most" of their books if you're talking total issues but not most of their titles. And if you add minis and Vertigo in there's obviously more single-shipping issues. I also counted Injustice in that double-shipping figure and I'm not sure if it does every month but it has two in October.
>>
>>85179517
Age of Ultron was cool when it had the Marvel heroes dealing with an apocalyptic situation they couldn't stop. Too bad that only lasted like 3 issues before it became time travel stuff. If they would have made it a little longer it would have been cool or if they showed more of the Pymless world. Instead you get this event with cool ideas that don't get a lot of milage.
>>
>>85179513
Civil War 1. At least this has an interesting premise, foretelling the future and its effects on the present, its just the execution that is so shit. Like, Hawkeye killing Hulk, okay, I could see how that could make a good story if they had a few years of build up where Bruce became more and more obsessed with what could possibly happen if the Hulk went out of control and he eventually go so paranoid that he devoted all his time into making a thing which could kill himself. Then I could see this working. But it just comes out of fucking nowhere. That's the problem with this, and Civil War 1, and every single hero vs. hero event. The character changes and dickishness everyone displays comes out of fucking nowhere. Cap and Tony should have been able to settle their differences and logic shit out, Cap and Scott should have been able to come up with a plan to deal with the Phoenix, Cap and Tony should have worked together AGAIN to prevent the incursions and Carol should really know better than to set up illegal detention centers for maybe criminals.

But no, they don't. Because comic book.
>>
>>85184452
I don't agree that this premise is more insteresting than civil war. The idea of having a registration list for meta humans is more beliable to be the reason of a fracture in a group than precog shit.
>>
>>85179606
whats so wrong with House of M?besides character assassination for Wanda
>>
>>85184537
Perhaps, but the lousy execution of the event made it even worse. If you have plot holes with a future foretelling psychic, they are easier to ignore because we can't really know how we would react in that situation. Maybe someone like Hawkeye really would shoot first and ask questions later if he thought he knew a good friend was going to murder everyone.

But with the SHRA, we have real world examples we can use. Real world laws that kind of suck come into effect all the time. There would be debate and discussion. Shit like that wouldn't happen that fast, and the heroes against it certainly wouldn't just say fuck you to all the people who are for it. You would think there would be some kind of debate before it resorted to punching. Not to mention that there was never any debate because nobody ever really bothered to describe exactly what the law does. Is it enforced slavery should you have a super power? Is it a simple registry and only if you actively use your power? That factors greatly into how the heroes would be seen. And then, once it fails and the bad guys take over and then get kicked out again, they just cancel the law. I'm sorry, but if you discovered that an entire police force was corrupt, I'm pretty sure you just fire the staff. You don't throw out all the laws because that one time some bad guys got put in charge of enforcing them.

But really, I think it is safe to say with confidence that both stories suck and should be used as examples of how not to craft an epic comic book storyline.
>>
>>85179513
fear itself
>>
House of M was a good event.
>>
>have old man logan right fucking there
>don't use him to kill Banner causing more change the future nonsense
Bendis can't even do this shlock right
>>
>>85179513
Secret Sins
>>
>>85179544
For two issues of Civil War, you can get a TPB at around the same price
>>
>>85179513
Objectively, I can't. Even going back to when events started in the 80's their isn't one this awful. Even the Age of Ultron, Forever Evil, Infinity Crusade, Inferno, and whatever else you can name had salvageable moments. This has been non-stop dreck. Awful writing, awful editing, and shitty cliches are all that Civil War 2 offer for $4.99 a pop.

Civil War 2 is absolute cancer.
>>
>>85186212
At least the art is good which is more than can be said for Original Sin.
>>
>>85179544
Why the hell would you want to pay $5 dollars for a comic book that doesn't have at least 44 pages?
>>
>>85186296
They're pretty even. One's not really worse than the other.
>>
>>85179513
Oct. of 1939, the publication date of the first ever marvel comic is the worst comic book event in history.
>>
>>85180160
>it had an interesting premise
shame kingdom come had done it 10 years before
>>
>>85186558
I would if the comic was good enough and the book needed floppie support to survive. Hell, people pay hundreds just to get a particular cover.

Of course, Civil War II is none of those. The comic is garbage and even then, it's a big ass event so it's going to run its course regardless of how well it sells.

I wouldn't pay $1 for CWII issues, so price is kind of irrelevant. It's not the cost per page that's the problem. It's the Bendis.
>>
>>85179606
>>85180479
>>85186673
>>85184452

These don't convince me that CW1 is worse than CW2. And I thought CW1 was a terrible clusterfuck back when it was going on.

CW2 didn't learn a damn thing from the mistakes of CW1. And

>But it just comes out of fucking nowhere.

That's the bigger problem of this. In CW1 even though everyone was out of character to keep things going, it still had a vague sense of internal logic (New Warriors screwed up, many died, government wants to register superheroes, Cap opposes it, Maria Hill does a stupid thing and tries to order his arrest, sparking off the Civil War). It only got gradually worse as it went on. CW2 doesn't even have that (Ulysses is used to predict future events, Tony warns.... against what would happen if Ulysses sees a hero as a threat, Carol fucks up with the battle against Thanos, Tony gets upset because he.... warned them about this yet didn't at all).

Worse still, at least Millar kept the action going for something called Civil War. We're like four or five issues into CW2 and the actual war is about to start.
>>
>>85181604
>Reboot
Did you read the issue?
>>
>>85187173
Yeah, CWII is horrible and pretty much sums up everything wrong with current Marvel, bad (and constant) events and forced characters.
>>
>>85179513
No one posted Convergence. That was a train wreak.
>>
>>85179513
Does One More Day count?
>>
>>85187734
That wasn't really an event, just a major arc.
>>
>>85179513
Civil War I
>>
Cw1, if only for clusterfuck of a status auo that emerged from it. It's like a fart that spread to every room of the house.
Secret Wars II gets an honorable mention as the first such fart. Reading older comics, there is a bit of sadness as you come to the 80's and the crossover era kicks off. Nothing is ever clean again, and SW2 is where the shared universe thing starts to go really bad.
>>
>>85179513
Axis is the only one that comes close, and I usually love Remender's stuff, but CWII is still worse.
>>
>>85179513
HARD MODE: One that wasn't also written by Bendis
>>
>>85180432
>Forcing the first character in ages to attract new readers and demos to repeatedly star in event comics which are statistically known to be unfriendly and unappealing to new readers

JUST
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.