[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

She did literally nothing wrong. Bring her back right the fuck now.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 500
Thread images: 84

File: Bismuth_by_BB.png (42KB, 270x356px) Image search: [Google]
Bismuth_by_BB.png
42KB, 270x356px
She did literally nothing wrong. Bring her back right the fuck now.
>>
SHATTER THE GEMS RACE WAR NOW
>>
File: Javier_Bardem-300x199.jpg (9KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
Javier_Bardem-300x199.jpg
9KB, 300x199px
She didn't even give the Friendos a chance to Call It. It wasn't right.
>>
She was perfectly in the right until she hulked out and tried to beat the shit out of a tiny fleshy version of her old leader. Go home tumblr
>>
>>85172539
She'll be back. She's in the commercial break bumpers.
>>
Even though there is a 1% chance, I hope Steven meets a gem that cannot be befriended. I want it to kick him in the balls.
>>
>>85172539
Aside from being a murderous black communist?
>>
>>85173130
>murderous
>killing people who are trying to murder you
>murdering
>not self defense
>>
>>85172539
>Rose wanted to save the gems that where still under control of Home World
>this crazy bitch just wanted to kill them all
It's funny to think that Rose was winning the war without her crazy killing weapons
>>
>>85173081
jasper did that
>>
>>85173149
She took it to the point where she was trying to kill a kid who disagreed with her and seemingly tried to do to the same to Rose.
But this being /co/, I'm sure it's already being spun that Rose jumped Bismuth.
>>
>>85173225
>winning
no such thing as a good war, kiddo.
>>
>>85173261
Steven told her about how most of the Gems he meets tries to kill him before he befriends them, she's really just following status quo really.
>>
>>85172539
She wasn't necessarily wrong. But she sure as hell wasn't in the right. The Break Point would've needlessly escalated the conflict, even though it probably would've indeed given the CGs an advantage for being able to one shot enemies. Honestly, I feel like she was at least partially projecting her hatred of the upper crust into the cause.

Either way, it's a complex issue with no easy answers.
>>
Rose would never use a weapon that could shatter a gem, but even if she did...

>Rose decides to use the breaking point
>the win a few easy battles
>they caught the attention of the diamonds
>they use the corruption blast and BTFO the earth

>Rose bubbles bismuth
>the same exact thing happens except that no homeworld gems die at the hands of the CG
>>
>>85172539
I feel like she'll come back eventually, but it feels weird to have a 22 minute episode and make this huge reveal and have her in the bumpers, even, just for her to be bubbled again. On the other hand I guess it's a bit much to expect her to be a new permanent member of the CGs, but she's gotta come back eventually.
>>
File: 1470165001525.png (142KB, 293x341px) Image search: [Google]
1470165001525.png
142KB, 293x341px
so where are the steven as george zimmerman or dressed as a cop edits

It's been literally hours
>>
>>85173240
Give it some time, anon, she's going to have her redemption arc eventually
>>
>>85173053
Steven Universe is clever enough about audience expectations that it feels like the bumpers were a way of making it seem like Bis was more a permanent fixture than she is. Simply put, they were fucking with you.
>>
File: 1462969681400.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1462969681400.gif
3MB, 480x270px
WAIT A FUCKING SECOND AFTER THIS EPISODE WERE GOING BACK TO HIATUS?
HOLY SHIT NOTHING HAPPENED AGAIN
FUCK IM SO MAD
>>
>>85173485
there's this
>>85172272
>>
In SU you can incapacitate someone indefinitely without permanent damage. Doing this is as easy if not easier as killing them. Bismuth designs a weapon explicitly to kill and not incapacitate. Self defense arguments are fucking stupid because in SU you basically have to go out of your way to kill someone.

ITS NOT THAT FUCKING COMPLICATED
>>
File: 1470104813750.jpg (44KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470104813750.jpg
44KB, 450x300px
>>85173225
>winning

They didn't win shit, anon. They SURVIVED. Everyone they know is dead, and Homeworld is still up and running. They only left because they thought the cluster would finish them off.
>>
>>85173586

there may or may not be a new episode tomorrow depending if the whole Canada thing is true or not, and can you really call a weekend a "hiatus"?
>>
File: Pericute.png (34KB, 284x260px) Image search: [Google]
Pericute.png
34KB, 284x260px
>>85173545
God, I remember when the first and early second seasons were running. So many anons saying...

>Lapis won't be relevant again
>Peridot won't be relevant again
>Jasper won't be relevant again
>There will be no new re-occuring gems because this show will be status quo like Adventure Time
>>
>>85173732
what canada thing?
>>
>>85173240
Bullshit, he didn't even try to befriend her. That's actually unusual for him and I suspect it's purely because he likes Lapis.
He needs to realize that they both did wrong and they both suffered, it's not just one abuser and one victim.
>>
I think Rose just bubbled her because she had clearly gone senile thinking that shitty weapon was any use whatsoever and she served her purpose better as a martyr. What good is a weapon that slowly and methodically kills a single individual when the enemy out-numbers you a thousand to one?
>>
>>85173672
I did say "was winning" and not just "winning"
Cuz you know, someone thought it was a good idea drop a Gem nuke on them
>>
Technically gems don't even die, so Bismuth wouldn't really be killing anyone.
>>
>>85173813
Well, the first time they met she basically killed one of his friends in front of him and then smashed his face
>>
>>85173777
Canada airs beta on friday, while they'll air it in a two episode block in the US on monday.
>>
>>85173764
I'm not saying she's never coming back, just that the bumpers were meant to make her look a lot more prominent than she will be.
>>
>>85172539
is she Rosie O Donald or Whoopi Goldberg
>>
>>85172539
>can poof gems easily
>Bismuth wanted to shatter them for no other reason than to be an edglelord
>>
>>85173834
Gems die when their gems are shattered. Bismuth's weapon is for exactly that.
>>
>>85173269

Best TV Dad
>>
>>85173834
Yeah, she'd just be slicing them up into a bunch of shards. Which we've seen in their conscious form are barely sentient semi person severed limb creatures that spend an eternity seeking to make themselves whole again to escape the agony of being broken. That's much better than killing them.
>>
>>85173269
Doesn't mean you can't win it.
>>
>>85173970
was. OR MAYBE NOT!
>>
>>85173586

It's 4 weeks of steven. We are one week 3. We have one more week.
>>
>>>>/u/
>>
>>85174037
So they're going with the Netflix model then? Release an entire season all at once (more or less). Well it's better than the bomb model, but I still prefer the standard.
>>
>>85173269
Star Wars was pretty great.
>>
>>85173889
I was actually agreeing with you. Should've been more specific with my point. I mean that characters like Peridot/Lapis were downplayed in promotional material up until the very point where they became central characters.

It figures they'd do the opposite for Bismuth.
>>
File: Untitled.png (740KB, 1050x701px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
740KB, 1050x701px
>upgrades all your fucking weapons
>gets bubbles up again without thanks

DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>85172539
The show acknowledges this and is bringing her back.
>>
>>85174128
The trident was a poor upgrade. A spear is way more ideal for killing.
>>
>>85173081
Even if he does he'll just bubble it.
That's what bothered me about Bismuth, she knew Rose well but apparently not well enough to know she's never support a shattering weapon when a perfect eternal imprisonment system exists and it isn't actually any more difficult than shattering.
>>
>>85174166
a cross-lugged spear would've been a perfect upgrade, though. All the focused stabbiness of the original model with less chance of being intractably stuck in something (or someone).
>>
>>85174247
When you can poof your weapon and reform it, it doesn't seem like getting it stuck is a real issue.
>>
File: 1463778571354s.jpg (3KB, 76x125px) Image search: [Google]
1463778571354s.jpg
3KB, 76x125px
>>85172539
>>
>>85173586
That brown chick has terrible makeup.
>>
But anon, if we aren't willing kill our enemies in a war against space nazis for our freedom and to save a planet who are more than willing to kill us, it wouldn't be nice! Won't somebody look out for the well-being of the planet-destroying tyrants we're fighting!?
>>
File: 1448415226133.jpg (14KB, 255x247px) Image search: [Google]
1448415226133.jpg
14KB, 255x247px
>>85172539
>did literally nothing wrong
O.K.
>>
People keep saying "Killing them in self defense is ok" but this isn't a perfect mirror to real life. They can basically "kill" them without ending their life by bubbling them. Nothing like that exists in real life.
>>
>>85174371
she a qt 22/7
>>
>>85172539
>ugly as fuck dyke
>did nothing wrong
Her entire existence is wrong.
>>
>>85174283
It takes a second or two to recall a weapon that way, and in battle that's a second or two where you're a sitting duck. On top of that, it's pretty much like having to reload a sword after every few swings. Might as well be using a shotgun at that point.
>>
>>85174459
Yeah, Jasper deserves shattering desu.
>>
>>85174376
The thing though is that the Homeworld soldiers themselves aren't the ones at fault. Rose wanted to teach the enemy gems that they could choose to be different from the roles that had been assigned them. She wanted to win their hearts and free their minds. She wasn't trying to fight their army, she was trying to fight their ideology.

How many of the same people that think they should have wantonly slaughtered their way through the Homeworld ranks are fans of Peridot, Lapis, or Centipeetle? Bismuth would've shattered any of them, given the chance.
>>
>>85173889
Or the bumpers were because this was their first true half hour episode and the bumpers are anime as fuck.
>>
>>85174489
Gems can spawn two weapons. For all it matters, she could leave one spear stuck in them while using the other spear.
>>
File: CARLOOOOOS.jpg (19KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
CARLOOOOOS.jpg
19KB, 500x367px
>>85174501
Bismol already poofed one of them.
>>
>>85174128

So is this going to be the explanation for how the Crystal Gems get an advantage against Jasper?
>>
>>85174407
>>85174243
>>85173636

These guys get it. You can't poof and bubble a human. You can poof and bubble a gem. Killing a gem serves no real strategic value, Bismuth just wanted to kill, self defense doesn't factor into it because they could already do that.
>>
>>85174539
I don't know why they need one, she's really not that tough. She's gonna have to get a pretty huge power boost from those corrupted gems she's been collecting for it to be believable.
>>
>>85174243
>>85173636
I'm kind of starting to wonder if Homeworld gems rescuing and liberating bubbled comrades was ever a problem in the war. If so, Bismuth wanting to shatter her enemies becomes a lot less stupid and useless. But it's still pointless now that the war is long over.
>>
>>85174583
Forced Fusion
>>
>>85174556

The people complaining about this don't care. They just see Steven Universe "promoting" the message that the oppressed shouldn't commit violence against their oppressors because it's wrong (even though literally nothing in the show has suggested they shouldn't FIGHT, just that they shouldn't KILL) and get all rump-rustled. In their minds the world is becoming a scary place dominated by "fascists" like the boogeyman Donald Trump, so anything that seems to support nonviolent reactions to oppression triggers them. These are people who actually cheer when cops are murdered and categorize comedy as either "punching up" or "punching down".

The fact that the setting of Steven Universe isn't supposed to be some 1:1 duplicate of our own where every message is equally applicable to real world issues is lost on them.
>>
>>85174583

She's arguably the toughest gem they've faced thus far.
>>
>>85172539
She didn't believe in Steven.
>>
>>85174710
Sure but even so Lapis (with water), Stevonne, and Garnet can each take her solo. Everybody just got a powerup too so she's going to have to bring something special to the party.
>>
>>85174436
If you have no taste, sure.
>>
>Literally introduced just to teach a lesson that is constantly pushed throughout the show
>>
File: SU Writing.png (1MB, 1000x1153px) Image search: [Google]
SU Writing.png
1MB, 1000x1153px
>>85172539
SU writers clearly gave up

Stop posting this garbage
>>
>>85174776
They've halted her attacks or driven her off, but never stopped her completely. The Faygo bitch is implacable.
>>
>>85173764
Oh those were the days.
>>
File: 1413698024974.png (328KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1413698024974.png
328KB, 720x404px
>>85172539
Bismuth wasn't entirely in the wrong for wanting to shatter the homeworld gems. However she is short-tempered and her methods are more brutal than what the Crystal Gems were known for. In case anyone forgot, Honeworld is fusing shards of dead gems together to try and colonize planets with an army of what are essentially zombies. Literally a fate worse than death.
>>
File: 1470113225521.jpg (150KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1470113225521.jpg
150KB, 1024x768px
>>85172539
>She
You have to be fucking kidding me. Look, I get this whole genderless space rocks you SUfags love to toss around. But this is a fucking man. There is absolutely nothing feminine about this design.
>>
>Blacksmith
>Is named Bismuth
>Is Black
Bravo, Sugar.
>>
>>85175346
your efforts are in vain
>>
>>85174166
Could Pearl shoot lasers before the trident? That would be a decent upgrade
>>
>>85174896
and yet, lots of people suddenly disagree with the lesson. almost like it needed to be made more clear.
>>
>>85175505
probably didn't come from the trident, since they were a surprise to Bismuth
>>
File: 1468996951530.jpg (40KB, 801x660px) Image search: [Google]
1468996951530.jpg
40KB, 801x660px
>>85175398
Effort for what? I'm just amazed at how ridiculous this show is, and that people here actually think this is acceptable.
>>
>>85173476
I don't think it's too much to ask to keep her around for a week maybe, Meet Lapis and Peridot, fight Jasper. That could add to the conflict of needing to destroy the enemy versus the possibility that they can change. Then just personal Rose shit pushes her into crazy mode ultimately. But one episode even extended or two is just lazy/predictable. I mean at the point when Steven talks about other gems usually trying to kill him everything is obviously headed down the she's a traitor or double agent rout and isn't going to be here that long. But hey, kudos for just being an overzealous soldier instead, that was a neat spin. But the pearl bubbled her for a reason/double agent thing could have been teased out as well over a few episodes. And even if she does come back eventually what are the chances it's not just going to be a centipeeetl episode. She comes back and at best just redeems her past actions by sacrificing herself to save Steven and then is gone again.
>>
>>85174945
Am I really the only one that saw the foreshadowing in this scene?
>>
>>85172539
>She did literally nothing wrong.
She is an extremist who created a weapon that is inferior to all of the weapons that the crystal gems used. She probably would have gotten the earth destroyed because she wanted to be an edgelord.
>>
>>85174776
Think about this
>Rose's sword is said tobe perfect because it instantly poofs a gem slashed by it.
>Just two episodes before that Jasper shrugged off a direct hit from that same sword

They're going to need a lot to get rid of that pest
>>
>>85175589
I think they gonna do a ,oh sure just unbubble me when you need something then put me back under, episode later
>>
>>85175603
Nah, it was pretty obvious.
>>
>>85175603
You are not. It wasn't terribly subtle. Like, the whole episode is building up that something's off about our new friend.

Though I though it was kind of a clever move to have Bismuth participate in slice of life stuff. The HW gems that get turned CG had to be coaxed into it, but Bismuth is an OG Crystal Gem, so she takes to it immediately. It's a nice contrast.
>>
>>85172539

Note: both actions take roughly the same amount of skill/effort.

>poof gems
incapacitate combatants, no longer a threat

>break gems
effectively kill combatant, no longer a threat

One strikes to subdue, one strikes to kill. The 'break' option is a terror weapon, and if widely used, shows willingness to fight a war of extinction.

Hell, you only ever use terror weapons when BOTH sides know you're going to win anyways, and that's to break the will of the defender. Atom bomb vs. land invasion of Japan, being the famous justifiable example.
>>
>>85173269
Ya there is you bleeding heart faggot.
>>
>Implying the writers of SU implied that this character didn't do anything wrong.

This character is literally the anti-theme of the show which is love wins the day, lets make friends with our enemy, and passive resistance is better than lethal force :^).

They aren't going to make this character anything more than just the big bad guy that shouldn't exist because any actual home world levels of antagonist would rip this little entourage of idiots a new asshole. It's a shame but this shitty character which ISN'T EVEN A FUCKING GEM is the most correct person.
>>
>>85175733
>Note: both actions take roughly the same amount of skill/effort.
Actually, breaking a Gem would take significantly more effort. It's a relatively small target, and you have to hit a specific area of their body, while you can apparently poof a Gem with enough damage anywhere.

Not to mention that the Breaking Point is highly impractical as a weapon. It's short-ranged, unwieldy, and requires a mechanical action with every attack, while Rose's Sword is light enough to be wielded by a human child and can quickly cut any foe with any part of its surface area.

On the other hand, after you've poofed a Gem you have to put them in a containment bubble and keep watch over them indefinitely, since a rematerialized healthy enemy combatant is significantly more dangerous than a Gem Shard's disembodied limbs. But that's a relatively minor problem if you're able to defeat them in the first place.
>>
>>85176040

i thought bubbles were stable unless interacted with by an outside force.
>>
>>85175505
>Could Pearl shoot lasers before the trident?
Yes, she's done it before. She used the lasers when she fought Amethyst, and I think when they were fighting the mini-clusters in the Kindergarten.
>>
>>85176040

The crux of the matter seems to go like this:

If poofed gem = POW, and shattered gem = basically dead gem
And your 'easy' mode of war results in more POWs than casualties versus 'difficult' war resulting in more casualties than POWs
Then the only reason for purposefully shattering gems is as a terror/intimidation tactic - and one that escalates a war situation.

Actually, this brings up a serious thing to think about. Rose's rebellion was, barring unusual circumstances, basically nonlethal - the Homeworld response was essentially a police action (however brutal it might have been). Accepting use of the Gembusta escalates from nonlethal combat to lethal combat - a weird limbo of "nonlethal protest with edged weapons" becomes a clear "heavily armed protest with lethal arms."
>>
>tfw jasper is going to 'die' soon
>>
File: JUST.png (980KB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
980KB, 1919x1079px
JUST
>>
>>85176276
> the Homeworld response was essentially a police action
So where you live the police mindfucks criminals into wild animals and sends them to Unit 731 camps?
>>
>>85176313
>nothing else could fit so perfectly inside...
>>
>>85173269
>wars aren't good
>this is what /co/mblr actually belives
>despite countless evidence and our own cultures and lineages
/his/ either wants a word or to never here you speak again
>>
>>85175825
>>85176427
I'm a history pleb, give me an example of a war that was good.
>>
>>85176479
Almost literally any of them. They all ways play a role on consolidation of cultures, systems of governance, technological increase, intellectual achievement, spiritual contemplation and even stuff as simple as improved day to day life post conflict (for the winners).
Show my a war that isn't considered modern that you can't see any positives coming out of. Not for one side's perspective or the other but collectively in the long run.
>>
>>85176539
>Almost literally any of them.

WWI was complete balls.
>>
>>85176539
>technological increase, intellectual achievement, spiritual contemplation

We can achieve these things without having to kill and brutalize a bunch of people.

>and even stuff as simple as improved day to day life post conflict (for the winners)

Nice caveat.
>>
>>85176539
>Show my a war that isn't considered modern that you can't see any positives coming out of.
Nobody said that. You can find positives in virtually anything if you look hard enough (and look away from the negatives hard enough), but that doesn't mean it's just plain "good".
>>
>>85173672
A more deadly melee weapon wouldn't have changed that.

It wouldn't have saved them from the Nuke or let them mow through the massive wall of their conscripted soldier gems to kill the diamonds.
>>
>>85176368
>perfect fit
>round peg in a square hole
Wow, an actual retard!

>>85176539
And the Renaissance would never have kicked off if the Black Death hadn't wiped out enough people to make social and economic mobility possible on a continent-wide scale. Doesn't mean it wasn't a horrifying occurrence beyond your shitty, minimalizing comprehension.
>>
>>85176352

It's a police action compared to "glass the planet."
>>
>>85176679
The spike you idiot, that's all that has to fit.
>>
>>85174617

I wanted Bismuth distrusting Peridot causing her to doubt herself and horror flashbacks with Lapis but I guess she's suffered enough :/
>>
>>85175603

it's been happening especially now more than ever as a lazy way to be meta or something, but it definitely made her seem off especially when they were talking about an evil blade

man I just wanted her to forge Steven a custom sword while Connie got to keep the classic but guess that's too much to ask
>>
>>85172539
>Her dangerous and revolutionary idea for a weapon is a weapon that strikes the part of the gem you need to destroy to kill
Did literally nobody think of this or something
>>
>>85176998
Homeworld probably likes to just destabilize troublesome gems so that they can be imprisoned in gem artifacts.
>>
>>85175648
Jasper was hit by the sword in the helmet (her weapon) and not a direct hit on the body.

If she was hit anywhere else It could have poofed her if the properties work as Bismuth stated.
>>
>>85176998
Seems like the gem civilization found ways to deal with gems that don't co-operate.

By manifesting them into other things, or shattering them and then using them in other various projects. Like the WMD they were creating on earth. It seems like taking a hostage to use later after killing them in one way or another, is a more profitable option than straight killing them.

But I mean when you are living this stance of live or die, and the fact you don't want to fuck around with the dead remains of your people, it's little consequence where or when they die I suppose or if they live on through some object that is meant to serve.

Clearly they have no problem killing life that isn't a gem, maybe civil wars aren't a thing and what happened in earth is a rare instance that needed to be quelled so they never bothered to research into the whole killing other gems department. They just spent time researching how to kill other shit when their weapons fail.

I mean to be fair, this weapon seems pretty fucking worthless outside of gem vs gem combat. Sure punching holes into a creatures chest cavity would be neat, but it takes too much precision and effort to use if it is no needed to kill a non-gem enemy. The problem with gems is that they have only one way to kill them and if you don't do it fast enough they regenerate.
>>
>>85172539
Except shattering another gem seems to be taboo except in the case of punishment. Even defected gems were to be taken to homeworld for trial before being shattered. Obviously Diamonds don't give a fuck but other gems do.
>>
>>85177187
Yeah that seemed like a pretty shitty weapon when I first saw it since you'd have to hit the exact weak point in combat
>>
How did Earth's magnetic core get replaced with whats essentially a giant crystal ball without anyone noticing or any serious consequences?
>>
>>85177187
>Clearly they have no problem killing life that isn't a gem, maybe civil wars aren't a thing and what happened in earth is a rare instance that needed to be quelled so they never bothered to research into the whole killing other gems department. They just spent time researching how to kill other shit when their weapons fail.
>I mean to be fair, this weapon seems pretty fucking worthless outside of gem vs gem combat. Sure punching holes into a creatures chest cavity would be neat, but it takes too much precision and effort to use if it is no needed to kill a non-gem enemy. The problem with gems is that they have only one way to kill them and if you don't do it fast enough they regenerate.

True. But maybe as a tool of assassination rather than open combat?

I would assume a gem could dissipate and make the weapon re appear. Maybe the idea would be to get close, reform the weapon then use it on a diamond?

Bismuth's upgrades could attach to the gems weapons, and they could still make them disappear. So they might not totally be just constructs.
>>
File: BismuthSmug.png (953KB, 1920x1080px)
BismuthSmug.png
953KB, 1920x1080px
>Usually when I meet a new gem, they try and *kill me*
>I'm really glad you're here

>Me too, glad to have another chance...

I guess she really did mean Bismuth.
>>
>>85177247
No one said the core was replaced.
>>
>>85177187
Jasper's gem didn't shatter under the weight of the world's ocean. It's probably really hard to shatter a gem without proper equipment or gem based weaponry, and even harder to crush many gems effectively in an amount of time.

This weapon is so good because it would ley a ruby kill a quartz and all she'd have to do is dodge and wait until she could get a clean hit.
>>
>>85177309
RULE OF THREE, DAMN IT!
>>
>that design
500 000$ of art school well spent!
>>
>>85173586
Weekly episodes have been confirmed. Don't know for how long though.
>>
>>85175346

my thoughts exactly
you just have to let the kids play with their dolls, bro
some are going through a phase, some are just crazy

theres plenty of sane adults out there irl
>>
>>85173586
>that gif
>this thread

the irony
>>
>>85177531
define "sane".
>>
>>85175346

>women are only fat and skinny

She doesn't exist anon, but muscular women do don't discredit their existence just because they're not curvy or have eyelashes. There are 8 billion different people in the world.
She came off as pretty womanly to me during the episode. Mainly the being irrational part.
>>
>>85177567
>they're not curvy
the skeleton structure assures that even a bulky woman has curves.
>>
>>85176563
The Cold War was blue balls
>>
File: catalog_1984_a.jpg (2MB, 1779x1284px) Image search: [Google]
catalog_1984_a.jpg
2MB, 1779x1284px
>>85175346
I for one am glad that a whole new generation of autists will learn the wonders of buying into a show where the characters are "sexless" until an obvious outlier comes along and begets decades of idiocy.
>>
Its funny in the lead up /co/ hated her but her personality blew us away
They should have come up with a difrent reason for her absence so she could stay.
>>
>>85174128
And she did not even make any weapons for lapis and peridot
>>
>>85174283
I imagine they have to be attached after forming
>>
>>85177733
Well that's BS, otherwise there would be no fridge-shaped women in the world and we all know there are plenty of 'em out there.
>>
>>85177855
The more things change
>>
>>85172539
YFW the lonely blade scene was an reflection of the episode conflict
>"No lonely blade! Don't use it!"
>"What? If that thing's got infinite power, then of COURSE lonely blade should use it!"
>>
File: 1410191606790.jpg (47KB, 330x330px)
1410191606790.jpg
47KB, 330x330px
>>85177986
>YFW anon notices the blatantly obvious.
>>
>>85172539
Shut up
>>
>>85174166
Based on Pearl's fighting style, the trident will be great for defensive purposes, hooking and/or disarming the enemy so they can't get their own attacks out.
>>
>>85174128
>upgrades

Wait....haven't they use those weapons before?
I'm sure I've seen them before.
>>
File: Stand_by.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px)
Stand_by.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>85173261
>Bismuth=Black people
>Homeworld=Slavery,Jim Crow, and other pre civil rights damages
>Rose=Democratic Party
SEARCH YOUR HEART. YOU KNOW THIS TO BE TRUE.
>>
>>85178248
But weren't the Democratic Party the primary supporters of all those causes?
>>
>>85174371
You sound insanely jelly
>>
>>85178287
>implying I'd be jelly of that horrible make up job
>>
>>85174407
Glue. You can make guns that fire glue gobs much like we have guns that fire bean bags. And we could incapacitate our enemies by sticking them down to the ground.
We also have tasers and can definitely engineer long distance sniper tases by doing something like shooting a rubber bullet loaded with a battery attached to tase shocker if we have the ability to use fucking EMPs

We don't need to kill during war in the real world either but we continue to do it.
>>
>>85178248
>>85178278
Indeed. It was also the Democrats that presided over the Japanese Internment.
>>
File: eh marge.png (353KB, 512x384px)
eh marge.png
353KB, 512x384px
>>85173269
>No such thing as a good war

except for the american civil war, world war two and star wars!

goodnight everybody!
>>
>>85178394
>The Dems just went from overt racism to destroying the blacks through the welfare state and abortion.
I was with you up to that point. Now you just sound like someone who's trying to say, "The Democratic Party of today is EXACTLY THE SAME AS A HUNDRED YEARS AGO". It's not true of the Democrats and it's not true of the Republicans who can barely be compared to ten years ago let alone a hundred.
>>
>>85178394
I think you misread what I said
>>
>>85176661
> A more deadly melee weapon wouldn't have changed that.

That's hard to say really

Amethyst shows that a gem can get back in the fight pretty quickly if they need to and stopping to bubble everyone you fight in the middle of a war is a massive disadvantage for your side. Having an effective way to kill the gems you have to, I mean you can still take some prisoners like in normal war, would have likely made a pretty big difference.

You can argue that the breaking point wasn't the perfect weapon, but to turn down the idea of shattering any enemy altogether was ridiculously naive. Especially when you realize the shit Homeworld was willing to do to them.

> What type of leader doesn't give her army the best chance to win? How could you value the gems of our enemies more than our own? And look what you've done without me, without the breaking point, you lost!

She's pretty much right on all accounts here.

> b-but they didn't lose

Saving all but two of your friends and either ignoring and or being ignorant of the world ending threat growing inside the planet you were trying to save is a pretty big loss on Rose's part. Sure, it worked out in the end, but only because of a lot of lucky coincidences.
>>
File: roflbot.jpg (30KB, 622x335px) Image search: [Google]
roflbot.jpg
30KB, 622x335px
>>85178278
That's the joke. Rose is lying to them and is switching the CGs from being slaves of Homeworld to slaves of her philosophy. The fact that the CGs said they don't question her actions is proof enough.

Bismuth was right. Bismuth knew and Clinto- Er, Rose had to get rid of her. Because Rose wanted the war to continue, with her in charge. Not a solution to the war.

Steven represents millenia democrats who mean well by buying into the Party's philosophy, don't know what evil the party held in its past.
>>
I'm disappointed Bismuth didn't met Peridot or Lapis or Jasper.

otherwise excellent episode.

Bismuth's VA is legit really good, some of the best voice acting i've heard in a while.
>>
File: staypoor.png (271KB, 479x358px) Image search: [Google]
staypoor.png
271KB, 479x358px
>>85178417
>everyone magically changed their beliefs overnight because of the civil rights movement
You know dems voted hard against it, right?
>>
>>85178423
>You can argue that the breaking point wasn't the perfect weapon, but to turn down the idea of shattering any enemy altogether was ridiculously naive.
Those "enemies" are just people following Diamond orders and who literally- and I do mean literally- don't know any better, they don't even know what they could be. The entire Crystal Gem movement is based on waking people up from the system, giving people their own choices and the power to act on them. Killing would have went against all of those principles, denying them any power of self because of choices the upper crust have made for them. Imagine how many gems they would have had to shatter before they could reach the Diamonds. Imagine how many people on the sideline like Lapis would have been brutally murdered not because they were fighting but just because they happened to be around without being a Crystal Gem.

And without considering all of that, imagine the rift such a weapon would have made within the Crystal Gems themselves. So many of them left Homeworld because they hated its brutality, and now they were going to emulate it? And those people would have fought with the people who agreed with Bismuth. And then the civil war would have ended because the Crystal Gems made another civil war all within themselves.
>>
>>85172539
She? Are you certain that's a woman?
>>
>>85178470
>overnight
How in your retard mind is me saying A HUNDRED YEARS as hyperbole anywhere similar to "overnight"?

The civil rights movement, what, you mean in the 60s? Half a century ago?

Get your "red pills" and go back to the appropriate board for them.
>>
>>85178455
>Bismuth's VA is legit really good,

Glad I'm not the only one who thought so. She especially stood out against all the usual shitty voice acting.
>>
>>85178472
And bubbling them all would have been a futile gesture as well. You're denying them all their free will by locking them in a prison that doesn't allow them to even move. How would that have freed them all from tyranny? And again, you can talk about ideals, but it's still incredibly naive to fight a war and think that you can't kill anyone. Even Harriet Tubman had to aim a gun at the slaves she was trying to save sometimes because if they gave up and decided to go back they would have jeopardized the freedom of hundreds of other people. You can't convince everyone no matter how hard you try so unless you're prepared to fight or imprison them forever you need another solution.

And if Rose really believed in talking shit out that much she would have done that when she had the chance with Blue Diamond instead of launching a pretty futile surprise attack.
>>
>>85178488
Yeah and they created welfare state and flooded the ghettos with crack shortly after the civil rights movement.
It's all led up to the state we are in today. And they refuse to fix it. And millenials allow it to continue by turning a blind eye and screaming "muh party switch"
>>
>>85178570
Yeah yeah and if you rearrange the letters in Obama's name it spells out Bin Ladin I hear you.

Hillary Clinton personally assassinated a man and everything.
>>
you can't even call it tumblr universe anymore given that tumblr fucking hates it now
>>
>>85173269
>He didn't play Earthbound
Get memed on kiddo
>>
>>85178513

her voice reminds me of a more brutish Gina Torres.

It's actually really good, the intensity in her acting, she's got a good voice acting career ahead of her if she decides to do more.

I'll vouch for her in next year's Behind The Voice Actor's Voice Acting Awards.
>>
>>85178580
>>85178570
If you hated Hillary so much you would have gotten us a better Republican candidate than fucking Trump. I'm not voting for some donkey who doesn't even know what happened in Ukraine but still defends Russia over it just because he's not Hillary because as bad as Hillary is, not being Hillary doesn't automatically make you the better option. She's shit and he's shit.
>>
>>85178561
Gems aren't human. Death is more extreme for them, given that 1)They're immortal by default 2)Poofing them is effective enough 3)Shattering them would result in a splintered agonized consciousness, a fate far worse than death.
>>
>>85178634
>she's got a good voice acting career ahead of her
>if she decides to do more.

more what
>>
File: grinch.gif (841KB, 335x425px) Image search: [Google]
grinch.gif
841KB, 335x425px
>>85178656
>voting for Trump
Woah there slow your horses. I'm voting for Johnson
>>
I cant wait to find out how much of a piece of shit rose actually is
>>
She went nuts and attacked Steven. Not to mention if she'd have been unbubbled earlier Lapis, Peridot and the Rubies would have been killed. Even in terms of pure war effort, Steven is superior because he's able to rally people to Rose's cause.

I hope they do unbubble her later on though.
>>
>>85178561
>You're denying them all their free will by locking them in a prison that doesn't allow them to even move
Bismuth and the others make it obvious the other gems don't exactly have free will and never considered it until Rose came along, barring Garnet's straight out of anime trip-into-rape. They're not denying them their freewill, they're detaining them until they CAN be freed.

Admittedly it would be nice to see them try that on any gems before reluctantly bubbling them again, but this is Steven Universe, not a consistently good show.
>>
>>85178637
>to ISIS
That's wrong. At best it's a gross oversimplification of what actually happened. I'm a little tired of your /pol/ talking points that relies on people already agreeing with you.
>>
>>85178673
Voice acting, dumdum.
>>
>>85178684
Anon, I'm sorry.
But Rose will ultimately just end up being Well Intentioned with some mistakes but hardly a piece of shit.
>>
File: image_0_1.png (204KB, 438x515px)
image_0_1.png
204KB, 438x515px
>>85178684
SHOW US THE EMAILS, ROSE.
SHOW US ALL HOW YOU PUT CRAZY LACE, BIG, AND SNOWFLAKE IN DANGER WITH YOUR INSECURE AND ANTIQUATED SERVERS THAT EVEN A NON-CERTIFIED KINDERGARTENER COULD HACK.
>>
>>85178684
She was a qt that liked to fuck human men instead of murder people.

Honestly trying to physically murder your leader over a simple disagreement is treason, if it wasn't for Rose's love of life shattering Bismuth would have been a plausible response.

I can see her not telling the rebellion for both practical reasons like if others were so consumed by anger and murder-happy it could cause discord and the movement itself to fracture as CG came into conflict with CG over the concept, but also for idealistic reasons in that she didn't want Bismuth's friends to know what kind of death-hungry fanatic she had become to the point she would actually attack Rose.
>>
File: images.jpg (2KB, 104x118px)
images.jpg
2KB, 104x118px
>"I did not have sexual relations with that gem"
It's all fitting together now...
>>
File: a7c.jpg (99KB, 543x981px) Image search: [Google]
a7c.jpg
99KB, 543x981px
>>
File: Ow_the_edge.jpg (63KB, 400x366px)
Ow_the_edge.jpg
63KB, 400x366px
>Bismuth is introduced
>/pol/ - I mean /co/ hates her because black
>Episode comes out
>/co/ loves her because violence

Coming here is becoming less enjoyable by the day.
>>
File: pie.gif (2MB, 350x257px) Image search: [Google]
pie.gif
2MB, 350x257px
>autists are incapable of understanding that it's a fictional world where dealing with someone non-lethally is just as effective and easy as killing them

it's undertale all over again
>>
>>85178881
>her
You keep using that word, I don't think you know what it really means.
>>
>>85178881
/pol/ likes Bismuth because she was right. And Rose is a liar. An evil liar and the show proves this more and more with each new revelation.
>>
>>85178883
Monsters living on the surface seems like a disaster waiting to happen, since a single kid without even a real weapon can genocide their whole society.

Not to mention the ones that have the whole inadvertently harming people with what they consider to be innocuous actions.
>>
>>85173414
A diamond was already on Earth anon and Rose literally broke into Blue's Citadel so she obviously got the Diamond's attention.
>>
>>85172539
Yeah explain to any lapis fan that.

If she had used that thing during the war lapis would be shattered and forgotten millennia ago.
>>
>>85178938

you still have no reason to murder them when mercy is just as easy and as effective
>>
>>85178952
So what? Lapis was somewhere she shouldnt have been in the first place.
>>
>>85178964
This. Collateral damage.
>>
>>85178952
Lapis and her fans are shit.
>>
>>85178952
Lapis is worst gem, she is a rapist, an ocean-thief and an upper-crust bitch.
>>
>>85178989
Lapis almost caused the extinction of all life on earth daily reminder.
>>
>>85179007
Also the scale of her power makes no damn sense when compared to every other gem we've seen, it absolutely shatters the suspension of disbelief
>>
>>85179007
>>85178989
Its okay though, she put it back
>>
>>85178847

Holy shit
>>
This may well be the most hideous design from this show yet.
>>
Stab, Poof, Bubble. Stab, Poof, Buble.
Slow stab, poof.

Why would her weapon be so revolutionary again?

Heck even if you wanted to kill the gems why not just crunch them after they poofed.
>>
>>85176539
AT THE COST OF HUMAN LIVES
>>
Bismuth was right, killing your enemies for good wins the war for the rest of time.
>>
>>85178488
sixty years isn't nearly enough time to reverse prejudice
>>
>>85174710
I thought it was pretty clear that Lapis is the strongest gem on the planet, especially since her powers give her an unfair advantage on earth where it's mostly covered in water.
>>
>>85179434
It's a revolution, not a war. Killing thr higher ups is fine but the point is to sway the general populace to your side, not kill them all, especially when Rose already had an instant PoW maker weapon
>>
>>85178684
>Saved all organic life on Earth
>Didn't mercilessly slaughter the people she was trying tk save when they were conditioned to fight her
>Bubbled one of her supporters who went radical to avoid tarnishing that gem's friendships with the others, and saving countless lives in return
What a cunt
>>
>Hotep tribe trying to claim the accomplishments of the Arab Golden Age for sub saharan Africa
What is this thread anymore
>>
>>85179246
>This may well be the most hideous design from this show yet
Her mouth is what was disrupting the whole time.
>>
>>85173006
She believed it was the same person that put her in a 5000 years coma and hid it from everyone, though.
>>
I'm gonna copy-paste from /sug/.

>Hey, Rose!
>You know our enemies?
>The ones we recruit all our membership from by persuasion, since you hate kindergartens
>You know, what we can do because Homeworld is so shitty that we look good despite our stated aim of living on a ball of dirt instead of an advanced planet-city customized for our species
>I had an idea:
>We kill them as soon as we meet them
>All you need is to hit them in one single very small spot on their body that only has a 50% chance to be facing you in the first place, with this large cumbersome spike that will occupy your hand and not be good for much else
>What, you're worried about us being "as bad as homeworld"?
>I don't see what THAT has to do with anything
>It's not like any of our own team defected because they hated homeworld's brutal tactics and thought we were better than them!
>Anyway I can totally see this personal melee weapon as the edge we need to conquer a planet and commit genocide
>>
>>85174085
Anon they haven't gotten green lit for anymore seasons.
TTG SuperNoobs and Gumball have all gotten renewals for next season.
Steven is still waiting
>>
>>85179839
The CGs hated HW because of its YOU DO WHAT I SAY policy not because of any brutal tactics.
>>
>>85178775
>>85178684
>crooked rose
>>
>>85179889
This
the unspeakable shit happen after the war
>>
>>85179889
>>85179898
Im starting to Think Rose killed herself to become Steven to avoid the guilt of everything she had done. I mean fuck maybe she discovered the Cluster and wanted to off herself at the thought all her followers are now just a massive abomination. Yesterdays episode shows she has secrets she hides from people
>>
File: 1459594567463.jpg (68KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459594567463.jpg
68KB, 800x600px
The Bismuth episode confirmed Rose as a pretty awful person and a terrible leader, and Steven is no better than Gon from HunterxHunter.

Bismuth better come the fuck back, I can't believe I ended up liking the rainbow gorilla as much as I did.
>>
what do humans do to deal with corrupted gems?
>>
File: tumblr_obf1nenNoi1qhjcclo1_1280.jpg (425KB, 1280x1338px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obf1nenNoi1qhjcclo1_1280.jpg
425KB, 1280x1338px
>>85179246
her older designs almost look better. Though arguably too sinister.
>>
>>85179939
Gon actually tries to murder all of his enemeis though.
>>
File: 1278663665477.jpg (37KB, 500x543px)
1278663665477.jpg
37KB, 500x543px
>>85179966
>like a ninja turtle
>>
>>85179889
>>85179898
>not because of any brutal tactics

We literally saw Sapphire grab Ruby and run because of how brutal a punishment Blue Diamond set down for the crime of accidental cross-gem fusion. If BD had been more compassionate that wouldn't have happened and the CGs wouldn't have been introduced to fusion at all.
>>
File: n23-566d.jpg (200KB, 672x594px) Image search: [Google]
n23-566d.jpg
200KB, 672x594px
>>85179246
To be fair, Bismuths are hideous monstrosities.
>>
>>85179940
They use guns and shoot the gems.
>>
>>85180027
Thats just Gaynet anon the other CGs probably got fed up with taking orders from HW.
>George Washington carver
>A Black American
>A Black America in a white civilization
>Not a Black African in Africa before the year 1800 A.D

Try again anon show me something that blacks invented from scratch.
>>
>>85179926
We knew she kept secrets well before that. What with Lion and all. I'm starting to wonder if Steven was ever to meet Lion in the first place, perhaps Lion chose to meet Steven from his own free will, despite orders from Rose.
>>
>>85180067
>Black inventions after 1800 don't count for anything
Okay show me anything useful a white Celt invented before meeting the Romans.
>>
>>85180038
You take that back, you son of a bitch.
>>
Why the fuck cant Lion talk?
>>
>>85180109
It's not a gem.
>>
>>85180109
Stop lion around and start taking care of Bismuth.
>>
>>85180105
Romans are white people anon. Though our first civilization Crete was much cleaner than any shithole in 1500 A.D Africa.

Take a look at black guys this is what the very first white civilization built, this architecture is more complex than any crap your "kingdom" built period and this is our first civilization what does that tell you about the difference between you and us.
>>
>>85172539
>bismuth
>a metal with a very low melting point
>you could even melt it in a high-end home oven
>SU has it working in a forge, even taking a hot lava bath
>>
>>85180038
Bismuths are beautiful
>perfect geometrical shapes
>rainbow colors
>>
File: Snowflake_Obsidi_105.jpg (174KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Snowflake_Obsidi_105.jpg
174KB, 1024x768px
>>85178847
Snowflake when?
>>
>>85180144
>your
Why do you assume he's black?
>>
>>85180067
So you either aren't good at articulating your points or you like moving goal posts. I'm from Jersey so I know fuck all about African history proper or the history of colonial Africa as it pertains to this conversation outside of the events of Rawanda. Seriously, fuck the Dutch for instituting a pseudo caste system based on Superficial hereditary traits what eventually lead to economic disparity enough for assholes who can go fuck themselves to attempt a genocide.
>>
>>85180144
>the very first white civilization

jesus fuck you don't even know white people's fucking history

how are you even defining "white people"
>>
>>85180227
The oldest European civilization is Crete formed by the ancient Minoans in 3300 B.C making it the very white civilization anon.
>>
>>85180227
You're not very smart are you?
Or can you just not help yourself?
>>
>>85180067
>Thats just Gaynet anon the other CGs probably got fed up with taking orders from HW.

We know exactly five crystal gems: Rose, Pearl, Ruby, Sapphire, and Bismuth.

Rose rebelled because muh planet and wanting to not be told what to do
Bismuth rebelled because mu proletariat and wanting to not be told what to do
Pearl rebelled because muh Rose
Ruby and Sapphire rebelled because muh not getting shattered

Are you positing that we have a rebellion against people who use inappropriately brutal punishments for minor infractions, and telling me you're sure that no-one rebelled precisely to escape the inappropriate brutality?
>>
>>85178847
>Crazy Lace
Shit, I thought she said Crazy Legs. I had a hell of a fun time imagining how that gem might look.
>>
>>85180288
Bismuth rebelled because she is an engineer with her own ideas and wanted to see them rather than be told to do the same static things by HW over and over. She even treated her purpose as boring as shit.
>>
>>85180278
>>85180250
>The oldest European civilization is Crete formed by the ancient Minoans in 3300 B.C

There are large complicated barrow tombs in the british isles that would have needed large-scale organization and centralized authority, and cultural ties spanning equally large masses of land, centuries before that. What are you defining as the starting point for "civilization"?

Anyway, that's european, not "white". I'll ask again, what's your definition of whiteness today?
>>
>>85180351
White is a collective term for all the natives in Euro ding dong.

Well anon white people built those tombs because again there are only white people in Europe.
>>
>>85180144
So then doesnt that mean celtics and nordics are savages who only benefited from intervention with the Romans? And anyone of pure or near pure nordic or celtic descent is a filthy tree savage who is only benefiting from the advancements the Romans set in motion for them?
Also meaning they aren't true white people? They are just people with similar skin color, like albinos, and are still inferior?
>>
>>85180371

The point where this started is a guy going "look at how great these buildings are that the very first white civilization made", and they weren't the first white civilization, we don't know who exactly was but there were earlier civilizations and the stuff they made wasn't that great.
>>
>>85175241
Yeah, its a complicated issue that Steven had to make a decision about which explains why certain parts of the fandom are losing their shit.
>>
>>85178938
>Monsters living on the surface seems like a disaster waiting to happen, since a single kid without even a real weapon can genocide their whole society.

On the flipside, monsters can turn into giant world-destroying tyrants if they end up absorbing a few human souls.

Monsters and humans are simply incompatible.
>>
>>85179966
>literally has sans's face

I'm glad they didn't go with that one.
>>
It's like the crew really works HARD to make the characters' physical aspect horrible.
>>
>>85178580
>and flooded the ghettos with crack
>thereby driving down the the property values
>making them easier to buy out

Are you sure that wasn't (R)onald (R)eagan who actually did that?
>>
>>85180055
why don't the gems use guns?
>>
>>85172539
Fact is, even if she's back, she will never be a Crystal Gem again. She just doesn't think the same way the remaining members do.
>>
We have a history board for crying out loud, take that shit there.
>>
>>85173261
she was a gud gurl, anon, she dindu nuffin.
>>
>>85179884

WTF you smoking anon? We got at least two more seasons, AND its going to continue after summer of Steven, just once a week.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/30/steven-universe-uncle-grandpa-renewed-season-5-cartoon-network
>>
>ITT: "Let's just kill everyone who ever wrongs us! That'll make us the good guys!"
>>
>>85173764
>There were, and still are, people who didn't realize that the intro isn't the full song and the role call is there SPECIFICALLY to make you think the other three won't join the core cast.

Either they're gonna use a different part or there's gonna be a new intro.
These same people don't realize that the full version of the credits song will be performed in one of the last episodes.
>>
>>85176586
There's no motivation to do so in times of peace. Scientific progress comes slowly because governments can't always afford to focus on it in addition to the other responsibilities they handle and, unless there's a chance to make a lot of money off of it, private investors won't touch it, which automatically disqualifies any sort of technological progress that would end up saving people more money in the long run. (ie, treating diseases instead of curing them)

Things like computers, transistors, rockets, and various modern medical breakthroughs wouldn't have come to pass without a war to encourage scientific progress.
>>
>>85178394
>Denies the absurdly well documented the southern strategy

get back to pol
>>
>>85172539
>she

That's a man, babeh!
>>
>>85173081
that was bismuth
>>
File: 1469822130773.jpg (95KB, 909x839px) Image search: [Google]
1469822130773.jpg
95KB, 909x839px
Did she actually smash gems or just make a weapon that theoretically could?

Because the latter is totally a good idea.
>>
>IIT: people who never watched gundam
>>
File: 1469719406283.jpg (41KB, 544x626px)
1469719406283.jpg
41KB, 544x626px
>>85172539
You realize her weapon was essentially the human equivalent of;
>We're killing their soldiers but they just keep fighting
>We gotta hit them so hard in the civilian population to force them to want to stop

Gems have the ability to be completely neutralized easily without needing be destroyed. In a rebellion that essentially wants to free others of the same species from the mindset of the Diamonds then 100% permakilling them is NOT the goal. You can easily KO them, bubble them, go Big Boss on them and recruit them or keep em indefinitely detained. There is no feesible reason to permakilling them except MAH REVENGE
>>
>>85172539
Bismuth was savage af with a heroic, vengeful heart of JUSTICE. Its no wonder the beta su fandom cant appreciate anyone with the backbone to do the wrong thing for the greater good.
>>
>>85179973
Not really. Just the ones he thinks are bad on his bizarro morality.

He was entirely okay with the worst criminals in the world until he found them personally disagreeable
>>
>>85173834
Shattering is arguably worse than death.

>>85176539
>consolidation of cultures
you fucker it ends up driving a massive grudge between them that can last centuries
>systems of governance
that near universally comes during peacetime
>technological increase
only for technologies we already have a grasp on. very little 'new' tech gets introduced, only improved uses for existing tech. And it ain't exactly beneficial for the civilian population. Actual new military technology is, again, usually developed during peacetime.
>intellectual achievement
you're literally either having them think about warfare or sending them into battle. not a lot of intellectual activity going on during war.
>spiritual contemplation
out of the terror of their imminent deaths and the despair that such suffering exists on this earth.
>Show my a war that isn't considered modern that you can't see any positives coming out of. Not for one side's perspective or the other but collectively in the long run.
The Thirty Year's War was pretty bad.
>>
File: 1469330784184.jpg (51KB, 819x613px)
1469330784184.jpg
51KB, 819x613px
>>85175346
>>
>>85181197
But tumblr agrees with her
>>
File: Kevin-.png (327KB, 1812x4386px)
Kevin-.png
327KB, 1812x4386px
>>85173081
not a gem, but....
>>
>>85172539
A weapon that can only shatter can put you in a situation where you're unable to take the enemy alive and not because they forced It
>>
>>85172539
What about trying to kill a child who disagreed with your murderweapon
>>
>>85172539
that episode was basically
>"Where's Poochie?" the episode
>>
>>85178634
Isn't it crazy eyes from oitnb?
>>
>>85179345
I suposse a diamond is harder to crush without the correct tools
>>
>>85181432
>"poochie got ideological rabies and had to be put down" the episode
>>
File: 1452231779504.png (139KB, 596x606px) Image search: [Google]
1452231779504.png
139KB, 596x606px
And instead of talking with her over all the points that were made in this thread they will just let her stayed bubbled. Unable to think about about it and maybe starting to have a different view of things.

Kek, close friend and founding member my ass!
>>
>>85174371
Hi Trigglypuff
>>
>>85177187
>>85177361
>>85177250
It's a Pile Bunker, not an actual WMD. It's only there for the cool effect and not something to be used with practicality, especially since the way you wield requires you have to be as strong and accurate as Bismuth's.
>>
>>85181693

Steven had no problem wielding it, and he sure as fuck isn't strong as bismuth
>>
>>85181517
That really only applies if she stays bubbled until the very end of the show. Her forge is way too cool for them to not unbubble her some time later and reconcile.
>>
Remember that show that aired a long, long time ago called Avatar The Last Airbender?

Remember how the entire ending of the series was about the morality of killing someone and how he had deal with having to make that choice?

Remember how Aang locked away all his friends forever for suggesting that killing may be a necessity?
>>
I WANT TO SEE SMOKEY QUARTZ IN ACTION!
>>
>>85181861
I didn't know they tried to kill Aang for disagreeing
>>
>>85181997
We still have no proof Bismuth tried to fight Rose. All we know is Rose didnt accept the pile bunker and then bubbled Bismuth. Bismuth may have only just attacked Steven this time out of fear.
>>
if steven told Bismuth about the cluster, would our blacksmith friend have reconsidered shattering gems?

>hey, you know what necromancy is? yeah, homeworld is turning the dead into amalgamatations of themselves.
>they range from two hands crawling on the walls like spiders to monsters about your size
>lemme tell you about the cluster...
>>
>>85174100
>An entire largely populated planet destroyed as a propaganda/fear-mongering tool
War is shit for the people involved, is what anon meant.
>>
>>85174681
Gold star post, my man.
>>
>>85173764

you can generally tell how long a character is gonna be around based on their VA.
uzo is part of an insanely popular show and doesn't do cartoons regularly. same with minaj.
>>
>>85175346

the genderless thing has never even been brought up in the show, it's just a side comment from sugar, so for all intents and purposes gems are women without any gender bullshit going on
and why does she have to look feminine? there's plenty of buff and manly looking women out there, and most of the gem designs are pretty girly

if you want every character to have the same ultra-feminine face and body, go watch anime
>>
>>85172539
shes going to join the CG's at some point down the line apparently.
>>
File: wastes-feature.png (300KB, 550x300px)
wastes-feature.png
300KB, 550x300px
>>85180038
Dude that thing looks rad as fuck. It's like it got touched by a gay Eldrazi or some shit.
>>
>>85179787
Likely for trying to beat the shit out of her last commander and not listening to reason. Wanting to kill in war isn't an incredibly new concept obviously. Attacking and beating people you're supposed to be loyal to because they say no and how everyone choosing to ignore that is where everyone's gone full retard.
>>
>>85174128
Doesn't matter when the fights are garbage
>>
>>85175638
Thank you!
>>
File: you'rejoking.jpg (53KB, 618x412px)
you'rejoking.jpg
53KB, 618x412px
>Literally One rule
>Don't fucking shatter gems
>Diamonds had corruption song up their sleeve the whole fucking time
>Bismuth wanted to shatter gems to win
>Would have resulted in more shards for the cluster because the Diamonds don't really give a fuck
>Bismuth attacking Rose first because she said no to her
>Rose didn't shatter her, just poof and bubbled, which is more like a nap
>Kept it a secret from her friends as to not kill fucking morale at the end of the war
>Voice actor is black so it must be racist because she's semi violent, same people don't complain about Jasper being "black-coded"
>Tumblretes the same people who get mad when they are slightly inconvenienced are mad because Bismuth didn't get a chance to murder lesbian rocks doing their job

Hitler was right
Tumblrinas should off themselves
Bismuth got what she deserved
Rose Quartz is a fucking soldier
and Bismuth will probably be back at some point.
>>
File: 1469837636270.png (244KB, 348x546px)
1469837636270.png
244KB, 348x546px
>She
>Her
Sure
>>
>>85184931
Thas a gril gem anon
>>
File: rose is canadian.jpg (136KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
rose is canadian.jpg
136KB, 600x338px
>>
>>85178847
Dumb question, but wouldn't pearl recognize the gems in their mane?
>>
>>85185365
It's so much easier to just tender them unconscious for all eternity.
>>
>>85177809
Kek
>>
>>85172539

She got Poussey killed.
>>
The Breaking Point isn't a matter of fighting hate with hate, it's about fighting war crimes with war crimes. I fucking hate Tumblr's brand of armchair radicalism.
>>
>>85185458
there are probably more than one each of those quartz
even if she did think it was them specifically, she'd be used to seeing old friends by now
>>
I feel everyone thinks that shattering = killing, but it works pretty differently desu. Shattering means you try to reform and eventually become a gibbering monstrosity. The only benefits are psychological, like performing lobotomies instead of simply incarcerating prisoners. With Rose's way, at least they could come around eventually. I also see why Rose kept bismuth a secret for a few hundred years, you can't splinter an already small group into different factions, infighting would mean Homeworld would steamroll them even harder. Her refusal to tell when millenia had passed though, that's simply hubris and an unwillingness to be seen as anything other than a perfect leader.
>>
File: bismuth.png (4KB, 200x200px)
bismuth.png
4KB, 200x200px
Bismuth is Bi confirmed.
>>
You know at first I really was on Bismuth's side, but then I thought about everything we know about gem shards and how shattering doesn't even kill the gem. Bubbling seems to work pretty well when it comes to containing dangerous gems, so why did Bismuth just want to mercilessly condemn every homeworld gem to such a fate? I guess it's probably because she didn't know about the gem shard monsters, but even if she did know about that stuff do you think that she would still push her shattering agenda?
>>
All in all the breaking point would be a pretty useful closeful murder weapon in our world, I mean an automatic heart stabbing device. Also it not only stabs it also deals impact damage meaning it will break your ribs as well.
>>
>>85185768
Bismuth was driven by hatred. She punched Lapis for no reason whatsoever, and frequently spoke of her hatred towards the "uppercrusts"
>>
>>85185727
>come around
Yh come around to killing Rose when her guard is down because the HW soldiers really love the Diamonds. Now lets try to imagine how many CGS got shattered.
>>85185768
Shattered gems are dead anon, you are acting like if I sliced up your brain and hook up each piece to a biosuit that "you" would still exist.
>>
>>85172539
She was a black woman in a show thats lead by a White male, what do you think she did wrong?
>>
>>85185840
Bismuth hit Lapis because she thought she was a soldier dumbass, and notice Bismuth didnt just stomp on Lapis when she poofed either.
>>
>>85185840
Yeah the whole proletariat uprising was super ham fisted. And did we get a confirmation that it's the same Bismuth?
>>85185851
>human physiology is comparable to an inorganic alien
We've even been shown that shards aren't dead. Or did you just forget about the cluster and the shard monsters? It's not like slicing up the brain so much as it's like if every single piece of your body stayed alive and retained a portion of your consciousness.
>>
>>85185864
You do know that Rebecca Sugar isn't actually a little boy, right?
>>
>>85185939
>We've even been shown that shards aren't dead.
Those are like pieces of your brain anon there is no person there just automanous instincts.
>>
So how long before we see Bismuth and Jasper team up and fuse?
>>
>>85185991
Are you sure about that?
>>
>>85185658
Odd how it becomes "the enemy's tactic" as soon as the evil inherent in it becomes obvious. Not that it stops the edgy types from doing the exact same thing they falsely accuse others of, while still accusing them of the same thing and calling them hypocrites.
>>
File: 22.jpg (147KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
147KB, 620x420px
>>85180038
This shit is so beautiful you must be baiting anon
>>
>Goes against Rose's entire message
>Fights Rose
>Wakes up
>Doesn't tell the other gems why they were gone
>Secretly shows steven the weapon
>Tries to kill him
>Gives him shit because his mom didn't tell the others even though Bismuth kept the weapon a secret too.

No, Bismuth was in the wrong and unreasonable about a lot of things.

Rose was wrong not telling everyone.
>>
File: 1469685699149.jpg (34KB, 399x559px)
1469685699149.jpg
34KB, 399x559px
>mfw this thread exists
>>
File: 101298720860.jpg (11KB, 480x360px)
101298720860.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>85172539
>blm: the design
>>
>>85172539
>She
I don't watch this show, but that's clearly a masculine figure. The gems aren't supposed to have genders, so referring to them as female is just an arbitrary thing based on the fact that they look feminine, right? So how is an obviously male design considered female?
>>
>>85185741
Attracted to two different things: other gems, and weapons
>>
>>85174681
In other words they're actually becoming the people they hate and just repeating history. Honestly Steven is more mature than the majority of people who watch the show.
>>
>>85185991
That's debatable.
>>
>>85186138
The short answer is, she has a female voice and a simplistic face. The body may look buff/stocky but if you look at that face you can't pretend it looks female or male at all.

It sounds stupid and it kinda is, a little but. But I'll give it a pass, especially since there's no reason to mention it other than to b8 on the internet.
>>
>>85183408
... where did you think the Wastes got its inspiration from?
>>
>>85186138
Biological sex or physical makeup =/= gender. I don't think the gems even have genitals, so physically they aren't 'female', they're just feminine, which is why they call each other 'she' or whatever. Rebecca Sugar answered a question about this years ago in a way that's caused a lot of confusing and fighting, but I think if she was asked again she'd probably rephrase it. The gems are just gems basically, they can look like whatever but still call each other she.
>>
>>85186318
Thank you. My intention was gaining an understanding rather than baiting.

>>85186367
So it is entirely arbitrary? That's less logical than doing it based on their physical characteristics, and doesn't it mean there is no problem if someone wants to call all of the gems "he"?

>Biological sex or physical makeup =/= gender
I'll agree to disagree. Debating it won't get either of us anywhere.
>>
File: 1465344601165.gif (108KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1465344601165.gif
108KB, 256x192px
>>85183408
>gay eldrazi
>>
>>85186586
You could technically call them 'he', but prepare for some butthurt from fans. However the gems call themselves she so I don't really see the point of calling them he, but if you want, go ahead I guess.

Even if you for some reason don't believe biological sex =/= gender in humans, these are aliens we're talking about, and they don't even have reproductive organs. They can call themselves whatever they want. They just happen to be more 'feminine' so they go by she, that's all.
>>
>>85186586
>So it is entirely arbitrary?
Yes.

>doesn't it mean there is no problem if someone wants to call all of the gems "he"?
Considering how much it doesn't matter to them, it's more likely that the issue of pronouns never occurs to them. If Amethyst wants to be a man she can just turn into Purple Puma and be chill with it.
>>
>>85172539
>she
>her
>body structure is clearly male
What we're they thinking?!
>>
>>85172539
>>
>>85186736
>>85186748
WRONG

SHE IS A BIG BLACK WOMAN WITH A GIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAANT VAGINAAAAAA
>>
>>85186684
Actually, let me reiterate. It's not even about them being 'feminine'. Bismuth isn't 'feminine' in a traditional sense at all. Some of them are, but they don't have to be. They just go by 'she', that's it. I don't know why, I guess they just want to. Aliens don't care about our idiotic rules about what's female or male, they just do what they want. Amethyst could shapeshift in the manliest looking gem ever and still call herself she, because why the hell not.
>>
>>85181693
Ahh so it was mad for Bismuth to take her aggression out on the diamonds. Makes sense.

>>85181792
I don't know, they have shown Steven is getting pretty strong lugging around heavy music equipment by himself in that ep with sour cream and throwing the rock at amethyst.
>>
File: lana-stinkeye.gif (310KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
lana-stinkeye.gif
310KB, 500x282px
>>85186780
>>
>>85181693
I don't think you have to be particularly strong to use, at least by gem standards.
But actually lining up the perfect kill shot on it would be more impractical than normal combat, so it wouldn't actually give any kind of advantage in turning the tide of the war.
>>
>>85186970
No I think having your consciousness smashed into a million pieces so all you can ever feel is fractured and incomplete and grasping for the lost pieces of yourself you'll never find is much, much worse than just being unconscious and then waking up without feeling any pain.
>>
>>85186970
Shattering is the fate worse then death, since like you said their consciousness doesn't end when that happens. It just becomes horribly fragmented as they attempt to reform for all eternity.

Bubbling is the only way a gem can rest in peace.
>>
>The diamonds face when you just bubbled your last chance to rebuild your rebellion and and make any sort of real slight against them
>The diamonds face when more people have suffered due to your moralfaggotry
>The diamonds face when you're actually only a nuisance and it would only take a jailing cell with a door instead of a field to defeat you
>The diamonds face when those piece of shit Rubies finally get their shit together and find Jasper and she tells you all of this
>The diamonds face when you lost all your friends and soon your life because you're a pathological altruist
>>
Somebody actually explain how the Breaking Point would've turned things around for the rebellion.
>>
God watching early Season 1 Steven is way too awkward.
>>
>>85187443
We actually saw Roses sword cut a cluster in half in nightmare hospital. What the fuck.

But then again it was a cluster gem which is probably unstable and easier to break since its already been shattered so much. Bismuth said it could break any gem, so maybe that implies Roses sword cant cut gems above a certain level of power? I mean this is a weapons designed specifically to shatter gems with a lot more impact and power then a sword
>>
>>85186065
Well homeworld was the first to shatter gems, use captured gems as tools, and of course corruption
>>
I haven't been on the /co/ since the last sproing of new episodes what have I missed in terms of steven universe?
>>
>>85185458
Corrupted gems look a bit different than non corrupted gems. When Steven healed Centipeedle a bit, the gem actually morphed shape.
>>
>>85187822
if someone bullies you are 100% justified in murdering them and everyone they know
>>
>>85174784
She's cute, all she has to do is sharpen her eyeliner skills
>>
>>85187675
Rose's sword can cut though any gem body, yet leave the gem itself intact. It's basically the reverse Breaking Point.
>>
>>85176479
Emu War
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 559x484px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 559x484px
>>85178365
.... Are you retarded?
>>
>>85181059
The latter.
>>
>>85178365
People shrug off tasers with enough adrenaline or sometimes just push through the pain.

Glue really isn't feasible and can be iffy on ethics. Engineering a glue that is strong enough to hold a say 250 lbs man who is sweating would cause a lot of problems. Mostly with making it not kill someone because the force required might just make it a shotgun that makes it difficult to treat wounds. Also the glue would have to be non-toxic and allergenic. It could also tear flesh.
>>
>>85175346
WHOCARES
H
O
C
A
R
E
S
>>
>>85178248
>Democratic Party
The dems fought against racial equality tooth and nail anon.
>>
>>85180900
Wait, Uncle Grandpa got renewed? I thought there was a big hullabaloo about it being canceled without notice to the artists.
>>
File: kool-aid.png (31KB, 386x414px)
kool-aid.png
31KB, 386x414px
>>85178394

so what's your fav. grape or cherry?
>>
>>85178417
>he Democratic Party of today is EXACTLY THE SAME AS A HUNDRED YEARS AGO"
Wasn't even that long ago
>>
>>85178488
>How in your retard mind is me saying A HUNDRED YEARS as hyperbole anywhere similar to "overnight"?
Do you think the 1960's and 70's are 100 years ago?
I mean it may have been before you were born but come on man.
>>
>>85172539
she dindu indeed
>>
>>85173414
>Bismuth bubbled
>HW sees that the rebels are slaying gems but not hurting the gem itself
>Only decides to corrupt bomb em and leave the earth alone

>Bismuth not bubbled
>HW sees the rebels escalating in violence and shattering all their gems
>Blow up earth

nice anon.
>>
>>85189097
Nevermind that if its strong enough to detain people its strong enough to Smother them to death if you got their face.

This isn't magic spiderman glue
>>
>>85172539
>lesbian gorilla
How anyone over the age of 12 can watch this show is beyond me. SU fans are the new bronies
>>
DICKS OUT FOR BISMUTH.

STEPHAN WILL NEVER EVER UNDERSTAND THE GORILLA WARFARE.

THAT REALLY CRUMBLED MY GEMMIES

I think that all the gorilla maymays I can remember
>>
>>85188195
I meant to say a clusters gem
>>
>>85191670
But the sword didn't cut through their gems.
>>
Does the episode air in Canada at the same time? In an hour?
>>
>>85173764
After Jasper gets corrupted she won't be. I give her two episodes tops.
>>
>>85190824
pack more buzzwords in your post, don't half ass it
>>
>>85191787
YEAH THAT

THAT'S WHAT HE SAID

HE SAID IT ONLY CUTS THEIR BODIES
>>
>>85191887
OK
>>
>>85177309
Inside her hole it looks like it's daytime even when there's no light
>>
>>85189654
>as hyperbole
>as hyperbole
>the point of the post is that it's the opposite of overnight
>60's and 70's is "overnight"

And yes, even if we take "overnight" as hyperbole, that would be retarded, because it was half a century ago. The 70s is almost half a century ago. Check your watch, check your calender, check the math if you're old enough.
>>
>>85179966
quality gift for steven, bismuth
>>
>>85182371
Honestly Steven and the Gems did an awful job explaining how the war actually wound up with the Cluster and the Corruption Song, being left alone for five thousand years, and the Earth only being saved because Peridot was willing to switch sides. Like Bismuth would still probably want to shatter the diamonds, but she wouldn't think the Breaking Point was needed at this time.
>>
>>85192006
She is literally made of light, what do you expect? Her cootch probably doubles as a flashlight.
>>
File: 1470272105933.png (330KB, 932x713px) Image search: [Google]
1470272105933.png
330KB, 932x713px
>It's another "pasty white /pol/-browsing teenagers throw a tantrum over a light hearted piece of media depicting war, weapons and death as bad things" episode.

The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little more about fighting then you do, pal, because he invented it.
>>
>>85183968
>Attacking and beating people you're supposed to be loyal to because they say no and how everyone choosing to ignore that is where everyone's gone full retard.
Maybe you're new to this concept because your new to the planet - but 99% of other species operate on this principle so it shouldn't be hard to accept a foreign alien species of survivors operate on the same principle:
SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST, MOTHERFUCKER!
>>
Is there a stream tonight?
>>
>>85172643
He kills so many people without a flip
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CceQISThDYQ
>>
>>85194205
>taking politics from comedians seriously
>>
>>85194609
Are you talking about Jim or Trump?
>>
>>85194609
I had to stop 1/3 through. He was witty at best, but nothing to take seriously.
>>
File: 1469327100733.png (653KB, 1239x683px) Image search: [Google]
1469327100733.png
653KB, 1239x683px
>>85193887
>>
File: lv62FxD (1).jpg (77KB, 680x680px)
lv62FxD (1).jpg
77KB, 680x680px
The moral of a childrens cartoon episode: Murder is wrong
Tumblr: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Nice.gif (1MB, 386x286px) Image search: [Google]
Nice.gif
1MB, 386x286px
>>85193588
gave me a nice little laugh
>>
>>85195312
>being this delusional
They are BOTH horrible candidates. BOTH OF THEM ARE AWFUL. Get that through you're thick skull.
>>
You know that weapon is gonna resurface and gets used on Jasper, right?
>>
>>85196889
>supporting a traitor
I supported noone - how many times can i say THEY ARE BOTH AWFUL CANDIDATES before you get it through your thick skull that THEY ARE BOTH UNWORTHY TO LEAD A COUNTRY you ignorant twat
>>
>people actually think she was right
>>
>>85191787
>>85191887
okay if you look at the scene where connie makes a downward cut through a cluster while protecting her mom and look at what they bubble afterwards as opposed to all the clusters gems before hand you can clearly see she cut one of the gems in fucking half
>>
>>85189957
Dude your describing Spider-Man webs.

Most people and cops aren't 8/10 shots hit the body types. It's like 6/50 are close.

A big part of guns is that they are a threat psychologically. You know that you could very likely be injured if you don't comply.
>>
Why did steven lock her away? He already gave his faggoty tearful speech, her mind was changed just like lapis and peridot.

Seriously just un bubble that bitch and have her keep making weapons to defend earth. What the fuck is the point of introducing the character only to get rid of her 20 minutes later? To shit on Rose some more?

This episode was tantamount to filler.
>>
>>85193887
Like M.A.D and blocking imports to USSR.

Or the commies and infiltrating American institutions in order to destroy values and morals.
>>
>>85197728
>Why did steven lock her away? He already gave his faggoty tearful speech, her mind was changed just like lapis and peridot.
No it wasn't.

All Lapis wanted to do was go back home, and Steven tried to help her do that.

All Peridot wanted to do was survive and Steven helped her do that.

But all Bismuth wanted to do was destroy the upper crust.

>What the fuck is the point of introducing the character only to get rid of her 20 minutes later? To shit on Rose some more?

Or you know show that even the rebellion was complicated and show us what a Crystal Gem extremist looked like and the kind of difficult decisions Rose had to make and now Steven has to make but yeah sure "filler". Fucking asshole.
>>
>>85180943
>These same people don't realize that the full version of the credits song will be performed in one of the last episodes.

I didn't even know there WAS a credits song.
>>
>>85197773
>>
>>85197728
>This episode was tantamount to filler.

Yeah, if you ignore it resolving a mystery that's been lingering for over 60 episodes, introducing a huge amount of backstory about the war, upgrading everyone's weapons, debunking the "Rose is pink diamond theory," hinting at the identities of other Crystal Gems, and having someone FINALLY tell Steven that it's okay for him not to be Rose.

Oh, and also, if you really think this is the last we've seen of Bismuth, then you have not been paying attention.
>>
You know what I really hate? The people on tumblr seem incapable of thinking that oppressors can become just as, if not worse than the oppressors. Like Stalin, Robespierre, fucking Pol Pot? None of them exist?
>>
>>85178365
Shut the fuck up Paste Pot Pete.
>>
>>85172539
Draw buff dude with rainbow dreads, call it a woman, get praised as being progressive.

Its not even fucking hard to see these people are playing you idiots like fiddles.
>>
>>85172539
>her
is that a she?
>>
>>85198446
I agree, I think people like you should be killed.
>>
>>85198563
found the pedophile
>>
File: baaaah.jpg (811KB, 1024x768px)
baaaah.jpg
811KB, 1024x768px
>>85198254
If they were smart enough to understand this, you wouldn't have to explain it to them
>>
>>85175689
>I think they gonna do a ,oh sure just unbubble me when you need something then put me back under, episode later

but can you really see them going back to her to shatter other gems?

Something extreme is going to have to happen for the characters to make that ethical leap, and I don't think Sugar is making this show to say "sometimes it's ok to solve your problems with deadly violence"
>>
>>85174681

it's just a cartoon, bro
>>
>>85172539

She was a war criminal in the making.
>>
>>85177902

They are part of Gemworld gems

if Bismuth saw them, they will be dead.
>>
>>85175346

we still don't know if gems have vaginas.

We don't even know if they can pop!
>>
>>85178248

Rose is mostly communist and an anarchist. She didn't have a plan of what to do after winning against the diamonds.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 810x451px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 810x451px
I don't see why everyone thinks this scene is so lewd, they forgot to draw the pants... That's the only possible thing I could see as "lewd" a little. I personally love this scene

>Pearl... I don't recall asking you to bring me a spear?

Epic Bismuth diss, Bisdiss'd
>>
>>85172539
>wanted to take no prisoners gem when poofing and bubbling is an option
>tried to kill leader TWICE when told no

OP confirmed for apologist bisfag
>>
Rose is a crazy bitch desu
>>
>>85174681
There's extremist right-wingers and left-wingers anon. They are both stupid.
>>
File: gfgAndSugHaveAsleepOver.jpg (197KB, 937x556px) Image search: [Google]
gfgAndSugHaveAsleepOver.jpg
197KB, 937x556px
>>85199580
>don't know if gems have vaginas.
>We don't even know if they can pop!

Amethyst swapped her eyeballs onto her feet. They can shapeshift whatever they want.
Now, in a relaxed form?
I would guess that they just have a smooth featureless pubic area. They have a mouth/nose/lungs for speaking, but whether food is passed all the way through or regurgitated is another question.
>>
>>85199746
>when poofing and bubbling is an option
You're making a LOT of assumptions. We don't know if other gems like Peridot, Lapis, Jasper, or Amethyst can bubble. We have no idea whether or not all gems can bubble. Until we have more information, we don't know who was right.
>>
>>85199810
I'm sure when a gem eats something, they creat a passage system for it come out the other end. Otherwise they would just be walking around with alien objects inside of them forever, which I'd imagine would be uncomfortable without a stomach
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 397x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 397x525px
>>85173081
This, every show needs a Frieza.
>>
>>85199812
I loved when she came super close to PTSDing when they first mentioned Rose, but she played it off totally cool
>>
>>85199906
Now I want a gif of freeza kicking Steven in the nads
>>
File: steven.png (320KB, 466x466px)
steven.png
320KB, 466x466px
lmao @ "black-coded"

>"WE WUZ SPACE ROCKS N SHEEEIIIT"
>"UP UNTIL SPACE ROCKS IZ THE BAD GUYZ WE DINDU NUFFIN"
>>
>>85177361
>>85181693
The problem isn't the weapon ITSELF, it was the use of that KIND of weapon.

But if they accept using IT, Bismuth could make better and better weapons with the sole design of shattering gems.
>>
>>85199735
she looks like fucking donkey kong
>>
>>85198446
you uh

you're kind of a psychopath who should be removed from society

Bateman pls
>>
File: (you).jpg (20KB, 367x500px)
(you).jpg
20KB, 367x500px
>>85198446
>>
>>85199538
If Bismuth saw them, then Steven and the other gems could talk out who they are and how they got there, and from there they could explain how the Breaking Point nips their membership growth in the bud as a weapon and is therefore more harmful to their cause than good for it.

But, of course, common sense is for teams that don't have a Steven Universe on them, so instead, we get to see potentially the most useful, versatile, ambitious, eager, and powerful members of the Gems shelved indefinitely.
Maybe they couldn't afford to pay her voice actor for more than a guest appearance.
>>
>>85173130
>communist

That alone is reason enough for death
>>
>>85201382
She definitely seems to be based on a gorilla. Look at her face and nose shape.

She's built to look like a strong, heavy hitter. I bet she could kick jasper's ass if that quartz could stay still long enough.
>>
>>85201751
How much did they pay estelle to say all these lines in the past episodes?
>>
File: 1404010430646.png (120KB, 289x298px) Image search: [Google]
1404010430646.png
120KB, 289x298px
>>85178394
>HAHAHAHAHAAAAAaaaaaaaa...
>No.

and they told me /co/mblr wasn't real
>>
>>85191886
literally none of that post is buzzwords
>>
>>85202017

Maybe that's what blew the voice-acting budget. Maybe that's why no more Bismuth.
>>
CRYSTAL RACE WAR
>FIGHT! FIGHT!
CRYSTAL RACE WAR
>BLACK! WHITE!
>>
>>85199735
they're fucking flirting
ew
>>
File: guess i better get going.jpg (45KB, 459x521px) Image search: [Google]
guess i better get going.jpg
45KB, 459x521px
>not just explaining to bismuth why we shouldn't shatter them by showing her peridot who was a bad guy and is now a good guy
>>
File: 1443749611199.png (381KB, 1024x1651px) Image search: [Google]
1443749611199.png
381KB, 1024x1651px
>>85173081
I expect Steven's morals to be intact by the end, but I half-expect one of the Diamonds to go down in some no-compromise kamikaze wave of glory after he tries to spare her.
>>
If they ever bring her back, I wonder how she'll take the breaking point being dropped in magma.
>>
>>85202998
Judging by the fact that she was kicking the shit out of Steven, I don't think she would be buying it.
>>
File: shit taste.png (73KB, 391x297px)
shit taste.png
73KB, 391x297px
Ironic shit posting is still shit posting.
>>
>>85203267
....so just like Frieza?
>>
>>85172539
being so evil that she herself doesn't realize she is evil.
>>
File: 270.jpg (32KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
270.jpg
32KB, 539x960px
>>85172539
>"you can do and say whatever you want without any repercussions just as long as you are oppressed"

No wonder Tumblr loves this show so much
>>
>>85179966
to the right of the card in the frame: that dog
>>
>>85189097
>People shrug off tasers with enough adrenaline or sometimes just push through the pain.
That's not how tasers work

Not any of higher rating, you are physically incapable of doing anything when being tased, it doesn't matter how angry you are or what drugs you have coursing through you, your body's electrical signals are nothing compared to what are coming from the taser.

Only weak tasers leave you mobile
>>
File: Woolie.jpg (468KB, 1048x1225px)
Woolie.jpg
468KB, 1048x1225px
>>85172539
Is that Woolie?
>>
I gave up on this show after the second lion episode I think. Does it start to establish more of a narrativ, adventure time style? Or just isolated incidents of random hijinks?
>>
File: 1411510011739.png (158KB, 210x251px)
1411510011739.png
158KB, 210x251px
>>85210245
Yes

He got bubbled after he killed that one guy
>>
File: Pat's Waifu.png (215KB, 799x574px) Image search: [Google]
Pat's Waifu.png
215KB, 799x574px
>>85210336
Sounds like he should've dropped his fucking shield
>>
>>85172539
Am I the only one annoyed they called this a gem?
>>
>>85202998
I'd imagine she'd sooner attack Lapis the instant she saw her than attempt to talk things out, and if I recall it was a Bismuth that attacked Lapis the first time.
>>
>>85210421
At this point, "Gem" is just a soft-classification for the "species", rather than a strictly adhered to definition of the word.
And it's a Bismuth crystal, so I guess it's half-way there.
I doubt Homeworld has a bunch of oysters making Pearls, but they somehow have those too, it's best not to think too hard about it.
>>
>>85210439
More like Lapis would fucking attack Bismuth the second she realized who it was

And Bismuth would get her fucking shit wrecked.
>>
File: 1470026907170.jpg (29KB, 699x699px)
1470026907170.jpg
29KB, 699x699px
>>85184909
I've seen people complaining about Tumblr complaining. Can you post some good screenshots or something? I want a good laugh
>>
>>85210245
No, that's a AAAALIEUMM!
>>
>>85173130
Wouldn't her sentiment be anti-communist? Communism supports a caste system where the thing you're born the best at doing is what you're stuck doing for life, the thing Homeworld practices
>>
File: 1445363052329.jpg (110KB, 849x720px)
1445363052329.jpg
110KB, 849x720px
>yfw anons are defending the edgelord actions of a character based off a mineral associated with being edgy
Is this what /pol/ was talking about? Is this meme magic?
>>
File: aa9.png (1MB, 1078x1600px) Image search: [Google]
aa9.png
1MB, 1078x1600px
>>85210245
Yes. Rest in fuckin pieces.
>>
File: 1469070584186.png (130KB, 288x290px) Image search: [Google]
1469070584186.png
130KB, 288x290px
>did nothing wrong
>attacked her superior and a fellow soldier after telling her nobody should use the shitty weapon
>ayy what if we kill gems like homeworld it'll show we mean bismuth!
because those "liberated" gems would love knowing their "saviors" have a weapon that can kill any gem in an instant and they used it against soldiers who were just following orders
>>
>>85210658
check the archive for /sug/ threads i saw saw 2 yesterday on one thread
>>
>>85208631
Frieda knew damn well he would survive a planet's explosion since he could breath in space, that shit was no kamikaze move.
>>
>>85210799
When did bismuth become associated with edgelords? That some reddit shit?
>>
>>85172539
>Bring her back right the fuck now.
>Implying they're not

You turbofag.
>>
>>85212190
lab made bismuth has lots of edges in its structure
>>
File: Djura.gif (1MB, 268x353px) Image search: [Google]
Djura.gif
1MB, 268x353px
>literally built a Stake Driver
funny because Djura is the opposite of Bismuth.
>>
File: 2353463460.gif (999KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
2353463460.gif
999KB, 500x200px
Might as well ask again here since there's multiple SU threads. So which was worse /co/? Blood bending is bad because controlling people is bad or breaking gems?
>>
>>85172539
more like Bitchmouth am i right??
>>
>>85172539
>you really are better than her
Great closing line from her. Great scene.
>>
>>85214522
Breaking, I'd say. Blood bending is used for incapacitation and/or torture. I suppose if you had the ability to use blood bending to make a puppet army, your troops might prefer death, but as it is...
>>
>>85206133
It was probably just a prototype anyway.
>>
>>85202998
Are y'all happy or sad that Peridot didn't get any weapons from Bismuth? I suppose it might have gone against the "you don't need prosthetics, you're a fucking magnet" lesson from "Too Short to Ride", but I'd like to see Peridot with a minigun arm or something.
>>
>>85199892
>Amethyst's stomach is like Lion's mane
>if Steven gets hungry, she reaches down her throat and grabs a marshmallow-and-mustard sandwich for him
>you will never have a friend as nice as Amethyst
>>
steven was clearly put in a position where he had to make the moral choice between the sword and the breaking point but is there a real moral difference between bubbling her forever or killing her outright?

bismuth doesn't experience time in the bubble. i'm sure there are many reasons garnet and pearl were more able to accept rose's and the others deaths, but given that bismuth has had literally no time to process it certainly hasn't helped her mourning process.
>>
>>85214522
If anything Katara is a bigger shit for banning bloodbending outright instead of trying to use it for medical purposes.
>>
>>85210881
LAPIS HAD IT COMING
>>
>>85178847
Damn. I really feel bad for these guys.

>>85185458
Not all Pearls know each other, anon. Pearly probably assumed they're a different Craze Lace and Biggs.
>>
>>85202519

It's limited to /sug/
>>
File: tumblr_oa191i5Xn51vyor95o1_1280.png (375KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa191i5Xn51vyor95o1_1280.png
375KB, 1024x1280px
Somewhat late reminder to stick your dick on her rainbow gemhole
>>
>>85179007
>>85179017
>>85179021
THERE'S NO EVIDENCE IT WAS THE ENTIRE OCEAN

STOP THIS MEME
>>
>>85186138
Not pulling a tumblr or anything, but I've seen women who don't have an ounce of what you'd consider femininity. They're not as buff as Bismuth, but I did a double take because they really didn't look like typical females. I live in SEAsia by the way, so I don't know how it is where you live.

I kind of feel bad for them because they're obviously not considered feminine pretty and I often wonder how they feel. Such is life.
>>
do we even need the oceans

i'd give up all the fluids in my body for lapis
>>
>>85215824
That's why I really could have used some evidence that at some point they're gonna at least TRY to talk to her. Like maybe in a couple years when Steven's more mature, or maybe they're just figuring out what to say to her, but leaving her stuck there and never letting her out seems really pointless in terms of a moral victory.
>>
>>85172539
It does not matter if she was right or wrong, the fact is, when she was confronted with an oposing oppinion, she became violent and atacked steven, she could have walked away, start another, more violent resistance against HW, change her way of thinking, different choices, but no, she atacked steven, and with agem-shareting weapon no less.
Also there isthe fact that she could have let him puff her, she's a seasoned warrior thatcould stop pearl and garnet, yet steven outsped her? not to mention she still had her weapon risen, not about to strike, like she was just giving him a reason to puff her,as in "I don't wanna live in this world anymore".
>>
>>85201751
>Forcing your writing to be shitty to get a celebrity voice actor.

Why not just find some voicefags on /mu/ and expand the cast exponentially.
>>
>>85177539
yeah, Bismuth is the representation of the opressed willlin to be the opressors. Imagine
a LBGT world where christians are opressed.

Imagine if Trigglypuff wins some sort of unlimited power.
>>
>>85173586
what the fuck is this gif?
>>
File: Eyes.jpg (311KB, 447x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Eyes.jpg
311KB, 447x1920px
She was misguided and angry. I hope that she could be redeemed with a proper heart-to-heart.
>>
File: tumblr_npvhut3XpX1sjkbm5o1_1280.jpg (137KB, 1245x1247px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npvhut3XpX1sjkbm5o1_1280.jpg
137KB, 1245x1247px
Would you a Ruby?
>>
>>85217156
No because I'm a male and not homosexual
>>
So, is it true the creators of Steven Universe browse /co/? what are the odds of one of them seeing this thread?
>>
>>85217133
of course she can, the whole show is about how a crying fat kid is enough to solve million years of wars
>>
>>85181158
>There is no feesible reason to permakilling them except MAH REVENGE

I think Bismuth was hoping that if they started killing gems Homeworld would eventually back off. I'm sure Rose was aware of just how impossible a task that would be with their small numbers.

The only way to win would be to increase their numbers, so they would have to do like you said. However, I think making it clear to the attacking homeworld gems that they wouldn't shatter them would also go along way to getting gems to switch sides.

A homeworld soldier has no choice but to fight, or they get shattered. If they go to earth and learn that the enemy they're fighting won't shatter them it gives them a some incentive to surrender or even intentionally get bubbled if they really do resent the diamonds and want to escape their rule.

Basically shattering is just an idiotic strategy when you have the option to bubble and recruit instead.

From everything that happened with Bismuth it would seem that Rose was actually a rather manipulative person. You can see some of those flaws in Steven. He is a meddler that likes to get involved in other peoples business, also when he doesn't like you he can hold a pretty strong grudge. Rose may have been even worse. I think it would be great if the perfect image of Rose turns out to be false, and that Steven has to strive to be a better person than she was.
Thread posts: 500
Thread images: 84

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.