[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly can the rings do? Can they fix stuff? Create fire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: greenlantern.gif (151KB, 637x367px) Image search: [Google]
greenlantern.gif
151KB, 637x367px
What exactly can the rings do?

Can they fix stuff?
Create fire?
Do they have to be a ring? Can you shape it into something else?

What is the full list of it's capabilities?
>>
>>85162904

>If you're Kyle Rayner

Anything

>If you're anyone else

Make boxing gloves and crane constructs and shit.
>>
File: f-sharp-bell.jpg (372KB, 421x640px) Image search: [Google]
f-sharp-bell.jpg
372KB, 421x640px
>>85162904
Rot Lop Fan had a bell. F# was the sound of green light, or some other super-scientific stuff.
>>
>>85162904
>Can they fix stuff?
yes
>Create fire?
yes
>Do they have to be a ring? Can you shape it into something else?
I think you can change
>What is the full list of it's capabilities?
whatever is convenient for the writer
>>
>>85162904
Bitch its space magic. It can do whatever the plot needs it to do.
>>
File: RCO012 (1).jpg (2MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
RCO012 (1).jpg
2MB, 1920x2951px
>>85162904
Somebody had Green Lantern Knuckles and Baz the Mad can just straight up heal people if he's push to the limit
>>
Guy studied the chemical make up for beer so he could make light constructs that can get him drunk.
>>
File: 1469265031862.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1469265031862.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>85164725
What

How?

That... what?
>>
Technically the Rings can do anything as long as the wielder poses the adequate willpower to make the thought come to life.
>>
>>85162904
>What is the full list of it's capabilities?

Silver and Bronze age rings were essentially magical reality altering rings that made every thought and wish from its wearer true. I mean, at some point Hal turned some friend of his into a bird just by dreaming about it.

From the 90's onwards rings were just energy channeling artifacts that made tangible constructs, with the exception of Hal/Paralax and Torch Bearer Kyle who were reality manipulators like the Silver/Bronze GLs.
>>
I'm pretty sure I've seen Soranik make like medical instruments and shit with it. Probably counts as "fixing stuff"
>>
The rings can do anything, different corps seem to have different basic abilities but even then it's more like being more focused in different areas than completely unique abilities. Green can heal, Blue can make constructs alone, Amazon purple healing ray might be linked to Violet, etc.
>>
>>85164826
Yeah, the only problem was he would get drunk lose his concentration and the alcohol construct would disappear from his body and he'd sober up.
>>
The one thing that's confused me is that up until Crisis I'd seen Lanterns make constructs that actually just form into regular matter after they're projected. By which I mean, for example, if there's a hole in a wall, they'll fill it with light, and then it'll just solidify into the color and material of the wall.

But how long does it stay, just as long as they want to? Do they have to maintain the thought of it, and when they stop it ceases to exist?

Obviously since they make their uniforms with light they can shift the colors if desired, it's just usually not worth the effort.

They can also go invisible, make a wall transparent either one-way or two-way, detect beings in the area, they're just really fucking powerful.

But like all superheroes, they rarely use the full extent of their ability and usually just forget about them.
>>
>>85166034
>Green can heal, Blue can make constructs alone, Amazon purple healing ray might be linked to Violet, etc.
sauce on tat?

>>85166466
I always thought the stuff they made would fade when the rings run out of power. Then I would see them make coffins out of hardlight and I no longer understand
>>
>>85165267
She was a doctor she knew what to do with it. I always feel like they couldn't just strictly will something n without any knowledge
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.